• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Nickelodeon All-Stars Brawl General Thread - All Star Brawl 2 Available Today!

RileyXY1

Smash Hero
I think I never got past the tutorial and it was long ago so I guess I could be wrong - but I remember it just being swiping the screen to do punches or blocks and having a button that makes you do a more powerful punch.
The game has special moves that you can execute by filling a charge meter.

Phoenix Douchebag

Smash Lord
No wonder this is news to me. So I would've seen a Nelvana logo at the end of FOP episodes if I was in, say, the UK?
As someone who lived in Chile, distinctly remember seeing the end Credits of FoP always end with the Nelvana logo, so yeah. You can see it here.

Also fun fact, Fairy Odd Parents was aired on Fox Kids/Jetix/Disney XD on tandem with Nickelodeon. Jetix had Seasons 1 to 5 (the first 69 episodes, Nice) while Nick would carry on from Mid Season 5 onward.

Although i should mention that we did get the Jimmy/Timmy Crossovers in Latam aired on Nick, albeit this mean this basically was a Jetix/Nickelodeon Crossover by complete accident, since the show was still airing on Jetix, even after Nick got the rights for the later seasons. They milked those early show airings for years, alongside Pucca and Power Rangers.

Wierder still is that by 1996, YEARS before FoP came into existence, Nickelodeon was already a thing in Latinamerica. and yet the most popular Nicktoon after Spongebob during the 2000s wasn't aired in Nickelodeon until years later, which is made even MORE ironic as FoP was one of the most popular Cartoons in Latinamerica thanks to its Superlative dubbing, meaning that Jetix essentially aired the entire Golden Age of the show, while Nick got.................the rest. Yeah, to this day i don't think i have ever seen a pre-Season 6 episode on Nick Latam and probably the execs at Nick are kicking themselves in the foot to this day.

Could you imagine if they did the same mistake with say, Spongebob Squarepants?

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
As someone who lived in Chile, distinctly remember seeing the end Credits of FoP always end with the Nelvana logo, so yeah. You can see it here.

Also fun fact, Fairy Odd Parents was aired on Fox Kids/Jetix/Disney XD on tandem with Nickelodeon. Jetix had Seasons 1 to 5 (the first 69 episodes, Nice) while Nick would carry on from Mid Season 5 onward.

Although i should mention that we did get the Jimmy/Timmy Crossovers in Latam aired on Nick, albeit this mean this basically was a Jetix/Nickelodeon Crossover by complete accident, since the show was still airing on Jetix, even after Nick got the rights for the later seasons. They milked those early show airings for years, alongside Pucca and Power Rangers.

Wierder still is that by 1996, YEARS before FoP came into existence, Nickelodeon was already a thing in Latinamerica. and yet the most popular Nicktoon after Spongebob during the 2000s wasn't aired in Nickelodeon until years later, which is made even MORE ironic as FoP was one of the most popular Cartoons in Latinamerica thanks to its Superlative dubbing, meaning that Jetix essentially aired the entire Golden Age of the show, while Nick got.................the rest. Yeah, to this day i don't think i have ever seen a pre-Season 6 episode on Nick Latam and probably the execs at Nick are kicking themselves in the foot to this day.

Could you imagine if they did the same mistake with say, Spongebob Squarepants?
Isn't there a country where FoP aired on Nick, Disney and CN in tandem at some point? I'm sure I read a YouTube comment about that once.

No wonder this is news to me. So I would've seen a Nelvana logo at the end of FOP episodes if I was in, say, the UK?
As someone in the UK, I can confirm. Though, FoP did still exclusively air on Nick over here.

Last edited:

Phoenix Douchebag

Smash Lord
I have never heard of FoP in CN. Here in Latam we got it on Disney and Nick, but a Nicktoon on CN sounds like a warcrime to me.

Then again, CN did aired The Simpsons on the Phillipines, so nothing is impossible at this point. Which becomes even MORE surreal once you realize that The Simpsons are now owned by Disney.

Hell, CN US aired the Simpsons. Namely the Tracey Ullman Shorts, in a marathon Called "Greatest Cartoon Countdown" back in 1999.

