• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Nickelodeon All-Stars Brawl General Thread - All Star Brawl 2 Available Today!

amageish

Smash Master
"We hear y'all loud and clear" is an exceptionally good sign for Jenny haha.

Beyond that, yeah, I imagine they're busy and not focusing on DLC yet! Hopefully the Day 1 Patch's development continues to go well and the final 2 characters as part of the initial support period don't leak like... so much of the roster has already.

ivanlerma

Smash Champion
I get it, I really do... "Hahaha very fresh to add quirky side character" but please, I really hope they don't do that with DLC toward unrepped shows. Sometimes the big characters bring the big bucks and appeals to more people. I really want that outcome more for DLC.
Eh, i don't think they need to continue adding more characters for previous series, some series are fine without any reps that would either wouldn't fit or aren't note worthy.

Although some series do have more characters to use think it's best to limit them a little as much as possible, Spongebob(Squidward and Mr. Krabs), TMNT(Raph and Donnie), Avatar(Zuko and....Asami), Invader Zim(GIR and Dib), Danny Phantom(Vlad and Sam), and Loud House(Luna and Lynn)

Fields - Ultimate's Great

Smash Journeyman
Eh, i don't think they need to continue adding more characters for previous series, some series are fine without any reps that would either wouldn't fit or aren't note worthy.

Although some series do have more characters to use think it's best to limit them a little as much as possible, Spongebob(Squidward and Mr. Krabs), TMNT(Raph and Donnie), Avatar(Zuko and....Asami), Invader Zim(GIR and Dib), Danny Phantom(Vlad and Sam), and Loud House(Luna and Lynn)
I was saying that I don't want them to repeat the Helga and Arnold situation with new unrepresented franchises. I don't want some crap where Crimson Chin gets in over Timmy for DLC.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
I was saying that I don't want them to repeat the Helga and Arnold situation with new unrepresented franchises. I don't want some crap where Crimson Chin gets in over Timmy for DLC.
I mean, Helga over Arnold was significantly more welreceived than what you're suggesting as Helga is more fitting than Arnold himself so I don't think this was the best comparison

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
I missed another leak?! Well, I must say I am impressed that stuff keeps leaking and yet we still dont know anything about the "unlockable content".
I wonder which move Reptar is using there. His up tilt? The start of one of hi strong moves? It cant be its taunt since we know his taunt is the cereal pose.
The unlockable content must be the most boring-arse thing ever, then. To the point that one could ask why even bother having that be unlockable when literally anything else ought to have been.

I wonder if they’ve ripped Gir out of Zim’s moveset & he’s one of the first DLCs?

Probably not… but I can dream.
Who knows, really. Right now, I just want to know if we'll hear of the first DLCs the day after the game launches or not.

Correction: He's telling Reptar to LEAVE EVERYTHING TO ME!
Glad to see I didn't need to do that first. 🤘

Yooooo. I mean sure no actual work has started on them, but it's great to hear the selection process will pretty much be the same across the board (even if it takes a bit to convince Nick about insert unused series character/unrepped niche property here).

Also, I never realized that Rep and Thaddeus were the same person all along.

I mean, Helga over Arnold was significantly more welreceived than what you're suggesting as Helga is more fitting than Arnold himself so I don't think this was the best comparison
Adding to that, I feel like in regards to TUFF Puppy, they could get away with including Kitty over Dudley and it'd go over well enough. Compared to going for a villain like Snaptrap or something like that.

In other words, a case-by-case basis as to which series it'd be appropriate to do this for.

I am going to take the second comment to mean that they are listening to fan demand towards plausible DLC picks. Time to hope for the best.
Yeah, until then I'm hoping some of the more demanded characters like Garfield get in at some point so that people can gradually actually notice less demanded characters to ask about.

Last edited:

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
By the way, for the earlier roster leak that started all this commotion, some people actually saw the evidence in the start-up screen for the XBOX Series X, when they pre-ordered the game... 👀

ok but that WOULD be kinda fun tho
I wouldn't mind having a makeshift International Justice League of Super Acquaintances, seeing as Mermaid Man's character has been officially retired anyways.

Last edited:

RileyXY1

Smash Hero

I'm not seeing any more TLH reps getting in, especially more sisters.

HARBlNGER

Smash Apprentice
Hmm well it seems that pretty much the base roaster is fully leaked. so and so being the last doesn't move me as much. I do feel like the avatar character will be the most fun to play imo. I'm aware of no gameplay yet, but there is so many possibilities with their moveset. It's unfortunate with the devs and the leaks; I can't say what effect it had on them, but must of put a lot of stress for them. As a side note the leaked splash screen art would be a good poster to hang in my room. Also another side note i do hope the devs don't have this happen with the 2 characters and any future dlc characters.
What worries me about the Avatar reps is how well animated are their moves going to be when using their bending?

LimeTH

Smash Lord
I get it, I really do... "Hahaha very fresh to add quirky side character" but please, I really hope they don't do that with DLC toward unrepped shows. Sometimes the big characters bring the big bucks and appeals to more people. I really want that outcome more for DLC.
Well why not? If a major side character makes for a more interesting inclusion, has more moveset potential or is more overall popular than the main character, why settle for the main character anyway? I actually like that they went for Nigel, Helga, Reptar and Oblina over the protagonists of said shows because those are more interesting fan favorites that lend themselves better to a fighting game. What would Eliza even do, for instance? What could Arnold have in his kit that isn't already covered by Lincoln? What Rugrats character is cooler and more well remembered than Reptar?

