• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Nickelodeon All-Stars Brawl General Thread - All Star Brawl 2 Available Today!

ivanlerma

Smash Champion
i haven't played the game all too often but i do return to it whenever there's a new update and i have thought about giving it a try again for a while, although sometimes my mind protests against it you know how it goes.

I do occasionally play Spongebob since his movesets easy though there are other characters i play more such as Leo, Ren & Stimpy, Garfield, etc.

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
Who do you enjoy playing the most?
Nigel, Jenny
Who do you enjoy playing the least?
Not entirely sure how to answer this beyond deliberately avoiding the TLH characters
Should this game be improved upon or should the developers continue onward to a sequel instead?
Unfortunately I think a sequel will be the only way for casuals to not be ungrateful that they eventually added items and voices. However, further casual pandering should only come via side content, even more items, and crazier stages,not by giving into delusions that wavedashing ruined more than 1% of casual Melee sessions.

DrifloonEmpire

Smash Champion
Granted, wavedashing looks actually ****ing ridiculous when it's implemented on purpose. Seeing characters thrust into the ground to move at high speeds just feels bizarre.

Casuals aren't ungrateful at all, please don't put words in people's mouths. It's more that so many people stopped caring about the game already by the time items/voices were added. So it didn't have the big attention splash it could've had. That and making stages/items much more volitile is gonna make them so much less fun. Smash made that mistake in Smash 4 and I don't want the same thing to happen here. Some new stages having dynamic hazards would be super cool! But nothing over the top volatile.

Thanks for turning this into a negative discussion... again....

Last edited:

RileyXY1

Smash Hero
Granted, wavedashing looks actually ****ing ridiculous when it's implemented on purpose. Seeing characters thrust into the ground to move at high speeds just feels bizarre.

Casuals aren't ungrateful at all, please don't put words in people's mouths. It's more that so many people stopped caring about the game already by the time items/voices were added. So it didn't have the big attention splash it could've had. That and making stages/items much more volitile is gonna make them so much less fun. Smash made that mistake in Smash 4 and I don't want the same thing to happen here. Some new stages having dynamic hazards would be super cool! But nothing over the top volatile.

Thanks for turning this into a negative discussion... again....
Although Multiversus went for the opposite approach regarding stages and over there the stages are basically boring.

Geoffrey Druyts

Smash Ace
3DS FC
1993-7715-4423
Switch FC
SW-6723-8387-1403

Rocko this friday

Quick Gaming (QG)

Smash Lord

Rocko this friday
Crossing everything I got that entails crossplay too but I won’t hold my breath

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
That and making stages/items much more volitile is gonna make them so much less fun.
I didn't want crazier items for the casuals, I just think a sequel would just...add more items. And by "crazier stages" I mean things like Brinstar (not Brinstar Depths, screw that) or Temple, you know, things that've been casual Smash staples since Melee.

It just seemed like casuals are ungrateful because of things like this thread
still being a circlejerk over the game being dead even with items and voices added.

Quick Gaming (QG)

Smash Lord
I didn't want crazier items for the casuals, I just think a sequel would just...add more items. And by "crazier stages" I mean things like Brinstar (not Brinstar Depths, screw that) or Temple, you know, things that've been casual Smash staples since Melee.
Are we still on the “it needs to be more like Smash to appeal to more people” boat?

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
Honestly, I do agree that the casual stage lineup leaves a lot to be desired - a lot of them feel like they were designed for semi-competitive "Rishi's Jungle Jam" scenarios or to be as annoying as possible rather than couch play. That being said, the good ones are really good. The Dump, Gulch, both Loud stages, and Toast Trouble are rad as hell, even if 2 of them are partially FD clones.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

ah our 3rd dlc character (that cost money) at last. i guess it wont be long before we find out if they're doing any more
I don't think we'll find out on Friday one way or another. I think they'll give Rocko his day and announce s2 (if it's happening) at a later date. Maybe a confirmation of more if anything.

Ze Diglett

Smash Champion
Writing Team
NNID
ZeDiglett
Happy 1 Year Anniversary to Nickelodeon All Star Brawl! Can't believe this thread has been around for well over a year now, it's been a great time all and all and I'm glad to see the game continue to get better over time (even if incrementally :dedede: )

So have some prompts to celebrate the occasion (you don't have to answer all of these, they're just examples):

Who do you enjoy playing the most? (For me would be Oblina)
Who do you enjoy playing the least? (Probably Rocko since I haven't played him yet :4pacman:)

What was your favorite NASB meme pre-release? (any of those silhouette memes that were just absurd, those were the best)

What is your favorite NASB meme post-release? (the NASB Sweep meme that caught on when MVS first came out and NASB players were on top)

Are you happy with the game overall or do you think there's still room for improvement? (I'm content with the game as is, but probably because I'm anticipating them to make major adjustments/improvements over the next year or so or just moving on to a sequel altogether)

