• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Nindies Broadcast Announced for August 28th

nindies.jpg

A new video presentation dedicated to “Nindies,” Nintendo’s name for Indie titles on the Nintendo Switch, will go live this Tuesday, August 28th at 9:00 AM PT/12:00 PM ET. This video will feature multiple unannounced Indie titles for the Switch, so we can expect to see lots of new content, but just what exactly are all these new games? Find out soon by viewing this presentation on a livestream at Nintendo’s official site or on Nintendo’s Twitch channel.

Authors Note: Have any guesses about what we’re going to see revealed? Let us know your thoughts in the comments!

Mitchell "Zerp" Brenkus

Comments

I doubt this is gonna be Smash-U related, considering how the only time they did a Smash reveal of any sort on a non-Smash direct was when they announced the game itself. Unless I'm wrong. In the case of it actually being related, though, I think we all know it's either gonna be Shantae or Quote/Curly, perhaps even an old but obscure independent rep that's been with Nintendo for a while now. Place yer bets.

Speaking of which, I am still surprised that a character from an Indie game even exists in Smash Ultimate. Even though he is only an assist trophy, Shovel Knight being in the game is huge. The possibilities.

Yo, I might watch me some of this. Although, as much as I would LOVE to see Shantae get announced 4 days from now, Imma just save my breath on that; don't wanna have my expectations being too high.

Something tells me some amiibo stuff will be shown (though I'll probably end up sleeping through it like I did E3 and the Smash Direct because I don't do mornings)

Quite odd considering they just held one on the 20th which was quite short. Unless holding random indie directs every few weeks is a new thing they plan on continuing into the future it makes no sense... that is unless it's a kind of mask to hide the announcement of an indie character joining smash...

It's all speculative but I wouldn't be surprised if there's something larger going on here. The first one was a sudden surprise that was announced the same day it was planned but they are announcing this one several days in advance? Hmm....

Shantae anyone? What other indie characters have a chance that aren't also confirmed assist trophies?

Last edited:
Commander video from Bit. Trip was the only indie trophy in smash 4 in the first place and has a long history with Nintendo. That series was the WiiWare's killer app. He would be a good fit.

I seriously doubt there will be anything Smash related because Smash is basically a hype black hole that nullifies anything else announced alongside it and Nintendo probably recognizes that would be a **** move for an Indie Showcase.

I doubt this is gonna be Smash-U related, considering how the only time they did a Smash reveal of any sort on a non-Smash direct was when they announced the game itself. Unless I'm wrong. In the case of it actually being related, though, I think we all know it's either gonna be Shantae or Quote/Curly, perhaps even an old but obscure independent rep that's been with Nintendo for a while now. Place yer bets.
in fact some character was reveal in Nintendo MAIN direct...but never in a indie direct. i doubt we will get a reveal in a indie direct.
but in general Nintendo direct ..Yes we can

There's not gonna be a character announcement, but if it does happen, I will eat my words. In addition, If it's Quote or Curly from Cave Story I will purchase and play through Cave Story 3D on the 3DS, if its Shantae, I will buy the 1/2 Genie port on the switch.

Also, to add, Shulk for Sm4sh was revealed in a JP only 3DS direct...on August 28, 2014. Probably just crazy coincidence, but maybe not...

Hoping to see something from Inti Creates. Mine favourite games from them so far are Azure Striker Gunvolt and Dragon Marked for Death.

Top Bottom