• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Nickelodeon All-Stars Brawl General Thread - All Star Brawl 2 Available Today!

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
Does it even matter if NASB support is cut off quickly? Knowing GameMill and considering NASB's base game sales, a sequel would be inevitable either way.

That being said... yeah, I do think making the DLC paid in a game where one of the biggest complaints was it's vast overpricing was a bad move, especially after setting a prescedent with two free DLC characters, to the point where a lot of die hard fans who were fully in the loop didn't know if the DLC would be paid or not until Jenny was revealed, let alone the main kid/family demographics

RileyXY1

Smash Hero
Either way I hope that support continues, it'd be a worse business move to cut it off now than keep releasing paid DLC. Having a sequel already be developed would probably put people off even more.
Yeah. Most NASB players don't want to shell out another 50 bucks for another game instead of 12 bucks for another DLC pack.

DrifloonEmpire

Smash Champion
I'm sure this'll be a hot take but I'm honestly sick of them using the 80s turtles at this point, I like the turtles with a little more identity.
I love the 80's designs, but I agree that they should've stuck with 2012 for the Kart Racers.

Quick Gaming (QG)

Smash Lord
Could be worse. GameMill wanted them to be more expensive.
no they didn't, GameMill argued with Nickelodeon to lower the price. GameMill are also the ones attempting to breathe new life into this game with some big re-launch and I can only presume this Ultimate edition is just that

Ludosity likely didn't get a say on any pricing considering Rep wasn't even aware the game was launching at the price it was

Source: a playtester in the NASB Grinders Discord who has met with/talked with people from GameMill before (not referring to myself here btw)

Last edited:

ivanlerma

Smash Champion
no they didn't, GameMill argued with Nickelodeon to lower the price. GameMill are also the ones attempting to breathe new life into this game with some big re-launch and I can only presume this Ultimate edition is just that

Ludosity likely didn't get a say on any pricing considering Rep wasn't even aware the game was launching at the price it was

Source: a playtester in the NASB Grinders Discord who has met with/talked with people from GameMill before (not referring to myself here btw)
This is bringing some new perspective to this conversation

dlewis53

Smash Lord
Also, regarding Garfield and Shredder "setting the prececedent", the only reason they were free was because they were intended to be base game; in a perfect world, Jenny would've been the first proper DLC fighter.

So I don't really see the issue here, especially since they were upfront about what characters are in the pass.

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
Also, regarding Garfield and Shredder "setting the prececedent", the only reason they were free was because they were intended to be base game; in a perfect world, Jenny would've been the first proper DLC fighter.

So I don't really see the issue here, especially since they were upfront about what characters are in the pass.
I'm not viewing this from the perspective of a NASB die hard who'd be in the loop as much as Nickelodeon's actual audience, kids who's grandmas got them the game for Christmas just because they saw SpongeBob and a Ninja Turtle.

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
I'm not viewing this from the perspective of a NASB die hard who'd be in the loop as much as Nickelodeon's actual audience, kids who's grandmas got them the game for Christmas just because they saw SpongeBob and a Ninja Turtle.
I think you're kind of overestimating the size of this audience. I think we would've actually heard about the game selling a million like Shredder's Revenge could in a week if they were big enough to be a concern

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
I think you're kind of overestimating the size of this audience. I think we would've actually heard about the game selling a million like Shredder's Revenge could in a week if they were big enough to be a concern
Shredder's Revenge sold a million before it could release physically, so I'm pretty sure those sales aren't coming from casual gaming families for the most part.

Last edited:

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
Shredder's Revenge sold a million before it could release physically, so I'm pretty sure those sales aren't coming from casual gaming families for the most part.
Yeah but I doubt casual gaming families are a silent MAJORITY when it comes to NASB sales. Just...silent.

dlewis53

Smash Lord
...Okay, so then what's the alternative? They make all the DLC free?

