• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Nickelodeon All-Stars Brawl General Thread - All Star Brawl 2 Available Today!

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
Seriously though, can someone catch me up on these leaks, please?

HAPPY 100!

Last edited:

RileyXY1

Smash Hero
I've been lurking for a bit here, but I'd like to suggest another potential option for the identity of the mysterious feet pixels.

Jenny appears in this pose in a whole bunch of promotional material, it wouldn't be out of place for her to be in this same pose or something similar in her render, and the stance is certainly wide enough to fit, as are the colors close enough.
If it were her she would be placed at the end and not between April and Reptar. It has to be either a TMNT character or a Rugrats character.

YeppersPeppers

Smash Journeyman
Considering the Loud House characters aren't grouped with the multi-character IPs, I'm not sure if it can be confidently claimed that the mystery fighter on the top is from TMNT or Rugrats. They have a bunch of solo characters between Ren & Stimpy and Loud House, so there could very well be another solo character with Reptar.

Last edited:

cashregister9

Smash Hero

RileyXY1

Smash Hero
Seeing the dev reaction to this new leak, I think it's safe to assume that the Garfield leak was indeed fake. They didn't react like this at all on the discord with the Garfield leak.
Yeah. They ignored the Garfield leak, but with this one? They literally closed down the speculation chat on the official Discord server.

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
Here is the leak everyone is talking about
Thank you!

How curious that they left Toph- and that she is in the 'official' selection page as well... but they covered the other two.
It's also odd that we have one row of 12 and one row of 10, rather than two rows of 11.

Last edited:

FreeFox

Smash Lord
Somebody on Reddit said it was the babies in reptars car and honestly I could kinda see that and it make sense to be put in front of reptar
That is quite an interesting idea. Having all the babies fight inside the car. :shiro:

Seeing the dev reaction to this new leak, I think it's safe to assume that the Garfield leak was indeed fake. They didn't react like this at all on the discord with the Garfield leak.
Just to be on the same page, does everyone agree that the Avatar/big grey feet leak real? (not saying its real or false, just wondering what is the consensus.)

Last edited:

Ze Diglett

Smash Champion
Writing Team
NNID
ZeDiglett
Assuming this new leak is legit (which it probably is), I'm expecting both of the unknown characters to be from unrepresented series. I just can't see a scenario where SpongeBob doesn't get top billing in a Nickelodeon fighting game (I barely count any of the browser-based games since those rosters were all over the place and didn't make sense on multiple levels), and if the devs really had room for FOUR TMNT characters, at that point, why wouldn't they just add all the turtles? I get that these devs are adding the characters they like and I respect them for that, but c'mon, adding all four turtles provided you have room in your roster for them all is just too obvious a play for anyone to miss. Also we already know that the multi-character series aren't even grouped together in that image, since Loud House is several characters behind Ren & Stimpy. Specifically, I'm gonna guess Jimmy Neutron and Garfield, the former out of stubbornness and the latter because today's events boosted Garfield's speculative chances CONSIDERABLY in my opinion.

TCT~Phantom

Smash Master
Writing Team
NNID
TCT~Phantom
Today's Leak I am 99% sure is legit. Garfield I think is dead just due to the dev reaction. If Garf was real, the devs would have reacted the same when it was shilled in there for weeks. But with the Avatar leak? The speculation chat got nuked. Glad I grabbed images before it got nuked. They really went scorched earth on this one.

Assuming this new leak is legit (which it probably is), I'm expecting both of the unknown characters to be from unrepresented series. I just can't see a scenario where SpongeBob doesn't get top billing in a Nickelodeon fighting game (I barely count any of the browser-based games since those rosters were all over the place and didn't make sense on multiple levels), and if the devs really had room for FOUR TMNT characters, at that point, why wouldn't they just add all the turtles? I get that these devs are adding the characters they like and I respect them for that, but c'mon, adding all four turtles provided you have room in your roster for them all is just too obvious a play for anyone to miss. Also we already know that the multi-character series aren't even grouped together in that image, since Loud House is several characters behind Ren & Stimpy. Specifically, I'm gonna guess Jimmy Neutron and Garfield, the former out of stubbornness and the latter because today's events boosted Garfield's speculative chances CONSIDERABLY in my opinion.
Id say that this actually hurts Garfield a lot. Rep went through the work of telling people Garfield was a well made fake. With this one? The devs and mods went scorched earth. If the garfield leak was real, why did they comment on it and put it down, while nuking this one with silence and deleting the speculation channel? Combine that with the subtle differences in the Garf leak and Ren and Stimpys models, and I lean that we can say it is a well done hoax.