Should this game be improved upon or should the developers continue onward to a sequel instead? (I would personally vouch for a sequel, simply due to the current game not being favorable for a lot of people even after major improvements and changes, it would probably be better to start fresh. Plus a new budget would probably give a pretty good chance of improved visual design/graphical finesse)

That's all, you can go reminisce on Sora now lol
Favorite Character: Garfield, though I also think Zim's pretty fun (still have not tried Hugh)
Least Favorite: Korra (nothing personal, I just tend to dislike slow neutral-heavy bruisers)
Favorite Pre-release Meme: Probably this one
...but this one's pretty good too
Favorite Post-release Meme: The Australian Government Hack of July 2022 (DO NOT RESEARCH)

I'm fairly happy with the game as it is, though my motivation to play it is pretty low right now given how few people play it. I'm hoping we can get crossplay soon so it's at least a little easier to get a match online. At this point I feel like they should just cut their losses and get to work on a sequel since the time for NASB to win back its playerbase has very much passed, but at the same time most of Ludosity is going hard on Slap City at the moment and I don't want to take that away from them.

Last edited:

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
but at the same time most of Ludosity is going hard on Slap City at the moment and I don't want to take that away from them.
NASB was never solely Ludosity's work anyway, especially now where Fair Play Labs is doing the majority of post-release content.

Ze Diglett

Smash Champion
Writing Team
NNID
ZeDiglett
NASB was never solely Ludosity's work anyway, especially now where Fair Play Labs is doing the majority of post-release content.
It wasn't, but at the same time, I can't imagine a sequel without their involvement. They'd pretty much have be on board at least partially, and the game would probably suffer a lot if they just weren't involved at all.

Torgo the Bear

Smash Lord
NNID
u2outofcontrol
Switch FC
SW-1209-7008-3905
View attachment 361816
some text because I'm too used to seeing people getting infractions for image only posts
I definitely want to believe this means there’s more content coming but I have to mention it’s totally possible that future patches would just be rebalancing (especially in case Rocko has some sort of issue)

LimeTH

Smash Lord
Happy 1 Year Anniversary to Nickelodeon All Star Brawl! Can't believe this thread has been around for well over a year now, it's been a great time all and all and I'm glad to see the game continue to get better over time (even if incrementally :dedede: )

So have some prompts to celebrate the occasion (you don't have to answer all of these, they're just examples):

Who do you enjoy playing the most? (For me would be Oblina)
Who do you enjoy playing the least? (Probably Rocko since I haven't played him yet :4pacman:)

What was your favorite NASB meme pre-release? (any of those silhouette memes that were just absurd, those were the best)

What is your favorite NASB meme post-release? (the NASB Sweep meme that caught on when MVS first came out and NASB players were on top)

Are you happy with the game overall or do you think there's still room for improvement? (I'm content with the game as is, but probably because I'm anticipating them to make major adjustments/improvements over the next year or so or just moving on to a sequel altogether)

Should this game be improved upon or should the developers continue onward to a sequel instead? (I would personally vouch for a sequel, simply due to the current game not being favorable for a lot of people even after major improvements and changes, it would probably be better to start fresh. Plus a new budget would probably give a pretty good chance of improved visual design/graphical finesse)

That's all, you can go reminisce on Sora now lol
Favorite to play: Garfield and Jenny. I wish I liked ZIM a bit more, but I think he's just okay

Least favorite to play: I actually couldn't really jive with Hugh, he feels too slow. Not too crazy about Danny or Patrick either.

Favorite meme pre-release: The ones where people took Nick characters and applied Smash terms and jargon to them, or had them act aware that they're in a platform fighter. And Stick Sticky.

Favorite meme post-release: Are there any? Feels like most are just spent ****ting on the game.

Am I happy with the game?: I definitely think I prefer it to Multiversus, since NASB's hit detection actually functions and has interesting stages. But I do understand a lot of the complaints about presentation, content and roster picks. I'm on the fence I guess.
I agree with the sentiment that the time and money spent trying to get NASB up to snuff would probably be better spent on a sequel with the increased budget NKR3 got. The mainstream perception of the game is already set in stone and there's no budging it.
Plus a sequel would be able let the devs work on crazy roster choices again since base rosters are the best place for that sort of thing.

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
I agree with the sentiment that the time and money spent trying to get NASB up to snuff would probably be better spent on a sequel with the increased budget NKR3 got.
Hell, they'd probably only have the resources for proper single-player content by starting work on NASB2. Budgets for fighting game DLC passes are usually much smaller than base game budgets, they just mask it by putting a lot of work into a few characters.

