• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Nickelodeon All-Stars Brawl General Thread - All Star Brawl 2 Available Today!

Quick Gaming (QG)

Smash Lord
I don't really see The Angry Beavers getting in when Nick barely acknowledges that show exists.
yeah this is the main reason I'm not buying it. Also, thought it would be worth mentioning that this August is apparently Nicktoons 30th anniversary, with the anniversary itself being in 11 days

1627878764138.png

Also worth mentioning that IGN's reveal of the game (the initial reveal) just so happened to be the same day as Tom Kenny's birthday

I'm not saying we're getting anything but considering we have yet to see Ren and Stimpy get officially revealed and their 30th anniversary is in a week and a half....

Last edited:

FreeFox

Smash Lord
yeah this is the main reason I'm not buying it. Also, thought it would be worth mentioning that this August is apparently Nicktoons 30th anniversary, with the anniversary itself being in 11 days

View attachment 325059

Also worth mentioning that IGN's reveal of the game (the initial reveal) just so happened to be the same day as Tom Kenny's birthday

I'm not saying we're getting anything but considering we have yet to see Ren and Stimpy get officially revealed and their 30th anniversary is in a week and a half....
It might be a coincidence but this fits the leak pretty nicely. I am a bit shocked.

Quick Gaming (QG)

Smash Lord
Last edited:

Peepo T. Skeleton

Smash Ace
Exactly 9.7 inches away from your current location

RileyXY1

Smash Hero
I was thinking more about the past decade or so, but yeah they really did just get disappeared after the show ended.
The only recent headline involving The Angry Beavers was a scrapped cameo in the Season 5 premiere of The Loud House, entitled "Schooled".

TeenGirlSquad

Smash Master
yeah but like I can go back and find early 2000's Nicktoons promos and see not a single mention of Angry Beavers, even though other 90's Nicktoons that had ended by that point are featured

this one comes to mind
That's probably because there was hostility between the creator, Mitch Schauer, and the network, pretty much for the entire run. The final episode, in which the beavers are told that their show is cancelled, and openly criticize the network for it, was never aired.

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
>Shredder over the two turtles that were consistently prioritized over him in anything else.

Awful, no thank you.
I'll be burned on the stake for this but I'm in favour of only 2 turtles. More aesthetic variety and gives room for other TMNT characters like Shredder, Splinter, April, or Casey to make the roster without filling it with a slight bit too much turtle power.

Sammerbro44

Smash Apprentice
At the very least, this gives me 5 characters to main: Reptar , Rocko, The Beavers, CatDog and finally Danny

So, has anyone decided which characters they want to main?
Right now, I'm floating between Reptar, Spongebob, or Lucy Loud. However, if that rumor is true, than Daggett and Norbert is absolutely my main.
yeah but like I can go back and find early 2000's Nicktoons promos and see not a single mention of Angry Beavers, even though other 90's Nicktoons that had ended by that point are featured

this one comes to mind
Really? Man, that's a darn shame. I loved the show growing up and still do. It's not for everyone, sure, but to see it practically fall off the face of the earth, not have any playable representation in Nicktoon crossover games since the first Nickelodeon racing game, and not even get its finale aired is really sad.

Fields - Ultimate's Great

Smash Journeyman
I'll be burned on the stake for this but I'm in favour of only 2 turtles. More aesthetic variety and gives room for other TMNT characters like Shredder, Splinter, April, or Casey to make the roster without filling it with a slight bit too much turtle power.
I don't care for adding less popular and significant characters "for variety sake". Donnie and Raph are substantially more popular and important, while having their own weapons, skills, and potential to take from. We have lots of TMNT games and media to take from. There's a reason Raph and Donnie were always prioritized in everything else over Shredder or April of all characters. They are not nearly as advertised and used as the 4 turtles.

They would be easier to make in a game like this too than wasting loads of effort on 2 other TMNT reps that aren't as big.

