• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Nickelodeon All-Stars Brawl General Thread - All Star Brawl 2 Available Today!

RileyXY1

Smash Hero
This makes 0 sense to me for several reasons:
1) The leak had a bunch of stages, including Ren and Stimpy's stage was just revealed this morning, correct. It is possible that they could fake models for every stage, but also doing one in such a short timespan?
2) The leak had updated renders for Leo and Danny. How did they obtain and/or recreate these renders?
3) If there were 2 more models made, then why not just show those instead of Toph? And if there was no models underneath the black smudges, then what was this leak about prior to this morning? If the intention was to fake a leak, Toph was the only unrevealed character on the leak. Why go through all this effort to fake a leak that doesn't contain any unrevealed characters? Doing fake stages and a fake Korra/Aang render sounds like a bit of a waste of time to me.
People can put a lot of dedication to fake leaks, as shown by the infamous Grinch Leak.

GilTheGreat19

Smash Master
This new leak might really be real
The only thing that's bugging me is how in one of them, the one where you see Aang Korra and Toph in their character squares in the select screen, Top is zoomed out a bit. Sticks out to me a bit too much if you ask me.

TCT~Phantom

Smash Master
Writing Team
NNID
TCT~Phantom
People can put a lot of dedication to fake leaks, as shown by the infamous Grinch Leak.
So they airbrushed Toph in the span of two and a half hours while still doing the space madness part of the leak right? And the devs reacted so strongly to this leak, it just adds more fuel to the fire.

LimeTH

Smash Lord
So what I'm wondering is with Teeter Totter Gulch being the Rugrats stage (phenomenal choice by the way, I always thought that place looked so cool when I watched as a kid) is how is it going to be scaled. Is it going to be full size buildings or will the buildings be baby scaled and small compared to the fighters?

amageish

Smash Master
But the Grinch Leak had actual information in it! If you're going to prank someone, you fake a leak with characters in it.

Taking this statement from the alleged leaker at their word, then the plan prior to this morning was to fake a stage list and a bunch of confirmed characters. Why would you do that? If you're going to fake something, fake something with actual new information in it?

Teeb147

Smash Legend
Well I have trouble believing they could somehow get the the stage selection images like that, so the leak has quite a bit going for it.
That said the toph picture did seem out of place a little. I don't know. It doesn't really matter that much though, we're going to find out the characters within 2 weeks lol.

Thursday most likely if they keep the pattern.

With 20 out of the 22 revealed, has everyone decided which characters they are maining?
Mine so far are:
  • Reptar: Love the design and personality he exudes. Insta main.
  • Catdog: Cool stance mechanic. They did the character great justice in the moveset.
  • Ren and Stimpy: I love duo characters and finally one of the characters I wanted dropped as a duo. Not going to miss the chance
  • Danny Phantom: I like the series. I like the character.
Korra main probably. A fan of Avatar and her.
April secondary maybe. And lots could be pockets. I just gotta try em all and see :p

TheBrainJem

Smash Hero
NNID
TheBrainJem
There was something I noticed regarding the Garfield leak and the Ren and Stimpy trailer that I wanted to bring up, but remember how there are two images part of the leak, and the Ren and Stimpy models are completely different in both images?

3hzqd74pp5k71~2.png

I think after comparing the in game models to the leak and how they matched up with the first image, I think if the Garfield leak is real, that second set of models are specifically for the reveal trailers

Teeb147

Smash Legend
There was something I noticed regarding the Garfield leak and the Ren and Stimpy trailer that I wanted to bring up, but remember how there are two images part of the leak, and the Ren and Stimpy models are completely different in both images?

View attachment 330312

I think after comparing the in game models to the leak and how they matched up with the first image, I think if the Garfield leak is real, that second set of models are specifically for the reveal trailers
What second set of images are you talking about? I'm a little lost.