Also regarding Nelvana, they have FAR more of a presence than people give it credit for, as they basically are one of the biggest cartoon distributors worldwide. They also distributed shows like the 1992's Adventures of TinTin, which aired in CN here in Latinamerica, and CLAMP's Cardcaptor Sakura, but censored to hell and back and renamed to Cardcaptors in the US in order to appeal to boys (thankfully, here in Latam we got Cardcaptor Sakura uncensored and pretty faithful to its japanese material, and was far more popular here than in the US, and is seen as the Magical Girl referendum alongside Sailor Moon) So it's fair to say if you have seen a foreign cartoon in your country, chances are it was distributed by Nelvana. they also co-produced Clone High.

Also they planned on making a Doctor Who cartoon, but it was scrapped.

But im getting off topic here.

I didn't know this happened in the Loud House show:
View attachment 323800
(That was from the short, Slice of Life at the very start of said show)
Where's the Sword though?

You can't have an Anime Smash character without swords.

Peepo T. Skeleton

Smash Ace
Exactly 9.7 inches away from your current location
If we're talking Smash cliches, I can't wait for at least three more Loud House-verse characters to be added so it gets labelled the FE of this game. Especially since Ronnie-Anne got her own show.
Tbh the Turtles might end up being a closer comparison, given that they all have similar appearances and will more than likely share some moves with one another.

Then again they'll probably avoid the stigma entirely because basically everyone considers them inseparable.

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
Just want to clarify something, I actually do believe FoP was aired on other channels alongside Nick in the UK, specifically CBBC. A lot of the Nick, Disney, and CN libraries were licensed out to the freeview channels (CBBC and CITV) at the time - which led to SpongeBob and Phineas & Ferb sharing a channel at one point IIRC, and CN does still let some of their shows air on CITV.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Tbh the Turtles might end up being a closer comparison, given that they all have similar appearances and will more than likely share some moves with one another.

Then again they'll probably avoid the stigma entirely because basically everyone considers them inseparable.
Yeah, it's the main reason why only having two turtles would be seen as weird. Even Injustice 2 made sure to have the quartet.

Sonsa

Smash Champion
Yo! I'm so hyped for this game! Seeing what the developers have shared just looks like another good sign after another! I'm already set with maining Sandy but I do feel I really need Jenny, but I'm not too worried, I hope I'm not acting entitled, but she just seems like she makes sense and I think she's probably coming.

But anyway, is my mind playing tricks on me or does Patrick say "ow" in the last gameplay clip? In the trailer, there's no voices, but then at the end when Spongebob wacks him with his net at about 1:30 I keep relistening and can't not hear Patrick reacting by saying "ow".

Edit: There totally isn't an ow, it was the song saying "go" at the right time, my mind was playing tricks on me after all haha

Last edited:

Peepo T. Skeleton

Smash Ace
Yo! I'm so hyped for this game! Seeing what the developers have shared just looks like another good sign after another! I'm already set with maining Sandy but I do feel I really need Jenny, but I'm not too worried, I hope I'm not acting entitled, but she just seems like she makes sense and I think she's probably coming.

But anyway, is my mind playing tricks on me or does Patrick say "ow" in the last gameplay clip? In the trailer, there's no voices, but then at the end when Spongebob wacks him with his net at about 1:30 I keep relistening and can't not hear Patrick reacting by saying "ow".
I can't really hear it. Do you think what you're hearing is the word "go" from the song that's playing?

Side note, does anyone know what the song they used in the trailer is called? I tried Shazam-ing it and nothing came up.

Last edited:

Sonsa

Smash Champion
I can't really hear it. Do you think what you're hearing is the word "go" from the song that's playing?

Side note, does anyone know what the song they used in the trailer is called? I tried Shazam-ing it and nothing came up.
Oh gosh you're totally right, woah. Yeah, my bad, my mind was totally playing tricks on me after all, I listened over and over and couldn't hear it and then trying after reading this yeah I don't hear it. But now I can turn it off and on, so weird how things work like that. I guess I was tuning certain things out, I was just rewatching too, I wasn't even going in expecting or trying to hear voicelines but I guess it's still a subconsious thing of hearing what you wanna hear or something! Anyway, no clue what the songs called and no clue on assist trophies! I'd think they'd want to show items and assists right off the bat so I'm getting the vibe that there's no items in this, but there still could be, guess we'll see!

