• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Nickelodeon All-Stars Brawl General Thread - All Star Brawl 2 Available Today!

dlewis53

Smash Lord
Alright, we got us a double-feature with the two Loud siblings!

With Lincoln, he looks pretty fun; I'm assuming he's kind of a jack-of-all-trades character (since they didn't specify any particular playstyle in the video), and him using various toys and whatnot gave me some pretty big Villager vibes, which I love! His Squirt Gun also looks like it'll at least be more useful than F.L.U.D.D., which I'm grateful for, and I also thought the pun of "Ace of Spades" was pretty clever considering what it was referencing from the show. And I liked his victory animation, too! So yeah, Lincoln looks like a lot of fun!

As for Lucy, she definitely looked interesting. Considering the devs described her as one of the more technical characters in the game, it makes sense for her to have a gimmick of some sort, and said gimmick definitely seems interesting; and I liked how it applied to her being a goth, as well, and I liked the play on words with "Poetry Slam". Otherwise, I don't have much to say about Lucy; she looks interesting, and I'll certainly give her a chance, but for now, she doesn't necessarily look like a character I'll potentially be maining.

As for their stages, I liked both of them; the Loud House looked like the kind of stage that would be fun for a free-for-all, and the Royal Woods Cemetery looks like another good stage to use for testing characters out. Also, I have to say: I'm really digging the music for both of these stages; the rock sounds make both of these a bit of a banger, not gonna lie!

Finally, this makes me wonder if the double-feature today was simply because they're both from the same show (and there were only two of them), or if we may see more double-features considering the game's launch is in a little more than a week.

Faso115

Smash Lord
We should dread Reptar's showcase in case cameos end up deconfirming Tommy, Angelica or Chuckie

Chuckie i feel needs more love. Stan Chuckie

dlewis53

Smash Lord
So, regarding the Loud Sister cameos in The Loud House, I saw a comment on Twitter that pointed out a detail that I didn't notice: apparently, the two rooms that are visible in the window change everytime you enter the stage; for example, the comment pointed out that the showcase had Lana and Lola's room and Lucy's room, while in one of the screenshots on Twitter, it's changed to Lincoln's.

So if this is true, maybe the background cameos depend on what rooms are being showed.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
In case you haven't noticed, it's rare for the stages to have more than two background cameos for a game of this budget. Do you really want all the sisters to be deconfirmed just so we can have Clyde yet again?

Besides, the devs have shown willingness to try and break the mold compared to recent Nick crossovers.

We've got a 2 for one special today!

Edit:

"Looks like Lily is itching to join the fun. Probably for the best she can't"

Well rip Rugrats fans
All Grown Up intensifying.

Last edited:

Capybara Gaming

Just Vibing
Let's look at every stage we've seen in detail thus far and note the background cameos.

Jellyfish Fields - Gary, King Jellyfish, Queen Jellyfish, Jellyfish (species)
Glove World - Glovey Glove, Gary, Miscellaneous Background Fish
The Flying Dutchman's Ship - The Flying Dutchman
The Ghost Zone - The Box Ghost
The Loud House - Lily, Lola, Lynn Jr., Cliff (the Cat)
Royal Woods Cemetery - Fang (Lucy's Pet Bat)
Space Madness - Mr. Horse
Powdered Toast Trouble - Flies
Rooftop Rumble - Foot Clan Goon, Mousers
Sewers Slam - Mondo Gecko
Technodrome Takedown - Krang
Traffic Jam - Phoebe, Eugene, Ruth McDougal, Big Bob (On a Billboard)
Catdog's House - Winslow T. Oddfellow
Wild Waterfall - Donnie Thornberry, Darwin
Western Air Temple - Appa, Momo
Omashu - The Cabbage Merchant, Earth Kingdom Soldiers, Momo
Harmonic Convergence - Vaatu, Raava
Showdown at Teeter-Totter Gulch - Grandpa Lou, Cynthia, Tommy (on a wanted poster)
The Dump - The Gromble, Zabliner
Irken Armada Invasion - The Irken Announcer

Last edited:

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
Let's look at every stage we've seen in detail thus far and note the background cameos.

