• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Nickelodeon All-Stars Brawl General Thread - All Star Brawl 2 Available Today!

dlewis53

Smash Lord
Honestly, I don't have any real problems with the likes of Jimmy, Timmy, Rocko, Tak. or whoever. As long as they're fun to play as, I don't mind them being in, same as in Smash.

The main reason why I tend to focus on Jenny a lot (aside from the insane moveset potential) is just because she represents the only one of my four favorite Nicktoons of all time (Danny Phantom, Invader Zim, Avatar, and My Life as a Teenage Robot) that isn't currently in the game, and you know, I think it'd be pretty amazing to have all four shows in a fighting game that's also not a mobile game (I'm not really a fan of mobile games, to be honest).

All that said, in general, I don't put other people down for wanting a different show and character represented, though that's probably because I can only think of like one show that's considered a Nicktoon that I legit don't like (Mr. Meaty); all others I'm neutral towards at worst.

Anyways, that's my whole stance on characters getting in.

Last edited:

Mamboo07

Smash Hero
My choice for a Jimmy Neutron stage would be having the fighters battling each other on Retroland's amusement park rides travelling through outer space.

Stage layout could change overtime from the Ferris wheel, the spinning octopus ride, the snake coaster going up and down, the Viking ship and smaller rides like Jimmy's rocket, the bat, the drill thing acting like plaforms and so much possibility.
(Something like Pokefloats from Smash)

Ze Diglett

Smash Champion
Writing Team
NNID
ZeDiglett
Instead, we have everything but Jenny, Timmy, Jimmy and Rocko (plus Garfield) being treated as expendable and not likely by detractors, as if Ludosity and Game Mill wouldn't do their damnedest to make this the most varied roster possible for a while and avoid the supposed "predictable roster with no DLC".
You can probably tell I'm a bit bitter about this. :dk:
Hey, I still think Squidward and Shredder have a good chance as DLC.
After that point, though, I would say it's a toss-up as to who they'd go for next. The "obvious picks" for DLC pretty much end with Jimmy, Jenny, Timmy, Shredder, Squidward, Garfield, and maybe Rocko IMO. (And even then, those guys would constitute a pretty good DLC lineup on their own if they decided to stop there.)

Last edited:

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Also, I wonder if anyone tried posting this in the Discord:

Hey, I still think Squidward and Shredder have a good chance as DLC.
After that point, though, I'd say it's a toss-up as to who they'd go for next. The "obvious picks" for DLC pretty much end with Jimmy, Jenny, Timmy, Squidward, Shredder, Garfield, and maybe Rocko IMO. (And even then, those guys would constitute a pretty good DLC run on their own if they decided to stop there.)
Fair, but the conversation is about the scene outside of this board.

Last edited:

amageish

Smash Master
I've never quite understood the bundles of fighters approach for speculation characters, like the "Holy Four" or what-have-you... Like, sure, I have seen some people put Banjo/Rool/Ridley/Geno on the same level, but variants with Skull Kid or Isaac or Ashley also floated around (especially during base game speculation, if that character selection doesn't giving it away)... It does really seem like it just happens so people are on a "team" when fighting about/for characters' inclusion.

Anyway, NASB and Smash speculation are in two very different places, with NASB still lacking iconic lead characters from Nick's line-up while Smash only really has nicher options (or secondary characters) for first-party characters. It's kind of hard to meaningfully compare asking for a one-off character from a Mario RPG that came out 25 years ago to the protagonist of a TV show that aired for 10 seasons over 17 years with most fans wishing it was cancelled earlier...

That said, of course, want whoever you want for both Smash and NASB! Just don't be an **** to people if it can't come to fruition in the end...

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
I've never quite understood the bundles of fighters approach for speculation characters, like the "Holy Four" or what-have-you... Like, sure, I have seen some people put Banjo/Rool/Ridley/Geno on the same level, but variants with Skull Kid or Isaac or Ashley also floated around (especially during base game speculation, if that character selection doesn't giving it away)... It does really seem like it just happens so people are on a "team" when fighting about/for characters' inclusion.

Anyway, NASB and Smash speculation are in two very different places, with NASB still lacking iconic lead characters from Nick's line-up while Smash only really has nicher options (or secondary characters) for first-party characters. It's kind of hard to meaningfully compare asking for a one-off character from a Mario RPG that came out 25 years ago to the protagonist of a TV show that aired for 10 seasons over 17 years with most fans wishing it was cancelled earlier...

That said, of course, want whoever you want for both Smash and NASB! Just don't be an **** to people if it can't come to fruition in the end...
People just tend to be narrow-minded in general, especially if anything outside of their reference pools (shallow or otherwise) gets humored as a possibility.

As you may know by now, it's tiresome how I feel like I'm alone in being open to just about any possibility, since I'm mostly versed well enough regarding the subject matter.

Last edited:

Peepo T. Skeleton

Smash Ace
Exactly 9.7 inches away from your current location
Mind telling me where the gif is from?
It's from a super cheesy monster movie called Octaman. I learned about it through RiffTrax, which is basically this group of guys who record funny commentary that you're supposed to play over the film you're watching. They've done everything from this to Avengers: Endgame.

