• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Nickelodeon All-Stars Brawl General Thread - All Star Brawl 2 Available Today!

CrusherMania1592

Deaf Smasher
Premium
3DS FC
5472-7454-3545
I know, but do you really think they'd go for Ronnie Anne before El Tigre?
Knowing how they went with Oblina instead of Ickis, Nigel instead of Eliza/Dawin/Donnie, and Hugh instead of Jimmy, anything is literally possible at this point

Quick Gaming (QG)

Smash Lord
I see it in the RTC thread every time a Loud sister comes up. "She'd have 8 other siblings to compete with plus all the other TLH characters". I think they're overestimating how much any of these other characters would actually work in a fighting game. They're not going to consider literally every Loud family member as a potential character.
Not counting main character Lincoln, Lucy made sense because she had a ton to work with within her character gimmick of being a vampire obsessed goth girl. People are so focused on Luan and Luna because of that same reason. A prankster comedian and wannabe rock star have a lot of potential. What would Leni even do? What would the others do? They flat out said Lily ain't happening.
The only other possible contender is Lisa and they'd have to figure out how to keep her from edging in on the turf of the single most requested character for the game.
Not to mention Lucy mainly got in due to one person at Ludosity pushing for her. Reason? Unsure

RileyXY1

Smash Hero
I see it in the RTC thread every time a Loud sister comes up. "She'd have 8 other siblings to compete with plus all the other TLH characters". I think they're overestimating how much any of these other characters would actually work in a fighting game. They're not going to consider literally every Loud family member as a potential character.
Not counting main character Lincoln, Lucy made sense because she had a ton to work with within her character gimmick of being a vampire obsessed goth girl. People are so focused on Luan and Luna because of that same reason. A prankster comedian and wannabe rock star have a lot of potential. What would Leni even do? What would the others do? They flat out said Lily ain't happening.
The only other possible contender is Lisa and they'd have to figure out how to keep her from edging in on the turf of the single most requested character for the game.
There's also Lana, who has a lot of moveset potential. It helps that she has more interests than most of the sisters.

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
Knowing how they went with Oblina instead of Ickis, Nigel instead of Eliza/Dawin/Donnie, and Hugh instead of Jimmy, anything is literally possible at this point
But those aren't random choices. Oblina is just as much of a protagonist as Ickis, Nigel is the big meme among Thornberrys, and Hugh was a fan request.

Quick Gaming (QG)

Smash Lord
Loud House isn’t in the cards anytime soon far as I can tell. Clearly Ludosity is still getting freedom choosing the roster so there’s no promotional angle, I’d imagine they’d simply prioritize top requests and other characters they have unique fighter ideas for (these would be your April’s and Nigel’s)

It’s possible LH could fall under the latter, but if they wanted more LH they also could’ve just added them in base game

^ I apply this to pretty much any franchise currently in the game really. Unless there’s intense fan demand, I don’t see them going back for characters like Raph, Donnie, Arnold, Eliza, Ickis, Krumm, etc

Squidward and Zuko I would deem exceptions because they do have a lot of fan demand and even then I’m not certain we’ll get them

RileyXY1

Smash Hero
Loud House isn’t in the cards anytime soon far as I can tell. Clearly Ludosity is still getting freedom choosing the roster so there’s no promotional angle, I’d imagine they’d simply prioritize top requests and other characters they have unique fighter ideas for (these would be your April’s and Nigel’s)

It’s possible LH could fall under the latter, but if they wanted more LH they also could’ve just added them in base game

^ I apply this to pretty much any franchise currently in the game really. Unless there’s intense fan demand, I don’t see them going back for characters like Raph, Donnie, Arnold, Eliza, Ickis, Krumm, etc

Squidward and Zuko I would deem exceptions because they do have a lot of fan demand and even then I’m not certain we’ll get them
There's only one major Nick IP left that hasn't been repped and that is the Fairly OddParents. There's also the Angry Beavers and Rocket Power if they want every 90s Nick IP (aside from Doug which is owned by Disney) in the game, but other than those the other unrepped Nick franchises are rather obscure and forgotten, so they might eventually have to go back and add more characters for already repped series.

RileyXY1

Smash Hero
bit harsh
Well nearly all of the big Nick franchises are repped already, and all that remains is Fairly OddParents, along with the Angry Beavers and Rocket Power for the full 90s completionism. Other than that there's just obscure new shows that Nick killed because they couldn't compete with SpongeBob.

DrifloonEmpire

Smash Champion
Ronnie Ann and El Tigre also have nothing in common besides race, and frankly thinking characters are competing with or somehow simular to each other because of their race is... uh oh,
That wasn't the implication I meant to make. I just meant that character support often revolves around pillars, and once one is included or deconfirmed they move onto the next. Take Rocko for instance, he was the big pick for 90's fans, and once he got in they moved onto the Angry Beavers. But the beavers weren't discussed much until Rocko got in and their fan demand grew as a result. Shift from one pillar to another. But even then it's not guaranteed to go to a specific character. The reason why Dixie Kong, despite her popularity, didn't have as huge of a following as she should have is because when K. Rool got in all of the Rare/DK fans rallied behind Banjo-Kazooie instead, not her.

Or, let's say, Jenny and El Tigre. They did have some concurrent demand and they didn't have that much in common either, but it was absolutely clear that El Tigre wasn't getting in over Jenny. Yet the two still have similar audiences, and expectantly El Tigre's demand SHOT UP when Jenny got in.