Furthermore, I hate to say it but TMNT makes sense to get top billing. By the numbers, it is the most profitable Nick/Viacom property. Granted, it's only by around 1 billion...but that is still 1 billion dollars. I know that it might not make sense to us at first because I dont think most of us associate TMNT with Nick/Viacom that much, but the numbers do not lie. I also am happy that we did skip out on four turtles. If the last characters do include Shredder, then we get to have some more visual diversity. The turtles do mesh together a lot, so I get what they went for. April looks fun as heck, and I bet shredder will be too.

Final two I am placing my bets: Rocko and Shredder. The shoes match Shredder too well and Rocko makes too much sense to not get in. I am reasonably confident in them.

Gorgonzales

Smash Ace
The babies fighting in the car is a brilliant idea that I never would have considered. NASB does look to be lacking in heavyweights

Today's Leak I am 99% sure is legit. Garfield I think is dead just due to the dev reaction. If Garf was real, the devs would have reacted the same when it was shilled in there for weeks. But with the Avatar leak? The speculation chat got nuked. Glad I grabbed images before it got nuked. They really went scorched earth on this one.
May we see said images?

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
That is quite an interesting idea. Having all the babies fight inside the car. :shiro:

Just to be on the same page, does everyone agree that the Avatar/big grey feet leak real? (not saying its real or false, just wondering what is the consensus.)
Yeah, I think it's real. The barely hidden feet could point towards someone that has big greyish/metallic feet, but other than that, I can't really tell.

I don't want to come off as biased or anything, but I'm 50% certain it might be Shredder, who I wanted anyway.

Also, is it just me or did I see Space Madness in the stage list?

Last edited:

Wigglerman

Smash Ace
I dunno, I can't get on board with the "ALL THE TURTLES" thinking. Woud it be nice? Sure. Does it feel a teeny bit odd not to have all four? Sure. Does the game NEED all four? No.

I find it just a tad predictable. It'd be like if they added Tommy and now, by tradition or obligation, they have to add Phil, Lil and Chucky as well.

I feel TMNT is repped well with two of the lads and April, possibly Shredder as well. It adds a bit more variety and creative liberty to explore the TMNT franchise than being shoe horned into ALL turtles ALL the time. While they'd be easier work since they share models, just needing color swaps on bandanas and letter changes on belts at the least and move sets being more their focus, I vibe well with them giving other TMNT characters (As well as other franchises) a chance to shine too (Without hogging a huge portion of the roster for itself).

Then they also run the real risk of "Oh, TMNT fire emblem!" sort of crap from a vocal crowd that they likely just wanted to nip in the bud in addition to having a more varied cast.

Last edited:

Ze Diglett

Smash Champion
Writing Team
NNID
ZeDiglett
Id say that this actually hurts Garfield a lot. Rep went through the work of telling people Garfield was a well made fake. With this one? The devs and mods went scorched earth. If the garfield leak was real, why did they comment on it and put it down, while nuking this one with silence and deleting the speculation channel? Combine that with the subtle differences in the Garf leak and Ren and Stimpys models, and I lean that we can say it is a well done hoax.

