• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ninten/EarthBound Beginnings General Thread

Quillion

Smash Hero
I Still dont really get the Push for Ninten considering he would probably play like Lucas and Ness!
Gyiyg (giygas/Giegue) or Porky on the other hand...
Agreed. I don't really mind clones, but Ness and his story already feel like Ninten and his story unburdened by the NES's limitations.

AdmN30

Smash Apprentice
NNID
AdmiralN
Switch FC
SW-2324-3227-3622
I Still dont really get the Push for Ninten considering he would probably play like Lucas and Ness!
Not necessarily. EarthBound Beginnings has some unique PSI moves the he could be using like PK Beam and 4-D slip as well as the Eight Melodies as a possible Final Smash. He could also use his bat in more than just his forward smash. Those are just a few ideas.

The assumption that he'll play exactly like Ness and Lucas is rather presumptuous. It's like assuming that Giygas (as he appears in the first game) will play the exact same way as Mewtwo.
Agreed. I don't really mind clones, but Ness and his story already feel like Ninten and his story unburdened by the NES's limitations.
I always found the idea that their stories are "basically the same" to be an oversimplification. They may share some similarities, but EarthBound does not follow the plot of the first game verbatim. The differences between the plot points, character personalities are clear enough to justify them being two separate stories.

Quillion

Smash Hero
I always found the idea that their stories are "basically the same" to be an oversimplification. They may share some similarities, but EarthBound does not follow the plot of the first game verbatim. The differences between the plot points, character personalities are clear enough to justify them being two separate stories.
Maybe not "basically the same", but I prefer the idea of EarthBound being a reboot of Beginnings. They reused a lot of the basic plot and character designs but were free to update a lot of the other elements.

TBH, Beginnings doesn't really work as part of the same continuity as EarthBound and Mother 3.

RileyXY1

Smash Hero
Some Earthbound fans might want to see all 3 protagonists together. Although Ninten would at least have a unique Up Smash, Down Smash, Neutral Special, and Final Smash, as those moves (specifically for Ness) are based on attacks that did not exist in Beginnings.

Quillion

Smash Hero
Some Earthbound fans might want to see all 3 protagonists together. Although Ninten would at least have a unique Up Smash, Down Smash, Neutral Special, and Final Smash, as those moves (specifically for Ness) are based on attacks that did not exist in Beginnings.
Yeah, but Ness is pretty much just Ninten but better.

All Ninten can do that the other Mother boys can't is teleport out of a fight.

Top Bottom