I expect the same thing here, people who want a Hispanic character (though when I made this point I meant more like specifically inspiration/based on Mexican culture rather than simply race; Mexican Culture being a major element of both of their shows) are more than likely gonna rally behind El Tigre, not Ronnie Anne. Same goes for a skateboarder character, people are gonna rally behind Otto Rocket, not Ronnie Anne. There can be demand for two characters in a category on paper, but in practice things tend to centralize. That's where I was coming from.

The point is that demand tends to centralize to a degree, and in all three major categories she brings to the table (Mexican Culture, Skateboarding, 3rd Loud House rep) she is outclassed by several other characters with way more demand. I really don't see Ronnie Anne getting chosen over any of them. Adding to her controversial reputation in the fandom and the more negative view she's gotten from her spinoff (TLH fans like The Casagrandes but most people look at it mockingly or just don't care, seeing it as a unnecessary spinoff) and she just isn't likely in any degree.

I'm sorry if I came off as insensitive, that wasn't my intent, I should've worded things better. This is just the point I was trying to make.

Last edited:

Quick Gaming (QG)

Smash Lord
Well nearly all of the big Nick franchises are repped already, and all that remains is Fairly OddParents, along with the Angry Beavers and Rocket Power for the full 90s completionism. Other than that there's just obscure new shows that Nick killed because they couldn't compete with SpongeBob.
You’re forgetting that people WANT to see the more niche stuff repped. People aren’t gonna clamor for Arnold if it means they can get Otis instead, as an example

RileyXY1

Smash Hero
You’re forgetting that people WANT to see the more niche stuff repped. People aren’t gonna clamor for Arnold if it means they can get Otis instead, as an example
Those kinds of niche picks are better off for the base game. It doesn't make sense from the perspective of a business who wants to make money to add characters that most of the players don't know about. And I don't know if Ludosity would want to fight with Nick for more characters.

LimeTH

Smash Lord
Those kinds of niche picks are better off for the base game. It doesn't make sense from the perspective of a business who wants to make money to add characters that most of the players don't know about. And I don't know if Ludosity would want to fight with Nick for more characters.
So what, only Spongebob, Avatar and TMNT characters from now on then? Those are the "Big Nick Franchises" right now. If we follow your logic, that's all that's allowed to go in.

Last edited:

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
You're too used to Smash playing everything super-safe. Teenage Robot is already a pick for a cult following rather than the mainstream, as is Hugh to a lesser extent (The cult following being Hugh fans, not the franchise he's from).

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
Why don’t we split the difference and go for an iconic character who is probably niche by Nickelodeon standards: odie

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
Teenage Robot is already a pick for a cult following rather than the mainstream
In fact let's go into a bit more detail here: Teenage Robot was advertised less in its second season than its first, resulting in ratings bad enough to cancel the show, and the third season's American airing was delayed and required you to either wake up early or have access to Nicktoons Network.

Going by Riley's logic, Jenny should be a base game character, not the first premium DLC fighter.

DrifloonEmpire

Smash Champion
In fact let's go into a bit more detail here: Teenage Robot was advertised less in its second season than its first, resulting in ratings bad enough to cancel the show, and the third season's American airing was delayed and required you to either wake up early or have access to Nicktoons Network.

Going by Riley's logic, Jenny should be a base game character, not the first premium DLC fighter.
Either way she's still very well-remembered by people who grew up during that time (unlike, say, Making Fiends).

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
Either way she's still very well-remembered by people who grew up during that time (unlike, say, Making Fiends).
Yes but she should still have been disqualified from DLC if Riley was right that only the biggest Nicktoons can have DLC characters.

Quick Gaming (QG)

Smash Lord
Hold up, but...
Which is your favourite SO FAR? More items coming?
I think they just meant since they’ve released, like what’s been your favorite to use so far

dlewis53

Smash Lord
Hold up, but...
Which is your favourite SO FAR? More items coming?
Sorry dude, but like QG said, it's probably just asking what's your item so far that you've used. It likely doesn't mean anything regarding additional items.

RileyXY1

Smash Hero
Multiversus also has a bunch of other cosmetic stuff to spend money on. NASB doesn't have any of that, it'd make going FTP unfeasible since no actual money would be made.
It would just require a rework of the entire game, something the devs probably aren't willing to do.

D

Deleted member

Multiversus was built around F2P and thus they could plan and budget for that. Turning a game into F2P after it's been out for a while isn't unheard of (Rocket League and Fall Guys come to mind) but those games where in a much healthier position than NASB and also had Epic Games backing. I don't think going F2P would help NASB much

RileyXY1

Smash Hero
Multiversus was built around F2P and thus they could plan and budget for that. Turning a game into F2P after it's been out for a while isn't unheard of (Rocket League and Fall Guys come to mind) but those games where in a much healthier position than NASB and also had Epic Games backing. I don't think going F2P would help NASB much
All it would do is make the game worse by forcing the devs to throw in a crapton of microtransactions and other scummy modern gaming practices.

RileyXY1

Smash Hero
Yeah, I'm sure all the people who paid 40-50 bucks at launch would feel great about that LOL
Yeah. It would be a massive slap in the face to everyone who bought the game for full price at launch, and a lot of them might just quit the game entirely out of sheer anger and frustration. Going F2P would create more problems than it solves.

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
F2P NASB wouldn't work less because of how the game's designed and moreso how the roster's designed. Most of the game's fandom is 2000s kids, but most of the roster is 90s characters - either they create a bunch of cosmetics for characters a majority of the casual fandom don't want to play as, or they give the 2000s characters too much love and leave the likes of PTM and Oblina as the game's "Geary" so to speak. Even if the game ended up attracting more of a demographically even audience, there's still the matter of Spob, Avatar, TMNT, and Garfield being significantly more popular than the other IPs here and therefore very suspectible to favouritism when selling cosmetics.

Last edited:
Top Bottom