• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Nickelodeon All-Stars Brawl General Thread - All Star Brawl 2 Available Today!

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend

ivanlerma

Smash Champion
I hope i don't get banned from this, but what do you think of this nicely cute picture?
1638211436945.png

dlewis53

Smash Lord
Between the wording of "better look" and Toph as one of the first reveals, we can safely say the marketing team know what happened just as well as the devs.
...Uh dude, they've been saying "here's a better look at" for all three of the alts so far; it's not just something with Toph.

Speaking of Toph, though, hers is an Earth Kingdom soldier outfit; I can dig it.

Last edited:

CapitaineCrash

Smash Champion
Haven't really been following this game since it came out but I'm going to make a prediction: one of the DLC characters will be a character from the new Star Trek cartoon. Nick are promoting it pretty hard

Also:
I don't really see it happening honestly. Nick has been promoting pretty hard the Smurfs cartoon too and I'd be surprised to see a Smurfs in Nick all stars. I don't think they'll add many licenced cartoons characters.

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
I don't believe I saw that Toph costume in the datamines
It wasn't, which I think helps contribute to the idea that she was the last character added.

In other Ludosity news, I've randomly acquired an Ittle Dew key. Time for me to check out another game of theirs I suppose.

amageish

Smash Master
Thaddeus said he recorded some VO lately, though he didn't specify if it was NASB.
He responded to people discussing it in the Discord with the pickle emote, so I'm pretty sure it was for a Garfield show case...

Oh god... Is Pickle Garfield going to be his alt costume... and then will pickle rick be in Multiversus...

ivanlerma

Smash Champion
He responded to people discussing it in the Discord with the pickle emote, so I'm pretty sure it was for a Garfield show case...

Oh god... Is Pickle Garfield going to be his alt costume... and then will pickle rick be in Multiversus...
"I've Become a Pickle Jon"

Their were the rumors of multiversus that said Rick was going to have Pickle Rick as a costume....My God.

amageish

Smash Master
Seems plausible that Game Mill would be sponsoring some streamers to show off new content, so, yeah, I could see this happening.

Thursday is also a good day if we're hoping it's on all platforms at once, as that's the big eShop update day...

dlewis53

Smash Lord
Most of the character reveals had barely 24 hours of "warning", I feel it makes sense that'd apply for DLC releases too - or at least the first two free releases.
...But those were reveals; while I can maybe (emphasis on MAYBE) see them revealing at least one of the two free characters, I kind of doubt they're just going to drop either of them without warning.

dlewis53

Smash Lord
Well, there is definitely a new unlisted video, so we could very well be getting something either today or tomorrow.

Although personally until proven otherwise I'm gonna say that this might just be an introduction of some sort to the alts; if it DOES end up being the first DLC fighter, cool! But I'm keeping my expectations tempered.

dlewis53

Smash Lord
...Yeah, it's basically a trailer for the alts like I was expecting (though a pretty fun trailer if I do say so myself). Though once again the Switch users have to wait (curse you, Nintendo!).

Last edited:

DeviousFish

Smash Apprentice
Was this found in the alt costume update or in a previous update?
this alt update. Someone in the official server is digging to see. One of the characters has code for arcade mode. Both free dlc characters will not release at the same time however.

Last edited:
Top Bottom