GilTheGreat19

Smash Master
I think we're forgetting that the number of stages doesn't have to equal the number of fighters.
For example, we could get a 3rd Avatar stage but it's just Aang and Korra

Also, IIRC the Garfield leak didn't show us a Toph model which is interesting.
And assuming this new leak is legit, we have 2 unrevealed fighters left, and I can't see an already repped series (that we currently know of) get more fighters. It could happen, but I personally would prefer newer shows.

Finally, about that mysterious "foot"
It look very grey to me, so non-80s Shredder is definitely an option.
Here's another option for y'all

Look at Plankton's mech's feet.
Game is Nickelodeon Super Brawl 3

Last edited:

TheBrainJem

Smash Hero
NNID
TheBrainJem
I would prefer if we got another Series represented rather than another TMNT character tbh

I think the other turtles should get into the game as dlc for sure, but I think for base roster I would hope for more Series to be represented now rather than later

Last edited:

Teeb147

Smash Legend
I think we're forgetting that the number of stages doesn't have to equal the number of fighters.

And assuming this new leak is legit, we have 2 unrevealed fighters left, and I can't see an already repped series (that we currently know of) get more fighters. It could happen, but I personally would prefer newer shows.
It didn't show Korra either. If it was real it was most likely from an older design time.

TheBrainJem

Smash Hero
NNID
TheBrainJem
What second set of images are you talking about? I'm a little lost.
The Garfield leak came with 2 images,
This first one which is seen as the main one and appears to feature in-game models
v6axseulp5k71.png

And this second one, that seems to be for trailer/render models from what I could compare
3hzqd74pp5k71.png

Last edited:

Fields - Ultimate's Great

Smash Journeyman

Finally, about that mysterious "foot"
It look very grey to me, so non-80s Shredder is definitely an option.
Here's another option for y'all

Look at Plankton's mech's feet.
Game is Nickelodeon Super Brawl 3
But with how biased the devs are to the 80s... No way are they not adding a Shredder that isn't from the show. They already committed to Leo, Mikey, AND April being from the 80s.

I'd like a Mikey/Leo/April/Shredder scenario more TBH. The characters are more visually distinct and the lineup includes a villain
I don't, if you're going to edge out Spongebob anyway just add the 4 that people like the most. Raph and Donnie are and always will be glaring omissions. I can get over it if they just stuck to 3 and decided to leave out the other 2. But 4 characters, more than Nick's main franchise, and it's just randomly Shredder and April.

No thanks.

Last edited:

Fields - Ultimate's Great

Smash Journeyman
Then I don't think we may get Shredder.
Recall that that mysterious foot/shoe is grey, and 80s Shredder has black shoes.
Fine by me! I'm gonna have a hard time coping that they gave TMNT 4 characters and just left out Raph and Donnie. Even when they had decades worth of content to take from and had the potential for a cool moveset. Leo and especially Mikey have some of the most varied movesets in TMNT history from what I'm seeing. If Raph and Donnie got in, it'd be amazing seeing them get a refreshing moveset.

Teeb147

Smash Legend
This first one which is seen as the main one and appears to feature in-game models
View attachment 330313

And this second one, that seems to be for trailer/render models from what I could compare
View attachment 330314
Thanks, I forgot about that.

That's actually really weird, because.. Well ok, Stimpy in the second one looks maybe more like we know from the trailer with the tongue out. Ren also has the red eyes he should, but why does spongebob look so different and not correct in the second one?

Well even Garfield looks different for some things.
Obviously it would've been taken during design, if it's real. But it's still confusing to wonder about the timing between the 2 pics lol.

Last edited:

RileyXY1

Smash Hero
There also appears to be sneaker detail on it? It looks like sneakers when I squint at it.
If that's the case then it's probably one of the Rugrats, in their AGU forms. Chuckie is the only Rugrat who wears sneakers in the original show.

