• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Nickelodeon All-Stars Brawl General Thread - All Star Brawl 2 Available Today!

LimeTH

Smash Lord
So it seems that on top of all this, the discord server is going to be in 'read only' for a few days because of a situation with a mod that was removed.

Doesn't mean they might not share info about the game in the server, but looks like lots gotta cool down for now.
If the sharing slows down or even stops, we shouldn't automatically assume it's because of this. Like they said in the initial post, it's currently Go Time over at Ludosity to get the game as ready for launch as it can be. They don't have time to be answering questions about leaks.

As for the Pokemon Stadium-alike, I'm betting it's gonna be like a day one patch they work on while the game is being printed and shipped to stores.

Teeb147

Smash Legend
LimeTH LimeTH They totally should just spend all the time they can to finalizing things.
I guess might be too late now for the physical copies to have the stage, I guess we'll see, it's not the end of the world if it needs to be patched but would be nice to have everything on day 1.

CapitaineCrash

Smash Champion
Actually, you may be onto something. While, I trust that our developers chose the characters, I wonder if Nickelodeon might also be pushing for certain IPs to get represented. A few pages behind, someone posted how Ren & Stimpy were getting a revival. Rugrats has a reboot. Spongebob and Loud House have ongoing series (and a recent movie for the Loud House). Someone also mentioned RoTMNT having a film in the making. Hey Arnold and Invader Zom both got movies. I wouldnt be surprised if they ended up pushing forth certain series down the line during development.
I don't think that Nick really pushed for most of these shows, it's just that those were always popular and it's a coincidence that some got a revival recently. I mean Spongebob and TMNT will always 100% be on those Nick crossover. Invader Zim and Ren & Stimpy always had a huge cult following way before the movie or the revival. Hey Arnold and Rugrats are also pretty much always in the Nick crossover games even when they were not very relevant.

The only one that I could see Nick needing to push is Loud house. Considering that the dev said that they have a huge 90's biais, they most likely never watched Loud house and it's possible that Nick asked them to represent this most modern shows.

GilTheGreat19

Smash Master
Feet be damned, list the last two characters you want it to be, not who you think it'll be.

Everyone knows I already want Daggett, but if I had to pick one more, I'd go with Rocko. Those two would make it feel complete to me.
Id go with Garfield and Rocko
Though a VERY CLOSE honorable mention for me goes to Sanjay and Craig because I actually liked that show

Mamboo07

Smash Hero
Feet be damned, list the last two characters you want it to be, not who you think it'll be.

Everyone knows I already want Daggett, but if I had to pick one more, I'd go with Rocko. Those two would make it feel complete to me.
Garfield and Rocko, enough said.

cashregister9

Smash Hero
This leak talk is exhausting, nothing is real until it is official revealed

Jenny and Garfield

FreeFox

Smash Lord
I don't think that Nick really pushed for most of these shows, it's just that those were always popular and it's a coincidence that some got a revival recently. I mean Spongebob and TMNT will always 100% be on those Nick crossover. Invader Zim and Ren & Stimpy always had a huge cult following way before the movie or the revival. Hey Arnold and Rugrats are also pretty much always in the Nick crossover games even when they were not very relevant.

The only one that I could see Nick needing to push is Loud house. Considering that the dev said that they have a huge 90's biais, they most likely never watched Loud house and it's possible that Nick asked them to represent this most modern shows.
Its always possible that both parties liked the idea. Though I suppose I sounded a bit pushy. :shiro:

Mhh.... if I had to pick from my favorite choices and just choose two. Rocko and Garfield would remain at the very top.

amageish

Smash Master
If the sharing slows down or even stops, we shouldn't automatically assume it's because of this. Like they said in the initial post, it's currently Go Time over at Ludosity to get the game as ready for launch as it can be. They don't have time to be answering questions about leaks.