I do think youre overstating how "side" these characters are. Even with not being the protagonists themselves, these are all still important major characters. Hell, a case could be made that Helga is the true main character of Hey Arnold. It's not like they're putting in Fred the Fish over Squidward. They aren't going to put in the Chameleon Brothers over Rocko, or Barry the Bear over Norbert or Daggett.

If youre worried about Hugh over Jimmy, though, I wouldn't. Jimmy has much more going for him in potential moves.
Timmy isn't as sure a bet since I still think we could get the Fairies themselves instead, but who really knows.

Last edited:

Teeb147

Smash Legend

ivanlerma

Smash Champion
Well why not? If a major side character makes for a more interesting inclusion, has more moveset potential or is more overall popular than the main character, why settle for the main character anyway? I actually like that they went for Nigel, Helga, Reptar and Oblina over the protagonists of said shows because those are more interesting fan favorites that lend themselves better to a fighting game. What would Eliza even do, for instance? What could Arnold have in his kit that isn't already covered by Lincoln? What Rugrats character is cooler and more well remembered than Reptar?

I do think youre overstating how "side" these characters are. Even with not being the protagonists themselves, these are all still important major characters. Hell, a case could be made that Helga is the true main character of Hey Arnold. It's not like they're putting in Fred the Fish over Squidward. They aren't going to put in the Chameleon Brothers over Rocko, or Barry the Bear over Norbert or Daggett.

If youre worried about Hugh over Jimmy, though, I wouldn't. Jimmy has much more going for him in potential moves.
Timmy isn't as sure a bet since I still think we could get the Fairies themselves instead, but who really knows.
Isn't Oblina part of the main cast?

Also, Barry the Bear
1632236953476.png

Ooooooohhh Yeah, Baby

Last edited:

Quick Gaming (QG)

Smash Lord
Helga, Reptar, Nigel and Oblina are all more popular than the protags of their shows from what I gather while also having more moveset potential (or in Nigel's case just being a no brainer)

I don't see this kind of scenario happening with the holy 4 for example except potentially Cosmo and Wanda over Timmy, but even then I still think we'd get Timmy first

LimeTH

Smash Lord
Well "cooler" is subjective, but I'm pretty sure Angelica is more well remembered than Reptar.
Yeah, it's between those two for sure. I honestly think if we're getting another Rugrats character and it's one of the kids, then it's going to be Angelica. Tommy is just another case of talking about him because he's the main character.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Pose pose pose looks like it's gonna be kinda obnoxious to go against. Especially the aerial one.
That's where the RPS mechanic for Smash attacks comes in, so spamming while make them extra punishable
What Rugrats character is cooler and more well remembered than Reptar?
I mean, Angelica's probably one of the most iconic Nick villains. You know, for a 3 year old

CapitaineCrash

Smash Champion
Yeah, it's between those two for sure. I honestly think if we're getting another Rugrats character and it's one of the kids, then it's going to be Angelica. Tommy is just another case of talking about him because he's the main character.
My guess is that Tommy and maybe Chuckie will have cameo in the Rugrats western stage.

HARBlNGER

Smash Apprentice
Helga, Reptar, Nigel and Oblina are all more popular than the protags of their shows from what I gather while also having more moveset potential (or in Nigel's case just being a no brainer)

I don't see this kind of scenario happening with the holy 4 for example except potentially Cosmo and Wanda over Timmy, but even then I still think we'd get Timmy first
I won't argue on who's more popular between Helga and Arnold, but I hard disagree on Helga having more moveset potential than Arnold, especially after binge-watching the show 2 months ago. Arnold was way too productive in the show and movies to have a less interesting moveset than Helga.

FreeFox

Smash Lord
The unlockable content must be the most boring-arse thing ever, then. To the point that one could ask why even bother having that be unlockable when literally anything else ought to have been.
Yeah, gotta wonder what is up with that.
April moveset showcase is now up on Polygon.
So, she is kind of like Frank West. I still am unsure if there is a name for this fighter arquetype. Also, April´s down tilt still looks ridiculously strong.

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
Last edited:

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
In regards to Angelica, could she possibly be considered "acceptable" because while she is considered one of the babies, she techically isn't a baby as she's 3 in earlier seasons and I believe 4 in post-movie ones?

(Disclaimer: Please do not hit a 3 year old IRL even if it's more acceptable in video games than hitting 1 year olds)

Ze Diglett

Smash Champion
Writing Team
NNID
ZeDiglett
WHAT
POWDERED TOAST MAN has shine?! If I wasn't before, I'm DEFINITELY playing this guy now! I guess that's what this move is...

As for April, she looks... okay, I guess. Her gimmick's not really all that to me, but I usually like glass cannon type characters in games anyway, so I'll probably give her a spin once the game's out. She looks kinda like this game's Captain Falcon, only with a cheesy meter mechanic strapped on. I gotta say, if the only benefit you get from having Ratings with her is a stronger Nspecial, I'm gonna be a little disappointed.
(Also, get ready for all the day 1 April mains to be spamming her Down Strong all match only to whiff her Neutral Special at the very end. Mark my words, it's GONNA happen.)
So, she is kind of like Frank West. I still am unsure if there is a name for this fighter arquetype. Also, April´s down tilt still looks ridiculously strong.
To be fair, I imagine you can probably DI out of it and the only reason SpongeBob didn't there is because he's a literal punching bag. There's no way you can string together five Down Tilts with her on an opponent that ISN'T sedated.

Last edited:
Top Bottom