Mamboo07

Smash Hero
View attachment 330313

View attachment 330314
Didn't know an orange fat cat was the same size as a cartoony 12 year old human child.
(Garfield looks big compared to Lincoln's size)

Ze Diglett

Smash Champion
Writing Team
NNID
ZeDiglett

View attachment 330312

Convenient an explanation as that would be, it doesn't really check out. SpongeBob's pupils in the trailer are way too small to match the model in the second image. I think it's more likely that these are just earlier models of the characters from before they finalized the designs.
Honestly, we're more in ESRB territory than we are in Grinch with both this and the Garfleak.

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
God, I do worry what might happen for these developers if Garf leak is real. Let's at least hope the likes of NintendoLife don't pick it up.

Anyway, my favourite R&S clip would either be "He's talking to pillows kid!" and "The prrrroducer is the guy who bosses everyone around, calls all the shots, and takes all the credit!"

MarioKartRenderOwner

Smash Cadet
Bit of a wacky theory, i don't have full confidence in this but something I thought about

so if we assume everything we saw today and the garfield leak are real, I'm considering this kind of theory

what if the game was originally only meant to have 20 characters and 2 more were added on later as additions for various reasons and they're barely gonna miss launch and be added a bit later, we already know a stage might potentially be missing launch already based on some dev comments

this in turn, could explain why despite being a major character you'd want on the box art, Garfield is seemingly not on the box, he was a character that was added later in development for any sort of reason, this is also why the stage and character roster that was leaked seem to cap out at 20 characters total

like say nick came in and said "we want to push Garfield as a staple of nick is there any chance you could add him" and then say the 2nd character is jenny or something who was added on late into development due to over whelming fan demand

again, I don't actually think this theory is super likely, i'll be SHOCKED if it is honestly, but something worth starting a discussion over at the least

DeviousFish

Smash Apprentice
It seems that leaks for this games seems to involves things from the leg down. First we had leg girl and now we have shoe character. Also speaking about the garfield leak I don't have much of a say and honestly i'm just gonna wait for the reveals and character info without looking too much into leaks. Mostly because I want to be surpised by the reveals.

Ze Diglett

Smash Champion
Writing Team
NNID
ZeDiglett
Bit of a wacky theory, i don't have full confidence in this but something I thought about

so if we assume everything we saw today and the garfield leak are real, I'm considering this kind of theory

what if the game was originally only meant to have 20 characters and 2 more were added on later as additions for various reasons and they're barely gonna miss launch and be added a bit later, we already know a stage might potentially be missing launch already based on some dev comments

this in turn, could explain why despite being a major character you'd want on the box art, Garfield is seemingly not on the box, he was a character that was added later in development for any sort of reason, this is also why the stage and character roster that was leaked seem to cap out at 20 characters total

like say nick came in and said "we want to push Garfield as a staple of nick is there any chance you could add him" and then say the 2nd character is jenny or something who was added on late into development due to over whelming fan demand

again, I don't actually think this theory is super likely, i'll be SHOCKED if it is honestly, but something worth starting a discussion over at the least
Not to get too tinfoil-y up in here, but this might even explain the 20 figure we've heard for stages from certain sources before. 🤔

Last edited:

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Honestly, it's ERSB and Grinch mashed together. It's pretty telling how with the Garfield "leak" it's this reaction from the devs:

And the recent leak is this:

Everything from a typical Smash cycle is crashing together at the same time because of the even shorter dev/reveal/release cycle than normal for a launch.

It could also probably explain the random in-game purchases content rating descriptor that was spotted on European Steam, seeing how things for this are suddenly coming up on short notice thanks to the game's surprise popularity. DLC seemingly wasn't in the cards before, but then it might be after all?

Last edited:

amageish

Smash Master

This... seems possible, honestly. Nothing quite as signature to Ludosity as "Project gets bigger then initially planned," is there?

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
This... seems possible, honestly. Nothing quite as signature to Ludosity as "Project gets bigger then initially planned," is there?
Especially if the game's reception will make it increasingly difficult to keep it limited to a single standalone game launch release.

On a side note, I'm kind of glad the uppercase L on yesterday's post was just improper punctuation and not a hint.