Quick Gaming (QG)

Smash Lord

couldn't get it to show up on Sha-Zam? My guess is it's an original song then, the Kart Racers from GameMill had OST's too. Lowkey hoping it's the main theme cause it's a bop

CapitaineCrash

Smash Champion
I think the game could have items even if there wasn't in the first trailer. At this point it's pretty much a staple of platform fighters, and while the game is probably going to have some more technical stuff, it's still a platform fighting game with cartoon character, so they will try to sell the games to kids too, and having items is great for younger player. But if items aren't showcase in the next trailer I'm probably going to assume there's actually none, I don't think they would hold on that for very long.

And on the topic of voice line, I really hope they will do something and not messed this up. I know that some of the character voice actor would be very hard to deal with (some of them like Oblina and Powdered toast man original actor are dead). At the very least I hope they can reuse voice line from the show or other Nick games, because I can't see myself playing a fighting game with no voice at all. Honestly I'd even take grunts and other small sound instead of just nothing. It's possible that the game does have voice and they removed them for the trailer because they wanted only one trailer for everyone (and not like a English trailer, a French trailer etc.), but I hope the dev will confirm soon something on that topic.

FreeFox

Smash Lord
I think the game could have items even if there wasn't in the first trailer. At this point it's pretty much a staple of platform fighters, and while the game is probably going to have some more technical stuff, it's still a platform fighting game with cartoon character, so they will try to sell the games to kids too, and having items is great for younger player. But if items aren't showcase in the next trailer I'm probably going to assume there's actually none, I don't think they would hold on that for very long.

And on the topic of voice line, I really hope they will do something and not messed this up. I know that some of the character voice actor would be very hard to deal with (some of them like Oblina and Powdered toast man original actor are dead). At the very least I hope they can reuse voice line from the show or other Nick games, because I can't see myself playing a fighting game with no voice at all. Honestly I'd even take grunts and other small sound instead of just nothing. It's possible that the game does have voice and they removed them for the trailer because they wanted only one trailer for everyone (and not like a English trailer, a French trailer etc.), but I hope the dev will confirm soon something on that topic.
My guess is that the slime, and food at the end of the trailer will be items.

Quick Gaming (QG)

Smash Lord

I'm not expecting voices personally, but I think it's worth mentioning the trailer also showcased an early build of the game and I imagine voice lines would be one of the last things added in, so they could show up later. If they're not in the next trailer though we can probably rule them out

Last edited:

Peepo T. Skeleton

Smash Ace

I'm somewhat worried about the voice acting, but the trailer doesn't really increase those worries because they would probably edit it out.
It's already chaotic enough with the rapid cuts, music and in-game sounds so adding in Nigel making seal noises and Zim screaming about world domination would make it a mess.

PTM already has a replacement in Corey Burton, one of my favorite VAs. Pretty sure Oblina's only ever had one VA, but she also voiced Chuckie so they could probably get one of his replacements.

Fields - Ultimate's Great

Smash Journeyman
Honestly, I don't like the idea of one half of the turtles being the 80s and the others randomly being Rise. It's an ugly style clash for the turtle team from the same series and extra unnecessary work for 4 easy additions that can share the same model without any trouble.

Last edited:

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Honestly, I don't like the idea of one half of the turtles being the 80s and the others randomly being Rise. It's an ugly style clash for the turtle team from the same series and extra unnecessary work for 4 easy additions that can share the same model without any trouble.
What about Shredder? If for some reason the 80s version is not considered, he could at least get in as the 2003 version so that he'd fit right in with the Avatar cast.

Do you guys think we are gonna see an Assist Trophy equivalent for this game?
Probably not. At most I expect some background appearances.

rychu_supadude

Smash Journeyman
The "more surprises" line from the trailer has me fairly convinced that Nigel and Oblina aren't the last "never in a crossover before" characters. It's either that or some peeps with only one appearance like Daggett or Reggie Rocket. Everyone else will be from Kart Racers 2 with maybe one pick from Super Brawl Universe.