Last edited:

CapitaineCrash

Smash Champion
I mean... not really. They will say one thing and then completely contradict it.
When they announced no Alex Mack, they said something along the lines of, "We got most of what we wanted." Not long later, they said, "Nick chose the picks, if we did, boy would there be some picks."
I couldn't find the exact quote but they never said that "Nick chose the picks". It was more along the line of "if we had total control on the roster there would be some picks". This didn't contradict the first statement because they didn't have 100% total control on the roster because they needed Nick's approval, and "some picks" include Alex Mack and Fanboy ChumChum (and maybe others we don't know).

ColietheGoalie

Smash Lord
This is how I feel too. I know they’re all equally important, but having 4 fighters that are visually almost identical isn’t as fun as having some unique side characters in the mix.

Two turtles and a villain or two would be the best scenario in my mind.

Phoenix Douchebag

Smash Lord
-Best Turtle is not on the roster.

Aside from that, the roster is decent. Wish Timmy and Jenny were there but you can't expect a Top-Tier roster when this game is just the beggining and is clearly done with limitations. The other 2 Turtles beign absent are what bothers me the most, and as much as i like Shredder i would cut him if that would meant we could have Donnie and Raph, as i think all Turtles beign playable should be an obligation.

Fields - Ultimate's Great

Smash Journeyman
-Best Turtle is not on the roster.

Aside from that, the roster is decent. Wish Timmy and Jenny were there but you can't expect a Top-Tier roster when this game is just the beggining and is clearly done with limitations. The other 2 Turtles beign absent are what bothers me the most, and as much as i like Shredder i would cut him if that would meant we could have Donnie and Raph, as i think all Turtles beign playable should be an obligation.
Hard agree. Shredder is not worth sacrificing Raph and Donnie for. Especially when the two would still offer fun movesets. In a game like this, prioritizing these two would be the right call as it'll take significantly less effort. Having to model a character takes a **** ton of work and reusing Leo's model cuts down the workload by like... a LOT. Especially when Raphael and Donatello are so popular too? You'd have to be blind not to use them.

Last edited:

GothicSlenderman

Smash Journeyman
I saw the first episode of ChalkZone and now Rudy is a pipe dream pick of mine.
Rudy has a lot of potential in his moveset but I think Snap is the more visually interesting choice.

None the less a Chalkzone stage would be visually fun and maybe be easier to developer a stage if they flattened the characters like how Smash fighters are on stages like Flat Zone. And all of the platforms could be just 2D plains that look like chalk drawings. Maybe even a transforming stage where some platforms get erased and replaced by new ones. Similar to Pictochat and its drawn hazards.

Torgo the Bear

Smash Lord
NNID
u2outofcontrol
Switch FC
SW-1209-7008-3905
I must say, I'm a little disappointed in the lack of Squidward. But Mr. Krabs is my most wanted for this game, so...I'd say it balances out for me.

As for the Turtles...I find it very hard to believe that they'll skip any of them. The only way I can see this possibly still working out would be if they made Raph and Donnie alternate costumes for Leo and Mikey, but that doesn't make too much sense, does it? I don't know...this is the one thing that makes me not want to believe this "leak"

And then there's freakin' Dora...I'm actually very interested to see how they'd make her work.

So anyways, if this leak is true, I'll actually be very satisfied. I predict my mains will likely be Reptar and Krabs. I'll also probably want to play Nigel and Dora as secondaries, too.

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
Me on my way to research which Nicktoons were popular in Sweden
This works so well with your Rowlet avatar :D

