• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Nickelodeon All-Stars Brawl General Thread - All Star Brawl 2 Available Today!

Teeb147

Smash Legend
Everything you say makes sense. I would love Jimmy because then at least we would have two of the big three from the early 2000s instead of just SpongeBob, and I would love Jenny even more. But I'm honestly expecting that Helga being listed before and having extra copyright info, doesn't really imply that the last character will also have extra copyright info, it could easily just be Rocko.

I'm still curious about the character between TMNT and Rugrats, it's probably just Shredder (or a different TMNT character?) but it's still kind of weird. I know everyone says they're "metallic gray" but I almost think they could just be off-color white sneakers or smth? But probably not, because the stance is wider than everyone else with "normal" shoes/feet, it's actually wider than you would expect Shredder to be rendered, assuming he's similar to the other humanoid characters like April. Is there any way it's a very large, or even another duo character?
I still don't see any more reason to think it's shredder when it could be a singular series like those before loud house (which have 2).

The gray large feet are hard to fit on most characters, I think Jenny is the only it could possibly make sense for. Though it's not exactly the right colors.

Also, quite important, but all the characters we saw fit with the stages we saw, and since Shredder isn't on that selection screen, I don't think it makes sense for the technodrome to be there. That is, I think it only makes sense as one of the turtle's stage.

Last edited:

RileyXY1

Smash Hero
Everything you say makes sense. I would love Jimmy because then at least we would have two of the big three from the early 2000s instead of just SpongeBob, and I would love Jenny even more. But I'm honestly expecting that Helga being listed before and having extra copyright info, doesn't really imply that the last character will also have extra copyright info, it could easily just be Rocko.

I'm still curious about the character between TMNT and Rugrats, it's probably just Shredder (or a different TMNT character?) but it's still kind of weird. I know everyone says they're "metallic gray" but I almost think they could just be off-color white sneakers or smth? But probably not, because the stance is wider than everyone else with "normal" shoes/feet, it's actually wider than you would expect Shredder to be rendered, assuming he's similar to the other humanoid characters like April. Is there any way it's a very large, or even another duo character?
Unless they're using the Rise version of Shredder I don't think that it's him.

TeenGirlSquad

Smash Master
I still don't see any more reason to think it's shredder when it could be a singular series like those before loud house (which have 2).

The gray large feet are hard to fit on most characters, I think Jenny is the only it could possibly make sense for. Though it's not exactly the right colors.

Also, quite important, but all the characters we saw fit with the stages we saw, and since Shredder isn't on that selection screen, I don't think it makes sense for the technodrome to be there. That is, I think it only makes sense as one of the turtle's stage.
Actually on second thought, yeah it's probably a different IP, there were only three TMNT stages in the leak and it would be weird if only one was left out. Although, has the 22 stages/one stage per character assumption actually been hard confirmed? I know it said "20+ stages" but...

Either way, if it's a different IP from any of the ones shown, it's more exciting. But I still have no idea who it could be lol. It's not Jenny because you can see there's some linework on the "shoes", whereas Jenny's feet are simple shapes with completely solid colors. Judging by the placement and the way that the pre-Loud House characters are ordered, it could be an older character.

FreeFox

Smash Lord
I dont think its Shredder the character between Reptar and April. And its because those are huge feet. Like he would have literally bigger feet than the rest of the cast.
I would like for anyone that supports Shredder to try to draw over those big lumps and tell me its still Shredder.

Quick Gaming (QG)

Smash Lord
1631726493600.png

I have an alternate theory to the white/gray splotches. I don't think it's right but I certainly can't make out feet there

CapitaineCrash

Smash Champion
or Plankton
If it was Plankton he would probably be with the other Spongebob characters.

Jimmy Newtron in a mech could make sense, if they could have gotten the rights
I guess it could, but honestly as much as I want Jimmy I don't see why he would be in a mech all time. It's not really a huge part of his character and he have more than enough moveset potential on his own with no mech.

