• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Nickelodeon All-Stars Brawl General Thread - All Star Brawl 2 Available Today!

Fields - Ultimate's Great

Smash Journeyman
I feel NASB did live up to the hype, but a lot of that hype was coming from the wrong audience - people unfamiliar with competitive platform fighters, and people unfamiliar with the current state of the Nickelodeon brand. (especailly within crossovers)
Nah. As someone who loves NASB it absolutely did not live up to the hype. It was never going to due to the amount of expectations it received and the crunch forced on Ludosity. That's not getting into fairly divisive decisions on their part.

skylanders fan

Smash Lord
NNID
KyleWussler
Nah. As someone who loves NASB it absolutely did not live up to the hype. It was never going to due to the amount of expectations it received and the crunch forced on Ludosity. That's not getting into fairly divisive decisions on their part.
Also it was coming out just when smash was ending so people were looking g for something else to speculate on

RileyXY1

Smash Hero
And not to mention a more hyped game (Multiversus) was announced not long after that sucked all the oxygen out of the room. That and it coming out on the same day as Sora's release.

dlewis53

Smash Lord
So, since Hugh hasn't been shown off yet, does that mean he'll be shown off at EVO? And if so, which Youtube stream do I watch? Is it that Playstation thing in the tweet that NASB's Twitter page quote-tweeted?

LimeTH

Smash Lord
Getting this out real quick before Hugh happens.

Jennette McCurdy is putting out a book about her experiences as a child actor and.... if we weren't getting iCarly stuff in this game before we most certainly aren't now.

ivanlerma

Smash Champion
Getting this out real quick before Hugh happens.

Jennette McCurdy is putting out a book about her experiences as a child actor and.... if we weren't getting iCarly stuff in this game before we most certainly aren't now.
Curious, Why is that?

ivanlerma

Smash Champion

She's spoken before about having a bad experience
Hmm, good on her atleast, if that's what i am understanding she doesn't wish to pay a contract to ignore all her experiences from Nick.

dlewis53

Smash Lord
So, does anyone know if Hugh's appeared yet?

Because I've been kind of keeping track of the EVO Lounge, and so far all they've been talking about for the past two hours has been just the brackets, players, and whatnot, and I'm starting to get bored.

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
The person running the creators tournament live stream (which has Rep and DeCarlo) said that Hugh will be revealed (and presumably released) before that live stream starts, which is in about 3 hours

dlewis53

Smash Lord
The person running the creators tournament live stream (which has Rep and DeCarlo) said that Hugh will be revealed (and presumably released) before that live stream starts, which is in about 3 hours
Well, if I'm reading the schedule for EVO right, the Lounge Live thing is supposed to end around 8 PM tonight, so yeah, somewhere in the remaining 3 hours, we should get Hugh.

D

Deleted member

I wonder if it might not be at the lounge. Seems like that's more for analysis stuff. The Nasb Twitter or the main evo twitch steam may be rhe place to look. Idk

dlewis53

Smash Lord
I wonder if it might not be at the lounge. Seems like that's more for analysis stuff. The Nasb Twitter or the main evo twitch steam may be rhe place to look. Idk
I thought it'd be at the lounge because that's the tweet the All-Star Brawl Twitter quoted, plus it mentions "developer guests", so I figured that's where to look.

Has anyone been keeping track of the main stage to see if anything's happened?

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I thought it'd be at the lounge because that's the tweet the All-Star Brawl Twitter quoted, plus it mentions "developer guests", so I figured that's where to look.

Has anyone been keeping track of the main stage to see if anything's happened?
Oh it probably is the lounge. There's an SNK panel on the main stage right now so unless they sandwich it between stuff it's prolly the lounge. Idk

D

Deleted member

Showcase is on the main evo stream right now.

Last edited by a moderator:

dlewis53

Smash Lord
So, on the one hand, not only did they not get Mark DeCarlo to narrate the video, but they also had one of the Fair Play Lab guys do it instead of Rep, which is also a bit disappointing.

On the other hand...sweet Jesus, I thought Powdered Toast Man was the wackiest character in the game, but then Hugh basically went "Hold my Purple Flurp"; his moveset is hilarious, and I can't wait to play him once the update finishes downloading!

Also, was not expecting that to be his stage, but it does feel fitting for him. Also, as pointed out, with this, if Jimmy gets in later, then his stage is DEFINITELY gonna be based on his lab.

So yeah, Hugh looks like fun!

Capybara Gaming

Just Vibing
Premium
...did they seriously repurpose two of Garfield's ideas for him?

The burp neutral strong in the air and the "dream world" stage?

Honestly kind of lame...

AND we didn't even get cool Hugh as the alt skin? Cowabummer

Last edited:
Top Bottom