• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Nickelodeon All-Stars Brawl General Thread - All Star Brawl 2 Available Today!

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
View attachment 331153 seems they are pretty prepared with showcases. Also my bad if someone posted this before
So, we might be expecting either:
  • 1 reveal trailer with all 3 avatar characters and 1 showcase for each.
  • 2 reveal trailers and 2 showcases
Incidentally, I was thinking earlier that we could at least get a standalone character showcase hours before the Direct airs.

Will it finally be his time?

Peepo T. Skeleton

Smash Ace
Exactly 9.7 inches away from your current location
Brawl showcases in a nutshell:

But seriously though, they're using SpongeBob a lot for these, lately.

Delightfully devilish, @GilTheGreat19 .

If you don't mind me asking, how were you able to post a 3 Megabyte gif? Whenever I try to post anything over 1 MB it says there was an error and cancels it.

Ze Diglett

Smash Champion
Writing Team
NNID
ZeDiglett
View attachment 331153 seems they are pretty prepared with showcases. Also my bad if someone posted this before
Ok, well now I'm pretty much certain we're getting three Avatar reveals in tomorrow's Direct. Granted, I was HEAVILY leaning toward that possibility to begin with, but now, I have zero doubts.

DeviousFish

Smash Apprentice
Ok, well now I'm pretty much certain we're getting three Avatar reveals in tomorrow's Direct. Granted, I was HEAVILY leaning toward that possibility to begin with, but now, I have zero doubts.
was just about to say this. It would seem really weird that today the playlist has 4 unlisted videos and yesterday had only one. I highly doubt they are 4 movesets edited and done already; well i should say one is.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
was just about to say this. It would seem really weird that today the playlist has 4 unlisted videos and yesterday had only one. I highly doubt they are 4 movesets edited and done already; well i should say one is.
Yeah, I figure that we'll see a showcase for one of the early reveals, then see the reveal trailers for the benders a few hours later.

Wigglerman

Smash Ace
I'm surprised that this is the only game to not have side specials like other fighting games.
I'm not surprised they don't, I'm more curious as to why they chose not too. Might be because of time as well. Even one more move per character might have been too much for what they had allotted to them in budget/time.

Ze Diglett

Smash Champion
Writing Team
NNID
ZeDiglett
I'm surprised that this is the only game to not have side specials like other fighting games.
Actually, that's mostly just a platform fighter thing. Most fighting games don't even have "specials" in the way platform fighters do, and they usually use inputs that are more akin to quarter circles and shoryu's than "Right+A". As for this game in particular, the devs probably thought side-input moves were extraneous when they could easily be covered by the universal category of "mids". And to be fair, giving SpongeBob a forward air along with his light and strong neutral air as-is would probably be pretty redundant. Likewise, side specials can usually be covered functionality-wise by neutral specials, especially considering most of the characters we've seen so far have projectiles mapped to neutral special. I honestly don't really know what they'd do with a "side special" in everyone's moveset, save for a "move character forward while attacking" move, which some characters have anyway.

rychu_supadude

Smash Journeyman
I'm still pretty shocked that they went with Toph over Zuko, but it's an "oh" type of shocked rather than anything bad.

The blurry leak with the suspect source actually being real does my head in a bit, it's definitely Grinch's revenge

Having less characters than expected should have clued me in with hindsight

SonicMario

Smash Master
I'm still pretty shocked that they went with Toph over Zuko, but it's an "oh" type of shocked rather than anything bad.

The blurry leak with the suspect source actually being real does my head in a bit, it's definitely Grinch's revenge

On the bright side for Zuko fans, Zuko might just be the perfect candidate should they beef Avatar further in DLC. If you take notice of what bender the characters started at. We have Air, Water, and Earth. So Fire is the only remaining element left (Though I do imagine Aang and/or Korra might have firebending moves in their moveset. Though I think it's fair to expect they'll have mainly moves based on the element they were born with). So Zuko would round out the cast nicely. Squidward, Zuko, and Shredder being DLC altogether would be some pretty nice choices.

Teeb147

Smash Legend
On the bright side for Zuko fans, Zuko might just be the perfect candidate should they beef Avatar further in DLC. If you take notice of what bender the characters started at. We have Air, Water, and Earth. So Fire is the only remaining element left (Though I do imagine Aang and/or Korra might have firebending moves in their moveset. Though I think it's fair to expect they'll have mainly moves based on the element they were born with). So Zuko would round out the cast nicely. Squidward, Zuko, and Shredder being DLC altogether would be some pretty nice choices.
That makes sense though what I thought might happen is that each move would have a different element to it. they might have a couple more moves with their native element tho.

Mamboo07

Smash Hero

Probably because she's much more popular and was pretty requested as a fighter after the Omashu stage got revealed with the whole stage theory thing.
(That was before Sandy had Glove World)

Fields - Ultimate's Great

Smash Journeyman
DoodleBob would be a lame inclusion, honestly. At least, if prioritized over Squidward, Krabs, and Plankton. I'm not interested in a variant of Spongebob.

Champion of Hyrule

Smash Master

This guy get added. Discuss
If his moveset was unique enough I would probably prefer him to more main characters tbh. Seems like a perfect “popular underdog beats out actual main characters” situation and I love those.

also G Guynamednelson if any smash character is revealed in the same direct as an NASB character the fanart in general would be amazing

Last edited:

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719

Quick Gaming (QG)

Smash Lord
I couldn't hear the video too well when I watched it (just a me thing)

Does her projectile always draw the opponent closer? That's pretty interesting if so

Top Bottom