• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Nickelodeon All-Stars Brawl General Thread - All Star Brawl 2 Available Today!

dlewis53

Smash Lord
For him to have every single one of his powers I guess.

This is something I think people need to understand when they want movesets overhauled: Fighting game movesets can't showcase every single thing a character has done, otherwise you run the risk of making them Ryu+Ken+Terry+Kazuya combined. Or if they're a one-off like PTM, their moveset becomes as small as an assist trophy's.

Even the FG characters in Smash, who usually have more moves than the other fighters, still cut plenty of punches and kicks to fit them into Smash.
Yeah, as much as I enjoy playing as him, I think Kazuya's a good example of how having a moveset overhaul can potentially backfire; maybe it's because I'm not a competitive player/not interested in traditional arcade fighting games, but I feel that there's so many moves in his arsenal that at times I try to do a certain move, and the game ends up registering it as a different move than the one I wanted to use.

Quick Gaming (QG)

Smash Lord
Yeah, as much as I enjoy playing as him, I think Kazuya's a good example of how having a moveset overhaul can potentially backfire; maybe it's because I'm not a competitive player/not interested in traditional arcade fighting games, but I feel that there's so many moves in his arsenal that at times I try to do a certain move, and the game ends up registering it as a different move than the one I wanted to use.
that's just mis input, which can be remedied with practice. the only tricky thing to get right is his uppercut because he has two of them and which one you get depends on how you time the input

anyways Kazuya's a ton of fun, so glad he's in the game

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Well, at least we won't need to worry about Hugh releasing near Shredder's Revenge.

I don't think that Kitty would. She's more in demand than Dudley himself and is in fact the most requested post-2010 character according to the recent fan poll. She took 22nd place overall.
Not to mention that Kitty most certainly was subjected to many goofy moments in the source material. She practically is Lucy Ricardo as a superspy cat person.

CapitaineCrash

Smash Champion
I just saw the announcement of Casey Jones in Shredder's revenge and this make me think that he could be very fun in this game too. He could fight with all his sports equipments.

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
I just saw the announcement of Casey Jones in Shredder's revenge and this make me think that he could be very fun in this game too. He could fight with all his sports equipments.
There's someone who tried making a mod for him, but development on that stopped.

I wonder if he'd even have a chance since Ludosity wanted TMNT87, where he's just a minor character?

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
On the subject of action moms, there is Mrs. X from The Xs.

Though admittedly her series isn't exactly on most people's minds or radar...

There's someone who tried making a mod for him, but development on that stopped.

I wonder if he'd even have a chance since Ludosity wanted TMNT87, where he's just a minor character?
Considering how Rocksteady was left out in favor of Shredder, probably not, but it's still fun to think about regardless.

ive been going through my old garfields and found a quote that might have made a decent pre battle line fore the arcade mode "I regret that I have but 9 lives to give for my country"
That would have been a neat one to have, yeah.

CrusherMania1592

Deaf Smasher
Premium
3DS FC
5472-7454-3545
^ Please keep in mind to not double post in the thread as it's frown upon among the board.

I'm wondering who would be a good last DLC fighter to end it with.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
^ Please keep in mind to not double post in the thread as it's frown upon among the board.

It's hard to say, since the only precedent we have to go on from is past crossover Nick games.

Maybe it'd be one of the more recent Nicktoons, or a tough-to-negotiate older one.

CrusherMania1592

Deaf Smasher
Premium
3DS FC
5472-7454-3545
Most recent Nicktoons die within 1 or 2 seasons, so the most likely choice would be another TLH rep, and that would not go over well with the fanbase.
And it wouldn't go over well with most people on this board, save for you dude.

If anything, I can expect a 90's/early 00's rep who is popular to end it.

Baysha

Smash Ace

I feel like they're going to reveal the last DLC character alongside other characters like how they did it the first time. "Final DLC character" has a lot of pressure attached to it and this game wants to keep its community as calm as possible.

DrifloonEmpire

Smash Champion
And for me it would be Liam.
I was thinking about Liam earlier and he could be a grappler (since he likes to hog wrestle) but I wasn't sure how to make him seperate from Patrick in that regard. Though they could easily round out his moveset with farm animal antics (have him even riding one of them as a dash!) and throwing cow pies!