If Reptar does end up being the only Rugrats rep, Avatar will pick up the slack to get a SpongeBob/TMNT amount of characters. Zuko is pretty much the only unconfirmed character that I see as a lock right now, and Toph or Asami will probably be there too.

CapitaineCrash

Smash Champion
I'm not expecting voices personally, but I think it's worth mentioning the trailer also showcased an early build of the game and I imagine voice lines would be one of the last things added in, so they could show up later. If they're not in the next trailer though we can probably rule them out
That's true, the game was in development in 2020 so it was in development in the middle of the Covid pandemic. If voices was planned it was probably hard for them to do them last year so it might be add later into development.

Last edited:

HARBlNGER

Smash Apprentice
I agree, for dev time and for consistency's sake all 4 turtles need to be from the same era. But if the devs want to add more TMNT characters after the turtles I wouldn't mind having Shredder from Rise, seeing as how there's a stage from the cartoon (never watched ROTTMNT but I assume the rooftop stage is from the show). I also wouldn't mind if they added 2012 TMNT's Alopex. She would be a pretty cool addition to a fighting game, plus if there are alt colors in NASB she could easily have the original Alopex as a color.

EDIT: I just looked at RotTMNT Shredder and you know what? I'm good. I would be fine if all we got from that show was only a stage, the stage that already looks like someone tried to drink fifty shades of pink and blue paint and threw up all over the whole city. I really dislike the art direction of Rise, among many other things.

Last edited:

Papa Pope

Smash Cadet
The "more surprises" line from the trailer has me fairly convinced that Nigel and Oblina aren't the last "never in a crossover before" characters. It's either that or some peeps with only one appearance like Daggett or Reggie Rocket. Everyone else will be from Kart Racers 2 with maybe one pick from Super Brawl Universe.

If Reptar does end up being the only Rugrats rep, Avatar will pick up the slack to get a SpongeBob/TMNT amount of characters. Zuko is pretty much the only unconfirmed character that I see as a lock right now, and Toph or Asami will probably be there too.
Yeah, also I feel like Avatar will get at least one more character (hopefully Zuko) simply because Aang and Korra are both, presumably, on the box art and it would feel kinda weird to me to spoil all the characters from one of their biggest franchises. It’s kinda like how Spongebob and Patrick are on the cover but not Sandy. A weird theory I know, but it’s just a thought I had. Hopefully some Avatar dlc to.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend

I think we can get more if the game's sales wind up genuinely surprising Nick, seeing as they probably expect this game to be disposable.

dlewis53

Smash Lord
Hey, so I'm curious about something: I asked a person on Deviantart that I follow what they thought of All-Star Brawl, and they mentioned that they thought the game looked ugly, so I mentioned how apparently the trailer was of an earlier version of the game, so I was wondering if someone here can provide the source where the devs said that so I can be sure that this isn't misinformation?

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Hey, so I'm curious about something: I asked a person on Deviantart that I follow what they thought of All-Star Brawl, and they mentioned that they thought the game looked ugly, so I mentioned how apparently the trailer was of an earlier version of the game, so I was wondering if someone here can provide the source where the devs said that so I can be sure that this isn't misinformation?
No need to get a dev quote, the pics on the site make it clear, one pic I know of has Spongebob and Patrick looking significantly better

Peepo T. Skeleton

Smash Ace
No need to get a dev quote, the pics on the site make it clear, one pic I know of has Spongebob and Patrick looking significantly better
It's this one, right? Pat especially is looking way better than the trailer. If it ends up not having voice acting then at least the characters will still be expressive.
5-characters-we-want-to-see-in-nickelodeon-all-star-brawl-1000x565.jpg

Quick Gaming (QG)

Smash Lord
B0FABF9C-187D-43A0-81E3-526B223E99A0.jpeg

Here you go

SpectreJordan

Smash Lord
NNID
SpectreJordan

If anything, I’d say the Turtles’ reception may be more like the 3 Links. Idk if you can blame the devs for adding all 4 Turtles, they’re more iconic than anyone else the game will add (besides Spongebob characters).

Top Bottom