Last edited:

Ze Diglett

Smash Champion
Writing Team
NNID
ZeDiglett
I'm honestly thinking those "feet" could either be JPEG artifacts given how crusty the rest of the image is or just a shoddy photoshop job, i.e. an unfinished render or something like that. I mean, none of the other characters' renders even come close to touching the corners of the box like those "feet" do (the closest any of them come is Leo's back leg, and even that's a stretch). Basically, I don't think there's much we can glean off of a couple of blurry pixels and I think trying to speculate on them too hard is a waste of time.

Last edited:

Teeb147

Smash Legend
If it was Plankton he would probably be with the other Spongebob characters.

I guess it could, but honestly as much as I want Jimmy I don't see why he would be in a mech all time. It's not really a huge part of his character and he have more than enough moveset potential on his own with no mech.
It would be different. We have a lot of normal non-mech characters :p

I think the plankton idea would be great but i think the placing would be different

Last edited:

Ze Diglett

Smash Champion
Writing Team
NNID
ZeDiglett
If Jimmy hypothetically were in the game, I personally see him more as a setup character who puts down various inventions to maintain stage control and such. His actual moves might not be that impressive since Jimmy's not exactly known for fighting unarmed, but they'd have destructive potential when paired with his inventions. Maybe he could have a Goddard assist move a la Attack of the Twonkies, though that might overlap functionally with Zim's GIR move.
...****, maybe I should bite the bullet and write up a Jimmy moveset someday if I have so many ideas.

Last edited:

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Does anyone know if there's any prescedent of Nick/Viacom's handling of leaks? All I really care about now is the game's future in general, not what it entails.

At the very least though, they hired back Butch after all his BS so hopefully some internal drama that you really have to look for to see won't stop Ludosity, Fair Play, or Gamemill from working with Viacom again
As far as I see, the only properties that are truly SOL are anything Nick aired that's owned by Disney or Dreamworks.

At any rate, I definitely want to see DLC confirmed, but when that'll happen, if it does, is the question. Probably soon after launch, if they continue pushing on the turbo for the game's promoting.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
How is that relevant to my leak concerns?

Anyway, Patrick's showcase is out - but got a much smaller release. I'm worried.
I was just talking in relation to possible creator/license dispute stuff.

Hopefully Viacom will do the right thing and devote more resources to keeping the DLC under wraps rather than stamping it out. At the very least the lack of a language barrier will make it easier for our voices to be heard.
Yeah, as of now Discord is the most efficient method of directly talking to the devs for suggestions, and the game's fan reception gave the marketing department a kick in the pants. :4diddy: The main thing will be to make sure this game is profitable on Day 1.

On the downside, no Youtube playthrough videos with modded Spongebob music. From what I understand, Spongebob YTPs are blocked in the US, so...

FreeFox

Smash Lord

Anyway, Patrick's showcase is out - but got a much smaller release. I'm worried.
Patrick is a grappler to the surprise of nobody. But cool recovery/grab combination. I didnt see any hazards in this level. Cool showcase overall.

Last edited:

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
GameMill have posted about the Patrick video on Twitter, a little delayed (as far as I can tell) but the GameMill YouTube upload should be inbound soon. (assuming the "exclusive" on GameInformer's tweet doesn't mean anything) Hopefully things will be back to normal soon.

I feel one solution to preventing leaks from getting out would be to just say up front who each season consists of and have their movesets be the mystery instead - that's what we're used to in NASB speculation anyway, heh!

Last edited:

Ze Diglett

Smash Champion
Writing Team
NNID
ZeDiglett

I dunno, this seems pretty standard for a moveset showcase. I don't see much reason to be worried. I think the devs are keepin' on in spite of everything.
Patrick looks like he's gonna be this game's low-tier "scrub-stomper" character. He's got some ways of cheesing stocks early and I'm probably gonna hate him for it, but MAN, does he look slow! He doesn't seem like he'll mesh with my playstyle too much (I usually play faster, more demanding characters in platform fighters), but I'll probably bust him out in friendlies from time to time just because he's Patrick.

Last edited:

amageish

Smash Master
Does anyone know if there's any prescedent of Nick/Viacom's handling of leaks? All I really care about now is the game's future in general, not what it entails.

