• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Nickelodeon All-Stars Brawl General Thread - All Star Brawl 2 Available Today!

CapitaineCrash

Smash Champion

hold ****
uh
read this article
now
Well at least they talked a bit about the voice actors and seems to be open to add them later.

The interview also said that they didn't have any issues adding characters they want, which contradict what we know about some characters.

I'm mostly neutral on dlc honestly. I'm glad the game is getting support, but at the same time I kind wanted to see an actual sequel with bigger budget and a story mode alongside other QoL improvements but wathever, I'll take dlc.

Faso115

Smash Lord
So I brought this up elsewhere the other day, but the render list leak with the smudged out characters...I noticed something kind of interesting.View attachment 330435
Pay attention to where the names are. They're above the squares the renders themselves are in. And then look how much space above the box the second blob covers, whereas the first blob seemingly stops at a normalish place.

What's interesting is that for the most part, the characters with names that long are the likes of Danny and Nigel...because they have first and last names. Well, and there's Ren and Stimpy but again, it's a literal instance of having two names.

So perhaps the second blob is a character known by their first and last name. I don't wanna get my hopes too high for Jimmy Neutron here, but...maybe it's something to consider.
Garfield Arbuckle of course /s

Fields - Ultimate's Great

Smash Journeyman
If I had to add all 4 Ninja Turtles, I would have them use a different incarnation.

Those being:
Leo - 80's
Mikey - 2012
Ralph - Rise
Donnie - 2003
I'm sorry like... really sorry but, if that's the case I am incredibly glad you aren't adding them. Because it'd look ugly to try and "Zelda-fy" the ninja turtles who are known for being a team and matching a style. It should primarily be a single era with the rest as really good alts or something.

Last edited:

Ze Diglett

Smash Champion
Writing Team
NNID
ZeDiglett

hold ****
uh
read this article
now
Well, hot dog, guess I was right about the game only having 20 characters at launch! Also we know for certain that the game's coming out on October 5th. And hey, they're definitely considering adding VO post-launch! Things are heating up!!

(Although I will say, assuming Garfield is one of the two post-launch-launch fighters, that would answer the burning question of "If Garfield's in the base roster, why's he not on the box??" Food for thought. )

amageish

Smash Master
Slap City modes are hype. I imagine that a Slapball mode could work very well with all strong attacks being designed to be reflects too...

October 5th being confirmed via interview instead of trailer is a surprise, but nice to have it confirmed!

20 characters at launch is a fine roster and I'm glad DLC has gotten the greenlight. Probably means everything remaining for the base is from Avatar.

Mamboo07

Smash Hero
I'm sorry like... really sorry but, if that's the case I am incredibly glad you aren't adding them. Because it look ugly to try and "Zelda-fy" the ninja turtles who are known for being a team and matching a style. It should primarily be a single era with the rest as really good alts or something.
I know that would suck.

Flyboy

Smash Hero
So happy the DLC was confirmed, as well as hearing they may pull a Battle For The Grid and be able to eventually update the game with voice acting! Two free post-launch characters is cool, too - my big guess is that they're Garfield (A character who was acquired by Nick too late for base but feels like a must-have) and a character who was a big fan request that they want to make happen (my guess is either Jenny Wakeman or Jimmy or Hugh Neutron).

It looks like QG's conspiracy theory was true, haha.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend

hold ****
uh
read this article
now

Well, what a week it's been for Brawl news, huh?

Also, the reason for adding Powdered Toast Man is beautiful in its simplicity.

He’s fun. Videogames are fun. It’s a great match.
Apart from that, this bit got my attention:

Did your team have any issues with Nickelodeon allowing certain characters for the game?

Not at all. There were a small number of characters that had global licensing issues, but apart from those, Nickelodeon has been up for all our suggestions. They have been very supportive and enthusiastic in our collaboration with them.
That's reassuring, and interesting considering how we thought Nick were acting about it prior to this statement.

The music is all new but, just like everything else, heavily referencing the source material.
Good, so they can just do their own remixes of classical music for the Ren & Stimpy stages.

So those blacked out two are gonna be DLC? Must be why the Toph leak featured menus with only 20 character/stage slots. Also, good to know there will be DLC.
I had a feeling that the Avatar characters were meant to be the final reveals for the base game. This just confirms it.

Last edited:

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Also, the CEO guy casually mentioned that voices may be a possibility later on.

Many of the characters announced so far have iconic voices attached to them. Are the characters included voiced by the original actors? If so, who’s on board?

