• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Nickelodeon All-Stars Brawl General Thread - All Star Brawl 2 Available Today!

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Note that I edited that post, I only searched for "norb" and "dag" in the emotes box AND THEN remembered to search for "beav" as well.

For some reason the server has several Bessie emotes as well.
I'm glad to see GoodGrief's one man crusade has now spread to discord lmao.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
One for each Beaver solo, and one of the two together.
Good enough for me, now if only there was an easier way for me to join the danged server.

He's lucky, I'm still sitting here wondering if folks will want another cat into the game.

Last edited:

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
Good enough for me, now if only there was an easier way for me to join the damned server.
Is this not easy enough or do you not have a Discord account or something?
He's lucky, I'm still sitting here wondering if folks will want another cat into the game.
Well bad news for you, there ain't any Kitty emotes on the server.

ther are two emotes each for Henry and June though...

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Is this not easy enough or do you not have a Discord account or something?

Well bad news for you, there ain't any Kitty emotes on the server.

ther are two emotes each for Henry and June though...
It expects me to enter a mobile phone number to receive a text message that grants access to the server before I can actually post things. Which would be all well and good, except that I don't use a newfangled mobile phone, just an older slider model.

Compared to that, Tribute Games' Discord was much easier to get in.

Last edited:

LimeTH

Smash Lord
I don't think that the discord emote really means something about the game characters. I mean, there's numerous Catscratch emotes and I'd be surprised if this is really a character they're considering. There's also Penguins of Madagascar emotes.
I heard somewhere that a lot of the emotes are meant to be like "consolation prizes" for characters that aren't making it in. It's possible having that many emotes could wind up being a bad sign.

Last edited:

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Okay, so what is the likelihood of us seeing the initial DLC after the game launches? With the game's momentum in popularity, I don't think they'd want to keep us hanging for long.

I heard somewhere that a lot of the emotes are meant to be like "consolation prizes" for characters that aren't making it in. It's possible having that many emotes could wind up being a bad sign.
TV Tropes doesn't seem to think that is the case, seeing as the mention for that got edited out from the game's article's trivia section by one user, claiming it as "speculation".

Well, this probably makes me feel a little better about the apparent lack of exposure, I guess.

Last edited:

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
Note that I edited that post, I only searched for "norb" and "dag" in the emotes box AND THEN remembered to search for "beav" as well.

For some reason the server has several Bessie emotes as well.

...what is this power?

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
View attachment 330926

Man, some people are very pissed off in a server that contains the developers... It seems like being nice should be an easy bar to clear.
Everyone apparently needs a mobile phone just to receive a code that grants access to the server these days. That is telling, right there.

Meanwhile, Shredder's Revenge's community is peaceful and kind. I guess having only one IP's fanbase to deal with makes all the difference.

amageish

Smash Master
Everyone apparently needs a mobile phone just to receive a code that grants access to the server these days. That is telling, right there.

Meanwhile, Shredder's Revenge's community is peaceful and kind. I guess having only one IP's fanbase to deal with makes all the difference.
Oof. Sorry to hear that...

And yeah, uh, this Discord server seems like it moves very quickly and has an unfortunate amount of people being just generically rude... Rep is personally doing a lot of the banning too, when I think he has a lot of other stuff to do with his time? Game development sounds like an intensive job on its own, before you add Discord moderation to it - especially when reading the ban-worthy remarks kind of decreases one's faith in humanity.

MarioKartRenderOwner

Smash Cadet
SmashBoards was being difficult so have this link instead NickBrawl Splash Screen Leak

There's 2 weird things that stick out to me:
1) The absence of Nigel
2) Gir being so far away from Zim
Gir being separate from Zim is weird but if we go with the theory that some characters had to be delayed to post launch maybe they just moved GIR away from Zim to fill space, doesn't explain Nigel's odd absence but eh

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Oof. Sorry to hear that...

And yeah, uh, this Discord server seems like it moves very quickly and has an unfortunate amount of people being just generically rude... Rep is personally doing a lot of the banning too, when I think he has a lot of other stuff to do with his time? Game development sounds like an intensive job on its own, before you add Discord moderation to it - especially when reading the ban-worthy remarks kind of decreases one's faith in humanity.
Don't let it get to you that much. After all, every fanbase has a part that's mean, so having them all be combined and gather in one place via one game generally has messy results.
Besides, we know damn well how that's like. :smashboards:

At any rate, the best thing to do when running a server is keeping a cool head about things.

