• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Nickelodeon All-Stars Brawl General Thread - All Star Brawl 2 Available Today!

RileyXY1

Smash Hero
Based on the CSS right now it's very likely that one of SBSP, Avatar, or TLH will get another rep so that the TMNT characters would all be back on a single row. I believe that we are at least getting one more pack of three fighters.

Quick Gaming (QG)

Smash Lord
Does anyone else think that the push for voice acting in NASB led to NKR3 having voice acting planned for launch?
100%
I’m basically gonna be repeating myself but Nickelodeon has slowly been putting more and more into their gaming division after Nicktoons MLB flopped years ago and NASB I think has been the tipping point to bring their games back to how they used to be in the 2000’s

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
100%
I’m basically gonna be repeating myself but Nickelodeon has slowly been putting more and more into their gaming division after Nicktoons MLB flopped years ago and NASB I think has been the tipping point to bring their games back to how they used to be in the 2000’s
At the same time I don't think it necessarily means Nick will start having their characters star in AAA games. While NKR3 was announced with voice acting, it's still being funded and published by GameMill, who doesn't do AAA games.

Then again, most Nicktoons games were published by THQ in the 2000s, and they do mid-tier budgets at best.

CapitaineCrash

Smash Champion
At the same time I don't think it necessarily means Nick will start having their characters star in AAA games. While NKR3 was announced with voice acting, it's still being funded and published by GameMill, who doesn't do AAA games.

Then again, most Nicktoons games were published by THQ in the 2000s, and they do mid-tier budgets at best.
On that topic, I remember that a few years ago THQ said that they have a new deal to release more Nickelodeon games. So far they did the Spongebob BFBB remake and they have a upcoming Spongebob game. I wonder if they'll do more remake after that.

I remember also seeing a rumor that a Avatar the last airbender MMO was in development. Not sure how legit the source was but this could be huge (doubt THQ would make a MMO tho so it must be unrelated).

Last edited:

RileyXY1

Smash Hero
On that topic, I remember that a few years ago THQ said that they have a new deal to release more Nickelodeon games. So far they did the Spongebob BFBB remake and they have a upcoming Spongebob game. I wonder if they'll do more remake after that.

I remember also seeing a rumor that a Avatar the last airbender MMO was in development. Not sure how legit the source was but this could be huge (doubt THQ would make a MMO tho so it must be unrelated).
Based on their list of franchises they want to see revived they are most likely going to work on more Nick games, including a potential revival of the Nicktoons Unite games.

Quick Gaming (QG)

Smash Lord

Oh for sure, I’m expecting like Volcano Island level of games

RileyXY1

Smash Hero
I assume a new Nicktoons Unite team would consist of SB; Garf; Lincoln; and a turtle (probably Mikey) - maybe also Tommy in an NPC role like Jimmy took in Volcano Island
I believe that Danny's gonna stick around because he's been in nearly every Nickelodeon crossover game since DP premiered.

Quick Gaming (QG)

Smash Lord
I agree with above, barring Kart Racers 1 Danny is the only other Nicktoons character with a perfect playable track record besides SpongeBob. I see it being Sponge, Danny, Lincoln and Garf

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
I've noticed a few alt costume bugs in this patch - CatDog's hats are upside down, Korra's alt is now a carbon copy of her default so nothings changed lmao, and Lincoln's hat appears before him in respawn

Man, I do hope this is pointung to something.

SneakyLink

NNID
bne9635
Switch FC
SW-6259-3694-6593
I've noticed a few alt costume bugs in this patch - CatDog's hats are upside down, Korra's alt is now a carbon copy of her default so nothings changed lmao, and Lincoln's hat appears before him in respawn

Man, I do hope this is pointung to something.
Hopefully a bug fix patch is on the way soon.

Still a bit unhappy at another bug causing the two Jenny icons added in her update to be erased and replaced with Hugh icons. Obviously this is a bug and I hope it gets fixed soon, especially as one of them became my main icon.

Last edited:

RileyXY1

Smash Hero
I agree with above, barring Kart Racers 1 Danny is the only other Nicktoons character with a perfect playable track record besides SpongeBob. I see it being Sponge, Danny, Lincoln and Garf
And Lincoln and Garfield probably won't be there, because their series lack notable villains.

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
Honestly I don't think they'd put one legacy character in a team of otherwise relevant characters, especially over names as big as the TMNT or Garfield.

It's not like Mr. Crocker or Plankton could particularly be considered "villains" in the sense the Nicktoons Unite games play them up like anyway, it wouldn't be too much of a stretch for the Shredder to team up with Binky the Clown from the prescedent of Vlad teaming up with a struggling restaurant owner, and later games dropped the Syndicate of Evil eniterly so I don't see why a new Unite couldn't have a single and/or original villain - hell, use a villain from another show not represented in the main team like Zim or Vlad.

Last edited:

RileyXY1

Smash Hero
Honestly I don't think they'd put one legacy character in a team of otherwise relevant characters, especially over names as big as the TMNT or Garfield.

It's not like Mr. Crocker or Plankton could particularly be considered "villains" in the sense the Nicktoons Unite games play them up like anyway, it wouldn't be too much of a stretch for the Shredder to team up with Binky the Clown from the prescedent of Vlad teaming up with a struggling restaurant owner, and later games dropped the Syndicate of Evil eniterly so I don't see why a new Unite couldn't have a single and/or original villain - hell, use a villain from another show not represented in the main team like Zim or Vlad.
I believe that a new Nicktoons Unite (if it's not a remake/remaster of the earlier games) would have a team taken from all over Nick's history.

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
I believe that a new Nicktoons Unite (if it's not a remake/remaster of the earlier games) would have a team taken from all over Nick's history.
Regardless of which demographic they aim for in character picks, it's kinda foolish to deny that Garfield and a turtle would be in a new team, or in the case of a large Toybots-size time, take top billing.

Last edited:

RileyXY1

Smash Hero
Regardless of which demographic they aim for in character picks, it's kinda foolish to deny that Garfield and a turtle would be in a new team, or in the case of a large Toybots-size time, take top billing.
I think they'll be there, but not Lincoln whose series is far too mundane and slice of life for this kind of game.

D

Deleted member

I could see Zim as the villan, or at least working under an orignal villain.

I think maybe they'd keep Avatar characters separate. They where never part of the old games and while I think they're fine with crososvers like NASB and Kart, a game with an actual story may be a different matter.

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
I think maybe they'd keep Avatar characters separate. They where never part of the old games and while I think they're fine with crososvers like NASB and Kart, a game with an actual story may be a different matter.
ALTA wasn't included in the Nicktoons Unite games because Bryan and Mike wanted game devs to wait until ATLA was finished until it could appear in crossovers.

RileyXY1

Smash Hero
ALTA wasn't included in the Nicktoons Unite games because Bryan and Mike wanted game devs to wait until ATLA was finished until it could appear in crossovers.
Pretty much, as Aang didn't appear in any Nicktoons crossover games on consoles until Nicktoons MLB in 2011, which came out four years after ATLA finished in 2007, and only one year before The Legend of Korra premiered in 2012. And now, he's a regular fixture of Nick crossover games, especially considering that Nick wants to do more with the Avatar franchise.

Top Bottom