• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Nickelodeon All-Stars Brawl General Thread - All Star Brawl 2 Available Today!

CapitaineCrash

Smash Champion
I think everyone here is overestimating how easy it'd be to make all 4 turtles - even if they share a model and can reuse attacks, they're still vastly different in terms of personality and fighting style.

Turning Mikey into Raph isn't like making a Lucina model, slapping it on Marth, making a few new animations, and tweaking a few stats - each individual turtle would need to be fully coded; animated; balanced; bugtested; and conceptualised - not to mention their weapons and any individual assets. (say if Mikey is to have a pizza taunt for example)

Even if it was that easy, the sheer quantity of turtles would take up a lot of time.
Considering that the game (apparently) don't have any voice I don't think it would be that hard. You can make them share some basic moves and give them différent taunt and that would be it.

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
Considering that the game (apparently) don't have any voice I don't think it would be that hard. You can make them share some basic moves and give them différent taunt and that would be it.
I don't think you understand - there's much more that goes into a platform fighter character than just moves and animations. A single move has tons of complexities that, while easily ignored in casual play, are there and do effect all players - even if only competitive players actively take note of and consider them.

Fields - Ultimate's Great

Smash Journeyman
I think everyone here is overestimating how easy it'd be to make all 4 turtles - even if they share a model and can reuse attacks, they're still vastly different in terms of personality and fighting style.

Turning Mikey into Raph isn't like making a Lucina model, slapping it on Marth, making a few new animations, and tweaking a few stats - each individual turtle would need to be fully coded; animated; balanced; bugtested; and conceptualised - not to mention their weapons and any individual assets. (say if Mikey is to have a pizza taunt for example)

Even if it was that easy, the sheer quantity of turtles would take up a lot of time.
Okay but their 80s personalities are not nearly as explored as their other counterparts so their personalities aren't really any issue. Raphael and Donatello would be significantly easier to make than anyone else and that's just a fact. Modeling a character, especially in a freeform game like this is ridiculously hard. Them having a base model to work with makes them easier to balance, bug test, and "conceptualize" them. Because they already have chars to base off of and work from there. That is more than what I can say for anyone else in the roster.

Better than wasting development time and more costs on having to make way more new stuff for TMNT characters that aren't as popular as Raph and Donnie.

Last edited:

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
But they use pretty much the same models and skeletons, they’re not echo fighters but they’d still be much easier to add than Shredder or April is the point
Which is...exactly the reason that many people could be less interested in them.
Better than wasting development time and more costs on having to make way more new stuff for TMNT characters that aren't as popular as Raph and Donnie.
If popularity is all that mattered, this game would be purely Avatar, TMNT, and Spongebob- three of the top selling media franchises of all time. Well above anything else Nintendo owns- and with the Winx Club being the only other on the top 50 Media Franchises list.

Last edited:

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
My biggest worry about Nick All-Stars that directly relates to the source materials is stage potential. I don't want 5 million "protagonist's house" or "protagonist's favourite shop" stages. Luckily they seem to be doing a really good job with the stages so far, with some really clever locations that relate to the shows without being samey - though that Loud House house stage looks like it'll be a pain to play on and I fear Rocko and Jimmy's stages should the leak be real.

Last edited:

DeviousFish

Smash Apprentice
My biggest worry about Nick All-Stars that directly relates to the source materials is stage potential. I don't want 5 million "protagonist's house" or "protagonist's favourite shop" stages. Luckily they seem to be doing a really good job with the stages so far, with some really clever locations that relate to the shows without being samey - though that Loud House house stage looks like it'll be a pain to play on and I fear Rocko and Jimmy's stages should the leak be real.
I can see a jimmy stage being a moving stage since we know the avatar stage is one. As for rocko not too sure, but i do believe all the stage will be unique in some way.