That's probably because there was hostility between the creator, Mitch Schauer, and the network, pretty much for the entire run. The final episode, in which the beavers are told that their show is cancelled, and openly criticize the network for it, was never aired.
Where can you watch it?
Hardcore agree. There are a lot of games where we can fight as Turtles. I know those aren't the same, but ... I really don't care about having all the turtles.
I saw the first episode of ChalkZone and now Rudy is a pipe dream pick of mine.
He is one of my most wanted, one of the first I thought of when I first saw this game.
  • It does seem a bit weird that this person knows the full roster, but not the exact day when we'll get the next trailer.
  • If the box art will be revealed with the trailer, we should expect to see all of the unannounced characters in the next trailer. Otherwise this rumor is bupkis
  • THE ANGRY BEAVERS!! YES!! This alone makes me really want this rumor to be true.
  • Mr. Krabs over Squidward? I mean, I personally want Mr. Krabs over Squidward myself, but that seems a bit jarring. Maybe Nick thought that since Squidward was in the kart racer, they would give Mr. Krabs time to shine?
  • The Shredder being the only villain on the roster is sad to me, but it would open the gates to more villains being added in future updates.
  • Would have liked Katara or Toph before Zuko, but I'm certainly not complaining about his possible inclusion.
  • "I can't reveal who I got this leak from..." How convenient.
I'm thinking the Beavers, in this leak or another, would just be alts. They could easily have the same moveset.
As for the exact date- I don't think it is odd to not know the exact date. In addition to time zone variances, its possible the date wasn't fully set, just yet.
This one does seem believable, The absence of Donnie & Raph is the only thing i'm pretty worried about since everyone seems to believe they'd have the full package even though Nick Super Brawl Universe didn't include all of them and yet nobody knows it.

Timmy missing is...not surprising considering he wasn't in the racing game.

But I'm surprised Garfield wasn't on here, maybe nick didn't consider him to the team.
Using this former game ... isn't a common technique. This is seemingly the next game of the series, based on the name. Maybe a new developer, but I don't think that I consider this upcoming game the first of the series. I know this is the first platform fighter of the series, but I'm not sure that matters- since it is named similarly (font and all), and additionally fighting games often changeup gameplay a LOT between iterations. A few points...
1- Not all Turtles
2- We have children (like Angelica) fighting
3- FoP seems fair game...Rocko, Timmy, Jenny... we have a bunch

Has anyone compared the movesets we have seen to what existed in prior games?
I don't care for adding less popular and significant characters "for variety sake". Donnie and Raph are substantially more popular and important, while having their own weapons, skills, and potential to take from.
If that were all that mattered, this game could be entirely TMNT and Avatar. And while, I would rather just get a Avatar fighting game, that isn't what this is. (On that note, I cannot imagine Avatar characters even feeling authentic, when they have to be downplayed just for other characters' pushes and kicks make sense).

Last edited:

CapitaineCrash

Smash Champion
The thing with the 4 Turtles is that I think that it would take them so little time to do them all that they might as well do all 4. Of course Shredder and April would be (arguably) more fun than 4 Turtles, but that's not always how game development work. This is pretty much the same situation in Smash where people are arguing that you could delete Daisy and add Waluigi for example, it's not that easy.

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
I think everyone here is overestimating how easy it'd be to make all 4 turtles - even if they share a model and can reuse attacks, they're still vastly different in terms of personality and fighting style.

Turning Mikey into Raph isn't like making a Lucina model, slapping it on Marth, making a few new animations, and tweaking a few stats - each individual turtle would need to be fully coded; animated; balanced; bugtested; and conceptualised - not to mention their weapons and any individual assets. (say if Mikey is to have a pizza taunt for example)

Even if it was that easy, the sheer quantity of turtles would take up a lot of time.

Last edited:

Oracle Link

Smash Master
I think everyone here is overestimating how easy it'd be to make all 4 turtles - even if they share a model and can reuse attacks, they're still vastly different in terms of personality and fighting style.

Turning Mikey into Raph isn't like making a Lucina model, slapping it on Marth, making a few new animations, and tweaking a few stats - each individual turtle would need to be fully coded; animated; balanced; bugtested; and conceptualised - not to mention their weapons and any individual assets. (say if Mikey is to have a pizza taunt for example)
Yeah i dont know tmnt but i would prefer Shredder and kang over all 4 turtles and i think the 2 most popilar ones are in right?
But we should get atleast a mask colourswap!

Quick Gaming (QG)

Smash Lord

Even if it was that easy, the sheer quantity of turtles would take up a lot of time.
But they use pretty much the same models and skeletons, they’re not echo fighters but they’d still be much easier to add than Shredder or April is the point

Top Bottom