• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Nickelodeon All-Stars Brawl General Thread - All Star Brawl 2 Available Today!

ivanlerma

Smash Champion
I was just talking in relation to possible creator/license dispute stuff.

Yeah, as of now Discord is the most efficient method of directly talking to the devs for suggestions, and the game's fan reception gave the marketing department a kick in the pants. :4diddy: The main thing will be to make sure this game is profitable on Day 1.

On the downside, no Youtube playthrough videos with modded Spongebob music. From what I understand, Spongebob YTPs are blocked in the US, so...
How are YTPs of Spongebob Blocked Here, as far as i know there are still a few youtube poops of spongebob that are available to view.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Fortunately it's a monster that I liked well enough, so I can take the loss of the other two main students.

So the list of characters the devs had to fight for is now:

Lucy
Powdered Toast Man
Nigel
Oblina

I'm legit wondering if we'll someday get a full list of characters that the devs actually had to fight Nick for.
I can't help but feel like it's going to be a long list.

Lol why is it on GameInformer? Whatever, Patrick looks fun, as expected, love the victory animation and uh

hope they fix that strong dash
They're progressively using every marketing front and method under the sun right now, so that doesn't surprise me.

How are YTPs of Spongebob Blocked Here, as far as i know there are still a few youtube poops of spongebob that are available to view.
After a while, some that I liked showing to my friend from Georgia randomly ended up blocked on his end. I guess it has been years since I tried.

Last edited:

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
It depends mostly on whether or not the YTP maker censors Spongebob's name. It's why "Spingebill" became a thing.

Last edited:

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
Probably is a list of everyone not on the "boring" original roster Nick pitched them that they counter-pitched to...
If Lucy was someone they had to fight for despite her being in Kart Racers 2, at this point Patrick might be someone who's a Ludosity pick.

TheBrainJem

Smash Hero
NNID
TheBrainJem
Something something creepypasta.
View attachment 330412
(Yes, this was in a Spongebob episode)
Fun fact this is lost media now, they removed and replaced this image in the episode after the first broadcasting

So now in a few years there will probably be Creepypastas and urban legends about this particular episode which featured something already from an urban legend

I remember initially I thought it was kinda interesting how they referenced the Creepypasta, but the more I thought about it the more in hindsight it was probably a bad idea since, besides the fact it is a jumpscare in the episode itself that probably scared younger kids, it wouldn't be hard for a kid to look up the original story after seeing this episode, which I mean considering bloody and violent the original story is I'm not so sure is a good idea?

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
If Lucy was someone they had to fight for despite her being in Kart Racers 2, at this point Patrick might be someone who's a Ludosity pick.
So, from the perspective of the absurdly out of touch exec they talked to, it'd be something like...

SpongeBob
Lincoln
Aang
Korra
Leonardo (2012 version)
Michelangelo (2012 version)
Raphael (2012 version)
Donatello (2012 version)

CapitaineCrash

Smash Champion
So the list of characters the devs had to fight for is now:

Lucy
Powdered Toast Man
Nigel
Oblina

I'm legit wondering if we'll someday get a full list of characters that the devs actually had to fight Nick for.
I wouldn't be surprised if they had to fight for April too. Nick probably wanted only the Turtles. We also know that they had to fight for the 80s design (Nick probably wanted Rise).

RileyXY1

Smash Hero
So, from the perspective of the absurdly out of touch exec they talked to, it'd be something like...

SpongeBob
Lincoln
Aang
Korra
Leonardo (2012 version)
Michelangelo (2012 version)
Raphael (2012 version)
Donatello (2012 version)
I think that all the characters from Kart Racers 1 would have been in this supposed "predictable roster", which would be SpongeBob, Patrick, Sandy, Tommy, Angelica, Reptar, Arnold, Helga, and the turtles in their 2012 incarnations, along with Lincoln, possibly Clyde because Nick loves to shove him into crossovers, Aang, Korra, Zim, Danny, Rocko, and Ren and Stimpy.

amageish

Smash Master
Patrick was probably there haha. Lucy requiring them to fight for her is interesting though; I wonder if they just wanted a different Loud Sibling (or Ronnie Anne) in more? As it's not like Lucy doesn't have a lot of stuff to draw from and, moreover, she has a very standout aesthetic...

KneeOfJustice99

Smash Champion
the building from smash mouth's astro lounge
Something something creepypasta.
View attachment 330412
(Yes, this was in a Spongebob episode)
I remember seeing this in the episode in question when I was watching it with my 6 year old half-brother, and I simultaneously wanted to scream, cry, laugh and yell "WHAT THE F***" and hence just sneezed and then sat in dumbfounded silence.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Patrick was probably there haha. Lucy requiring them to fight for her is interesting though; I wonder if they just wanted a different Loud Sibling (or Ronnie Anne) in more? As it's not like Lucy doesn't have a lot of stuff to draw from and, moreover, she has a very standout aesthetic...
They probably think that Linc is the "only" Loud that's important, and that Clyde and Ronnie-Anne are the other main characters.

Despite, you know, The Loud House being the title of the show. Though at least Ronnie-Anne has her own spin-off, unlike Clyde.