Furthermore, I hate to say it but TMNT makes sense to get top billing. By the numbers, it is the most profitable Nick/Viacom property. Granted, it's only by around 1 billion...but that is still 1 billion dollars. I know that it might not make sense to us at first because I dont think most of us associate TMNT with Nick/Viacom that much, but the numbers do not lie. I also am happy that we did skip out on four turtles. If the last characters do include Shredder, then we get to have some more visual diversity. The turtles do mesh together a lot, so I get what they went for. April looks fun as heck, and I bet shredder will be too.
I'm rolling with the theory that Rep genuinely believed the Garfield leak to be fake initially due to the background being different, and assuming the devs found out later that it was legit, they most likely stayed quiet about it as a "be cool" measure so as to not backtrack and make things obvious. This more recent leak along with Garfleak making a resurgence today was probably the straw that broke the camel's back in that regard, and considering people's jobs are at stake, I can't blame the devs for going nuclear amidst it all.

I'm not against TMNT sharing top billing with SpongeBob, but it having more representation than the mascot of the network would be kinda weird to me. I guess it's not impossible, but it's not something I'm willing to bet on. The only possibility I'm outright writing off for the mysterious between-April-and-Reptar character is another Rugrats rep; I just do NOT see that happening.

Last edited:

CapitaineCrash

Smash Champion
Yeah, I think it's real. The barely hidden feet could point towards someone that has big greyish/metallic feet, but other than that, I can't really tell.

I don't want to come off as biased or anything, but I'm 50% certain it might be Shredder, who I wanted anyway.

Space Madness was confirmed today in Ren & Stimpy trailer.

Flyboy

Smash Hero
Something interesting about the leak that I noticed when making a joke edit of the roster is that the compression on the images is very unusual - not very reminiscent of jpeg compression. I'd compare it to something like screencapping a YouTube or other streamed video with a crunchy bitrate. Perhaps these images were obtained from a Discord call, for example.

CapitaineCrash

Smash Champion
I'm rolling with the theory that Rep genuinely believed the Garfield leak to be fake initially due to the background being different, and assuming the devs found out later that it was legit, they most likely stayed quiet about it as a "be cool" measure so as to not backtrack and make things obvious. This more recent leak along with Garfleak making a resurgence today was probably the straw that broke the camel's back in that regard, and considering people's jobs are at stake, I can't blame the devs for going nuclear amidst it all.

I'm not against TMNT sharing top billing with SpongeBob, but it having more representation than the mascot of the network would be kinda weird to me. I guess it's not impossible, but it's not something I'm willing to bet on.
I'm sorry but I don't get and buy this theory. Even if the background is different he would have recognize Garfield. It's not like Garfield was developped in secret by a smaller team.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
I dunno, I can't get on board with the "ALL THE TURTLES" thinking. Woud it be nice? Sure. Does it feel a teeny bit odd not to have all four? Sure. Does the game NEED all four? No.

I find it just a tad predictable. It'd be like if they added Tommy and now, by trdition or obligation, they have to add Phil, Lil and Chuky as well.

I feel TMNT is repped well with two of the lads and April, possibly Shredder as well. It adds a bit more variety and creative liberty to explore the TMNT franchise than being shoe horned into ALL turtles ALL the time. While they'd be easier work since they share models, just needing color swaps on bandanas and letter changes on belts at the least and move sets being more their focus, I vibe well with them giving other TMNT characters (As well as other franchises) a chance to shine too (Without hogging a huge portion of the roster for itself).

Then they also run the real risk of "Oh, TMNT fire emblem!" sort of crap from a vocal crowd that they likely just wanted to nip in the bud in addition to having a more varied cast.
Honestly, I think there would have been less :salt: if they had Leo as the only Turtle at launch, at least then most people would have went "can't drop the leader, of course" and adjusted expectations accordingly. Now we're presently stuck in a situation that'll lead to fans begging the staff for the other two Turtles until the cows come home, up to and after launch.

Space Madness was confirmed today in Ren & Stimpy trailer.
Did you not watch R&S's trailer? It was already shown as their home stage.
My bad, I thought the trailer was in the Playstation Blog or Brawl Twitter page, but couldn't find anything.

Last edited:

LimeTH

Smash Lord

I think the feet are too big to be Shredder's, It looks like it could be a more cartoonishly proportioned character.
It's also possible the feet are grey because the render isn't finished and the character is in grayscale.