Janx_uwu

Smash Champion
Writing Team
I really like the one meme where Timmy Turner goes "Cosmo and Wanda, I wish Nigel will DI inwards for my down throw"

Anyways, this is a really fun game and I wish I played it more, so glad it's gotten as much love as it has. My personal favorites to play as are Patrick and Reptar, though I can never go wrong with pretty much anyone on the roster that I've played as (still haven't touched a lot of them though - I haven't had the chance to play Nick Brawl in a bit). The game is super fun to watch competitively and every new piece of news is really fun to lurk this thread about.

My only major complaints with the game are the basic ones that the "NASB KILLER!" fans have, but the difference is my issues with the game don't actively drive me away from it. As someone who has terrible luck finding games on Discord for anything, the inactive quickplay queue was definitely hurting my overall opinion of the game, and the graphical style just looks a bit off to me. Tech situations also feel jank but that might just be my thousands of hours with Ultimate that are throwing me off. I don't actually have a problem with the initial lack of alts and voice acting (I actually turn the voices off usually) and the soundtrack is fantastic.

So yeah, I would love a sequel, and if that is the direction they go in I'm definitely getting it on Switch instead of PC this time - lack of mods is a small price to pay for being able to more conveniently enjoy the game (instead of freezing my ass off in my basement while I wait for a Discord ping).

Also, I'm not a huge Nick fan so I guess I don't really have a preference on who gets in next. I know Jorgen would be cool and would fit my playstyle a lot. And speaking of cool buff dudes from the mind of that one guy, Crimson Chin would be a cool semi-clone of PTM, in the same vein as Ganondorf and Captain Falcon. As far as my other big wants, I'm hoping for more Nick Jr characters - that was primarily where I grew up on Nickelodean, before I grew up and it got oversaturated with Sam & Cat and Henry Danger and whatnot (I would feel really awkward if anyone from a live action show got in, not because of the weird implications of a Dan Schneider show having representation in...anything, pretty much, and not even from the uncanniness of seeing Sam hit Shredder with a butter sock, but mainly just because I feel weirdly guilty about enjoying a lot of those shows - a lot of them I only watched because they were the only thing on and I was an incredibly lazy kid). But yeah, more stuff like Dora, Mr. Grouper, a Team Umizoomi character, stuff like that would just fill my heart, truthfully.

anyways yeah, can't wait until the swaysway and buhdeuce wobble infinite gets discovered on day one of nasb 2

RileyXY1

Smash Hero
This is what I think the NASB2 roster will be:

SpongeBob
Patrick
Sandy
Squidward
Leo
Mikey
Donnie
Raph
April
Shredder
Lincoln
Luna
Lucy
Aang
Toph
Zuko
Korra
Jimmy
Hugh
Ren and Stimpy
Powdered Toast Man
Arnold
Helga
Garfield
Odie
Reptar
Timmy
Zim
Nigel
Oblina
El Tigre
Rocko
Danny
CatDog
Daggett and Norbert

Last edited:

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed

SpongeBob
Patrick
Sandy
Squidward
Leo
Mikey
Donnie
Raph
April
Shredder
Luna
Lucy
Aang
Toph
Zuko
Korra
Jimmy
Hugh
Ren and Stimpy
Powdered Toast Man
Arnold
Helga
Garfield
Odie
Reptar
Timmy
Zim
Nigel
Oblina
El Tigre
Rocko
Danny
CatDog
Daggett and Norbert
im gonna wait for this one to be done before i start thinking about that

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
It really bothers me how completionism regarding all four Turtles, Beaver ICs, etc. seems to not care that Oblina is part of a trio. Shouldn't you have a problem with the lack of Ickis and Krumm as well?

CapitaineCrash

Smash Champion

SpongeBob
Patrick
Sandy
Squidward
Leo
Mikey
Donnie
Raph
April
Shredder
Luna
Lucy
Aang
Toph
Zuko
Korra
Jimmy
Hugh
Ren and Stimpy
Powdered Toast Man
Arnold
Helga
Garfield
Odie
Reptar
Timmy
Zim
Nigel
Oblina
El Tigre
Rocko
Danny
CatDog
Daggett and Norbert
Why would you remove Lincoln? Unless you just forgot him.

Capybara Gaming

Just Vibing
Premium
Luna is more popular and is a better fit for a fighting game so it makes sense for her to take Lincoln’s place on the roster.
You kept literally everyone else, at this point you might as well keep him just for that. Also, I conquer with W3. For supposedly being a series you love so much, you certainly take a lot of opportunity to dunk on it.

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
What is it with you and Loud House-centric pessimism?
You kept literally everyone else, at this point you might as well keep him just for that. Also, I conquer with W3. For supposedly being a series you love so much, you certainly take a lot of opportunity to dunk on it.
Riley thinks the Loud House hatedom is dominant enough to purge TLH from Nick crossovers...which still hasn't happened yet and certainly didn't prevent The Loud House Christmas from being made.

Top Bottom