• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Nickelodeon All-Stars Brawl General Thread - All Star Brawl 2 Available Today!

TheBrainJem

Smash Hero
NNID
TheBrainJem
Since I brought up that poll, I guess it's worth bringing up Kappa Mikey is on #4 there, and although Nickelodeon and Viacom don't own the rights to Kappa Mikey just the airing rights, However, I heard from a friend who really wants Kappa Mikey and is a big fan of the show that the original creator, who does actually own the rights, apparently is fine with Nickelodeon using Kappa Mikey for the game, so I guess if things go smoothly with negotiations and the fan demand is still strong, we'll see the man himself debut in the game

:p

Last edited:

Ze Diglett

Smash Champion
Writing Team
NNID
ZeDiglett
I have to say the starting roster for this game is kind of weird, it reminds me of Melee in a way actually. I never thought we would have a Nick fighting game where April O'Neil and Powdered Toast Man are playable, and not Timmy Turner or Jimmy Neutron lol
It is what it is. I actually think it's pretty solid for a first time. At the very least, most of the obvious heavy hitters are here, just a few odd outliers that aren't (and will probably be added post-launch anyway). Besides, you can't help but respect a developer that's willing to put POWDERED TOAST MAN in the first entry of a Nickelodeon fighting game.

ivanlerma

Smash Champion
I Forgot One Game on my list(Not going to try Nicktoons Basketball and I don't know any songs from Fairly Oddparents: Break Da Rules that i want)

Jimmy Neutron Games
Jimmy Neutron Vs. Jimmy Negatron
Virtual Reality

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Yeah, seeing as not even the devs are too keen about including live-action characters any time soon, I'm fine with us not having any. Kid Danger as a loophole, but that's it.

Also, fighting around the campfire from Are You Afraid of the Dark? would be neat.

On a side note, if by some miracle we ever got a third Jimmy Neutron character, it would have to be...

Screenshot_2018-07-04_at_6.20.14_AM.png

Good to see my plan to meme Bessie into a popular character is slowly working
Hey, if it could work for Kitty, it can work for her, right? Gotta plant the seeds of support somehow. 🕵️‍♂️

Last edited:

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
I don't exactly get the support for Ultra Lord, Big Man, and Crimson Chin - they don't really have any unique powers (that wouldn't bump up the rating in Big Man's case). It would be fun to see Ludosity create new powers for them though
Yeah, though UL does have a shield, at least, so that's a start.

Besides, it's not like UL has never been in a crossover before, since he's been randomly included in Nicktoons MLB, of all things.

Phoenix Douchebag

Smash Lord
Uhhh, guys, looks like my local Gamestop broke the street date...
Look at your own risk.

Ahh, my Mugen days. Having Shredder beat the **** out of Dio Brando and had Don Ramon fight Ryu. Plus Dee Bee Kaw and Jesse fighting Onslaught, Peter Griffin all while Power Rangers music played.

Good times.

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
Ahh, my Mugen days. Having Shredder beat the **** out of Dio Brando and had Don Ramon fight Ryu. Plus Dee Bee Kaw and Jesse fighting Onslaught, Peter Griffin all while Power Rangers music played.

Good times.
I rigged my Mugen against Goku, so every single character could beat Goku in one hit.

ivanlerma

Smash Champion

Good times.
I had never played Mugen, i really wanted to play Mugen back then.

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
Youre having better luck than me. All that work and people STILL think the Angry Beavers are Ice Climber clones of each other.
Detailed, balanced and well thought out moveset concepts are cool but what really works is sporadically posting a gif and then fading back into the ether until Mighty B is mentioned again

Teeb147

Smash Legend
I just saw a turn around from strongs happen in the air!

I thought maybe the rock-paper-scissors mechanic was only for ground strong attacks, but I guess it does the same in the air :O
Not sure if that's a good thing. Definitely a mechanic that will take getting used to..

Last edited:

ivanlerma

Smash Champion
THEIR TAUNT IS AN ADULT PARTY CARTOON REFERENCE WHAT THE HELL
I Know, WHAT THE HECK!!!! It's From an Adult Series and They're using the original series for kids. It's Okay to use memes, but this? WHY!!!!?????

But i only remember it with Ren, is the Stimpy dance from Adult Party Too?

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
I Know, WHAT THE HECK!!!! It's From an Adult Series and They're using the original series for kids. It's Okay to use memes, but this? WHY!!!!?????

But i only remember it with Ren, is the Stimpy dance from Adult Party Too?
Eh, the dance itself isn't adult in nature (and is mostly known out of context as a YouTube video) so it's fine I feel. Cool to acknowledge obscure stuff anyway, regardless of quality.

Last edited:

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Hey, if Smash can get away with cleavage in a bunch of spirits and uncensored Krystal AT *****, then a dance seems downright harmless in comparison.

Also, they didn't even post the video on Twitter yet, that department is already going on their weekend off.

Anyway, I'll properly comment on the showcase sometime after I watch it.

Youre having better luck than me. All that work and people STILL think the Angry Beavers are Ice Climber clones of each other.
That kind of thing always happens, man. Things don't get believed until they happen (if they do), take it from me.

Hercassie2.jpg

amageish

Smash Master
Space Madness is definitely one of my fave music tracks we've seen thus far. It both fits the stage and the tone of a fighting game...

Their moveset looks good! Quite wacky, but good. Some of Ren's animations seem a tiny bit stiff, but, like, in a way that feels accurate to the original show? Idk. Hard to explain, but I'm impressed.

HARBlNGER

Smash Apprentice
THEIR TAUNT IS AN ADULT PARTY CARTOON REFERENCE WHAT THE HELL
It's been forever since I've watched Adult Party Cartoon so the reference flew over my head. I'm also out of the loop with whatever John K has done (probably better off not knowing, separating the art from the artist and all that). I think I'll check out Adult Party Cartoon before re-watching the classic cartoon first before NASB drops in a few weeks.

ivanlerma

Smash Champion
It's been forever since I've watched Adult Party Cartoon so the reference flew over my head. I'm also out of the loop with whatever John K has done (probably better off not knowing, separating the art from the artist and all that). I think I'll check out Adult Party Cartoon before re-watching the classic cartoon first before NASB drops in a few weeks.
Beware of what lies in Adult Party Cartoon.

Top Bottom