• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

NinfanNanz's Smash 3 Project M Build With Cbliss Expansion!

NinfanNanz

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
4425-2858-3538
Hello all! First off, Thank you for your interest in this build! I do hope you all really enjoy my first build of Project M I have ever posted! So with out further ado,

Goal of this Build :
To make a build in a consistent style with costumes that are aesthetically pleasing as well as competitively clear with costumes. The problem I have with most builds is that there are inconsistent poses and textures with conflicting styles. I am trying to make the ideal build with consistent Smash 3 style and costumes, with also, some cool alts. Hopefully when Smash 3 releases their build, I will be able to make sure there are 10 Smash 3 costumes per character.

Costumes :
Here is a Dropbox link for all the CSPs of the costumes.
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/fkuuv3n4qfo2r9d/AACF0mgiy3BJB7V0KTnMWS24a?dl=0
Credits go to all these people for costumes! If I have let you out, please let me know, and I apologize for missing you!
Theytah
Tock
Smash 3/3C teams
HypnotizeOverdrive
Dr.
bizzozeron
Taiko
Pk-Thunder
RoboticCyborg
This Is A Username
GotHunch
nerdbot
Kitsu-chan
Codex-9
ledgerewskie
Layell
mnsg
FQuintanilla14
Rosetta-Hime
FNV1

Music :
The music is meant to be fitting while have an energetic feel to it. However, I am thinking some songs should be changed; those songs are labeled with two asterisks. Three asterisks refer to the fact that I have no idea what the song is, So if you are willing to figure out the title, I would gladly credit you in this.
Here is the tracklist! Credits to Brawl Custom Music for most Songs. Credits to Danatarion (I think) for cycle music code,
https://docs.google.com/document/d/128jaGIdWfu8uXLNgmuj1NfPVO7YVCNiTbQ9VsZtUyLU/edit?usp=sharing'

STAGES (UPDATE)
-Now uses The Netplay Stages!
-The only things changed from the Netplay version are PM Stadium, 20XX Rainbow Destination, Final Destination, and Yoshi Fortune which all are just visual edits of legal legal Stages.

I currently have issues with my build. Not bugs per say, but things I would like to fix in the future.
-Roy's gold color CSP is default gold roy, not Smash 3. Roy is also inconsitent in style with his cosutmes (Pink and Purple particularly)
-Shadow Queen Peach is place inbetween costumes and inconsistent CSP
-Donut Plain's Remix/Yoshi's Wooly World Special Course doesn't transition well
-Rotation does not have proper stock Icons
-Result screen does not display proper stock Icons.

Bugs:
-Ganon's Phantom Costume Stock Icon is Default/Red when it should be blue
-Kirby's stock Icons after white are messed up.
If you catch any mistakes, glitches, or fix anything for me, I will include you in the credits and thank you for doing so.

Credits to winchester7314 for creating the background used in the Hackless and Dolphin Build.
Huge shoutout to sinistersnakesennin for making the Cbliss expansion template!

BUILD : Current Version 3.6
Homebrew
https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0B1Jom8jUBxG8dTE0SGNEQXhZaTA&usp=sharing

Attachments

Last edited:

??Sanic Hedgehog??

Smash Ace
NNID
Sliverboy
3DS FC
5069-4545-8058
This looks pretty good but, I want to merge one pack with this, Which codes did you use for cBliss?

NinfanNanz

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
4425-2858-3538
I used Mewtwo2000's Cbliss tool and combined the PM mod with the Brawl order with teams on.

Middleman97

Smash Apprentice
Hey man, I've been thinking of updating my build but this looks better then anything I've put out. I can't wait to try it out!

HypnotizeOverdrive

Smash Ace
NNID
HypnoOverdrive
I see you put my favorite Cap color in there. Kudos, yo, I'ma see if I can try this out.

NinfanNanz

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
4425-2858-3538
Will there be a hackless download? :grin:
I would love to put out a hackless version, but I currently have no standard 2GB SD card for it. If you wanna test it out real quick, I can whip it up for you and give it to you.

If you're interested here's a Smash 3 version of Falcon's N64 recolor, courtesy of Kurukato87 Kurukato87
https://www.dropbox.com/s/d975feycr5ljb5p/Purple Falcon.7z?dl=0
This was a tough decision to make, but I really enjoy the black scarf on PM N64 captain falcon, but I might make a black scarf version of this one real quick and see how it works out. Thank you though!

Last edited:

davidvkimball

blippi.gg, @MeleeHD Lead
Slippi.gg
D#0
NNID
davidvkimball
3DS FC
3196-5240-6546
Switch FC
SW-1880-0689-1110
Extremely nice build, good work. Quick question, how did you manage to replace all of the portraits in the CSS without the game crashing? I'm trying to replace them and for the life of me I can't get it to work. Any tips?

NinfanNanz

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
4425-2858-3538
I had to change all of the potraits to CMPR compression. Brawl costume manager would sometimes upscale it/the file i was already using used CI8. So I went through the sc_selcharacter, and made sure they were all CMPR.

