• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Nickelodeon All-Stars Brawl General Thread - All Star Brawl 2 Available Today!

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
I've been lurking for a bit here, but I'd like to suggest another potential option for the identity of the mysterious feet pixels.

Jenny appears in this pose in a whole bunch of promotional material, it wouldn't be out of place for her to be in this same pose or something similar in her render, and the stance is certainly wide enough to fit, as are the colors close enough.
Yeah, I'd say that makes the most amount of sense. Not many characters have flat-lined bottoms on their feet, too.

Yeah? Well guess what - TMNT got top billing in Nick Kart Racers 2, edging SpongeBob out not only in characters (5 TMNT vs. 4 SpongeBob), but also in track number (4 TMNT to 3 SpongeBob)
I mean, it wouldn't be strange. TMNT is a huge, HUGE property, that it would make sense for the devs to get away with putting in as many of the main characters as possible, even if DLC has to come for it to happen.

In any case, Leo and Mikey do both seem to have some differences in their movesets, so having stuff for Raph and Don wouldn't be too difficult in theory, like Don using a few of his inventions. Or giving Raph his bite attack from Tournament Fighters on NES.

Teeb147

Smash Legend
I don't think it's a TMNT character. I think people who pointed out that the Loud House characters are together later among the lone ones, makes me see there's no reason to think it's another ninja turtle character, besides that we got the technodrome, but really it could just be to try to have interesting stages for the turtles.

The character blocked out looks to have very big metallic feet things.

ivanlerma

Smash Champion
I think this leak has became pretty damaging for the devs, I wanted to bet they wanted to keep some nice secrets for the character roster to show who we'll get to play or at the very least see what the characters look.

With this leak, however. they most likely won't be able to talk to anyone online no more if it means letting stuff behind the scenes get secretly revealed without any official word from them.

This might cause Nick to not feel confident on letting another developer make something like this again if it means hackers or untrusted employees leaking it's content which could be the worse case scenario, or put the devs into depression & not greenlight any possible DLC if Nick gave them the chance.

But this is just me spit balling crap from my mouth and it probably won't happen, but i still feel bad for the developers for this game since they poured so much effort into making this game.

Teeb147

Smash Legend
I think this leak has became pretty damaging for the devs, I wanted to bet they wanted to keep some nice secrets for the character roster to show who we'll get to play or at the very least see what the characters look.

With this leak, however. they most likely won't be able to talk to anyone online no more if it means letting stuff behind the scenes get secretly revealed without any official word from them.

This might cause Nick to not feel confident on letting another developer make something like this again if it means hackers or untrusted employees leaking it's content which could be the worse case scenario, or put the devs into depression & not greenlight any possible DLC if Nick gave them the chance.

But this is just me spit balling crap from my mouth and it probably won't happen, but i still feel bad for the developers for this game since they poured so much effort into making this game.
That can happen for any game that's got some hype. And who says Nickelodeon cares about reveals for a game?

DeviousFish

Smash Apprentice
Geez well this thread has been pretty active today huh? So regarding ren and stimpy I really do think there moveset if the perfect amount of wacky and zany;very eager to try them out. Regarding the stage leak it seems plausible and yes toph did seem obvious. I do feel bad for the devs it seems these leaks are really hurting them. They'll probably have to rush out reveals. Even if ik what the characters are i'm excited to see there moveset

Capybara Gaming

Just Vibing
In regards to the whole "they're next to April and Reptar" thing

May I remind you that in SSBB, every character is organized in the sound tests and such in the order they joined the series - except Jigglypuff, who we know was a late addition; she's placed with Wolf, Toon Link, and Sonic.

Hell, in Smash 4's DLC, the clones were separate from the rest of their series' casts - same with DLC fighters Lucas, Mewtwo, Roy, and Corrin.

