• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Nickelodeon All-Stars Brawl General Thread - All Star Brawl 2 Available Today!

Quick Gaming (QG)

Smash Lord
I mean, we know for a fact from the boxart Aang, Korra, Ren, Stimpy, what seems to be live action Dora, CatDog, and maybe Krumm on the box art. Krumm is the most awkward to see but the rest are all clearly there. That already brings the roster up to 20, or 19 if Ren and Stimpy are a team character.

I would say expecting at least 25 characters seems like a safe bet. If I had to name names, I would say Donnie, Raph, Arnold, Rocko, Ronnie Anne, another spongebob rep,and Garfield are the safe bets. I also am personally betting on Jimmy Neutron and Jenny XJ9 as well, which would make us at around 29 ish characters. Which to me seems like a healthy amount to expect.

FOP is weird and I could see it getting vetoed by nick because they are rebooting it, I don’t think Timmy is in the reboot iirc. I could see Timmy being a popular dlc candidate if the game does well, which given the hype I think it will certainly make a profit and succeed if it is good.
I refuse to believe that's Krumm, that part of him is his hand holding his eye, not a foot. There's definitely a character there but it ain't that and it certainly wouldn't be up close on the boxart like that if it was someone like Krumm

GothicSlenderman

Smash Journeyman

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
Since I know very little of Nickelodeon are there any shows with actual plots, something like Avatar for example, which is one of the like 6-ish nickelodeon shows i've watched.
If you're looking for a show on Nickelodeon that is as good as Avatar, your only option is Korra.

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
this is Back at the Barnyard erasure
Is that a show, or is them fightin' herds?

EDIT: Wikipedia says it is. I cannot imagine it being as good as Avatar- because, quite honestly, that kind of world building, alongside continual work, is not easy to achieve, nor all that prevalent, despite many companies trying to make it so.

That said, BatB has a character named 'Abby the Cow,' wherein other cows just seem to have a name.

So... I'm all for it.

In hindsight, putting the unrevealed characters in silhouette on the teaser box art was probably a bad idea as cartoon characters are univerally designed to be recognisable in silhouette and from a distance.
Except that it got even more speculation running than just knowing more characters are coming. We know the box art doesn't include everyone (or that there are some we just cannot makeout), so I think it has served a great purpose.

Last edited:

Hinata

Never forget, a believing heart is your magic.
Premium
Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
POV: The next Nick All-Stars Brawl trailer comes out, and it's primed to reveal who the next character pick is. The trailer is completely ambiguous about who it is, and just when the silhouette of a fighter lands on stage, ready for the reveal...

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
I am so beyond sick of Fire Emblem being the punching bag of the Smash community. It's an amazing franchise that doesn't deserve the attitude.
And its best selling game has only just over 3 million sales, with four versions of a single character, and three characters from a game that sold only 2 million.
So, at some point, it isn't about FE as much as what they did with the series.
The disdain doesn't have to do with the series, as much as its unquestionable favortism.

EDIT: Particularly compared to the neglect of other genres, series, and memorable characters.

Last edited:

Peepo T. Skeleton

Smash Ace
Exactly 9.7 inches away from your current location
POV: The next Nick All-Stars Brawl trailer comes out, and it's primed to reveal who the next character pick is. The trailer is completely ambiguous about who it is, and just when the silhouette of a fighter lands on stage, ready for the reveal...

Plot twist: The interrupted reveal was for Dr. Pig
982.png

Sammerbro44

Smash Apprentice
So, I've been looking at the box art for the longest time, trying to figure out who the heck could be above dog from catdog in the bottom right corner. I've heard people say it's Krumm from Aaah! Real Monsters, but that just doesn't sit right with me. The silhouette seems slightly off for it to be Krumm. Call me crazy, but I'm really tempted to say that that's Angelica from Rugrats. The protruding end could be one of her ponytails and it looks like the ovalness of her head could be made out if you look at it real hard.

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
So, I've been looking at the box art for the longest time, trying to figure out who the heck could be above dog from catdog in the bottom right corner. I've heard people say it's Krumm from Aaah! Real Monsters, but that just doesn't sit right with me. The silhouette seems slightly off for it to be Krumm. Call me crazy, but I'm really tempted to say that that's Angelica from Rugrats. The protruding end could be one of her ponytails and it looks like the ovalness of her head could be made out if you look at it real hard.

Can't see it - can you try to draw an outline of her?

I've mentioned this earlier on the thread, but the Switch box has a bit slightly resembling Timmy which isn't on the other boxes

Last edited:

Phoenix Douchebag

Smash Lord
Is there a Nickelodeon crossover game that didn't have all 4 turtles playable in it? It would just feel incredibly weird not to have all of them playable in NASB.
It's like a rule that in every TMNT game, all the turtles are playable. It's been that way since the NES all the way to current game. I can't name a single TMNT game where less than 4 are playable.

View attachment 322862 from when someone on Discord asked if we were getting more Loud House characters
It's kinda funny how FE's reputation of beign Sakurai's spoiled child has glossed over onto other franchises as jokes and memes. Seeing how much favoritism FE has gotten though, its reputation its well deserved (quality of the characters and and franchise itself notwithstanding)

Then again, the TMNT are gonna probably be our 4 Marths, since they share the same model, and will have a large overlap in moves, since in most Konami games they play very similarily (and its clear they are using Konami's games as an inspiration for their movesets)

CapitaineCrash

Smash Champion
Was it confirmed if we could have Nick jr character or not? I feel like some of them are so popular that it would make sense (like Paw patrol which is very huge right now or Paddington and Peppa pig are fairly popular), but I'm not sure if they would allow them to fight. What do you guys think? If Dora is indeed on the boxart I feel like Paw patrol isn't a huge stretch.

Quick Gaming (QG)

Smash Lord
Was it confirmed if we could have Nick jr character or not? I feel like some of them are so popular that it would make sense (like Paw patrol which is very huge right now or Paddington and Peppa pig are fairly popular), but I'm not sure if they would allow them to fight. What do you guys think? If Dora is indeed on the boxart I feel like Paw patrol isn't a huge stretch.
It’s not confirmed either way at the moment but Paw Patrol in particular is acquired programming from Canada (similar to how Total Drama is acquired programming for Cartoon Network) so I’m not sure it’d even be eligible if we could get Nick Jr reps

Though I’d love to see them

Top Bottom