• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Nickelodeon All-Stars Brawl General Thread - All Star Brawl 2 Available Today!

Fields - Ultimate's Great

Smash Journeyman
taking both comments into account it kind of reads like "we're not adding all 4 TMNT just because they go together......that being said I do like all 4 TMNT"

I'm paraphrasing of course but kind of comes off like that
Considering what they said about the turtles before. This gives me vibes of them having a reason to not include other chars just because say... Helga and Oblina exist. It doesn't guarantee the other monsters, Arnold, Squidward, etc.

However, the turtles are the most likely to be the exception. Easy to make and appeals to the team's blatant nostalgia.

Quick Gaming (QG)

Smash Lord
Considering what they said about the turtles before. This gives me vibes of them having a reason to not include other chars just because say... Helga and Oblina exist. It doesn't guarantee the other monsters, Arnold, Squidward, etc.

However, the turtles are the most likely to be the exception. Easy to make and appeals to the team's blatant nostalgia.
Agreed

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
I still cannot see them splitting up the turtles. It's never happened in a game before, and I doubt this'll be the one to do it.
Yeah, seriously. Even Brawlhalla of all things keeps the four in. This would basically be marketing suicide on Ludosity, Game Mill or Nick's part.

Even if they don't make it as base roster, they'd be among the first DLC.

I didnt know the two middle childs were the most popular. That is really cool. Not biased for being a middle child
Lincoln would be proud.

Last edited:

Quick Gaming (QG)

Smash Lord
Yeah. It's basically a rule that has persisted since the franchise was first created. Even other guest appearances like Brawlhalla, Smite, and Injustice 2 included all 4 of them.
I actually remember people speculating that Leo would be the playable character and the other TMNT would just be part of his moveset in Injustice 2 when they were first revealed. That was fun

Quick Gaming (QG)

Smash Lord
Apparently they said this would be the biggest assortment of Nick characters in a fighting game. Does anyone have this statement?
It’s on the game summary on the store pages. Just sounds like marketing fluff to me, since factoring in just console releases it’s technically true no matter how many characters they add

GilTheGreat19

Smash Master
Looks like a new roster leak has appeared. Take with a grain of salt my friends:
Going to assume it's fake for now but this roster makes a lot of sense (not 100% but a lot)

Phoenix Douchebag

Smash Lord
Looks like a new roster leak has appeared. Take with a grain of salt my friends:
Going to assume it's fake for now but this roster makes a lot of sense (not 100% but a lot)

The good thing about the dev team is that they are far more open and not secretive about every detail, so if this is fake they will squander it in attoseconds. So no Leak Drama for this game!

Quick Gaming (QG)

Smash Lord

Is that the Reddit one? Cause it didn’t even spell Daggett right

Quick Gaming (QG)

Smash Lord
...Except that we'd still be at square one, again. We wouldn't be any closer to knowing any further news prior to the Fall 2021 release until some random video or the Direct drops.

wouldn't it be wild if the final Smash Ultimate character and a NickBrawl reveal happened in the same direct but the NickBrawl reveal ended up being better received lol

FreeFox

Smash Lord

Lets see. So the beavers would be a duo character? We got some nice characters available. I wouldnt say any franchise has been overrepresented. And there is some good variety. I wouldnt be completely sad with this roster though the loss of Donnie would be a sad situation. Well, I suppose its time to wait and see.

Last edited:

ivanlerma

Smash Champion

This one does seem believable, The absence of Donnie & Raph is the only thing i'm pretty worried about since everyone seems to believe they'd have the full package even though Nick Super Brawl Universe didn't include all of them and yet nobody knows it.

Timmy missing is...not surprising considering he wasn't in the racing game.

But I'm surprised Garfield wasn't on here, maybe nick didn't consider him to the team.

Last edited:

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend

Anyone kind enough to summarize the leak for this poor lazy soul?

CapitaineCrash

Smash Champion
Thank you!

Selection's good but the quantity leaves a lot to be desired if that's the full roster.
The leak say that it's the full roster, which would make a 25 characters roster.

The leak also stated that a trailer will drop on August 9th or 10th, so we will know soon if it's real or not.

Here's a screenshot for those who don't want to watch 10 minutes of clickbait stuff.

