• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Nikefest 3 Results Thread: March 5th, 2011 - San Antonio, Tx

Big Boss

Smash Journeyman
trela: thx for the ****** in pools. i'm thinking of picking up lucario as a secondary. teach me some stuff? :o

pyledriver: still no consistency over one another. 3-2 (me), baby! :p

andilex: i need more practice w/the diddy mu. i blame kon! jk<3

gova: ggs, but you didn't get ps1+jab lock this time. :p

suspect: ggs, dan. i dropped the ball game 2. i shouldn't have got overconfident and killed your d3 sooner, but i payed for it. :urg:

rei-gun: i see that, in the rgv, you guys don't play no games. ggs in doubles; i think paw and i did all right against y'all even though it was our first time teaming together. :troll:

polt & denti: ggs ****** us in doubles in friendlies and tourney. lmfao @ that box taunt hitting both of y'all.

santi: he's laying eggs in yo brain, foo'. bah-ding-ha!

nike: thx for hosting this tourney; it was amazing & fun.

cliff: you're still an *******. <^>

NeoBatou

Smash Ace
Shoutouts.
Sorry for not entering singles, I was also having this stomach problem....but eventually I got over it. I'm not a singles person all the time I like doing teams...it's one of my specialties.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

1: Gnes - Good seeing you again Keith. Looked like you were bored sometimes haha....

2: Razer - Every time your here, your taking the top three. Sometimes I wonder if you can give me a couple of pointers....

3: Trela - Well bro, you did good. I am not surprised though. I really want to team with you one of these days I think we would make a beast team.

4: Espy - You were pretty aggressive this tournament. Regardless good stuff bro. You know I love hanging with you inside/outside of tournament. By the way you got a nice Felicia on MVC3.

5: Denti - That's my partner, doing well as usual. I want to see you in top three next time, but as far as this tournament goes, good job bro. I love our trips :D

7: Dphat -Good to see you again BRO! I miss hanging with you and Felton. I promise you sometime after WHOBO3 I'll have the money to chill with you guys the entire weekend at Epiks and such....

9: Shlike - Thanks for all the friendlies friday night even thought I was tired as hell. I learned a lot from your ZSS and good job in singles.

9: FK - Thanks for carpooling with us bro. I"ll need your facebook and blah blah blah lol....we should hang out again soon.

13: Pyledriver -look at ol pyledriver, always trying to act cool n sh** lol

13: ShadowPJ -best toon link in the world. We still gotta hit those clubs up in Houston next time bro.

17: Nike - Thanks for the housing bro. Lemme know when you get those replays done. You ran the tournament just fine in my view and next time I know you'll do even better.

17: RedShadow - Always impressing me bro. Keep it up. Your wario is becoming a threat trust me.

17: Slush - SLUUUUUSH! You owe me chicken :D

17: DMG - ...so that's what was wrong with you, all that taco cabana hot stuff got your insides all fired up and drug like :D

Morningstar - Sorry about teams. I know exactly how you feel when you missed that C4 recovery. The feeling sucks.

Leaf - I love hanging with leaf! You had a tough bracket bro. Your pikachu is still top notching it up.

Problemo - Thanks for teaming with me. You did marvelous bro!

Maan - Maan you love chicken don't ya :D

Xero - Hahaha, glad you didn't have to sit at Nike's house all night before we were done at Ihop. Good friendlies as usual.

Suspect - I have this newfound respect for you man. I don't know why it looks like you've been through what i've been through lately, ya know? I'm guessing that from how we play our games of interest, we know the things that makes us unhappy about brawl and such.

Sinister Slush

❄ I miss my kind ❄
BRoomer
NNID
SinisterSlush
Since I left Nikes and bought Black version afterwards... I've been playing 15 hours straight. Now onto 7th badge.

Shoutouts
4: Espy - Watching your match vs Gnes was great, Plus MLP table at Ihop was the best.

Spud King
5: Denti - It's really fun talking to you, and watching you get ****ed after taking Shots.
5: Smoom - Fun one (Or two?) Friendlies we played.
7: MegaFox - Yet to play in tourney, Most likely me getting 2 stocked
9: Shlike - So good game one, then I think Auto-pilot turned on around the 3rd match.
9: Santi - Will check wii later today for that match, was too caught up into pokemon.
9: K Prime - Not Mario Party level, but Still enjoyed playing Dokapon.
13: Xyro - Great match, and random noises during matches. I can't hold the laughing in.
13: Jerm - I got ****ed. Period.
17: Poltergust - (Insert 17th Again image Here)
17: Nike - Thank you SO MUCH, For housing all of us hosting the tournament and the great hyped up matches.
17: RedShadow - You're one of us now.
17: Slush - (Insert 17th Again image Here)
17: DMG - I dunno how to fight Wario, except Infinite CG
17: Jrugs - You made it out of pools? FANTASTIC
17: Paw - So upset over MLP at Ihop, you got a migraine, Absolutely Great.
25-42 - Who...

Was aiming for something higher then 13th, but looking at who was in 9th, I probably would've just been better off sitting at 17th.

