• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Nickelodeon All-Stars Brawl General Thread - All Star Brawl 2 Available Today!

SneakyLink

NNID
bne9635
Switch FC
SW-6259-3694-6593
There’s a bug on this update:

Some of Jenny’s online icons have been completely overwritten with Hugh’s online icons.

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
...are there supposed to be singers in Hugh's stage theme singing DUCKS AND PIIIIIIIIIIIE?

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
...after Garfield had 9 minutes of dialog, I'd expect the same for Hugh.

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
I think Hugh is really fun, but my muscle memory is so attuned to multiversus I can't play this well at all
Just wait until you realize he has a back air that can't be performed without holding down the strafe button.

dlewis53

Smash Lord
Well, I discovered at least one new bug: Garfield doesn't do the drill kick animation whenever using his Light Down Aerial; the attack itself still works as intended, but he's just frozen in place while the swirl effect appears.

Ze Diglett

Smash Champion
Writing Team
NNID
ZeDiglett
Oh my god they did it.
They made Donut Boy his victory animation.
This character is perfect.

Little bummed that Cool Hugh isn't his alt, but eh, can't have everything I suppose.

EDIT: His stage theme is giving me real Crash Twinsanity vibes and that is one of the highest compliments I can possibly give.

Last edited:

dlewis53

Smash Lord
Okay, can someone explain how to do Hugh's backair beyond just "hold the strafe button"? Because I've tried and still haven't figured it out.

Quick Gaming (QG)

Smash Lord
Mod Edit: Censor Dodge Removed

God they really didn't have to go that hard for Hugh but I'm so glad they did. Best fighting game character of all time, 10/10.
Fine, I’ll tolerate yet another patch of no crossplay, but only because this is hilarious

Last edited by a moderator:

MBRedboy31

Smash Lord
Edit: I found another silly, albeit more minor Hugh easter egg!

If you hold up tilt, he will stay in that pose with his hand up. If you rapidly mash left or right on the control stick, he will scoot around the stage without any animation and it makes a little squeaky sound. (I tried to do this with PTM's up tilt, but he can't move while doing it.)

Okay, can someone explain how to do Hugh's backair beyond just "hold the strafe button"? Because I've tried and still haven't figured it out.
While holding the strafe button, jump, hold the direction opposite the way he is facing so that he is moving backwards while midair, and press light attack, which will make him do a multihit twirl instead of a single hit flip.

Last edited:

ivanlerma

Smash Champion
You Know what should've been Hugh's Costume?
Screenshot (516).png

The Duck Mask from Party at Neutron's

-The Images in the wiki gallery were to blurry.

Quick Gaming (QG)

Smash Lord
I’m not sure if it was intentional but I noticed if you mash mid strong while on the ground (the puppet) and also tap left and right back and forth he’ll swing the puppet back and forth with very little end lag

dlewis53

Smash Lord
I’m not sure if it was intentional but I noticed if you mash mid strong while on the ground (the puppet) and also tap left and right back and forth he’ll swing the puppet back and forth with very little end lag
Huh, I've been pulling it off just by mashing the button. Does tapping left and right on the stick make it go faster?

Also, regarding the special input, does it matter where the circle starts?

Last edited:

DrifloonEmpire

Smash Champion
Anyone else have an obscene amount of trouble beating specifically Level 9 AI Sandy? That damn lasso interrupts EVERYTHING and there's zero punishment for her if she misses, and every move comes out almost instantly.

As someone who despises squirrels (especially them wrecking three hummingbird feeders over the course of the summer) and someone who's started to sour on Sandy as of late, this is nearly driving me to the bottle...

Last edited:

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend

This moveset satisfied me. They did it, the absolute madmen. 😤

On a side happy note, I finally figured out the phone approval thing for Discord, so I might discuss and suggest Brawlers on the NASB channel.

SPACE FOR ONE MORE CHARACTER OM THE CSS, I REPEAT, SPACE FOR ONE MORE CHARACTER ON THE CSS
So...what you're saying is, possibility for Universe Pack 2, then? 🤔

I think Hugh is really fun, but my muscle memory is so attuned to multiversus I can't play this well at all
Think of it this way: MultiVersus is Brawlhalla, while this is Street Fighter. Which certainly explains why Hugh uses a move from Chun-Li, of all people.

My one complaint is no "HUCK LUCK CLUCK YUCK YEAH OOOOOOOOOH CARIBOU!" reference.
For me, no Quantum Replay, but they did at least reference another element from its episode via the Soda Burp.

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
I think he means a second pack can't happen, just one more fighter. As if they apparently can't edit the CSS to accomodate more.
I was implying a second pack is possible, not only one character.

Well I certainly hope it is. The 900k views on the DLC trailer doesn't necessarily mean 900k sales for the pass let alone the game. I think a lot of people weren't actually interested in playing the game, just memeing on it.
For reference, if you look up "Nickelodeon" on the Switch eShop, there are only 4 games listed - NKR, NASB, NKR2, and BFBBR - that is most to least popular according to the popularity tab. NASB's DLC is below all of them. Of note, the entire pack as a set of 3 is the most popular buying option, followed by Hugh alone, with him already being more popular than Jenny alone. I don't think this info is worth anything without exact numbers, and given BFBBR was considered a huge success - to the point that it had voice acting confirmed for its original sequel before NASB was even announced - and that's the worst selling full game in the search, I don't think this "lack of popularity" will be a big deal. The full game still sold better than NKR2 so if we don't get more DLC a sequel is still on the cards. (not to mention that this is just Switch players, who... you know, have Smash)

Last edited:

KatKit

Smash Lord
I presume he's actually referring to the SF input special taunt move Hugh has, which is, and I'm not ****ting you, Chun-Li's Level 2 super from SF2.
I like how this sounds like a Hugh meme or a "Sonic in Melee" urban legend, BUT IT'S TRUE. I can't. Ahahaha. As if the Evo Hugh release wasn't enough, you can also replicate Evo moment #37

By the way, I love how you can chain his dance move combo into the finger point, into the taunt. It's all so silly. They referenced a lot from the show and managed to make a goofy dad moveset that's super fun!

Last edited:

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
NKR, NASB, NKR2, and BFBBR - that is most to least popular according to the popularity tab. NASB's DLC is below all of them. Of note, the entire pack as a set of 3 is the most popular buying option, followed by Hugh alone, with him already being more popular than Jenny alone. I don't think this info is worth anything without exact numbers, and given BFBBR was considered a huge success - to the point that it had voice acting confirmed for its original sequel before NASB was even announced - and that's the worst selling full game in the search, I don't think this "lack of popularity" will be a big deal. The full game still sold better than NKR2 so if we don't get more DLC a sequel is still on the cards.
wait

hold on a second

why would NKR1 still be selling better than KR2? Is SpongeBob and TMNT alone good enough for a lot of people?

Top Bottom