I think that all the characters from Kart Racers 1 would have been in this supposed "predictable roster", which would be SpongeBob, Patrick, Sandy, Tommy, Angelica, Reptar, Arnold, Helga, and the turtles in their 2012 incarnations, along with Lincoln, possibly Clyde because Nick loves to shove him into crossovers, Aang, Korra, Zim, Danny, Rocko, and Ren and Stimpy.
If Tommy and/or Angelica get to show up in any capacity/form at all, chances are it wouldn't be until after we know there's a DLC cycle coming. Reptar would most likely have been prioritized by Ludosity no matter what.

dlewis53

Smash Lord
I wouldn't be surprised if they had to fight for April too. Nick probably wanted only the Turtles. We also know that they had to fight for the 80s design (Nick probably wanted Rise).
Yeah, that does sound plausible. I was basically going off of what's been officially confirmed by the devs in one form or another, and so far, officially, there's only four characters that they had to really fight Nick with in order to get in.

Honestly? Part of me wonders if Lucy being one of the character the devs had to fight for wasn't so much because Nick wanted a different Loud House rep, but rather they didn't see the point of a second rep and just had Lincoln.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Honestly? Part of me wonders if Lucy being one of the character the devs had to fight for wasn't so much because Nick wanted a different Loud House rep, but rather they didn't see the point of a second rep and just had Lincoln.
Wouldn't be surprised if we and they end up fighting to even have a third Loud House rep in here, let alone Luna.

Ze Diglett

Smash Champion
Writing Team
NNID
ZeDiglett
If Tommy and/or Angelica get to show up in any capacity/form at all, chances are it wouldn't be until after we know there's a DLC cycle coming. Reptar would most likely have been prioritized by Ludosity no matter what.
I'm expecting at least some of the Rugrats to show up in the background of Reptar's stage (assuming it is, in fact, the one from the leak). At the very least, I expect Tommy Pickles to walk onscreen with his little cowboy hat.

HYRULESHERO42

Smash Journeyman
Sorry if I missed this but - was the city stage from the ren and stimpy trailer Chincinnati? Home of the Crimson Chin?

amageish

Smash Master
They probably think that Linc is the "only" Loud that's important, and that Clyde and Ronnie-Anne are the other main characters.

Despite, you know, The Loud House being the title of the show. Though at least Ronnie-Anne has her own spin-off, unlike Clyde.
Yeah, valid... Clyde was in Grand Prix too, right?

I would personally rather a sibling, but also none of the episodes I have seen have featured Clyde in a meaningful way. His parents appeared briefly in one of them, but nothing more then that.

The more "corporate" games do still have multiple TLH reps, so idk if they would object to more then one Loud sibling... It is very odd that they had to fight for someone from their most profitable modern property though; I assume there's more going on behind the scenes there.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
On a side note, it kind of irks me how there doesn't seem to be a dedicated forum or specific character support threads for this game beyond the game thread we're in right now, the thread in NeoGAF (iirc) and the one in DK Vine, from what I could find.

But then again, it does essentially makes us all in this together to make this game more than a simple "one-and-done" release after it's out.

Last edited:

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
So I brought this up elsewhere the other day, but the render list leak with the smudged out characters...I noticed something kind of interesting.
discord_2.png

Pay attention to where the names are. They're above the squares the renders themselves are in. And then look how much space above the box the second blob covers, whereas the first blob seemingly stops at a normalish place.

What's interesting is that for the most part, the characters with names that long are the likes of Danny and Nigel...because they have first and last names. Well, and there's Ren and Stimpy but again, it's a literal instance of having two names.

So perhaps the second blob is a character known by their first and last name. I don't wanna get my hopes too high for Jimmy Neutron here, but...maybe it's something to consider.

WahHahaha

Smash Ace
Can someone tell me where the idea that the last three are Toph, Shredder and Garfield came from? I keep hearing people say this but nobody ever cites a source for their claims.

Last edited:

LimeTH

Smash Lord
On a side note, it kind of irks me how there doesn't seem to be a dedicated forum or specific character support threads for this game beyond the game thread we're in right now, the thread in NeoGAF (iirc) and the one in DK Vine, from what I could find.

But then again, it does essentially makes us all in this together to make this game more than a simple "one-and-done" release after it's out.
Someone made a Nick Brawl equivalent to this board earlier in the thread, but it has no posts or members.

Teeb147

Smash Legend
Can someone tell me where the idea that the last three are Toph, Shredder and Garfield came from? I keep hearing people say this but nobody ever cites a source for their claims.
Toph - there's 3 avatar stages but only 2 avatar characters we know about. The stage is in the earth kingdom, so Toph is likely, and now there's the new leak showing her. Still could be fake but big odds are in her favor.

Garfield - There was a leak for it, and the devs like garfield.

Shredder - We have the technodrome stage which is probably for one of the turtles but some think it's for Shredder, and the new leak has a blotted out character next to the turtles.

;)

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719

hold ****
uh
read this article
now
Was competitive play something that factored into your plans for the game?

Yes, in fact, it was even heavily suggested from Nickelodeon before we even had a publisher for the game. It’s been there since day one.
Wow, never expected Nick themselves to want this to be an esport. At least from the looks of it there's still gonna be content for party gamers, I guess.
How many characters are you planning for the initial release of All-Star Brawl, and what are your plans for DLC characters and stages down the line? When might those show up post-launch?

At launch, there will be 20 characters, with 2 more following soon after. Additional DLC characters will be revealed after that. Stay tuned!
So those blacked out two are gonna be DLC? Must be why the Toph leak featured menus with only 20 character/stage slots. Also, good to know there will be DLC.
The music is all new but, just like everything else, heavily referencing the source material.
Well I can tell from this that if Henry/June makes it in, they can compose knockoffs of 2-Tone Army/Don't Let the ******** Grind You Down instead of relicensing the real songs

Top Bottom