Ze Diglett

Smash Champion
Writing Team
NNID
ZeDiglett
I'm sorry but I don't get and buy this theory. Even if the background is different he would have recognize Garfield. It's not like Garfield was developped in secret by a smaller team.
Again, he didn't dismiss the leak on the grounds of the characters in it. He dismissed the leak on the grounds of it not matching Ludosity's dev tools; he could've known that every character in the leak was in the game down to the models and still thought it was fake based on that single discrepancy. THAT is what's important here.

I find it just a tad predictable. It'd be like if they added Tommy and now, by tradition or obligation, they have to add Phil, Lil and Chucky as well.
I'd agree, except the show's called "Rugrats" and not "Tommy, Phil, Lil, and Chucky". It'd be one thing if they had JUST Leonardo, the leader, along with April and Shredder, but if they just randomly decided to add two turtles and stop there despite having room for two more? That would be a little too weird for this weirdo.

Last edited:

Capybara Gaming

Just Vibing
Premium

I'm not against TMNT sharing top billing with SpongeBob, but it having more representation than the mascot of the network would be kinda weird to me. I guess it's not impossible, but it's not something I'm willing to bet on. The only possibility I'm outright writing off for the mysterious between-April-and-Reptar character is another Rugrats rep; I just do NOT see that happening.
Yeah? Well guess what - TMNT got top billing in Nick Kart Racers 2, edging SpongeBob out not only in characters (5 TMNT vs. 4 SpongeBob), but also in track number (4 TMNT to 3 SpongeBob)

YeppersPeppers

Smash Journeyman
I've been lurking for a bit here, but I'd like to suggest another potential option for the identity of the mysterious feet pixels.

Jenny appears in this pose in a whole bunch of promotional material, it wouldn't be out of place for her to be in this same pose or something similar in her render, and the stance is certainly wide enough to fit, as are the colors close enough.
This post is the only good post since it's about Jenny and I like that.

dlewis53

Smash Lord
You know, looking at Ren & Stimpy's reveal trailer again, I'm liking the concept of the Space Madness stage; fighting on various objects as they float across the screen via zero-gravity sounds like a pretty cool idea for a stage.

Wigglerman

Smash Ace
I'd agree, except the show's called "Rugrats" and not "Tommy, Phil, Lil, and Chucky". It'd be one thing if they had JUST Leonardo, the leader, along with April and Shredder, but if they just randomly decided to add two turtles and stop there despite having room for two more? That would be a little too weird for this weirdo.
That still doesn't track. Because the show may be called TMNT, they're not the only characters worth using in the show. And the show being called Rugrats would feel odd, by your logic, if they only had a Rugrat, singular.

I dunno. I just don't get worked up over it and I can't fathom why others get so wound. Especially when they are probbly not going to even play all the turtles anyway. So it's just arguing to have them there for 'tradition' or because 'they must be cuz team', not for any other practical purpose. Which is lame. lol. I'm fine with missing a few turtles if it keeps a limited roster as varied as it can be without any one franchise flooding it more than the others. Especially on a new IP's maiden voyage. Maybe next game, if we get it. But for now...good variety of IPs beats flooding it with one IP because reasons.

Last edited:

Ze Diglett

Smash Champion
Writing Team
NNID
ZeDiglett
Yeah? Well guess what - TMNT got top billing in Nick Kart Racers 2, edging SpongeBob out not only in characters (5 TMNT vs. 4 SpongeBob), but also in track number (4 TMNT to 3 SpongeBob)
I'm willing to bet that's mostly because it was a kart racer with a larger roster, so they could afford to throw in all four turtles if they wanted to and still have room to spare. It certainly helps a series when it essentially has four main characters as opposed to one when it comes to roster padding.

Gorgonzales

Smash Ace
Guys, what if....

...What if the character lineup in the Garfield leak is legit, but Garfield himself is a custom model that was added to make it look like he's in the game too?

Like the guy was able to obtain a screenshot of the development models and was like "lmao, what if I added Garfield to this to make people think he's in the game"?