Jellyfish Fields - Gary, King Jellyfish, Jellyfish (species)
Glove World - Miscellaneous Background Fish
The Flying Dutchman's Ship - The Flying Dutchman
The Ghost Zone - The Box Ghost
The Loud House - Lily, Lola, Lynn Jr., Cliff (the Cat)
Royal Woods Cemetary - Fang (Lucy's Pet Bat)
Space Madness - Mr. Horse
Kitchen - Flies
Rooftop Rumble - Foot Clan Goon, Mousers
Sewer Slam - Mondo Gecko
The Technodrome - Krang
Traffic Jam - Phoebe, Eugene, Big Bob (On a Billboard), and some random lady and dude even the Hey Arnold Wiki doesn't have names or pictures for.
Catdog's House - Winslow
Western Air Temple - Appa, Momo
Omashu - (Potentially) The Cabbage Merchant, Earth Kingdom Soldier
Harmonic Convergence - Vaatu, Raava
Teeter-Totter Gulch - Grandpa Lou, Tommy (on a wanted poster)
Muddy Mudskipper is on Kitchen too - the dead fish isn't a perfect match but extremely close.

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
All Grown Up intensifying.

That's not true! That's impossible!

No, seriously, it is. They're not going to add AGU Tommy just because punching an 11-year-old is more acceptable. I mean, why did people doubt the Gothitelle leak, beyond the backstory it supposedly had? Because it wasn't what they think would properly represent Gen V, just like how many think preteens wouldn't properly represent Rugrats.

Last edited:

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
That's not true! That's impossible!

No, seriously, it is. They're not going to add AGU Tommy just because punching an 11-year-old is more acceptable.
I'm just saying, you never know. Not that many people even expected Lily to be playable, but it would be nice to know what on Earth they're even going to do (if anything) with the young Rugrats cast if they somehow don't show up on Teeter-Totter Gulch.

Last edited:

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Oh, I do know. That the original Rugrats is far more remembered than All Grown Up, and Nick and Ludosity would both know that.
And yet we still got a family-friendly reference to Adult Party Cartoon, which many Ren & Stimpy fans would rather forget about.

The moment we run out of popular series, there'll be no other choice than to go down.

Last edited:

dlewis53

Smash Lord
So, I've been thinking about April and Lucy's respective gimmicks, and honestly, I wouldn't mind if in the future there was an update to the UI that showed the state of both their gimmicks (similarly to how Robin, Shulk, and Steve work).

It just seems like in the heat of battle, it'd be hard to tell how far their gimmicks are along at a glance.

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
And yet we still got a family-friendly reference to Adult Party Cartoon, which many Ren & Stimpy fans would rather forget about.
It's just one single animation though. They didn't make an entire fighter out of Adult Party Cartoon references.

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend

The moment we run out of popular series, there'll be no other choice than to go down.
Adult Party Cartoon, at the very least, was the same concept benath the surface - rather than just the existing characters with the premise of their original show stripped away with nothing to replace it.

This All Grown Up thing is getting really obnoxious now.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Okay then, if the Rugrats don't show up on Teeter-Totter Gulch (besides a poster) or even DLC in any form at all (not even via a loophole), then we'll know the devs' stance on having babies fight in a game outside of mobile.

Last edited:

LimeTH

Smash Lord
Lincoln and Lucy lookin' neat. Been excited to use Lucy since she's my favorite Loud, though I'm glad not every sister makes a cameo on the stage. Still some hope for Luna as DLC!

I'm gonna say the same thing I say every time the Rugrats debate comes up. Angelica is the perfect compromise. She's not a literal baby, she's already aggressive and violent, and she's the most well remembered and iconic character aside from Reptar.
People are only talking about Tommy because he's the main character, but as Helga and Nigel have shown us, the main character isn't always necessarily the best choice. Even then, it's not like Tommy wouldn't be given the means to fight back like he's had in countless other Nick games.

Last edited:

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Lincoln and Lucy lookin' neat. Been excited to use Lucy since she's my favorite Loud, though I'm glad not every sister makes a cameo on the stage. Still some hope for Luna as DLC!

I'm gonna say the same thing I say every time the Rugrats debate comes up. Angelica is the perfect compromise. She's not a literal baby, she's already aggressive and violent, and she's the most well remembered and iconic character aside from Reptar.
People are only talking about Tommy because he's the main character, but as Helga and Nigel have shown us, the main character isn't always necessarily the best choice.
The only issue is that it's assumed that anyone under 8/9 and up won't be allowed to fight (and said 8/9 year old was problematic for the Nick executive that Ludosity talked with, apparently, despite the fact that she was easily allowed for the racer). DLC content isn't rated iirc, so she might have a chance there. If she isn't passed over for any of the dozens of wants, anyway...

Then again, maybe Lucy was going to be punted out because her stage's motif has references to death, so I dunno.

Last edited:

Faso115

Smash Lord
Just a bit of a heads-up: it looks like we're only getting one showcase tomorrow, because I checked the playlist on Gamemill's Youtube channel, and there's only one hidden/private video.
And still won't be Powdered Toast Man!

