• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Nickelodeon All-Stars Brawl General Thread - All Star Brawl 2 Available Today!

RGFS

Smash Journeyman
I think a lot of people loved the sitcom stuff to the point it'd be positively received, only issues are actor likeness which probably shuts the entire idea doen and Drake and Josh being very unfortunate if they happened now. My favourites were Kenan and Kel, the aforementioned Drake and Josh and iCarly. I know Zoey 101 and Victorious were especislly popular too
I think that's very fair. Though Nick has put all these actors in very cheap, shovelware titles over the years so it's likely not too hard to get the likeness. They're not S-list actors.

iCarly got a revival on Paramount so I could see her being playable. She was even in a cheap racing game with Spencer if my mind isn't imagining things. I bet even someone who hasn't returned like Gibby's actor wouldn't pass up the chance to be playable in a video game... You could also make a moveset for Carly or Spencer with the intro alone.

Kenan and Kel would be super interesting and iconic. Probably the first choice I'd go with even if they're not my favorite.

The stuff with Drake and Josh... sucks since I love that show and it still holds up IMO. I'd be super down with recasting Drake Parker in this game and still bringing back Josh Peck. The new Drake Parker would still act and look a decent amount like Drake Parker but he wouldn't have the association with someone as terrible as Jared Bell. It wouldn't be too hard to find a replacement. They have sooo much moveset potential too!:

The show is still so good going back to it that I do like the idea of seeing them both in the game fighting cartoon characters... even if it takes a recast. Especially with a moveset like that. It's unlikely but I guess it's my pie in the sky pick. Such a replacement could also revive talks for a revival if the new Drake Parker is received well. They're certainly not getting Jared Bell to play old Timmy in that Fairly OddParents reboot lol.

RGFS

Smash Journeyman
Having random side characters like Powdered Toast Man be playable in this has got me thinking.

What if we got Jet Fusion as the closest thing to having James Bond in Melee?
View attachment 323350
I've always preferred Ultra Lord... but as a third JN character. The second one should be Hugh IMO.

Sammerbro44

Smash Apprentice
I feel a reason they could be saving Garfield for later is because a lot of people aren't aware of the acquistion yet. I don't believe any Garfield stuff has aired on Nick yet, even in reruns or movies.
Actually, if I remember correctly, this really old Garfield cartoon did air on Nickelodeon for some time. I think it was called "Garfield and Pals" or something along those lines

ChunkySlugger72

Smash Lord
Not to mention they still show the late 80's/90's cartoon "Garfield & Friends" on "Boomerang" which is Cartoon Network's sibling channel during graveyard hours and oddly enough still use the 3D Garfield from the somewhat more recent, But already ended cartoon occasionally in a single bumper/promo despite Viacom/Nick acquiring the IP nearly 2 years ago.

Last edited:

ChunkySlugger72

Smash Lord
The Garfield Viacom/Nickelodeon acquisition does makes sense and doesn't seem "Off" seeing how the Late 80's/90's show "Garfield and Friends" cartoon show actually debuted on CBS and later appeared on Nickelodeon too which are both under parent company Viacom so there definitely is history between the two.

Plus I think Garfield is a great fit and makes a great addition to Nickelodeon/Nicktoons lineup.

I remember watching the cartoon sometimes when I was a kid and definitely remember that catchy theme.

Last edited:

Phoenix Douchebag

Smash Lord
Not to mention they still show the 90's cartoon "Garfield & Friends" on "Boomerang" which is Cartoon Network's sibling channel during graveyard hours and oddly enough still use the 3D Garfield from the somewhat more recent, But already ended cartoon occasionally in a single bumper/promo despite Viacom/Nick acquiring the IP nearly 2 years ago.
Garfield, the Banjo-Kazooie of Nick and Cartoon Network.

Do you all remember there is a SmashBoards version of Nickelodeon: All Stars Brawl open as well.

Oh man, can i make a Shredder or Jorgen thread in the character thread?

If so, i guess it's time for a new thread.