Our focus was on creating the best possible gameplay experience for core brawling fans and Nickelodeon fans around the globe. It is not as straightforward to do as one might think, and as we continue to build the Nick All-Star Brawl franchise, we will be reviewing all options, which may include adding VO down the road.

MarioKartRenderOwner

Smash Cadet
Bit of a wacky theory, i don't have full confidence in this but something I thought about

so if we assume everything we saw today and the garfield leak are real, I'm considering this kind of theory

what if the game was originally only meant to have 20 characters and 2 more were added on later as additions for various reasons and they're barely gonna miss launch and be added a bit later, we already know a stage might potentially be missing launch already based on some dev comments

this in turn, could explain why despite being a major character you'd want on the box art, Garfield is seemingly not on the box, he was a character that was added later in development for any sort of reason, this is also why the stage and character roster that was leaked seem to cap out at 20 characters total

like say nick came in and said "we want to push Garfield as a staple of nick is there any chance you could add him" and then say the 2nd character is jenny or something who was added on late into development due to over whelming fan demand

again, I don't actually think this theory is super likely, i'll be SHOCKED if it is honestly, but something worth starting a discussion over at the least
never mind everyone i lied im ACTUALLY a super genius who can see the future

still thinkin one of those 2 is absolutely garfield, not so sure on the 2nd, jenny seems likely in terms of just over whelming fan demand but it could be shreddar or babies in reptar like some think

since future DLC is confirmed i'd be SHOCKED if Jenny isn't one of them via said overwhelming fan demand and any worries about this not being a popular thing or what not are probably not a worry anymore

Flyboy

Smash Hero
never mind everyone i lied im ACTUALLY a super genius who can see the future

still thinkin one of those 2 is absolutely garfield, not so sure on the 2nd, jenny seems likely in terms of just over whelming fan demand but it could be shreddar or babies in reptar like some think

since future DLC is confirmed i'd be SHOCKED if Jenny isn't one of them via said overwhelming fan demand and any worries about this not being a popular thing or what not are probably not a worry anymore
Oh it was your conspiracy theory! Yeah, you're actually a genius, great call!

I'm thinking Garfield too. Jenny or Jimmy are my guesses for the other character. As Opossum noticed on the render leak, the black extends on the character's name, hinting that they have a first and last name - Jenny Wakeman or Jimmy Neutron fit nicely.

CapitaineCrash

Smash Champion
With dlc I could see Jimmy, Timmy and Jenny being more easy to add. I hope they also add some fun dlc. Otis was a huge request and there's always Otis gif on the game's twitter comments, I hope they saw that and make him a dlc. Maybe they could add Nick Jr. characters as dlc like Dora (who was also heavily discussed thanks to leg girl).

Gorgonzales

Smash Ace
Have we talked about Helga's stage yet? Not sure if we briefly saw it in a gameplay video or not, but it looks to be the city-looking one in the leak image.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Oh it was your conspiracy theory! Yeah, you're actually a genius, great call!

I'm thinking Garfield too. Jenny or Jimmy are my guesses for the other character. As Opossum noticed on the render leak, the black extends on the character's name, hinting that they have a first and last name - Jenny Wakeman or Jimmy Neutron fit nicely.
Yeah, I was thinking that Jenny could be the bottom one, since she could assume a flying pose anyways.

Have we talked about Helga's stage yet? Not sure if we briefly saw it in a gameplay video or not, but it looks to be the city-looking one in the leak image.
It's the bus from the show. As in, you fight on the bus itself.

Last edited:

dlewis53

Smash Lord

hold ****
uh
read this article
now
Well, this was certainly an informative interview!

First and foremost, we got direct confirmation that October 5th is indeed when the game launches!

Second, there's gonna be 20 characters at launch with an additional 2 releasing sometime afterwards (presumably via a free patch), and with Stage Theory, the only ones missing are the three Avatar characters, and I'm calling it now: they're gonna be revealed during the potential September Nintendo Direct.

Third, they did acknowledge the demand for voice lines in the game, and while I wouldn't say it's a lock, they are at least considering it in the future. Also, they confirmed that the lack of voices was indeed because they put their limited budget more towards the gameplay and visuals. And as I said before, I personally think they made the right call.