Teeb147

Smash Legend
I don't see the garfield leak reaction to mean much. Let's say it's real, It was earlier and probably they had more patience for the leaks back then.

Also, if he thought it was fake on the outset, it wouldn't have been as overwhelming as after, if he later knew or realized it was actually real and just not the designs he worked on himself before they were transferred over, or however it works for them.

Taking that into account, and possibly feeling bad about it and then these new leaks coming out and.. yeah that doesn't seem fun for them, I can understand wanting to do away with all the leak talk. Kind of says something to react by removing the entire speculation channel tho :O

Last edited:

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
You'd think they would, you know, have more concern for what is the biggest IP for Nick to have acquired to date next to TMNT to be boldly and casually leaked by itself.

I don't know about that one, chief. The only way that sounds legit is if they genuinely didn't think Garf was in the base game at first and some loony decided to do harmless fun for a bit with models the staff might have done for fun/as a proof of concept, but then later on Garf was approved for real and then when someone else decided to show him off alongside everyone else (but purposely hidden alongside the other IP that was added on short notice to the game), they felt threatened about it possibly straining their relations with the big guys, regardless of how much free publicity the leak would have made anyway.

Last edited:

FreeFox

Smash Lord
This is what the leaker supposedly said after the whole fiasco.

View attachment 330308

I'm pretty he's just covering up for them because this story doesn't seem right and the devs reaction to it was really big.

Seems like one of the devs wanted to share what they were working on and this guy decided to leak it (on their server no less) for clout. Pretty **** move if that's true.
I will point out that in Smash 4/3DS, someone tried to make it seem as the ESRB leak was fake. They even created this fake image to try and prove it was fake:

So, without some good evidence, I wont trust a random saying they made the "fake leak."

Actually, you may be onto something. While, I trust that our developers chose the characters, I wonder if Nickelodeon might also be pushing for certain IPs to get represented. A few pages behind, someone posted how Ren & Stimpy were getting a revival. Rugrats has a reboot. Spongebob and Loud House have ongoing series (and a recent movie for the Loud House). Someone also mentioned RoTMNT having a film in the making. Hey Arnold and Invader Zom both got movies. I wouldnt be surprised if they ended up pushing forth certain series down the line during development.

To add to this, we know that they are still working on moves (due to the air taunt addition) and the comment about a stage not being ready for launch. Its possible they were pushed to create extra content beyong the original plan. Add to this the etra measures that have been taking care of for advertisement for this game (which has been weird and a bit inconsistent) and everything falls into place pretty well. So, yeah, its quite possible that the last 2 characters were added late in development.

Teeb147

Smash Legend
You'd think they would, you know, have more concern for what is the biggest IP for Nick to have acquired to date next to TMNT to be boldly and casually leaked by itself.

I don't know about that one, chief. The only way that sounds legit is if they genuinely didn't think Garf was in the base game at first and some loony decided to do harmless fun for a bit with models the staff might have done for fun/as a proof of concept, but then later on Garf was approved for real and then when someone else decided to show him off alongside everyone else (but purposely hidden alongside the other IP that was added on short notice to the game), they felt threatened about it possibly straining their relations with the big guys, regardless of how much free publicity the leak would have made anyway.
I don't know what you mean, they went all the way to showing their design environment to try to disprove the leak. Sounds like a lot put into trying to dispell it.
What else would you want them to do?

Removing the speculation channel I find is much less strategic (and seems much more from feeling tired of it), because now more people may think the leak is real.

Last edited:

Teeb147

Smash Legend
So it seems that on top of all this, the discord server is going to be in 'read only' for a few days because of a situation with a mod that was removed.

Doesn't mean they might not share info about the game in the server, but looks like lots gotta cool down for now.

Last edited:

FreeFox

Smash Lord
Going from a legit character reveal straight into outright conspiracy, all I can say is

Personally, considering we still have a few weeks ahead (and in part to celebrate Ren and Stimpy´s addition), this might be a more appropiate reaction:

Top Bottom