ChunkySlugger72

Smash Lord
Garfield, the Banjo-Kazooie of Nick and Cartoon
I'd say Doug is moreso the Banjo in this game
Not a bad comparison, But I agree Doug feels more like the "Banjo-Kazooie" of this game in terms of rights.

Doug was one of the 1st original Nicktoons of the first era back in the early 90's alongside "Ren & Stimpy" and "Rugrats", But apparently the creator had a deal in place for 5 seasons and if Viacom/Nickelodeon didn't complete the contract, The creator can retain the rights to the show and take it to another network, The show only reached 4 seasons and when Viacom/Nick declined the show so it moved over to ABC who was shorty bought out by Disney and acquired Doug IP and it's TV Production company (Jumbo Pictures) in the process.

Despite the buyout, Apparently Viacom/Nickelodeon still have the TV airing rights to the 1st 4 seasons which probably explains why they still air it on "TeenNick/NickRewind" and Paramount +.

Definitely sounds like a somewhat similar situation, But unlike Banjo-Kazooie I doubt Doug makes the final cut.

Last edited:

Peepo T. Skeleton

Smash Ace
Exactly 9.7 inches away from your current location
The Garfield Viacom/Nickelodeon acquisition does makes sense and doesn't seem "Off" seeing how the Late 80's/90's show "Garfield and Friends" cartoon show actually debuted on CBS and later appeared on Nickelodeon too which are both under parent company Viacom so there definitely is history between the two.

Plus I think Garfield is a great fit and makes a great addition to Nickelodeon/Nicktoons lineup.

I remember watching the cartoon sometimes when I was a kid and definitely remember that catchy theme.

That just brought back memories of me watching this on a dinky little CRT TV at like 10 PM in 2006.

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
Weird to think he was bought by Nick just 10 years after the TMNT were aquired.

Does this mean that by 2029 we will see another franchise purchase by Nick?
Ideas: Carebears, My Little Pony, Strawbery Shortcake... since the theme is 80s
Would be cool if it ended up being Looney Toons, Hannah Barbara, etc

Fun fact- the only three media franchises that are/ could be in this game that are bigger (higher grossing) than Winx, are TMNT, Spongebob, and Avatar.

I'm not sure how "funny step brother" or "girl who make video blog" can really make a good fighting game moveset.
Give her the moveset you would give Rabbid Peach.

I could see there being two more trailers if they make them one per month, personally. And I do think that if any property were to get a standalone trailer, it would be Avatar.
As far as I know, Avatar is the only Nicktoon (ever?) with an entire studio dedicated, solely, to the growth of its own world. Avatar deserves 10 characters- change my mind.

Last edited:

ChunkySlugger72

Smash Lord
Weird to think he was bought by Nick just 10 years after the TMNT were aquired.

Does this mean that by 2029 we will see another franchise purchase by Nick?
Would be cool if it ended up being Looney Toons, Hannah Barbara, etc
In 2029 or sometime in the future, Warner Bros and Viacom are gonna merge into a super massive powerhouse with the goal of taking down Disney.

Would absolutely be mind blowing and jaw dropping to see the entirety of the Cartoon Network and Nickelodeon properties under one company umbrella.

Last edited:

RGFS

Smash Journeyman
I'm surprised that Lincoln is a fighter in this game despise being a normal human child.

He's like, going up against a sponge, a ghost boy, freaking Reptar, an evil alien, turtles that are ninjas and a boy who can manipulate and bend elemental powers.

I'm impressed.
Spongebob is just a sponge. He's got cartoon logic to help him but so does that kid. In the world of platform fighters, characters can take a ton of punishment and gain the ability of multiple jumps and a magic shield. Anyone could theoretically stand a chance.

The same goes for liveaction characters, they'd be powered up and have the ability to have way more items and objects than usual on them to attack.

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
Having random side characters like Powdered Toast Man be playable in this has got me thinking.

