• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Nightly's Artz

Nightly

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
0834-1486-0600
Heeeey so, I like to draw cartoons and stuff and I figured it'd be a good idea to post some here so I'm giving that a shot ^^; Gonna be posting Smash related art, art about other games, shows, cartoons, and maybe some original art too. I hope you guys like it. ^^

If you want to see more of my art, I have an art blog as well as deviantart

Quarium

Smash Journeyman
Yo, this is great stuff. your artstyle has a lotta flow to it and dem expressions! absolutely love it. keep it up pls.

Nightly

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
0834-1486-0600
Yo, this is great stuff. your artstyle has a lotta flow to it and dem expressions! absolutely love it. keep it up pls.
Thank you! ^^

Your art is really fantastic too. You have some really well done lineart as well as simple yet really appealing and solidly drawn shapes and forms. c:

Quarium

Smash Journeyman
Thank you! ^^

Your art is really fantastic too. You have some really well done lineart as well as simple yet really appealing and solidly drawn shapes and forms. c:
That's very flattering. I honestly wish to have a bit more of the looseness artists like you have and I started working towards it! But yeah, big lover of simplicity here. Also I qm rambling in your thread now so thanks again and I'll shush lol

Last edited:

Nightly

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
0834-1486-0600
That's very flattering. I honestly wish to have a bit more of the looseness artists like you have and I started working towards it! But yeah, big lover of simplicity here. Also I qm rambling in your thread now so thanks again and I'll shush lol
Nah nah, you aren't rambling, it's fine haha

As for looseness, I personally feel like I struggle with it as well, but I'm glad that my practice at making my art looser is paying off. :p Something that I've found has helped with in terms of making my drawings feel more loose, is following a line of action and using shapes that are more organic in form and change to match the emotions and/or actions of the character. I picked this up a lot from old Warner Brother cartoons and some other cartoons from the 30's and 40's, especially cartoons by Bob Clampett.

Now I'm the one rambling, sorry about that ^^;

Quarium

Smash Journeyman
Nah nah, you aren't rambling, it's fine haha

As for looseness, I personally feel like I struggle with it as well, but I'm glad that my practice at making my art looser is paying off. :p Something that I've found has helped with in terms of making my drawings feel more loose, is following a line of action and using shapes that are more organic in form and change to match the emotions and/or actions of the character. I picked this up a lot from old Warner Brother cartoons and some other cartoons from the 30's and 40's, especially cartoons by Bob Clampett.

Now I'm the one rambling, sorry about that ^^;
Been taking notes of that, I just really like the humble shapes though haha... it feels so consistent to me, but I'll break the mold! and us rambling just goes to show we are both artsy nerds so ggwp

Nightly

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
0834-1486-0600
Here's old character I came up with for a video game idea I had in high school that I felt like drawing again

Sorry for the lack of Smash related art, I'll draw more of that in the future ^^;

You have a very cute and fluid art style. It's very pleasing to look at.
Thanks c:

Top Bottom