Last edited:

davidvkimball

blippi.gg, @MeleeHD Lead
Slippi.gg
D#0
NNID
davidvkimball
3DS FC
3196-5240-6546
Switch FC
SW-1880-0689-1110
I had to change all of the potraits to CMPR compression. Brawl costume manager would sometimes upscale it/the file i was already using used CI8. So I went through the sc_selcharacter, and made sure they were all CMPR.
Hmm, I do that and still get errors. Do you do any compressing of the image prior to placing them in BrawlBox?

Last edited:

NinfanNanz

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
4425-2858-3538
Hmm, I do that and still get errors. Do you do any compressing of the image prior to placing them in BrawlBox?
hmmm, No. Check with sinistersnakesennin, as I used his Cbliss and ASL kit and just used the cbliss part.

Kurukato87

Smash Apprentice
This was a tough decision to make, but I really enjoy the black scarf on PM N64 captain falcon, but I might make a black scarf version of this one real quick and see how it works out. Thank you though!
If you'd like I can try to make a new version of it, last time I couldn't get the scarf to look right, but I'm a lot more experienced now.

NinfanNanz

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
4425-2858-3538
I would wait on it, because Smash 3 is creating a new falcon, and if they don't release a N64 Falcon color, then you should do it. Thank you though!

lpchaim

Smash Rookie
Thank you for this, consistency is king to me and your project is just about that!
As an aside, did anyone manage to run this on Dolphin? I'm trying to, but even though Gecko says the codes were applied, nothing changes after the game loads. I made a new SD for this one and swapped the file of my old vanilla one, which I might add still works with the same method. Did anything change regarding Dolphin? I think I had initially set this up during 3.5, so that might be one of the reasons.

CopynPasteKevin

Smash Cadet
NNID
CopynPaste
Awesome build.
Especially love how the music changes to a different song every time you reach to the character selection screen.
Do you have a list the songs that play during the screen? I would like to change some lel.

NinfanNanz

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
4425-2858-3538
Here you are!

Character Select Screen Themes
X15 - Super Smash Bros. Melee (Johammad Remix)
X16 - Project M Theme
X17 - Settle it in Smash
X18 - Smash 64 Character Select Theme
X19 - Let's Brawl!
X20 - Menu 2 (Super Smash Bros. Melee)
X21 - Super Smash Bros. 4 Main Theme (GuardianSoul's Arrangement)

NinfanNanz

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
4425-2858-3538
Nope. The only thing I did was use PM Stadium, 20XX Rainbow Destination, Final Destination, and Yoshi Fortune which all are just visual edits of legal legal Stages. Thank you though I will add that in the description.

NinfanNanz

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
4425-2858-3538
hehehe..I was already planning on implementing those stages. :)

NinfanNanz

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
4425-2858-3538
hmmm... odd. Mine works fine. Try reinstalling it that might help.

Hey you all! an update on the Dolphin and Hackless version build.
the Dolphin Version
works perfectly fine using the virtual sd card method, but for some reason I can only get some of the music to load. If i slowly replace all the songs, it seems to pick up more and more, but I don't understand why this happens. Does this ever happen to you all?
The Hackless Version
seems to work fine, but I wanna do some more tests, because I might have missed some stuff. Currently, I might have to try emulating the hackless method on Dolphin due to me being a dummy head and forgeting the SD card at my dorm.

Last edited:

Crystalruby

Smash Apprentice
Smashing Some Nubs (With a Pinch of Salt)
NNID
Crystalruby8

the Dolphin Version
works perfectly fine using the virtual sd card method, but for some reason I can only get some of the music to load. If i slowly replace all the songs, it seems to pick up more and more, but I don't understand why this happens. Does this ever happen to you all?
The Hackless Version
seems to work fine, but I wanna do some more tests, because I might have missed some stuff. Currently, I might have to try emulating the hackless method on Dolphin due to me being a dummy head and forgeting the SD card at my dorm.
Maybe it's because I was using it on a Wii U?

Sliquify_Cheeze

Smash Cadet

the Dolphin Version
The Hackless Version
Make sure you're using VBI as the hooktype and Dolphin should load it fine!

Middleman97

Smash Apprentice
I'm trying to have a tourney build w/o alt textures since some people don't like to play with them but I love the music for this build. What do I have to copy to keep the music cycling like it does in your build?

Payton

Smash Cadet
I love this build but I am having trouble moving Distant Planet to the spot where Dreamland is. Can you help?

Brim

Smash Ace
NNID
Bitterbub
Okay, so a few questions that may have been answered already:
1. Since this is Homebrew will this require the SD card to immediately be blank, before installing?
2. I don't use coding, and lack the needs to do so, do you have the build with the codes that have the codes that fix the above errors, already pre-made, or if I run into these problems will I have to manually put in the proper code myself?

Top Bottom