LimeTH

Smash Lord
What's with all the 80's Turtles lately? I can see the nostalgia bait working in Shredder's Revenge (a love letter to the original TMNT beat em ups specfically targeted to Turtles fans) and NASB (a platform fighter crossover, which always get a good load of attention regardless of topic), but the people who grew up watching TMNT back in the day are by average in their 40's. I don't think they're going to be picking up a Nickelodeon kart racing game if TMNT was the only selling point to them.
My guess is they're just using a softened up, modernized version of the 80's designs as generic catch all designs for the Ninja Turtles, the same way SEGA basically created a new design for "Classic Sonic" to slap onto everything. The actual 80's TMNT don't even really look like they do in all the vector art. They aren't that bright green and their faces aren't that flat.

I think besides Jojo Siwa, the original roster is mostly safe (no, they are not going to remove Lincoln). Crazy to see Jenny's NASB demand now bringing her into all these other games.

Last edited:

Quick Gaming (QG)

Smash Lord
What's with all the 80's Turtles lately? I can see the nostalgia bait working in Shredder's Revenge (a love letter to the original TMNT beat em ups specfically targeted to Turtles fans) and NASB (a platform fighter crossover, which always get a good load of attention regardless of topic), but the people who grew up watching TMNT back in the day are by average in their 40's. I don't think they're going to be picking up a Nickelodeon kart racing game if TMNT was the only selling point to them.
My guess is they're just using a softened up, modernized version of the 80's designs as generic catch all designs for the Ninja Turtles, the same way SEGA basically created a new design for "Classic Sonic" to slap onto everything. The actual 80's TMNT don't even really look like they do in all the vector art. They aren't that bright green and their faces aren't that flat.

I think besides Jojo Siwa, the original roster is mostly safe (no, they are not going to remove Lincoln). Crazy to see Jenny's NASB demand now bringing her into all these other games.
Rise underperformed in toy sales so they scrapped it and have to bank on TMNT in other ways, and if it’s Nickelodeon, nostalgia is always a safe bet

To add onto the Jenny thing I do believe this is basically what happened to Zim as well, albeit it took Jenny much longer. Who knows, this may not be the end for her

Last edited:

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
My guess is they're just using a softened up, modernized version of the 80's designs as generic catch all designs for the Ninja Turtles, the same way SEGA basically created a new design for "Classic Sonic" to slap onto everything. The actual 80's TMNT don't even really look like they do in all the vector art. They aren't that bright green and their faces aren't that flat
Rise underperformed in toy sales so they scrapped it and have to bank on TMNT in other ways, and if it’s Nickelodeon, nostalgia is always a safe bet
I think Nick want there to not be a dominant TMNT series. 87 has all the nostalgia cashgrabs, but Paramount+ ads feature 03, the Totally Turtles channel is 2012-centric but plays 03 on weekends, and Rise has that movie coming up.

On the other hand I think that movie will be it for Rise, once it releases Rise is getting dumped into the sewers.

Last edited:

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
I feel like 80s turtles would be a questionable decision for a kart racer without VA due to how hard they are to distinguish from behind apart from their sheathed weapons... that being said, I think that with VA 80s TMNT are arguably the optimal choice given how iconic their voices specifically are and just how major a part of kart racers voices are compared to other genres (especially given faces are rarely visible in them), in addition to the main argument for them with VA removed: generally being the most iconic iteration of the turtles in the mainstream

Last edited:

Capybara Gaming

Just Vibing

LimeTH

Smash Lord
I'm gonna be honest I hate this design. I'm not even a diehard turtles fan, but they completely took everything I liked about April and threw it away.

She literally has superpowers here. And she seriously running around with a bat like she's Goro Majima.

I already didn't like that incarnation of the turtles but damn.
I think my main problem with this design, even though I like it in a vacuum, is how much of a departure it is from every other April.

NOT because she's black, April has been black before, but the red glasses, the hairstyle, the baggy jacket and skirt, she looks more like Irma than April.

1658181445503.png

Why did they not just... make it Irma?

Last edited:

LimeTH

Smash Lord
So what's the consensus on that "Ultimate Edition" leak? Do you guys think it's real or fake?

Baysha

Smash Ace
I think the Ultimate Edition could be real. But if it is, I think it would be in a very early stage of development.

Top Bottom