Screenshot_20210801-083157.jpg

Last edited:

Sammerbro44

Smash Apprentice
  • It does seem a bit weird that this person knows the full roster, but not the exact day when we'll get the next trailer.
  • If the box art will be revealed with the trailer, we should expect to see all of the unannounced characters in the next trailer. Otherwise this rumor is bupkis
  • THE ANGRY BEAVERS!! YES!! This alone makes me really want this rumor to be true.
  • Mr. Krabs over Squidward? I mean, I personally want Mr. Krabs over Squidward myself, but that seems a bit jarring. Maybe Nick thought that since Squidward was in the kart racer, they would give Mr. Krabs time to shine?
  • The Shredder being the only villain on the roster is sad to me, but it would open the gates to more villains being added in future updates.
  • Would have liked Katara or Toph before Zuko, but I'm certainly not complaining about his possible inclusion.
  • "I can't reveal who I got this leak from..." How convenient.
Personally, I'm not gonna believe that this rumor is true. However, if this rumor is true, then I think that this would be a pretty solid roster of characters for this game. Overall, I'm just gonna wait till next week to see if we hear anything about a new trailer.

CapitaineCrash

Smash Champion
  • It does seem a bit weird that this person knows the full roster, but not the exact day when we'll get the next trailer.
  • If the box art will be revealed with the trailer, we should expect to see all of the unannounced characters in the next trailer. Otherwise this rumor is bupkis
  • THE ANGRY BEAVERS!! YES!! This alone makes me really want this rumor to be true.
  • Mr. Krabs over Squidward? I mean, I personally want Mr. Krabs over Squidward myself, but that seems a bit jarring. Maybe Nick thought that since Squidward was in the kart racer, they would give Mr. Krabs time to shine?
  • The Shredder being the only villain on the roster is sad to me, but it would open the gates to more villains being added in future updates.
  • Would have liked Katara or Toph before Zuko, but I'm certainly not complaining about his possible inclusion.
  • "I can't reveal who I got this leak from..." How convenient.
Personally, I'm not gonna believe that this rumor is true. However, if this rumor is true, then I think that this would be a pretty solid roster of characters for this game. Overall, I'm just gonna wait till next week to see if we hear anything about a new trailer.

About Mr. Krabs, I don't think it's really a huge stretch that he could be in without Squidward. I mean, we already have Helga without Arnold and Reptar without the Rugrats themselves. It seems that they took less popular pick if the character do fight in his series or make more sense for the dev. Also, Nick didn't choose the roster, so it might just be simply biais from the dev who like more Krabs and didn't want more than 4 Spongebob characters.

dlewis53

Smash Lord
So quick question:

Does anyone know if the song from the reveal trailer was an already existing song or one that was made up for the trailer? And if it's the former, does anyone know the name of the song and by whom?

Because I've been re-watching the trailer recently, and the song's been growing on me.

ivanlerma

Smash Champion
About Mr. Krabs, I don't think it's really a huge stretch that he could be in without Squidward. I mean, we already have Helga without Arnold and Reptar without the Rugrats themselves. It seems that they took less popular pick if the character do fight in his series or make more sense for the dev. Also, Nick didn't choose the roster, so it might just be simply biais from the dev who like more Krabs and didn't want more than 4 Spongebob characters.
Though i have to admit, i honestly hoped for krabs to be a fighter just so i can hear the "Mr. Squidward, I'D KICK YOUR" joke on random funny moments of the game.

FreeFox

Smash Lord
In regards to Mr. Krabs over Squidward, it could also be for gameplay variety. I imagine Mr. Krabs would be a heavyweight and the roster is currently lacking in that department
Yeah, I think if this list is real, they picked characters based on potential moveset.

And even if it is not real, I would still bet on it. We have characters like Reptar, Helga and Nigel. I think they not only want iconic and nostalgic but also variety.

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
Yeah, seriously. Even Brawlhalla of all things keeps the four in. This would basically be marketing suicide on Ludosity, Game Mill or Nick's part.
Doesn't Brawlhalla only use skins of majority of the third party characters it adds, anyway? Lara Croft, Adventure Time... aren't they just alts of other characters?

I am just hoping for some slime action of some sort. Whether its a mode, a mini game or an item.
I have stated before- I expect it to be a likely main gimmick.
The good thing about the dev team is that they are far more open and not secretive about every detail, so if this is fake they will squander it in attoseconds. So no Leak Drama for this game!
I mean... not really. They will say one thing and then completely contradict it.
When they announced no Alex Mack, they said something along the lines of, "We got most of what we wanted." Not long later, they said, "Nick chose the picks, if we did, boy would there be some picks."

Last edited:
Top Bottom