What if we got Jet Fusion as the closest thing to having James Bond in Melee?
View attachment 323350
Man I just remembered that Nickelodeon made a HUGE deal out of the Jet Fusion episode for whatever reason. It got three tie-in games made (one for consoles, one for GBA, one for nick.com), and cheat codes for the nick.com one were bundled into tie-in toys at Wendy's.

Last edited:

RingJ5

Smash Ace
Huh. After being extremely underwhelmed by the last… I don’t know, seven DLC, who would’ve guessed that this of all things is what ends up getting me back to Smashboards.

I actually agree with the sentiment that the single-player offering in Ultimate is lacking. “Hey, remember stickers? Well, now they’re everything! Stickers. You win fights, you get stickers that let you win more fights to get more stickers and- wait, what do you mean you never cared for the customization? Well, er, we have Classic… and a gimped Multi-Man Smash that we sort of crushed All-Star into. …Home Run Contest?”

Honestly, if Brawl’s single-player content ends up being even remotely in the vein of Slap City’s, which was basically Melee Adventure Mode with custom text-based stories and fights for each character in between, then I’ll be satisfied, especially since there’s no custom moves.

That’s besides the main point of my post, though. I’ve been doing as meticulous of research into this game as possible, and I’ve arrived at something I’m calling the 28 Theory.

Recently, the Target listing updated, adding a description that confirms two things.
First, that Avatar will get character representation. We knew that already, of course, however it’s the second of the two that’s far more interesting.

The start of the description uses surprisingly careful verbiage to claim All-Star Brawl as, to quote the description exactly, “The Largest Collection of Nickelodeon Characters Ever Assembled In a Fighting Game!”

This would specifically imply two things:

1. There are other Nickelodeon fighting games, all having smaller casts than this. This is true, as “Nick Brawl” is a long-running series that started as a series of flash games and ended up with this game’s predecessor, Nick Super Brawl Universe, which had exactly 27 unique individual fighters, not counting a bunch of costume alts treated separately.

2. A different, non-fighting game crossover has more characters, otherwise the “fighting” specification would be redundant. This is also true. The previous Gamemill game, Kart Grand Prix has 30, the most individual playable characters of a Nickelodeon crossover by far.

Going by this statement, the logical conclusion is that the game has more than 27, and less than 30.

Now, there’s always a chance it could have 29, however 28 is already surprisingly relevant in a fun way, considering everything officially revealed so far.

I always thought it was somewhat weird that the initial trailer had 14 characters. Not 12 or 16 to make it divisible by 4, instead they specifically had 14 and left a character out of half of the groups.

However, I looked over it again, and noticed something: The trailer goes out of its way to also show the exact same number of stages as it does characters, 14 each. What are the odds that the initial trailer was neatly set up to show off exactly half the game, with the other half either announced later or… up to us to find out?

See, there’s another specific number that has caused a lot of fretting around social media: 20. The idea that once we know everyone on the box, we’ll have the entire base roster locked down, no more new surprises until potential DLC.

Press info for this game has also specifically used 20 before as the number of individual stages, while the site says more than 20. How can those two things be correct at the same time? Easy.

My conclusion is that ASB’s base default roster is 20 characters and stages, with an additional eight of each for the player to unlock.

Such a lineup would be the most characters in a Nick fighter while not being the most ever in a Nick game, exactly as the description states.

Also, one other thing: A minute into the trailer, when GIR runs across the screen, there is what genuinely sounds like a voice effect. Easier to hear on the weirdly-mixed JB Hi-Fi upload, though once you catch it you can easily go back to the others and compare the audio.

Last edited:

ProfPeanut

Smash Ace
looks into Smashboards for literally one second

Does this thread really need to exist? Because if there's one thing that Nickelodeon All-Stars Brawl could do without, it's a toxic speculation scene that'll work itself up and get upset once its most anticipated characters are deconfirmed.

EDIT: I mean, I like what I just read in the post above this one. I just don't really think heavy speculation is a habit that should be encouraged.

Last edited:
Top Bottom