Sometimes, organizing stuff perfectly isn't a priority.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Geez well this thread has been pretty active today huh? So regarding ren and stimpy I really do think there moveset if the perfect amount of wacky and zany;very eager to try them out. Regarding the stage leak it seems plausible and yes toph did seem obvious. I do feel bad for the devs it seems these leaks are really hurting them. They'll probably have to rush out reveals. Even if ik what the characters are i'm excited to see there moveset
Well, they already had to rush out reveals anyway, seeing as the game's reception from older gamers came off as a huge shock to everyone involved in the marketing department. If anything, if DLC gets approved, it'll get the devs to strengthen their resolve and make damn sure nothing leaks for it.

So, are we expecting another moveset drop tomorrow, Thursday, or nah?

FreeFox

Smash Lord
Well, they already had to rush out reveals anyway, seeing as the game's reception from older gamers came off as a huge shock to everyone involved in the marketing department. If anything, if DLC gets approved, it'll get the devs to strengthen their resolve and make damn sure nothing leaks for it.

So, are we expecting another moveset drop tomorrow, Thursday, or nah?
Thursday most likely if they keep the pattern.

With 20 out of the 22 revealed, has everyone decided which characters they are maining?
Mine so far are:
  • Reptar: Love the design and personality he exudes. Insta main.
  • Catdog: Cool stance mechanic. They did the character great justice in the moveset.
  • Ren and Stimpy: I love duo characters and finally one of the characters I wanted dropped as a duo. Not going to miss the chance
  • Danny Phantom: I like the series. I like the character.

Ze Diglett

Smash Champion
Writing Team
NNID
ZeDiglett

With 20 out of the 22 revealed, has everyone decided which characters they are maining?
Mine so far are:
  • Catdog: Cool stance mechanic. They did the character great justice in the moveset.
  • Ren and Stimpy: I love duo characters and finally one of the characters I wanted dropped as a duo. Not going to miss the chance
SpongeBob, CatDog, and now Ren & Stimpy are all in contention for my main, both because I'm really big on overtly "cartoony" cartoons and for the hilarious novelty of being able to say I main SpongeBob in a fighting game. I imagine I'll probably play Patrick, Powdered Toast Man, Nigel, and Zim some on the side, but for now, those are the three I'm looking at for my actual main. It really depends on which of them meshes with my playstyle the best.
(Of course, if we get Jimmy Neutron or Garfield, that'll override all of those for me.)

Last edited:

Mamboo07

Smash Hero

Mine so far are:
For me:
  • Lincoln
  • Nigel
  • Reptar
  • Catdog

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
Furthermore, I hate to say it but TMNT makes sense to get top billing. By the numbers, it is the most profitable Nick/Viacom property. Granted, it's only by around 1 billion...but that is still 1 billion dollars. I know that it might not make sense to us at first because I dont think most of us associate TMNT with Nick/Viacom that much, but the numbers do not lie. I also am happy that we did skip out on four turtles. If the last characters do include Shredder, then we get to have some more visual diversity. The turtles do mesh together a lot, so I get what they went for. April looks fun as heck, and I bet shredder will be too.
Eh, facts need to be taken into context.
For example, TMNT has grossed 14.4 billion dollars, whereas Spongebob has grossed 14.1 billion (the franchises across all media).
However, Spongebob has only been around since 1999, whereas TMNT has been around since 1984- which means, since conception, Spongebob makes a higher gross revenue than TMNT. This is surely more important than total across all time.

Even still, Dora the Explorer has made 15.8 billion. Does this mean she is included because we have TMNT? I doubt it.

It is also interesting to note that Spongebob is INDEED the mascot of Nickelodeon. Yet, Mario is the mascot of Nintendo, even though Pokemon earns more money, and also Pokemon arguably has more characters (though, with how many Mario spinoffs there are, I don't think that is a fair argument to make).

Last edited:

FreeFox

Smash Lord
SpongeBob, CatDog, and now Ren & Stimpy are all in contention for my main, both because I'm really big on overtly "cartoony" cartoons and for the hilarious novelty of being able to say I main SpongeBob in a fighting game. It really depends on which of them meshes with my playstyle the best.
(Of course, if we get Jimmy Neutron or Garfield, that'll override all of those for me.)
I get you. I am just missing one more character to complete my set. I can only hope Rocko, The Beavers, Luna, XJ9 or Garfield join in

dlewis53

Smash Lord
Based on the officially revealed fighters, I'd say:

Danny
Zim
CatDog
Nigel Thornberry
Ren & Stimpy

Of course, I'm going to give every fighter in the game a try.