Capybara Gaming

Just Vibing

People are only talking about Tommy because he's the main character, but as Helga and Nigel have shown us, the main character isn't always necessarily the best choice. Even then, it's not like Tommy wouldn't be given the means to fight back like he's had in countless other Nick games.
I think Lucy was probably as young as they were willing to go, party game or otherwise. Angelica being... you know, still a pre-k kid is completely different.

Also, wheras Lucy has her entire personality that lends itself to a moveset, Angelica's bullying is already covered by Helga, and using toys in combat is Lincoln's schtick. Do we really need someone between those two?

Peepo T. Skeleton

Smash Ace
Exactly 9.7 inches away from your current location

We've got a 2 for one special today!

Edit:

"Looks like Lily is itching to join the fun. Probably for the best she can't"

Well rip Rugrats fans
Looks like a good amount of budget went into the Loud sibling's animations. Lincoln's win pose is gonna be so salt-inducing and I love it.

amageish

Smash Master
Well, having a 2-for-1 day is a treat! Lincoln's video is also earlier in the playlist (before some of last week's showcases), suggesting to me it was uploaded early and they waited for Lucy's presentation to also be ready to make it public... Also, there's one new one in the docket at the moment!

1632767802007.png

Anyway, Lucy's moveset is very neat! I wonder if they are purposefully letting themselves go a bit more all-out with fighter abilities for characters like Lucy and April who are neither protagonists nor natural-born fighters...

In case you haven't noticed, it's rare for the stages to have more than two background cameos for a game of this budget. Do you really want all the sisters to be deconfirmed just so we can have Clyde yet again?

Besides, the devs have shown willingness to try and break the mold compared to recent Nick crossovers.
Yeah, I know people don't want more TLH content, but sheesh. Even ignoring the general raining on other's parade aspect of it all, DLC still hasn't been actually planned - the characters haven't began being pitched to Nick yet - so I see no reason to assume that they planned the base game around deconfirming characters for a DLC cycle that they never knew if they would get to have. Though, conversely, I also don't think that a lack of a cameo also would be a good sign for a character either... I think they're just... stages. That are meant to be pretty and neat.

LimeTH

Smash Lord
I think Lucy was probably as young as they were willing to go, party game or otherwise. Angelica being... you know, still a pre-k kid is completely different.

Also, wheras Lucy has her entire personality that lends itself to a moveset, Angelica's bullying is already covered by Helga, and using toys in combat is Lincoln's schtick. Do we really need someone between those two?
It's not a hill I'm prepared to die on (already on one with solo Beavers) but I just figure if any Rugrats character outside of Reptar is happening, Angelica feels like a pretty good guess. Though Reptar is admittedly already like the perfect character choice.

Looks like a good amount of budget went into the Loud sibling's animations. Lincoln's win pose is gonna be so salt-inducing and I love it.
Big Kuzco vibes, and I'm here for it.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
At the end of the day, it doesn't hurt to ask for a given character as early and often on the Discord as possible. Just please be civil about it and respect each other's tastes.

Like I respect GoodGrief741 GoodGrief741 's admittedly unusual choice that'd be neat nonetheless.

Yeah, we'd still have a good option for a rocker moveset in the event that Ember isn't considered.
(already on one with solo Beavers)
Same, but specifically for Daggett.

It helps that his show's artstyle is pretty simple compared to many of the other series. Even Danny needed some work to refine so he could fit into this visually.

Last edited:

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Thia is a general reminder that the whole "DLC isn't rated by the ESRB" thing is a massive misunderstanding.

It's true that they don't individually rate all DLC. HOWEVER, this is under the assumption that the DLC wouldn't impact the age rating. If they add something that wouldn't have flown in the base game, the studios need to get the game re-rated to match, which costs additional money and is considered a pretty serious bit of contractual misconduct.

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
Okay, so no babies ever, got it. Mobile division is probably gonna have some problems after this game blows over, though.
You know it's possible that the ESRB and Nick are OK with baby-bashing but Ludosity isn't, right? I don't know why the narrative is always "devs want this, but corporate doesn't". We don't even know why Lucy was resisted.

Last edited:

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
So, now that I've settled down, I've had a thought.

So far, multiple showcase days have strictly used characters that are strongly related to each other, first Leo and April for the TMNT series, and now Linc and Lucy. PTM was set aside for the time being since R&S had been revealed pretty quickly.

So, the only characters left for base game that would reasonably get that (besides the flimsy link between Reptar and Nigel's shows) is the Avatar cast. Only issue with that is that for the TMNT cast, Mikey's showcase wasn't shown until the day after Leo and April's.

Also, I'm glad that we only have a week left of this chaotic base speculation to go through, but I'm not looking forward to no-info-weekend.

Last edited:
Top Bottom