Smoom77

Smash Master
1: Gnes (Diddy Kong): I know that first match was a fluke, but I'll prove myself soon enough. GGs.
4: Espy (Sonic): our matches were super good, I'm so dumb for CPing SV though, whahaah.
5: Denti (Olimar): u olimar bro
5: Smoom (Ice Climbers): I'm proud of you
7: MegaFox (Fox/Snake): Great games, you are so much better than how I was when I was your age. How old are you?
9: K Prime (Pikachu): GGs, no doubt best pikachu.
13: Xyro (Samus/ROB): omg thanks for taking me, I can't express thanks enough.
13: ShadowPJ (Toon Link): no shoutouts for you cause you didn't want any.
17: Poltergust (Yoshi): good set man. We should play some more and settle that matchup ratio.
17: Nike (Marth): thanks a ton for hosting this. This was one of the funnest tournaments I've been to :)
17: Jrugs (Snake): very good set, I remember you were making several comebacks, I wasnt sure if I'd win
17: Paw (Zero Suit Samus): tbh, I was really surprised how good you were at the ics matchup, haha.
17: Andilex (Diddy Kong): Dude, GGs. I was way nervous the whole time.

Reizilla

The Old Lapras and the Sea
Shoutout to the badass stream :awesome: and to Dphat for getting grab release spiked in our MM :D

And Nike for the awesome housing and letting us show up at 4am <3

Real shoutouts later...

The MC Clusky

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0404-6991-4531
Payouts for whoever is interested:

Singles: 40
Current Singles pot: $400
45/25/15/10/5

1st:180
2nd:100
3rd:60
4th:40
5th:20
5th and 6th will play out

Teams: 14
Teams: $280
55/30/10/5

1st:154
2nd:84
3rd:28
4th:14

What it should be:

1st:150
2nd:80
3rd:30
4th:20

Don't have the payouts for Low Tier Doubles.

Shoutouts:

Nike: Good event, I'm proud the SA community can take care of things without me for the most part. And don't worry, I've always got your back like you've always got mine when I run events.

Batou: MMM CHICKEN! Fun chilling as usual. Trolling peeps at Peng's was hilarious.

Dallas as a whole: Drawing a crowd while playing Dead Space at Nike's was hilarous. Especially when Nike's hands went up in anticipation when I almost died. Then I got tentacle *****.

Kon: Thanks for the lift back to my house, you're a really nice guy. Hope more people tell you that. Next time always bring that Melee, you know I tend to show up randomly these days.

Mark, Reigun, and Adanlix: Thanks for bringing the stream. Sorry I passed out a little early from Marvel, besides, I was getting my butt kicked for the most part anyways. Next time I'll bring it earlier, and we'll have more matches.

Sorry if I miss anyone I owe a shoutout, GGs to all.

Xyro77

Unity Ruleset Committee Member
Gnes, I'm mega sorry I screwed you overin LT, I was playing terrible for some reason after singles was done. I promise I won't do it at whobo.

z00ted

The Assault of Laughter ﷼
^my parents didn't let me come last minute

7: MegaFox (Fox/Snake): Great games, you are so mch better than how I was web I was your age.
you are so mch better than how i was web i was your age.

RocketGruntMark

Smash Rookie
Thanks guys for letting us Stream your sweet matches. Shoutouts to Nike for housing and being hella cool. MC clusky for mahvel! And everyone else for being cool!...except polt, jk!

Next stream for Texas brawl will have commentaters! So be sure to watch our stream!

Mad love for TX brawlers! <3

Leaf.

Gets up to speed!
Some shoutouts

Problemo: Don't worry about our set, you did great. Like I said, I practiced metaknight because of my set with you. Be honored.

MegaFoX: Our set was SO fun. One of my favorite sets of the day. I'll get you next time...if you don't go Falco.

Nike: "Don't screw me in pools today, lol." 5 minutes later...
"Razer. Nike. Megafox. Leaf. Problemo."
"Shoot me now..."
At the end of the day, though, it ended up being probably the greatest thing ever. Just 1 stock away from making it out...

Trela: Thanks for the help when I needed it. Combined with me starting to react better and pick up on things mid-game, it was a really big help.

Razer: I did good against every snake but you. But I'm not surprised.

All the other snakes: ggs, sorry for playing such a gay character.

Maan: THE TRUE RAINBOW DASH! Those games were too good. Private setup gonna be at Whobo for that stuff to happen. None of my stopwatches worked for me...:(

Espy: -insert trashtalk here-

K Prime: I still have so much to learn. ;;

Nike: Tied for favorite set of the day. If only I didn't kill myself on Halberd...rematch at WHOBO?

Reizilla

The Old Lapras and the Sea
**** that Wii. It was terrible. Worst hacks I've ever seen.

Rizk18

Smash Lord
Megafox with another good placing. Either people arent playing their fullest against him and don't know the Fox matchup, or he's becoming godlike.

Big Boss

Smash Journeyman
Megafox with another good placing. Either people arent playing their fullest against him and don't know the Fox matchup, or he's becoming godlike.
i don't see why anyone shouldn't play their fullest against him. mu johns or not, he wrecks *****es because he's good & smart at the game. :)

k_bot

Smash Apprentice
My first tournament personally! Had lots of fun, Thanks to Nike for housing and thanks to Dphat for the carpool. See everyone at Whobo (:

Top Bottom