Ze Diglett

Smash Champion
Writing Team
NNID
ZeDiglett
Alright, place your bets now:

Who do you think we'll be getting a showcase for tomorrow?

I'm gonna say Powdered Toast Man.
Rep said the next showcase he recorded lines for after Helga would be a treat, and because of that, I'm pretty optimistic it's gonna be Powdered Toast Man. That, or maybe Nigel. (Will we finally get to see him do this with his hands?!?)

FreeFox

Smash Lord

Quick Gaming (QG)

Smash Lord

We've got a 2 for one special today!

Edit:

"Looks like Lily is itching to join the fun. Probably for the best she can't"

Well rip Rugrats fans

Last edited:

Ze Diglett

Smash Champion
Writing Team
NNID
ZeDiglett
Well, I'm certainly glad they're doing double days now. I mean, they pretty much have to if they wanna get all these showcases out before release.
I'mma be honest, these two are the only characters we've seen so far that I just don't care about. I have no exposure to The Loud House, and I'm not a big fan of how their movesets look either. Lincoln looks kinda plain to me (the top move's the only one that stands out as "wow, that's fun" to me), and while Lucy basically having an Orcane teleport in her Vampire form is fun, she does seem a little too gimmicky for my tastes. (Though I guess she does challenge CatDog as this game's "stance character".) Happy to have 'em out of the way, I guess.
And as expected, it seems like most, if not all of the non-playable Loud siblings will have cameos on The Loud House stage. RIP to the Loud House fans, I guess, but I don't think much was lost, in all honesty. We already have two, and I think that's enough.

Last edited:

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
I actually really like punching bag boy's moveset. I love how he has a pretty consistent theme of playing with toys, with a few throwbacks to the show like dirty diapers and Ace Savvy dashed in - it doesn't feel like he's pulling references out of nowhere like I feared. I absolutely take back that dumb "Lincoln is Timmy" conspiracy I was pushing before, they made him extremely unique in spite of the odds. Now to watch Lucy's showcase.

FreeFox

Smash Lord

We've got a 2 for one special today!

Edit:

"Looks like Lily is itching to join the fun. Probably for the best she can't"

Well rip Rugrats fans
Lets start with Lincoln Loud. He seems to be pretty well balanced and easy to use. He has the Ness yo yo ledge hog. His water attack is going to be annoying to deal with for some characters but at least its range is a bit lacking. Lincoln might be great at comboing the opponents. His damage might be lacking a bit but in games like this, usually being faster/ combo happy is better than being a strong hitter. I like the stage´s layout and it seems like no all of the sisters are there so we might see one as DLC.

As for Lucy, I like what they showed. I didnt expect her to have a gimmick of her own. She looks hard to master though. The "upgrades" change how her attacks work so its a more developed mechanic than what we saw with April. There is a lot of personality in her attacks and I must say that they made a great job with her. As for her stage, the gimmick is going to make me salty at some point. I can feel it.

As for what they said about Lily, yep, I agree. It seems like a nod to that.

Capybara Gaming

Just Vibing
Alright, I'm not a huge fan of the way Lincoln looks, but his stage looks incredible from a visual standpoint. Lucy on the other hand, by far is one of the characters I'm most interested in playing now. The three form system, a bunch of fun and interesting moves, and one of the best looking characters as well - not to mention I dig her stage and it's music.

So, I guess it's safe to assume double showcase uploads? I doubt it'll be this exact order or even these exact pairings but I wanted to count and see if it matches up to their release date.

Tuesday (the 28th) - Powdered Toast Man/Reptar
Wednesday (the 29th) - Zim/Oblina
Thursday (the 30th) - Nigel
Friday (the 1st) - Aang/Korra
Monday (the 4th) - Toph

Obviously these can be changed around but assuming they do at least three other double days they'll be on track to show them all off before release.

Ze Diglett

Smash Champion
Writing Team
NNID
ZeDiglett
Lets start with Lincoln Loud. He seems to be pretty well balanced and easy to use. He has the Ness yo yo ledge hog. His water attack is going to be annoying to deal with for some characters but at least its range is a bit lacking. Lincoln might be great at comboing the opponents. His damage might be lacking a bit but in games like this, usually being faster/ combo happy is better than being a strong hitter. I like the stage´s layout and it seems like no all of the sisters are there so we might see one as DLC.

As for Lucy, I like what they showed. I didnt expect her to have a gimmick of her own. She looks hard to master though. The "upgrades" change how her attacks work so its a more developed mechanic than what we saw with April. There is a lot of personality in her attacks and I must say that they made a great job with her. As for her stage, the gimmick is going to make me salty at some point. I can feel it.

As for what they said about Lily, yep, I agree. It seems like a nod to that.
I'm actually not too scared of the water gun attack. He can't move while using it and the range on that looks ABYSMAL. He'll pretty much have to catch you off guard with a ballsy jump-in or something in order to actually hit you with it. I'll be honest, when I heard Rep describe this thing as "nuts," I expected a little more.

