• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Nickelodeon All-Stars Brawl General Thread - All Star Brawl 2 Available Today!

dlewis53

Smash Lord
Okay, so Ren & Stimpy are next on the showcase list!

And they look really fun! Their moves are as whacky as they are, and a lot of their moves having two hitboxes kind of reminds me of Wii Fit Trainer in a way. Also, it seems to me like they'll really benefit from the strafing mechanic. Also, while it's still a Counter (and I don't like the Special Move sub-type that is the Counter), I do appreciate that it kind of resembles more Incineroar's Revenge in that you can not only choose when to activate the effect, but also it looks like you can stack it, though I do wonder if there's some sort of limit.

As for the stage, Space Madness looks like one of those pretty chaotic stages you'd see in Smash, and the music isn't half bad either; it's decently catchy and sounds like it really fits with the stage.

Finally, I love that their victory animation is the "Happy-Happy-Joy-Joy" Dance! Even someone like me who's not really familiar with the show knows of this dance, so that's a neat reference!

Overall, the duo look to be pretty fun, and they might be a good means of practicing with the strafing mechanic.

Also, I'm hoping that their showcase being done now means that whenever the next showcase video happens, it's gonna be on Powdered Toast Man.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
I was expecting something more along the lines of:

But space surf rock is cool.

That being said, First Fart and History Eraser Button are looking to be potent moves in the right hands.

Pray for me I'm going in.
It was made in the days of Spike wanting manly stuff for manly people, so be on your guard.

Space Madness is definitely one of my fave music tracks we've seen thus far. It both fits the stage and the tone of a fighting game...

Their moveset looks good! Quite wacky, but good. Some of Ren's animations seem a tiny bit stiff, but, like, in a way that feels accurate to the original show? Idk. Hard to explain, but I'm impressed.
Seems acceptable to me.

So i guess we should expect Powdered Toast Man next?
That's what I'm thinking.
I would hope so. He barely got any coverage until now, so all that we really saw was his Corrosive Croutons or whatever else he was firing.

Last edited:

antinomicTune

Smash Rookie
Ren & Stimpy definitely look interesting, that's for sure. In other news, just an hour or so ago Rep posted the following in the discord:

While I don't have much problem with these aspects as-they-stand myself, I do think they could definitely be better, so it's nice to see that the music, SFX, and animations will be looked at post-release.

Last edited:

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Ren & Stimpy definitely look interesting, that's for sure. In other news, just an hour or so ago Rep posted the following in the discord:

While I don't have much problem with these aspects as-they-stand myself, I do think they could definitely be better, so it's nice to see that the music, SFX, and animations will be looked at post-release.
Yeah, seriously. Sak would fall asleep at some of the stuff we heard so far, but I'm glad to know that they'll address the issue ASAP.

FreeFox

Smash Lord
Daily showcases confirmed!

Love the Space Madness(?) music. April should be next, right?
One thing that cought me off guard was the medium heavy revelation. I hadnt consider though they were going to be on the heavier side of things despite being two characters. I like that their moves have all those attacks that give them some cover up options that other characters dont have. Cant wait to see who is next. Give me Reptar!

HARBlNGER

Smash Apprentice
No. It's worse than it sounds. You might think it's just "regular Ren & Stimpy antics but this time there's blood and boobies!" but no, it's wretched. Don't even consider it.
It was made in the days of Spike wanting manly stuff for manly people, so be on your guard.
Sounds like this show was tailored for me, looking forward to watching it later.

Screen Shot 2021-09-06 at 10.14.35 AM.png

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
I was expecting something more along the lines of:

But space surf rock is cool.

That being said, First Fart and History Eraser Button are looking to be potent moves in the right hands.

Seems acceptable to me.

I would hope so. He barely got any coverage until now, so all that we really saw was his Corrosive Croutons or whatever else he was firing.
It was a blink and you miss it moment, but one of his aerial strong moves whacks the opponent with his phone tongue.

CapitaineCrash

Smash Champion

The only music that I really want them to change is the Glove world one. I'm sorry but this one was legit awful. Adding victory themes with an update would be super cool too, I hope they'll consider that as well.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
The only music that I really want them to change is the Glove world one. I'm sorry but this one was legit awful. Adding victory themes with an update would be super cool too, I hope they'll consider that as well.
Yeah even I thought it's lame. I've heard default Yamaha soundchip Genesis music that was better than this.