As for the Pokemon Stadium-alike, I'm betting it's gonna be like a day one patch they work on while the game is being printed and shipped to stores.
Very good point. I have been enjoying the behind-the-curtains looks, but they are probably quite busy and responding to fan conversations/questions is a lot of extra work that the staff at Ludosity may not be able to realistically take on. Hopefully everyone there has a healthy work-life balance...

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend

Timmy Turner and El Tigre

ivanlerma

Smash Champion
Otis and Team Timbers are my most wanted for representation and noticement(I do like the latter though). in spite of the fact of how unlikely they are.

Ze Diglett

Smash Champion
Writing Team
NNID
ZeDiglett
Honestly, the main reason I think this new leak elicited a stronger response from the devs than the Garfield leak is because this leak in general seems a lot more damning than the Garfield leak, supposing both are real. With that one, it only showed a handful of characters that hadn't been officially revealed yet (and even then, all of them bar the Garf were already known quantities by that point). Here, we've got possibly the whole launch roster and stage lineup, plus a straight-up screenshot of the developers' toolkit. If I were a game dev and I saw a leak like that come out about my game and it was REAL, I, too, would find it a lot more alarming than a bunch of T-posing character models, especially if I were being contracted by some higher company.
How would Toph even work in the air as well her recovery? She's good on ground but pretty bad in air like Lil Mac from Smash.
My first thought is that she'd use her earthbending powers to create a platform a la Kragg in Rivals of Aether. That said, if this game has a Kragg, I might just drop it. 🤢
Days like this are why I wish leaks weren't a thing in the first place. It's exhausting.
I dunno what you're talking about, I'm having fun.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
But really though, they didn't even flinch to the box art getting leaked, but are up at arms when nearly everything is leaked but two characters? Something is rotten in Denmark, and we'll have to wait under three weeks to see what it is. Would be nice to have a Direct confirmed soon so that the Avatar stuff can be freely talked about, at least...

About who I'd want the last two launch characters to be, Jenny and Luna.

Last edited:

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
Does anyone know if there's any prescedent of Nick/Viacom's handling of leaks? All I really care about now is the game's future in general, not what it entails.

At the very least though, they hired back Butch after all his BS so hopefully some internal drama that you really have to look for to see won't stop Ludosity, Fair Play, or Gamemill from working with Viacom again

OrpheusTelos

Smash Lord

I really want Garfield and Jimmy Neutron as the last two. Garfield would just be really funny to see in a fighting game and Jimbo is a huge childhood favorite of mine (also jim jam being in the base game makes it easier for my man Hugh to get in if we get DLC so I’m really hoping for both). I would also gladly take Rocko if any of those two were off the table.

Also assuming the leaks are real, I’m popping off hard for Toph. She’s easily my favorite Avatar character and would’ve been my first choice for any non-Avatar Avatar rep. Sucks that something like that might’ve gotten leaked in the first place, but Toph is based so even if this turns out to be true I’m not gonna be any less hyped.

Teeb147

Smash Legend
Honestly, the main reason I think this new leak elicited a stronger response from the devs than the Garfield leak is because this leak in general seems a lot more damning than the Garfield leak, supposing both are real. With that one, it only showed a handful of characters that hadn't been officially revealed yet (and even then, all of them bar the Garf were already known quantities by that point). Here, we've got possibly the whole launch roster and stage lineup, plus a straight-up screenshot of the developers' toolkit. If I were a game dev and I saw a leak like that come out about my game and it was REAL, I, too, would find it a lot more alarming than a bunch of T-posing character models, especially if I were being contracted by some higher company.

My first thought is that she'd use her earthbending powers to create a platform a la Kragg in Rivals of Aether. That said, if this game has a Kragg, I might just drop it. 🤢

I dunno what you're talking about, I'm having fun.
What's wrong with kragg? Throwing and punching those rocks was fun :D.
An earth platform would make sense, though really I think it's easy to be creative, they're really letting themselves have a lot of flexibility :p I mean Nigel does some weird fish dive up lol.

Faso115

Smash Lord
I wonder where this leaks come from anyway because this game has been cursed with them from the start.