Sammerbro44

Smash Apprentice
I can see a jimmy stage being a moving stage since we know the avatar stage is one. As for rocko not too sure, but i do believe all the stage will be unique in some way.
I can see a Jimmy Neutron stage being something like Jimmy's lab, the Candy Bar, Retroland, or if you really want to get crazy; the arena with the giant alien chicken from the jimmy neutron movie. All of those sound like you could get a lot of potential references. As for Rocko....... maybe a stage based on the Chokey Chicken? Or that diner place where Filburt sang "Come Crawl with me"?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ehsjS6Arqos

Last edited:

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
in terms of characters I’d want, I’m personally pulling for Alvin and Rocko’s Peaches (one of many ambassadors of Heck)
I’m sure Alvin is just an acquired property but through those rowdy rodent boys, many things become muddled in truth
In terms of an additional Rocko rep, Dr. Paula Hutchinson would be perfect

I love the fact this character was only created because of a bad, highly specific pun nobody watching would even have the context for until years after the fact.

Smash Journeyman
Which is...exactly the reason that many people could be less interested in them.

If popularity is all that mattered, this game would be purely Avatar, TMNT, and Spongebob- three of the top selling media franchises of all time. Well above anything else Nintendo owns- and with the Winx Club being the only other on the top 50 Media Franchises list.
Raphael and Donatello have interest, icon status, consistent fan favorite status, tons of moveset potential due to being focused on more than Shredder/April in their show + games, years upon years of marketed presence, and have the advantage of being easier to make while still having the potential to be unique.

They are better inclusions. Maybe if this was a "heroes vs villains" focused game then I'd change my mind but it's not. Shredder is lesser in every way in terms of what I listed for Raph and Donnie.

Last edited:

Quick Gaming (QG)

Smash Lord
Raphael and Donatello have interest, icon status, consistent fan favorite status, tons of moveset potential due to being focused on more than Shredder/April in their show + games, years upon years of marketed presence, and have the advantage of being easier to make while still having the potential to be unique.

They are better inclusions. Maybe if this was a "heroes vs villains" focused game then I'd change my mind but it's not. Shredder is lesser in every way in terms of what I listed for Raph and Donnie.
also like how he somehow equated popularity to sales in the same sentence. Also if we were adding characters based on that, Dora is on top

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311

Nothing I said had anything to do with Shredder, or more TMNT characters at all.
Coincidentally, I'd rather have a shot to play Shredder- I've played as the Turtles many times, and personally, never played as Shredder.
I also don't need an entire "heroes vs villains" theme to enjoy playing a villain...just as you seemingly don't need it to be a "all the teams meetup" to enjoy having all Turtles as options.
also like how he somehow equated popularity to sales in the same sentence. Also if we were adding characters based on that, Dora is on top
Popularity and sales go hand in hand, with outliers being just that- outliers.

Last edited:

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
If we don't get all 4 turtles, I doubt it'd be because it was too hard or resource-intensive to make all 4. Rather, it would be because of the optics: if it's a small-ish roster, you don't want there to be 4 characters from the same franchise that look nearly identical. If the roster looks imbalanced fans of other franchises will cry foul, and no amount of explaining that it was super easy to make them because they could reuse assets will quell them.

The devs seem pretty savvy on the community aspect of the lead-up to release, but even Smash took until the fifth entry to properly convey and get fans behind the idea of clones. The NASB team might just want to avoid a backlash. And then they can sell the other turtles as DLC, maybe at a lower cost even.

Smash Journeyman
If we don't get all 4 turtles, I doubt it'd be because it was too hard or resource-intensive to make all 4. Rather, it would be because of the optics: if it's a small-ish roster, you don't want there to be 4 characters from the same franchise that look nearly identical. If the roster looks imbalanced fans of other franchises will cry foul, and no amount of explaining that it was super easy to make them because they could reuse assets will quell them.

The devs seem pretty savvy on the community aspect of the lead-up to release, but even Smash took until the fifth entry to properly convey and get fans behind the idea of clones. The NASB team might just want to avoid a backlash. And then they can sell the other turtles as DLC, maybe at a lower cost even.
They would be dumb DLC inclusions. The "identical looking" issue would be even worse as we're PAYING for these characters.

Capybara Gaming

Just Vibing
Premium
Alright, I'm making my official prediction list. I'm putting the roster to a slightly smaller than Smash Bros. Brawl's, which had 39 fighters. I am gonna say this: I don't think every fighter will have a home stage either, so that's not limiting on how many reps per show. I went with a total of 38. My thought process also went more into "who could have the best options for a fighting game" rather than "who's the most necessary" as well as "cartooniness factor."