Last edited:

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
How many Nicktoons games have soundtracks featuring the original theme songs anyway? As far as I know, only the Game Boy Color version of Nicktoons Racing actually had the original theme songs, and since it's the GBC, they're 8-bit versions.

antinomicTune

Smash Rookie
How many Nicktoons games have soundtracks featuring the original theme songs anyway? As far as I know, only the Game Boy Color version of Nicktoons Racing actually had the original theme songs, and since it's the GBC, they're 8-bit versions.
Nick Kart Racers 2 had a few remixes of theme songs, the House of Catdog and Ghost Zone songs are remixes of their respective shows' theme songs, for example.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Not many at all, but thanks to historical revisionism, the 1987 TMNT games keeps their iconic songs the most consistently! :4pacman:

That said, Stimpy's Invention did have Happy Happy Joy Joy, among a few others.

dlewis53

Smash Lord
...Yeah, that's probably the one song I've been able to make out so far that I'm not really feeling. Especially compared to the Glove Universe song from Kart Racers 2. That one blows this one out of the water.

Gorgonzales

Smash Ace
I like the concept of Ren and Stimpy's attacks but the execution of them is... off.
Like, their animations look super janky and stiff (dare I say unfinished). I get that the original show had moments like that, but this feels like cheap attempt to recreate that because the two styles feel way too different IMO.

That taunt is SUPER rough. Not even a sound effect or anything.

At least Space Madness is the first legit good track in this game.

Last edited:

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
Not many at all, but thanks to historical revisionism, the 1987 TMNT games keeps their iconic songs the most consistently! :4pacman:

That said, Stimpy's Invention did have Happy Happy Joy Joy, among a few others.

Hell, I don't even need to go far into that video to hear a Genesis recreation of R&S's end credits theme. Maybe it's easier to incorporate the original songs when the hardware you're working with requires them to be remade?

Teeb147

Smash Legend
I like the concept of Ren and Stimpy's attacks but the execution of them is... off.
Like, their animations look super janky and stiff (dare I say unfinished). I get that the original show had moments like that, but this feels like cheap attempt to recreate that because the two styles feel way too different IMO.

That taunt is SUPER rough. Not even a sound effect or anything.

At least Space Madness is the first legit good track in this game.
Most animations in the game are kind janky tho xD

dlewis53

Smash Lord

While I personally don't mind how the mentioned aspects are right now, again, I gotta respect how much the devs care about this game and want it to be as good as it can possibly be, to the point that they're willing to patch in updates to the technical aspects like this!

Last edited:

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
So, the new SpongeBob Cosmic Shake game will supposedly have original voice acting and songs from the show. I know most of us are over VA now, but it shows Nick can budge if proven profit is there
Probably easier when only one Nicktoon is involved rather than a whole slew of them. That and/or it's THQ being a higher-tier publisher than GameMill.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
So, the new SpongeBob Cosmic Shake game will supposedly have original voice acting and songs from the show. I know most of us are over VA now, but it shows Nick can budge if proven profit is there
Probably easier when only one Nicktoon is involved rather than a whole slew of them. That and/or it's THQ being a higher-tier publisher than GameMill.
I mean, considering that not only does Shredder's Revenge have a new rendition of the theme song (sung by Mike Patton), but it also got delayed so that the devs can get enough time to make it right (since Tribute Games' specialty is 2D pixels and DotEmu has a good reputation among indie publishers), yeah.

At any rate, Brawl's devs did say they may look into it. :drshrug:

dlewis53

Smash Lord
Plus it's a game that's solely about their flagship show; I imagine that would get more budgetary love from Nick than All-Star Brawl (which they likely saw as just a quick cash-grab initially).

ivanlerma

Smash Champion
The DS Version of Attack of the Toybots had Amity Park's Theme use the Danny Phantom Theme's Main Chords while still trying to be a new track, While in The Console Version of Globs of Doom, in the Boss Stage for Invader Zim the tracks begins with an orchestra bit that sounds similar to the beginning of the Outro.

Here's the tracks for reference.