Guess that's why Sakurai and co are so secretive about their stuff cause then you have this nonsense (and even then nintendo still had its slip ups like with Terry and Castlevania)

Cracke

Smash Journeyman

I really really want Blue from Blues clues. It honestly fits a niche that has not been filled by NASB and that is a NickJr rep. If Blue doesn´t get in for a NickJr rep it´ll probably be someone from Paw Patrol, which is their biggest preschool show as of right now to my knowledge.

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
it´ll probably be someone from Paw Patrol, which is their biggest preschool show as of right now to my knowledge.
It is Nick Jr's biggest show, but it's not actually owned by Nick. Furthermore I don't even expect "Nick Jr. rep" to even be a thing Nick or Ludosity is considering anyway, as Nick Jr. targets a toddler demographic, which is younger than E10+ and similar ratings NASB has gotten and should've been expected by Nick anyway. Live-Action Dora was only considered because the movie's content ratings were closer to E10+ than your typical Nick Jr. fare.

Last edited:

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
I personally believe Garfield Leak is real but Toph Leak isn't - however, they could coexist. If Toph Leak is real, I believe the "feet" to be the Reptar Wagon's wheels - I'm not sure if this would be Tommy alone, a Bowser Jr situation, or all the Rugrats in a single Reptar Wagon.

Teeb147

Smash Legend
I personally believe Garfield Leak is real but Toph Leak isn't - however, they could coexist. If Toph Leak is real, I believe the "feet" to be the Reptar Wagon's wheels - I'm not sure if this would be Tommy alone, a Bowser Jr situation, or all the Rugrats in a single Reptar Wagon.
That's a hot take XD.

I think the toph leak is real just because of the blank stages and that obscure rugrats stage that no one would've thought of.
Not to say it can't be fake :p but i think likely is real.
The garfield one.. still 50/50 on it.

I don't really like leaks tbh, I think I prefer smaller clues that people can pick up and speculate about. But not going to ignore them for speculation too i guess..

ivanlerma

Smash Champion
I don't think that's the Reptar Wagoon with the Rugrats Babies in it, the legs are to spread out and the colors if i remember correctly are light gray whereas the wheels for the reptar wagoon are either dark grey or slightly rusted, it could be someone else different since the feet actually look like the front tip of a foot.
as for why it's gray, their model could be an unfinished model that's in development.

Last edited:

CapitaineCrash

Smash Champion
So people are predicting the final two spots, honestly at this point I'm not too sure, but here's a list of characters that I think could happen:
Characters I'm more confident:
-Shredder: I think he could be the grey feet, and the dev obviously have a big biais for TMNT
-Rocko: He's the only franchise from the Kart racing games still not represented (with Jojo and Bobo showshow but nobody care about that). He feels like a natural fit.
-Otto rocket: Another 90's show that the dev could get. If they could get Aah real monsters, I'm sure they could get Rocket power.

Characters that could happen but I'm less confident:
-Bloom: Winx club is huge (and people seems to forget that Viacom owns it), but the dev obviously have a huge biais for show they watched and I doubt they're really Winx club fans. Could happen if Nick really pushed for it.
-A joke character: I don't really have any specific idea, but I have a feeling that there's a possibility that Powdered toast man wasn't the only joke characters (since he was announced very early), and they could keep another one for the finale.

I don't think we'll get Garfield or Jimmy/Timmy because those would have been obviously on the cover considering how huge they are. I also don't buy the Reptar wagon thing because that sounds like it would extremely hard to do a moveset with and it would just limits even more the babies movement.