SpongeBob SquarePants
1. SpongeBob
2. Patrick
3. Sandy
4. Squidward
5. Plankton

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles
6. Michelangelo
7. Leonardo
8. Donatello
9. Raphael

The Loud House
10. Lincoln
11. Lucy
12. Luna

Rugrats
13. Reptar

Hey Arnold!
14. Arnold
15. Helga

Invader Zim
16. Zim*

Ren & Stimpy
17. Ren & Stimpy
18. Powdered Toast Man

Aaahh! Real Monsters
19. Oblina

The Wild Thornberrys
20. Nigel

Danny Phantom
21. Danny

22. Aang
23. Zuko

The Legend of Korra
24. Korra

CatDog
25. CatDog

The Angry Beavers
26. Dagget & Norbert

The Fairly Oddparents
27. Timmy Turner*
28. Crimson Chin

My Life as a Teenage Robot
29. Jenny

Back at the Barnyard
30. Otis

The Adventures of Jimmy Neutron: Boy Genius
31. Jimmy*

T.U.F.F. Puppy
32. Dudley
33. Kitty

Winx Club
34. Bloom

El Tigre: The Adventures of Manny Rivera
35. El Tigre

Rocko's Modern Life
36. Rocko

Rocket Power
37. Otto

Glitch Techs
38. Miko

*These characters have other characters who assist with some attacks. (Gir, Cosmo & Wanda, Goddard)

If I could've fit a few more in, Rudy from ChalkZone and Henry and June from KaBlam would've been there.

Last edited:

dlewis53

Smash Lord
Alright, I'm making my official prediction list. I'm putting the roster to a slightly smaller than Smash Bros. Brawl's, which had 39 fighters. I am gonna say this: I don't think every fighter will have a home stage either, so that's not limiting on how many reps per show. I went with a total of 38. My thought process also went more into "who could have the best options for a fighting game" rather than "who's the most necessary" as well as "cartooniness factor."

SpongeBob SquarePants
1. SpongeBob
2. Patrick
3. Sandy
4. Squidward
5. Plankton

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles
6. Michelangelo
7. Leonardo
8. Donatello
9. Raphael

The Loud House
10. Lincoln
11. Lucy
12. Luna

Rugrats
13. Reptar

Hey Arnold!
14. Arnold
15. Helga

Invader Zim
16. Zim*

Ren & Stimpy
17. Ren & Stimpy
18. Powdered Toast Man

Aaahh! Real Monsters
19. Oblina

The Wild Thornberrys
20. Nigel

Danny Phantom
21. Danny

22. Aang
23. Zuko

The Legend of Korra
24. Korra

CatDog
25. CatDog

The Angry Beavers
26. Dagget & Norbert

The Fairly Oddparents
27. Timmy Turner*
28. Crimson Chin

My Life as a Teenage Robot
29. Jenny

Back at the Barnyard
30. Otis

The Adventures of Jimmy Neutron: Boy Genius
31. Jimmy*

T.U.F.F. Puppy
32. Dudley
33. Kitty

Winx Club
34. Winx

El Tigre: The Adventures of Manny Rivera
35. El Tigre

Rocko's Modern Life
36. Rocko

Rocket Power
37. Otto

Glitch Techs
38. Miko

*These characters have other characters who assist with some attacks. (Gir, Cosmo & Wanda, Goddard)

If I could've fit a few more in, Rudy from ChalkZone and Henry and June from KaBlam would've been there.
That's a really good roster; I'd be completely satisfied if that were the case.

I guess my only questions would be:

Would "Winx" be the main character of Winx Club? Because I've never heard her referred to as such.

And what exactly is "Glitch Techs"? I haven't heard of that show.

Capybara Gaming

Just Vibing
Premium
That's a really good roster; I'd be completely satisfied if that were the case.

I guess my only questions would be:

Would "Winx" be the main character of Winx Club? Because I've never heard her referred to as such.

And what exactly is "Glitch Techs"? I haven't heard of that show.
Oh right... I spaced out and wrote "Winx Club Main Character" and forgot to look it up and change it; her name is Bloom.

Glitch Techs is the first Nicktoon to not air on cable TV; and the first one to embrace the age of streaming, being a Netflix exclusive.

Top Bottom