And finally, we got confirmation that DLC is in the works! Although, while my initial reaction to this was of course "Hell YES!", I remembered that a lot of what was included in Kart Racers 2 was originally meant to be DLC for Kart Racers 1, but ended up not happening like that due to low performance. So I'm keeping my fingers crossed that the game does well enough for the devs to be able to stick to this!

Also, one random thing I enjoyed was them mentioning that Powdered Toast Man's inclusion came down to him being a fun whacky character and a perfect fit for a fun whacky game like All-Star Brawl. And as someone who enjoys seeing whacky off-the-wall characters both here and in Smash, I approve of this mindset!

Overall, this was a pretty good interview!

Last edited:

DrifloonEmpire

Smash Champion
direct contrast with Nintendo
Makes Smash single player more and more lacking in comparison to the focus on multiplayer. No, World of Light isn't substantial single player.
All focus on the characters and the fights, scrapping of "casual" elements from Brawl while making the remaining bit of casual is volatile to the point of not even being fun
Omega and Final Destination forms
Two of their most recent IP's are extremely competitive and multiplayer focused, one of which is an eSport and another attempted to be one. Growing focus on Mario Kart and Smash tournaments as well

Bull****, you've got more than your competitive fill from Nintendo.

Meanwhile, I find it hilarious that Nick wanted to get in on the eSports craze, though I'm disappointed that there really isn't much for casuals.
At this point I'm even expecting the AIs to wavedash.

So I'm keeping my fingers crossed that the game does well enough for the devs to be able to stick to this!
I'm sure it will! The game is very popular right now, they're basically guaranteed some great launch sales!

Last edited:

Ze Diglett

Smash Champion
Writing Team
NNID
ZeDiglett
Regarding the Toph leak, something I saw on twitter

Slim chance but it's always possible
When will people learn that there is no apparent organization to that image other than characters being lumped together with others from the same series? Reptar's between TMNT and Ren & Stimpy despite seemingly only having one Rugrats rep, Loud House is several characters behind Ren & Stimpy despite also having two characters, the solo characters seemingly have no rhyme or reason to their placement whatsoever... GAH!
My admittedly biased gut is saying Jimmy on this one. In official depictions of the character, they never refer to the character as just "Jimmy", he's JIMMY NEUTRON, even the show's called that. I'm admittedly not as familiar with MLAATR, but I don't think Jenny's such a case where the character's ALWAYS referred to with their last name, in and out of the show. It's not out of the question, I guess, but I wouldn't bank on it.

dlewis53

Smash Lord
It's the bus from the show. As in, you fight on the bus itself.
Actually, I'm thinking it might more you fight on the street and the Bus is a platform/potential hazard that you can fight on top of.

I say this because near the end of April's reveal trailer, you can see her running on the street and jumping/climbing on top of the bus.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Let's be honest here, everyone already knew about the October 5th release date even before the interview happened.

the-emperors-new-clothes-001_1.jpg

Well, this was certainly an informative interview!

First and foremost, we got direct confirmation that October 5th is indeed when the game launches!

Second, there's gonna be 20 characters at launch with an additional 2 releasing sometime afterwards (presumably via a free patch), and with Stage Theory, the only ones missing are the three Avatar characters, and I'm calling it now: they're gonna be revealed during the potential September Nintendo Direct.

Third, they did acknowledge the demand for voice lines in the game, and while I wouldn't say it's a lock, they are at least considering it in the future.

And finally, we got confirmation that DLC is in the works! Although, while my initial reaction to this was of course "Hell YES!", I remembered that a lot of what was included in Kart Racers 2 was originally meant to be DLC for Kart Racers 1, but ended up not happening like that due to low performance. So I'm keeping my fingers crossed that the game does well enough for the devs to be able to stick to this!

Also, one random thing I enjoyed was them mentioning that Powdered Toast Man's inclusion came down to him being a fun whacky character and a perfect fit for a fun whacky game like All-Star Brawl. And as someone who enjoys seeing whacky off-the-wall characters both here and in Smash, I approve of this mindset!

Overall, this was a pretty good interview!
Seeing as people have way more trust in Ludosity than some no-name developer, I don't think we'll need to worry about DLC, especially seeing as we may see the reveal as soon as the two-post launch characters come.

Also, I'm also calling the Avatar announcement in a Direct. I found it weird how we got nothing at all this week, so it must have been the devs telling Nintendo to push it back until they're ready.

Last edited:

Teeb147

Smash Legend
I was thinking, we also know it's not Shredder that's for technodrome now, because the stage selection screen had the technodrome for the turtles already in.