Last edited:

TheBrainJem

Smash Hero
NNID
TheBrainJem
I think Lincoln's stage is the only one we've seen so far that has Music that sounds like actual music from the respective show (in this case sounds like a remix of the loud house theme), which while cool, is also kinda disappointing that stuff like the Spongebob stage or TMNT stages don't have theme song remixes or other songs from their respective shows.

Here's hoping that we eventually get a music overhaul patch that fixes that cus just having the loud house have that kinda sucks.

Overall though Lincoln and Lucy look ok

Last edited:

FreeFox

Smash Lord
I'm actually not too scared of the water gun attack. He can't move while using it and the range on that looks ABYSMAL. He'll pretty much have to catch you off guard with a ballsy jump-in or something in order to actually hit you with it. I'll be honest, when I heard Rep describe this thing as "nuts," I expected a little more.
Of course, though I am sure its going to be an important weapon of Lincoln against short ranged fighters. Afterall, not every character has the range of Leo and Mikey. Approaching Lincoln might be a tough proposition to some characters without using a projectile first, like Helga.

Quick Gaming (QG)

Smash Lord
apparently it's because you used to be able to go infinite with it

Capybara Gaming

Just Vibing
And as expected, it seems like most, if not all of the non-playable Loud siblings will have cameos on The Loud House stage. RIP to the Loud House fans, I guess, but I don't think much was lost, in all honesty. We already have two, and I think that's enough.
Where... are you getting this implication? In the showcase video I managed to spot

• Lily
  • Lola
  • Lynn

In a previous trailer I spotted
- Luan (in silhoutte form)

Obviously Lucy is out of that, since she's playable, but that still leaves half of the cast unaccounted for.

• Lisa
  • Lana
  • Luna
  • Leni
  • Lori

Last edited:

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
I think Lincoln's stage is the only one we've seen so far that has Music that sounds like actual music from the respective show (in this case sounds like a remix of the loud house theme), which while cool, is also kinda disappointing that stuff like the Spongebob stage or TMNT stages don't have theme song remixes or other songs from their respective shows.

Here's hoping that we eventually get a music overhaul patch that fixes that cus just having the loud house have that kinda sucks.

The Rooftops music reminds me a lot of the 80s/90s TMNT games.

ProfPeanut

Smash Ace

Personally speaking, the music on the Danny Phantom and Hey Arnold stages feel pretty close to the series they're representing. Catdog stage and Jellyfish Field come in second in that regard, since it requires a little squinting there.

It's worth noting that a cartoon's music may not necessarily use the same instruments and motifs as its intro theme, and that not every Nicktoon has an iconic musical identity (though on the other hand, you'd think the Spongebob and Avatar stages would've been easy to make identifiable tracks for).

Last edited:

Ze Diglett

Smash Champion
Writing Team
NNID
ZeDiglett
Where... are you getting this implication? In the showcase video I managed to spot

• Lily
  • Lola
  • Lynn

In a previous trailer I spotted
- Luan (in silhoutte form)

Obviously Lucy is out of that, since she's playable, but that still leaves half of the cast unaccounted for.

• Lisa
  • Lana
  • Luna
  • Leni
  • Lori
Yes, and going by the pattern, I'm expecting at least most of the others will show up as well, even if they haven't shown them yet. I don't think they would've stopped to highlight all of them in the showcase since that simply would've taken too long.

Quick Gaming (QG)

Smash Lord
Yes, and going by the pattern, I'm expecting at least most of the others will show up as well, even if they haven't shown them yet. I don't think they would've stopped to highlight all of them in the showcase since that simply would've taken too long.
Lucy's showcase is almost a minute longer than Lincoln's, they would've had time

Ze Diglett

Smash Champion
Writing Team
NNID
ZeDiglett
Lucy's showcase is almost a minute longer than Lincoln's, they would've had time
Either way, they didn't even mention any of the Loud sisters by name other than Lily. I wouldn't doubt that they just skipped over some of them for the sake of pacing.

Capybara Gaming

Just Vibing
The thing I'm getting at is those three (Lily, Lola, and Lynn) KEPT showing up, over and over. The crew might have just picked some of their favorites to highlight instead of all nine other sisters.

And honestly, rewatching that trailer, I don't actually think Luan is there - I think it's Lynn, so yeah, she's unaccounted for too. Don't just assume they're all gonna show up; not every background character has been super important to their show, they're just there to fit the stage they're on.

Luna and Luan actually have a decent amount of theoretical moveset potential, so I'd say keep an eye out for them too maybe.

Quick Gaming (QG)

Smash Lord
Either way, they didn't even mention any of the Loud sisters by name other than Lily. I wouldn't doubt that they just skipped over some of them for the sake of pacing.
I feel like if there was more than what we saw we would've seen it in the gameplay anyways. It had Lincoln's updated render from the Toph leak after all so I doubt it's that old

Top Bottom