Quick Gaming (QG)

Smash Lord
1631716718868.png

Maybe this is tinfoil hat-ish but I'm really intrigued by how the characters are listed here.
First is Spongebob characters, then Avatar characters, and then TMNT characters. All of which are popular and very much alive series' for Nick
Next listed that we can make out is Rugrats and Ren & Stimpy, which are Nick's current/upcoming reboots.
But then, instead of Loud House, we have Oblina, Zim and Danny Phantom. I can't say they all fit a certain niche like the other groups, but I think I could argue that they fit the "great fighting game character choices" group

But then next is Loud House. Why?
Well I have a theory

I think that Danny may have initially been the last approved character. Here's why:

- The only characters featured in boxart or promo art are characters listed Danny or earlier with two exceptions: Lincoln and CatDog

- Lincoln has infamously been picked on for his placement of being in front of Aang, making him look tiny. Is it possible it's because he was a later addition to the boxart?

- How CatDog is implemented on the boxart has also been discussed, as the Cat and Dog halves are apparently not the same image, but rather two parts put together. It's nothing major but it's still of note

• We already know that Lucy and Nigel took months of pushing from Ludo to get in, so if this theory is true it would explain why they're listed later here.
  • With the exception of CatDog, every character listed after Danny is a typical human with no true powers or abilities (that we know of anyways looks at Lucy)

- Anyone else find it weird that some listings of the game (including the website) end up leaving out the Hey Arnold series' copyright info. What if Helga being so late in this list is why?

- So my best guess (if this is somehow true) is that Nick may not have been keen on typical human characters being playable initially, but eventually budged. Granted it wouldn't have taken long for them to budge it seems, since 4 out of 5 of the later listed characters were in the initial reveal trailer, which is apparently an older build. But Ludosity did say what Nick approved was boring and predictable, maybe barring PTM everyone listed Danny and before is what they approved? Or something similar?

- Of course that leaves CatDog as the odd ball, but I think the easiest explanation for that is simply that they were probably the most complicated to implement. Perhaps this game was already delayed internally, hence why they may not be budging on the October 5 release date to account for Frozen Pokemon Stadium

- You could argue April puts a dent in this, but she's also the only human with no powers in the game that has been a fighter before (not in games mind you, like in TMNT). Helga also fits here, but again the strange implementation of Hey Arnold's copyright info in some listings and not others could imply that she was added later on due to negotiations taking longer

So what would this actually mean?

Well, it could rule out the top blacked out character being Tommy, since he doesn't have any powers either (again, that we're aware of). So I really only see two other possibilities for who the top square could be: Shredder, as plenty of others have proposed (I don't really believe this one as having 4 TMNT reps and then not making them the actual TMNT just seems too bizarre, even for Ludosity) or a single rep from a more relevant/upcoming series for Nick (following the trend of how the characters listed before it go, as Spongebob, Avatar and TMNT are all relevant, but they're also listed in order of premiere on Nick). So looking at the list of Nicktoons properties the only truly viable options for who this is are a Glitch Techs rep or Garfield (as anyone else is either not nearly popular enough or generally liked enough). Knowing Ludosity and Nick and taking into account a certain other leak, I'm more inclined to believe it's Garfield

So what about the bottom square? Well this one is a bit more interesting. It's safe to assume it's from a new IP, since despite certain series' being listed strangely, they still keep the characters grouped up by series. Another thing of note is that Helga is listed before, which is a series that has extra copyright info listed. My best guess is that this last character could also be someone that would have extra copyright info, but required more negotiating than Helga. There's a couple of characters I can think of, but the two that stick out the most to me as possibilities is Jimmy Neutron and Jenny Wakeman. Both would likely take a little more negotiating than Hey Arnold would while both being popular picks with good moveset potential. As for which of those two? Your guess is as good as mine

warning: long post

TeenGirlSquad

Smash Master
View attachment 330372
Maybe this is tinfoil hat-ish but I'm really intrigued by how the characters are listed here.
First is Spongebob characters, then Avatar characters, and then TMNT characters. All of which are popular and very much alive series' for Nick
Next listed that we can make out is Rugrats and Ren & Stimpy, which are Nick's current/upcoming reboots.
But then, instead of Loud House, we have Oblina, Zim and Danny Phantom. I can't say they all fit a certain niche like the other groups, but I think I could argue that they fit the "great fighting game character choices" group

But then next is Loud House. Why?
Well I have a theory

I think that Danny may have initially been the last approved character. Here's why:

- The only characters featured in boxart or promo art are characters listed Danny or earlier with two exceptions: Lincoln and CatDog

- Lincoln has infamously been picked on for his placement of being in front of Aang, making him look tiny. Is it possible it's because he was a later addition to the boxart?

