• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Nickelodeon All-Stars Brawl General Thread - All Star Brawl 2 Available Today!

Ze Diglett

Smash Champion
Writing Team
NNID
ZeDiglett
What kind of moves do you all think Hugh is going to have?
Ducks and pie are gonna be in there somewhere for sure.
I hope they have a reference to "HUCK CLUCK LUCK YEAH OOOOOH CARIBOU" in there somewhere too, with the spear.
All I know is, if they don't reference Donut Boy anywhere in his kit, this game is ruined.

Last edited:

Capybara Gaming

Just Vibing
Premium
Especially when FP2 passed over the protagonist/mascot character three times, with them choosing Min Min over Spring Man, Pyra/Mythra over Rex, and Kazuya over Heihachi.
They literally didn't

The ARMS director said that there is no main character
Pyra and Mythra as intrinsically linked to the main story of Xenoblade. They're just as important of characters as Rex.
Kazuya was the first protagonist of the series. Tekken doesn't have a protagonist, it's a story about the whole Mishima family.

ivanlerma

Smash Champion
Well I was looking up a pic of the three of them and found full body renders for them on IGN's page!

View attachment 352362
Seeing Hugh's Ducks in a picture with Rocko reminds of that one episode of Rocko were he took a cruise trip with Heffer & his grandpa.

During the episode, Rocko was warning some ducks to get out of the way and tried to stop the captain from running them over.

Last edited:

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
Seeing Hugh's Ducks in a picture with Rocko reminds of that one episode of Rocko were he took a cruise trip with Heffer & his grandpa.

During the episode, Rocko was warning some ducks to get out of the way and tried to stop the captain from running them over.
One of my favourite episodes! Cruis'n - it and Wacky Delly are the two absolute series essentials.

DrifloonEmpire

Smash Champion
Especially when FP2 passed over the protagonist/mascot character three times, with them choosing Min Min over Spring Man, Pyra/Mythra over Rex, and Kazuya over Heihachi.
Agreed, though at least in Kazuya's case he was the protagonist before Heihachi was.

LimeTH

Smash Lord
Rep gave us Hugh's render in all its high-res, transparent PNG glory:
...I don't remember him having those moles. Did they add details to Hugh's design that weren't there before?
looks like it, he's got lips now too
I noticed the moles. Wonder if those were actually intentional. It's an interesting choice either way.

Last edited:

LimeTH

Smash Lord
The three characters are really exciting. Great picks all around. Speaking a bit off topic, there wasn't any datamined things anywhere, they are prob keeping things very hidden as of now.View attachment 352406View attachment 352407But I did find this as to why they couldn't change danny's model
Looks like the same is true of the weird scaling on Aang and Toph

Which is unfortunate because holy **** Toph being smaller than Pichu bugs the everloving hell out of me,

Last edited:

DeviousFish

Smash Apprentice
I don't think turning this into a contest is a good idea. I've lost a lot of my interest in Multiversus but it dont think these kind of comments are helpful. The devs didn't want these kind of fandom wars with Smash and I see it the same here.
Yes, I'm excited for Mvs and upcoming Nick Brawl Content, but I don't want each community's side to keep pushing down one another especially when the devs of both can act respectful to one another

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
i was hoping for someone to comment on me having a dislike button instead of NASB vs. MVS stuff

CapitaineCrash

Smash Champion
Tremorton joyride music is amazing, I'm glad the team pull way better music in the dlc than in the base game music. Hopefully this trend will continue.

Visually tho, I think the stage is a bit more disappointing, the color are a bit too bland and dark for me (although to be fair the show also looks kind of like this).

I wonder what stage Hugh will have. My first idea was a Candybar stage, but maybe it would fit more Jimmy and they could add him later. On that topic, Rep has tweeted "We're not done yet. Not by a long shot". Maybe we'll have a second year of dlc after that? Still, I think a 25 characters roster is a very good number, especially considering the price of the game and the dlc.

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
I feel the Lab would be saved for Jimmy - though if the lab is Hugh's stage, Retroland; the Candy Bar; or one of the many villain lairs/planets would fit him well.
At the same time, Reptar's stage is Teeter Totter Gulch, not something more relevant to him like Reptar on Ice or the Toy Palace featuring a giant mechanical Reptar.

And there's also the possibility that a future Jimmy pack comes with another game show stage, much like Shredder coming with Double Dare.

ivanlerma

Smash Champion
Tremorton joyride music is amazing, I'm glad the team pull way better music in the dlc than in the base game music. Hopefully this trend will continue.

Visually tho, I think the stage is a bit more disappointing, the color are a bit too bland and dark for me (although to be fair the show also looks kind of like this).

I wonder what stage Hugh will have. My first idea was a Candybar stage, but maybe it would fit more Jimmy and they could add him later. On that topic, Rep has tweeted "We're not done yet. Not by a long shot". Maybe we'll have a second year of dlc after that? Still, I think a 25 characters roster is a very good number, especially considering the price of the game and the dlc.
I don't mind the design of jenny's stage, i think it's pretty fitting for representing the show.

CapitaineCrash

Smash Champion
And there's also the possibility that a future Jimmy pack comes with another game show stage, much like Shredder coming with Double Dare.
I actually wouldn't mind this. If they do it it has to be Legend of the hidden temple.

Unrelated but something that I like a lot about Nick all stars brawl is how many franchises is represented. Despite having less characters than Nick kart racers 2 (25 vs 30), All star brawl have way more franchise represented (With Ahh real monsters, Garfield, Jimmy Neutron, My life as a teenage robot and Wild thornberrys being unrepresented in Kart racers 2).

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
I actually wouldn't mind this. If they do it it has to be Legend of the hidden temple.
I'd actually prefer the Temple Run being a bonus mode myself.

Unrelated but something that I like a lot about Nick all stars brawl is how many franchises is represented. Despite having less characters than Nick kart racers 2 (25 vs 30), All star brawl have way more franchise represented (With Ahh real monsters, Garfield, Jimmy Neutron, My life as a teenage robot and Wild thornberrys being unrepresented in Kart racers 2).
Something that's funny to me is that 7/8 of the franchises repped in Nicktoons Racing (not to be confused with Kart Racers) are in NASB, but at the same time the way most of them are repped is different.

Rugrats: NR has Tommy and Angelica, NASB has Reptar
Hey Arnold: NR has Arnold and Helga, NASB has Helga only
The Wild Thornberrys: NR has Eliza and Darwin, NASB has Nigel
SpongeBob: NR has Plankton, NASB has Sandy, both have SpongeBob and Patrick
Aaahh!!! Real Monsters: NR has Ickis, NASB has Oblina
Ren & Stimpy: NR has solo Stimpy, NASB teams him up with Ren and adds Powdered Toast Man.

Top Bottom