RileyXY1

Smash Hero
I feel like Ronnie Anne would be the most logical choice for a Lincoln friends considering she have her own spin off. That being said I'm not sure about the moveset she could have.
She would be redundant if they added one of the Rocket Power kids to the roster. Plus said spinoff was recently cancelled.

Capybara Gaming

Just Vibing
Premium
If, and I mean if we get another Loud House character, I think Luna or Luan is the obvious pick. They have the most moveset to work with, are the fan favorite sisters along with Lucy, and are the two I'd say are generally considered the "good" characters from this series.

Though I'll say this much - I actually, genuinely, think the earlier Loud House is a good cartoon, but I don't think there's anything the other sisters have that would make them stand out enough to be their own picks; Luna and Luan are the only two I'd say have enough of a character and episodes centered on their abilities to work. Maybe Leni if we squint but idk.

LimeTH

Smash Lord
If, and I mean if we get another Loud House character, I think Luna or Luan is the obvious pick. They have the most moveset to work with, are the fan favorite sisters along with Lucy, and are the two I'd say are generally considered the "good" characters from this series.

Though I'll say this much - I actually, genuinely, think the earlier Loud House is a good cartoon, but I don't think there's anything the other sisters have that would make them stand out enough to be their own picks; Luna and Luan are the only two I'd say have enough of a character and episodes centered on their abilities to work. Maybe Leni if we squint but idk.
I see it in the RTC thread every time a Loud sister comes up. "She'd have 8 other siblings to compete with plus all the other TLH characters". I think they're overestimating how much any of these other characters would actually work in a fighting game. They're not going to consider literally every Loud family member as a potential character.
Not counting main character Lincoln, Lucy made sense because she had a ton to work with within her character gimmick of being a vampire obsessed goth girl. People are so focused on Luan and Luna because of that same reason. A prankster comedian and wannabe rock star have a lot of potential. What would Leni even do? What would the others do? They flat out said Lily ain't happening.
The only other possible contender is Lisa and they'd have to figure out how to keep her from edging in on the turf of the single most requested character for the game.

Baysha

Smash Ace
The only other possible contender is Lisa and they'd have to figure out how to keep her from edging in on the turf of the single most requested character for the game.
Not even just Jimmy. Plankton could probably have a lot of similar moves to her.

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
I see it in the RTC thread every time a Loud sister comes up. "She'd have 8 other siblings to compete with plus all the other TLH characters". I think they're overestimating how much any of these other characters would actually work in a fighting game. They're not going to consider literally every Loud family member as a potential character.
Not counting main character Lincoln, Lucy made sense because she had a ton to work with within her character gimmick of being a vampire obsessed goth girl. People are so focused on Luan and Luna because of that same reason. A prankster comedian and wannabe rock star have a lot of potential. What would Leni even do? What would the others do? They flat out said Lily ain't happening.
They have bigger issues to deal with than all the other Louds anyway. Like how Nick didn't want a second TLH character. And the DLC has to sell to adults, who are more likely to enjoy pre-2010s Nick except TMNT and Korra.

DrifloonEmpire

Smash Champion
What didn't help is the recent popularity poll, where the most popular TLH choice (Luna) scored......105th....

The Loud House is in such a weird spot where it is a very successful and popular franchise yet it has such a slim chance of getting another rep.

Last edited:

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
They have bigger issues to deal with than all the other Louds anyway. Like how Nick didn't want a second TLH character. And the DLC has to sell to adults, who are more likely to enjoy pre-2010s Nick except TMNT and Korra.
90s and 2000s Nicktoons would probably sell better to kids too - speaking from experience, when I was in the Nick prime demo (late 2000s to early 2010s) I would hear my peers at school discuss Ren & Stimpy alone way more often than all the non-invertebrate-themed cartoons Nick were still airing at the time combined, including Avatar.

There was, of course, more iCarly/Drake & Josh/Fred/whatever talk than all the non-sponge Nicktoons combined though.

Last edited:

Baysha

Smash Ace
90s and 2000s Nicktoons would probably sell better to kids too - speaking from experience, when I was in the Nick prime demo (late 2000s to early 2010s) I would hear my peers at school discuss Ren & Stimpy alone way more often than all the non-invertebrate-themed cartoons Nick were still airing at the time combined, including Avatar.

There was, of course, more iCarly/Drake & Josh/Fred/whatever talk than all the non-sponge Nicktoons combined though.
That's not even getting into today's streaming. Kids are getting into old properties now (probably) more than ever.

Top Bottom