Last edited:

dlewis53

Smash Lord
Seeing as people have way more trust in Ludosity than some no-name developer that was responsible for the Garfield racer, I don't think we'll need to worry about DLC, especially seeing as we may see the reveal as soon as the two-post launch characters come.
...What Garfield racer? I was referring to the first Nickelodeon Kart Racers that Gamemill published.

Powdered Toast Man and Reptar's taunts

I figured as much, and I love both of these!

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
...What Garfield racer? I was referring to the first Nickelodeon Kart Racers that Gamemill published.
Never mind, a search I for NKR did put Garfield's in for some reason.

Anywho, the developers still weren't so hot in their resume: https://gamefaqs.gamespot.com/company/92725-bamtang

I was thinking, we also know it's not Shredder that's for technodrome now, because the stage selection screen had the technodrome for the turtles already in.
I'm thinking he can always come with Dimension X for DLC.

Powdered Toast Man and Reptar's taunts

Neat, but where was that posted?

Last edited:

Gorgonzales

Smash Ace
Neat, but where was that posted?
NASB's wiki page, which I found through their discord: https://srk.shib.live/w/Nickelodeon_All-Star_Brawl

Most of the pages are incomplete but there's a lot of hysterical blurbs thrown here and there. (The stuff that's blacked out is just standard info, I wanted the focus to be on the funny stuff. Sorry if this is a bit spammy but I found most of these genuinely hilarious, ESPECIALLY the last one)
1.png
4.png

5.png
6.png
7.png
8.png
3.png
2.png

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
NASB's wiki page, which I found through their discord: https://srk.shib.live/w/Nickelodeon_All-Star_Brawl

Most of the pages are incomplete but there's a lot of hysterical blurbs thrown here and there. (The stuff that's blacked out is just standard info, I wanted the focus to be on the funny stuff. Sorry if this is a bit spammy but I found most of these genuinely hilarious, ESPECIALLY the last one)
View attachment 330448View attachment 330449
View attachment 330450View attachment 330451View attachment 330452View attachment 330453View attachment 330454View attachment 330455
I'm glad to see it uses the proper April render, too.

Teeb147

Smash Legend

Fields - Ultimate's Great

Smash Journeyman
Makes Smash single player more and more lacking in comparison to the focus on multiplayer. No, World of Light isn't substantial single player.
All focus on the characters and the fights, scrapping of "casual" elements from Brawl while making the remaining bit of casual is volatile to the point of not even being fun
Omega and Final Destination forms
Two of their most recent IP's are extremely competitive and multiplayer focused, one of which is an eSport and another attempted to be one. Growing focus on Mario Kart and Smash tournaments as well

Bull****, you've got more than your competitive fill from Nintendo.

Meanwhile, I find it hilarious that Nick wanted to get in on the eSports craze, though I'm disappointed that there really isn't much for casuals.
At this point I'm even expecting the AIs to wavedash.

I'm sure it will! The game is very popular right now, they're basically guaranteed some great launch sales!
Multiplayer =/= competitive play. Seems to lean more toward casual multiplayer game which is Smash's biggest strength. Even the commercials lean into "casual multiplayer smashing!". What you're claiming is just plain wrong. Items like Assists and other wacky non-balanced for competitive things had intense developmental focus.

Nintendo actively shuts down tournaments, shuts down any sponsors that would've helped out the struggling competitive scene, garbage online, barely any patches with over half of them being incredibly unimportant for competitive smash and its current balancing. The IPs you mentioned are irrelevant to my point as I'm partially talking about Smash. The game that Nintendo just can't balance well for both audiences.

Like hell I got my competitive fill, maybe if Nintendo bothered to have a less garbage buffer system then maybe. But Ultimate is at its best as a casual game, I had far more fun messing around with the crazy items than trying to navigate through the game's limitations in movement and controls. Nintendo heavily leans into that and barely gives competitive players anything. That is the objective truth, Nintendo does a poor job at supporting competitive scenes, they have to do it on their own with Nintendo hindering them (specifically Smash as that's what I pay attention to) every step of the way.

Nintendo is never on board with anything e-sports. If we're lucky they tolerate it

Last edited:

FreeFox

Smash Lord
I missed the big bomb Wow! So much information to take. We still are getting the 22 even if its kinda later than expected. Good to know that the game is already confirmed to be getting DLC. Also, I like that they arent making us pay extra for the content that couldnt make it in time. Its really appreciated.

Top Bottom