Last edited:

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend

Mine so far are:
I already had my mind on Powdered Toast Man from the start (the idea of attacking with cinnamon is hilarious), and obviously playing as Ren and Stimpy will be like when I played Stimpy's Invention on Genesis as a lad.

For the TMNT side I'll be going with Michelangelo and April, of course. Jury is out on Leonardo, so I'll keep an eye out for his moveset post.

I got a few others I'd insta-main if we get DLC ensured for this, but until then those are my main candidates.

ivanlerma

Smash Champion

Mine so far are:
I'll say Ren & Stimpy, Spongebob, Patrick, CatDog, Danny, Zim, Michalengello. and Leonardo

Man, there's so many characters i like to play.

DeviousFish

Smash Apprentice
Tangent,but when all the characters get revealed i'll make a nasb 2 roster wishlist/prediction and also put their stage names as well. Well if there is no dlc for this game that is.

Also since were talking about mains I'm leaning towards zim,catodg and patrick.

Last edited:

Gorgonzales

Smash Ace

Mine so far are:
Not sure, I'll have to try em' out to see who I like. Everyone looks fun.

CheeseAnton

Smash Ace
Based on the character themselves and their personality, Zim

Based on characters I think I'd be good with, I can't say for sure. I haven't played the game yet so I have no idea who I'd be good with Zim, I am going to learn him no matter what.

Capybara Gaming

Just Vibing

Mine so far are:
A number of characters are in contention.

Aang: Protagonist of my favorite show of all time; I've wanted him in a fighting game for years.
Danny Phantom: Another one of my favorite cartoons ever made, and I just find paranormal stuff fascinating, so I can't wait to see more of his ghost powers adapted.
Lucy: I just dig her aesthetic. She's a fun character from a relatively fun show.
Reptar: The PERFECT pick for Rugrats. A kaiju/toy mascot rolled into one? Yes please.
Nigel: This is definitely my soft spot for the character itself; I love this nutjob dad, and the whole imitating animals concept is wonderful.
Powdered Toast Man: Purely for the meme aesthetic, PTM comes from my least favorite show on the list, but damnit if he isn't an incredible addition.

Assuming the leak is legit; Toph is one of if not my favorite Avatar character, and earthbending is my favorite bending style, so she's an insta-main if she's truly in.

Zim and Oblina are another potential ones, but I need to see more of their kits to make a decision.

Wigglerman

Smash Ace
I'm still holding strong as a future Powdered Toast Man main but Ren & Stimpy as well as Sandy have me pretty excited to dabble. Though I plan to dabble with the entire cast. Like Smash, I'll likely forever be in a character crisis.

I can't wait to see Helga's move set.

Last edited:

Gorgonzales

Smash Ace
I'm still holding strong as a future Powdered Toast Man main but Ren & Stimpy as well as Sandy have me pretty excited to dabble. Though I plan to dabble with the entire cast. Like Smash, I'll likely forever be in a character crisis.

I can't wait to see Helga's move set.
Same here. I've really been wondering how they're gonna make a moveset out of her. The dust kicking and slingshot are neat and suit her well, but beyond that I don't know what the devs have in store for her.

Wigglerman

Smash Ace
Same here. I've really been wondering how they're gonna make a moveset out of her. The dust kicking and slingshot are neat and suit her well, but beyond that I don't know what the devs have in store for her.
'Ol' Betsy' better be her neutral strong XD Just deck someone in the face :p

Last edited:

CapitaineCrash

Smash Champion

Mine so far are:
Catdog, Oblina and Ren & Stimpy are the one I'm more excited to play.

LimeTH

Smash Lord
In case you're holding out for another duo fighter, don't get your hopes up. Ren & Stimpy's codename is, in fact - "duo"
Guess LimeTH LimeTH is getting their wish in that if we do get an Angry Beavers rep, it'll be a standalone beaver rather than both of them stapled together.
It's looking less likely we'll get both with how few slots are left (unless either we get DLC or I get really lucky) but man, I really do hope one day I can play Dag vs Norb matches. **** is gonna be sick.