At the very least though, they hired back Butch after all his BS so hopefully some internal drama that you really have to look for to see won't stop Ludosity, Fair Play, or Gamemill from working with Viacom again
I'm personally not... deeply concerned. The reaction from the devs of a scorched earth policy indicates they have concerns about it, but also... Nick is a big and busy company; I'm not sure this is something they'd care about? Not to mention that "leaks" in the television industry are quite different then in the games industry - it isn't uncommon for TV studios to "leak" their own projects on purpose as a way of gauging interest.

The only thing I really could see this impacting is if the devs were hoping to have advance access to what is going on at Nick to plan movesets based on upcoming IPs or series. They may not trust that info with a studio that is leaking things, but also idk if the devs would want to do that in the first place. Most of these movesets seem pretty nostalgia-focused, even in the ongoing IPs.

GameMill have posted about the Patrick video on Twitter, a little delayed (as far as I can tell) but the GameMill YouTube upload should be inbound soon. (assuming the "exclusive" on GameInformer's tweet doesn't mean anything) Hopefully things will be back to normal soon.

I feel one solution to preventing leaks from getting out would be to just say up front who each season consists of and have their movesets be the mystery instead - that's what we're used to in NASB speculation anyway, heh!
I'm guessing it is an actual exclusive and that GameMill and GameInformer have a sponsorship going on. Hopefully someone makes a playlist of all the showcases if we're going to begin having them scattered across various media outlet channels...

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
I'm kinda flashing back to Nick Kart Racers 1's pre-release. They said there'd be 20 shows when there were actually 20 characters and scrambled to say they'd be DLC which we never got any word about after - that's a pretty major controversy for such a small game (and would be even if it were Mario Kart or CTR), but Nick still got them to make a second game.

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
I'm kinda flashing back to Nick Kart Racers 1's pre-release. They said there'd be 20 shows when there were actually 20 characters and scrambled to say they'd be DLC which we never got any word about after - that's a pretty major controversy for such a small game (and would be even if it were Mario Kart or CTR), but Nick still got them to make a second game.
Didn't they have to cancel the DLC for that game due to it underperforming?

amageish

Smash Master
Oh woah. That digs up some long-buried memories for me; I forgot that ever happened. I wasn't exactly deeply invested in a Nick kart racer, but I do recall reading an article about that now that you mention it...

Also, uh, I just realized that GameMill had an absurdly busy day yesterday a Cruis'n Blast also came out yesterday... Full schedule.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Given how many days we have left before release, I can see us get major news drops at least once each week, if not just in the next two weeks.

Even better - have extremely obvious silhouettes of who each character is that leaves nothing to interpretation.

But really though, as of now we have no way of knowing what'll happen next, as Brawl's situation is rather unusual. Let's just wait and see what happens when the game drops.

Last edited:

dlewis53

Smash Lord
So the list of characters the devs had to fight for is now:

Lucy
Powdered Toast Man
Nigel
Oblina

I'm legit wondering if we'll someday get a full list of characters that the devs actually had to fight Nick for.

Patrick's a grappler, not that surprising. Heck, that kind of fits in line with how his main method of attacking in both Battle for Bikini Bottom and the SpongeBob Movie game was by picking things up and throwing them.

I'm surprised Rep didn't mention the special input for the Down Special, though.

Also, the Flying Dutchman's Ship looks like a decent stage, and the music is at least a slight improvement over Glove World's, though it's still not as catchy as Jellyfish Fields' music (and this goes without saying, but none of these tracks are as good as any track theme in Kart Racers 2).

I also got a good chuckle out of Rep's "I think he's a Seastar" line; that alone shows how better he is as a narrator for these showcases.

Finally, I kind of wish they used Sandy as Patrick's opponent so we could see what her losing animation looks like.

Quick Gaming (QG)

Smash Lord
Lol why is it on GameInformer? Whatever, Patrick looks fun, as expected, love the victory animation and uh

hope they fix that strong dash

Faso115

Smash Lord
Patrickcide is a thing.

Let's hope Squidward doesn't have a similar attack cause, you know, cide and squidward don't mix well :4pacman:

Top Bottom