Last edited:

cashregister9

Smash Hero
I want to reiterate that Shredder's feet aren't gray

His shin guards are though

they could for some reason be using a different design. or a redesign

2012 has brown boots

Rise

2003 (Is the best one)

Last edited:

dlewis53

Smash Lord
Guys, what if....

...What if the character lineup in the Garfield leak is legit, but Garfield himself is a custom model that was added to make it look like he's in the game too?

Like the guy was able to obtain a screenshot of the development models and was like "lmao, what if I added Garfield to this to make people think he's in the game"?
...Well, that would definitely be a unique twist on a leak/fake-leak, that's for sure.

Ze Diglett

Smash Champion
Writing Team
NNID
ZeDiglett
Guys, what if....

I've been entertaining this possibility since the images first emerged. It certainly wouldn't be the first time a legit leak had fake info mixed in just to **** with people. It's why I think even if the models from the leak are real (read: they are), it's not a sure thing that Garfield's in the game. We could have a funny prankster at Fair Play, for all we know.
That still doesn't track. Because the show may be called TMNT, they're not the only characters worth using in the show. And the show being called Rugrats would feel odd, by your logic, if they only had a Rugrat, singular.

I dunno. I just don't get worked up over it and I can't fathom why others get so wound. Especially when they are probbly not going to even play all the turtles anyway. So it's just arguing to have them there for 'tradition' or because 'they must be cuz team', not for any other practical purpose. Which is lame. lol. I'm fine with missing a few turtles if it keeps a limited roster as varied as it can be without any one franchise flooding it more than the others. Especially on a new IP's maiden voyage. Maybe next game, if we get it. But for now...good variety of IPs beats flooding it with one IP because reasons.
To me, I guess the weird thing is less that they don't have all four turtles in the game and more that it seems that they just drew names out of a hat for the turtles that were gonna be in the game. Leo makes sense, being the leader and all, but how do you even decide on one of the three other turtles to join him? It'd be like adding just one of the BOTW Champions to Smash; at that point, how do you choose just one?

Last edited:

Capybara Gaming

Just Vibing
Premium
I want to reiterate that Shredder's feet aren't gray

His shin guards are though

they could for some reason be using a different design. or a redesign

2012 has brown boots

Rise

2003 (Is the best one)

Wow, I truly hate Rise's design

Wigglerman

Smash Ace
To me, I guess the weird thing is less that they don't have all four turtles in the game and more that it seems that they just drew names out of a hat for the turtles that were gonna be in the game. Leo makes sense, being the leader and all, but how do you even decide on one of the three other turtles to join him? It'd be like adding just one of the BOTW Champions to Smash; at that point, how do you choose just one?
Move set potential or favoritism. Whichever the devs like more. It's not that outlandish. Maybe the devs like Mikey more or they just felt his personality and weapon would offer a more fun moveset. Shrug It's not some huge philisophical ordeal or elaborate mathmatical formula to worthiness or something XD.

Last edited:

TCT~Phantom

Smash Master
Writing Team
NNID
TCT~Phantom
The babies fighting in the car is a brilliant idea that I never would have considered. NASB does look to be lacking in heavyweights

May we see said images?
Here you go.

I've been entertaining this possibility since the images first emerged. It certainly wouldn't be the first time a legit leak had fake info mixed in just to **** with people. It's why I think even if the models from the leak are real (read: they are), it's not a sure thing that Garfield's in the game. We could have a funny prankster at Fair Play, for all we know.

I mean, for TMNT one concern they might have had once they decided to do 80s turtles is that the turtles do blend together a lot. 80s is the worst offender of this by a lot, so I can totally see why they would do Shredder and April over Raph and Donny. Do Leo because he is the leader, choose their favorite turtle, and do two others.

TheBrainJem

Smash Hero
NNID
TheBrainJem
Guys, what if....

It's very possible yeah, I don't think it's that far fetched, though it does seem more unlikely to me than just the whole thing being legit. But I could be wrong

Garfield will probably be happening regardless, base roster of dlc, it seems inevitable.

Top Bottom