To be fair, the possibility exists that they could be a duo and their codename could be "Beavers".

Ze Diglett

Smash Champion
Writing Team
NNID
ZeDiglett
I will say I gotta wonder how they're planning on getting five reveals out when the game's supposedly out in less than 3 weeks. At this point, I wouldn't be surprised if the game either releases with only 20 characters and stages with the last 2 dropped in a free update post-launch (reminder that Rep did say this game's Pokemon Stadium equivalent "might not be ready for launch"), or if the game doesn't come out on October 5th like we thought. Then again, I dunno how strict Nickelodeon tends to be with their deadlines, so... I dunno.
Either way, I'll be surprised if the next reveal isn't the Avatar Three given the way things are going. That'll make the last few weeks before this game's release VERY interesting.

Last edited:

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
It's a bit of a blink-and-you-miss-it moment, but in the reveal trailer you briefly see her using a baseball bat for some sort of attack.

Sari

Editing Staff
Writing Team
NNID
Villager49
Switch FC
SW-2215-0173-2152
This is what the leaker supposedly said after the whole fiasco.

1631662639788.png

I'm pretty he's just covering up for them because this story doesn't seem right and the devs reaction to it was really big.

Seems like one of the devs wanted to share what they were working on and this guy decided to leak it (on their server no less) for clout. Pretty **** move if that's true.

TCT~Phantom

Smash Master
Writing Team
NNID
TCT~Phantom

View attachment 330308

I'm pretty he's just covering up for them because this story doesn't seem right and the devs reaction to it was really big.

Seems like one of the devs wanted to share what they were working on and this guy decided to leak it (on their server no less) for clout. Pretty **** move if that's true.
One thing that does not sit right is we have to take them on their word that they are the one who actually leaked this. Since Spec Chat got nuked, we can't even verify they are the same poster. Even checking what appears to be the user's reddit and twitter does not provide supporting info.

They also despite saying they rushed the leak still had time to not only airbrush Toph, but also do Space Madness as Ren and Stimpy's stage. Taking their word for it, that means they did this for both in two and a half hours. Furthermore, if they did just rush the Toph...why not just not show her? You have a passable Aang and Korra, you could have still gotten people's attention with those. It just does not sit right with me.

Combine that with how nuclear the devs reacted, I still lean real.

amageish

Smash Master

View attachment 330308

This makes 0 sense to me for several reasons:
1) The leak had a bunch of stages, including Ren and Stimpy's stage was just revealed this morning, correct. It is possible that they could fake models for every stage, but also doing one in such a short timespan?
2) The leak had updated renders for Leo and Danny. How did they obtain and/or recreate these renders?
3) If there were 2 more models made, then why not just show those instead of Toph? And if there was no models underneath the black smudges, then what was this leak about prior to this morning? If the intention was to fake a leak, Toph was the only unrevealed character on the leak. Why go through all this effort to fake a leak that doesn't contain any unrevealed characters? Doing fake stages and a fake Korra/Aang render sounds like a bit of a waste of time to me.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
I will say I gotta wonder how they're planning on getting five reveals out when the game's supposedly out in less than 3 weeks. At this point, I wouldn't be surprised if the game either releases with only 20 characters and stages with the last 2 dropped in a free update post-launch (reminder that Rep did say this game's Pokemon Stadium equivalent "might not be ready for launch"), or if the game doesn't come out on October 5th like we thought. Then again, I dunno how strict Nickelodeon tends to be with their deadlines, so... I dunno.
Either way, I'll be surprised if the next reveal isn't the Avatar Three given the way things are going. That'll make the last few weeks before this game's release VERY interesting.
Flexible deadlines seem rare for their games, considering that Shredder's Revenge was supposed to come out this year, then was pushed to 2022 (but then again, it's been forever since they've had a 2D game).

View attachment 330308

Like I said, some people will go through any lengths for e-peen, no matter if it's real or not.

Last edited:
Top Bottom