Ze Diglett

Smash Champion
Writing Team
NNID
ZeDiglett
I was hoping these guys would be next! Ren & Stimpy look fun, but I gotta say they look... I dunno, janky? Some of their animations look kinda stiff (in particular, Keep It Together! looks a bit too slow and Look Out! doesn't look as "sproingy" as it feels it should be) and the placement of some of their hitboxes seems kind of unwieldy in my opinion. Regardless, they're still probable secondary material for me and I'm hoping they'll at least be fun in friendlies. And I love how their stage is basically just this game's version of Poke Floats.
(Also I can't BELIEVE they were willing to reference Adult Party Cartoon in any aspect of their moveset. Even if it's just their taunt, that takes some serious balls.)
Oh, and since nobody's brought it up already...

HE'S IN!!!!!

Last edited:

CapitaineCrash

Smash Champion
I just saw the trailer, there's no gameplay but it looks pretty promising. They even brought the original French voice actors from the show! And they confirmed that it will have 101 songs from the show including Sweet victory.

ivanlerma

Smash Champion
I was hoping these guys would be next! Ren & Stimpy look fun, but I gotta say they look... I dunno, janky? Some of their animations look kinda stiff (Look Out! in particular doesn't look as "sproingy" as it feels it should be) and the placement of some of their hitboxes looks kind of unwieldy in my opinion. Regardless, they're still probable secondary material for me and I'm hoping they'll at least be fun in friendlies. And I love how their stage is basically just this game's version of Poke Floats.
(Also I can't BELIEVE they were willing to reference Adult Party Cartoon in any aspect of their moveset. Even if it's just Ren's animation during their taunt, that takes some serious balls.)

HE'S IN!!!!!
"There's a Horse in Space" by Bob Camp

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
I was hoping these guys would be next! Ren & Stimpy look fun, but I gotta say they look... I dunno, janky? Some of their animations look kinda stiff (in particular, Keep It Together looks a bit too slow and Look Out! doesn't look as "sproingy" as it feels it should be) and the placement of some of their hitboxes seems kind of unwieldy in my opinion. Regardless, they're still probable secondary material for me and I'm hoping they'll at least be fun in friendlies. And I love how their stage is basically just this game's version of Poke Floats.
(Also I can't BELIEVE they were willing to reference Adult Party Cartoon in any aspect of their moveset. Even if it's just Ren's animation during their taunt, that takes some serious balls.)

HE'S IN!!!!!
Well, good thing we pretty much all have the viable playable options for the Ren & Stimpy Show anyway.

Except maybe the Yak.

amageish

Smash Master
Yeah, I'm sure Tom Kenny costs money, but probably not Tim Curry money lol.

And this game does seem designed for mainstream attention from the get-go, while Nick still sounds like they have been very supportive of Ludosity without, like, putting their money where their mouth is.

Mamboo07

Smash Hero
I was hoping these guys would be next! Ren & Stimpy look fun, but I gotta say they look... I dunno, janky? Some of their animations look kinda stiff (in particular, Keep It Together! looks a bit too slow and Look Out! doesn't look as "sproingy" as it feels it should be) and the placement of some of their hitboxes seems kind of unwieldy in my opinion. Regardless, they're still probable secondary material for me and I'm hoping they'll at least be fun in friendlies. And I love how their stage is basically just this game's version of Poke Floats.
(Also I can't BELIEVE they were willing to reference Adult Party Cartoon in any aspect of their moveset. Even if it's just their taunt, that takes some serious balls.)

HE'S IN!!!!!
"No sir, I don't like it."

CapitaineCrash

Smash Champion
I also made for fun a season pass of the game. I also predict that Rocko and Garfield will be the first two post launch characters (I think those are free but I'm not too sure, but I counted them as separate so they're not in the pass).

Nickelodeon fighter pass 1.jpg

So yeah I didn't go with really huge surprise picks or anything, it's mostly characters that people already talk a lot. Otis would start the pass as a big meme request, which will probably put a lot of hype on the pass and make people talk about dlc a lot. Jimmy and Timmy would follow, as both are also huge request. Angelica is also relatively popular, and I wanted a antagonist while also giving one more character to a franchise that only have one. Rocket power would end the pass, because it's a little bit more niche but I think it could be fun.

Honorable mentions would be Jenny Wakeman, because she's a big fan request too, and Miko Kubota because post launch content could be an opportunity to add character from very recent show. I could also see them adding more Spongebob, TMNT or Loud house characters, but I wanted to focus more on new franchises. Also Rocko and Garfield would be there if they're not the first 2 post launch characters.

Top Bottom