I think Powdered Toast Man, Zim, and Danny are probably the three characters who've gotten the shortest end of the stick when it comes to coverage.
Don't forget about Oblina, too.

It would have been nice if the game's popularity boost kicked in earlier so that we don't end up possibly guessing how they play from trial by fire.

Last edited:

DeviousFish

Smash Apprentice
Hmm well it seems that pretty much the base roaster is fully leaked. so and so being the last doesn't move me as much. I do feel like the avatar character will be the most fun to play imo. I'm aware of no gameplay yet, but there is so many possibilities with their moveset. It's unfortunate with the devs and the leaks; I can't say what effect it had on them, but must of put a lot of stress for them. As a side note the leaked splash screen art would be a good poster to hang in my room. Also another side note i do hope the devs don't have this happen with the 2 characters and any future dlc characters.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Hmm well it seems that pretty much the base roaster is fully leaked. so and so being the last doesn't move me as much. I do feel like the avatar character will be the most fun to play imo. I'm aware of no gameplay yet, but there is so many possibilities with their moveset. It's unfortunate with the devs and the leaks; I can't say what effect it had on them, but must of put a lot of stress for them. As a side note the leaked splash screen art would be a good poster to hang in my room. Also another side note i do hope the devs don't have this happen with the 2 characters and any future dlc characters.
I imagine that the later DLC will have more ironclad security. At least the leaker was nice enough to not show anything of the 2 bonus ones beyond bread crumbs.

amageish

Smash Master
Don't let it get to you that much. After all, every fanbase has a part that's mean, so having them all be combined and gather in one place via one game generally has messy results.
Besides, we know damn well how that's like. :smashboards:

At any rate, the best thing to do when running a server is keeping a cool head about things.
I'm aware that every fanbase has its bad apples; I was just impressed by all the people being weirdly personal in their attacks of Sakurai, the "Add X or you DON'T CARE ABOUT THE TRUE FANS" comments, and the random debates about if queer people deserve rights.

I'm sure you can have a good time there - just as how I do enjoy SmashBoards when I find the right threads - but it was just a lot to walk into lol. That said, I'm sure it is an especially chaotic time right now just because of the leak being so notable.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
I'm aware that every fanbase has its bad apples; I was just impressed by all the people being weirdly personal in their attacks of Sakurai, the "Add X or you DON'T CARE ABOUT THE TRUE FANS" comments, and the random debates about if queer people deserve rights.

I'm sure you can have a good time there - just as how I do enjoy SmashBoards when I find the right threads - but it was just a lot to walk into lol. That said, I'm sure it is an especially chaotic time right now just because of the leak being so notable.
Yeah, it'll likely simmer down a bit when post-launch happens. Until then we got two weeks of roughing it as the marketing department tries to stop spilling their spaghetti.

Anyway, do you think they'll announce a new warning for forthcoming character showcases in each day of the week until Thursdays?

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
If they get the money to do big updates to this game or a big budget for a sequel, I hope they do remixes of shows’ end credits as the characters’ victory themes. The victory screen could be seen as the “end” of one of their “episodes”.
I actually think the bit that plays over the Nickelodeon logo at the end would be good for some shows, namely these:

• The Fairly OddParents
  • CatDog
  • Jimmy Neutron (Minus the "Gotta Blast!")
  • My Life As a Teenage Robot
  • ChalkZone

FreeFox

Smash Lord
I missed another leak?! Well, I must say I am impressed that stuff keeps leaking and yet we still dont know anything about the "unlockable content".
View attachment 330934
New screenshot from Steam page with funny toast and parody godzilla.
I wonder which move Reptar is using there. His up tilt? The start of one of hi strong moves? It cant be its taunt since we know his taunt is the cereal pose.

SpectreJordan

Smash Lord
NNID
SpectreJordan
This feels different. Mr. Saturn is more of an easter egg than anything else. GIR is very prominently displayed. Anyone could see that and think "Playable GIR"

I wonder if they’ve ripped Gir out of Zim’s moveset & he’s one of the first DLCs?

Probably not… but I can dream.

Top Bottom