- How CatDog is implemented on the boxart has also been discussed, as the Cat and Dog halves are apparently not the same image, but rather two parts put together. It's nothing major but it's still of note

• We already know that Lucy and Nigel took months of pushing from Ludo to get in, so if this theory is true it would explain why they're listed later here.
  • With the exception of CatDog, every character listed after Danny is a typical human with no true powers or abilities (that we know of anyways looks at Lucy)

- Anyone else find it weird that some listings of the game (including the website) end up leaving out the Hey Arnold series' copyright info. What if Helga being so late in this list is why?

- So my best guess (if this is somehow true) is that Nick may not have been keen on typical human characters being playable initially, but eventually budged. Granted it wouldn't have taken long for them to budge it seems, since 4 out of 5 of the later listed characters were in the initial reveal trailer, which is apparently an older build. But Ludosity did say what Nick approved was boring and predictable, maybe barring PTM everyone listed Danny and before is what they approved? Or something similar?

- Of course that leaves CatDog as the odd ball, but I think the easiest explanation for that is simply that they were probably the most complicated to implement. Perhaps this game was already delayed internally, hence why they may not be budging on the October 5 release date to account for Frozen Pokemon Stadium

- You could argue April puts a dent in this, but she's also the only human with no powers in the game that has been a fighter before (not in games mind you, like in TMNT). Helga also fits here, but again the strange implementation of Hey Arnold's copyright info in some listings and not others could imply that she was added later on due to negotiations taking longer

So what would this actually mean?

Well, it could rule out the top blacked out character being Tommy, since he doesn't have any powers either (again, that we're aware of). So I really only see two other possibilities for who the top square could be: Shredder, as plenty of others have proposed (I don't really believe this one as having 4 TMNT reps and then not making them the actual TMNT just seems too bizarre, even for Ludosity) or a single rep from a more relevant/upcoming series for Nick (following the trend of how the characters listed before it go, as Spongebob, Avatar and TMNT are all relevant, but they're also listed in order of premiere on Nick). So looking at the list of Nicktoons properties the only truly viable options for who this is are a Glitch Techs rep or Garfield (as anyone else is either not nearly popular enough or generally liked enough). Knowing Ludosity and Nick and taking into account a certain other leak, I'm more inclined to believe it's Garfield

So what about the bottom square? Well this one is a bit more interesting. It's safe to assume it's from a new IP, since despite certain series' being listed strangely, they still keep the characters grouped up by series. Another thing of note is that Helga is listed before, which is a series that has extra copyright info listed. My best guess is that this last character could also be someone that would have extra copyright info, but required more negotiating than Helga. There's a couple of characters I can think of, but the two that stick out the most to me as possibilities is Jimmy Neutron and Jenny Wakeman. Both would likely take a little more negotiating than Hey Arnold would while both being popular picks with good moveset potential. As for which of those two? Your guess is as good as mine

warning: long post
Everything you say makes sense. I would love Jimmy because then at least we would have two of the big three from the early 2000s instead of just SpongeBob, and I would love Jenny even more. But I'm honestly expecting that Helga being listed before and having extra copyright info, doesn't really imply that the last character will also have extra copyright info, it could easily just be Rocko.

I'm still curious about the character between TMNT and Rugrats, it's probably just Shredder (or a different TMNT character?) but it's still kind of weird. I know everyone says they're "metallic gray" but I almost think they could just be off-color white sneakers or smth? But probably not, because the stance is wider than everyone else with "normal" shoes/feet, it's actually wider than you would expect Shredder to be rendered, assuming he's similar to the other humanoid characters like April. Is there any way it's a very large, or even another duo character?

Top Bottom