• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Nickelodeon All-Stars Brawl General Thread - All Star Brawl 2 Available Today!

ivanlerma

Smash Champion

Holy smokes VOICE ACTING already?

Gotta admit, even if it's free to play, this is pretty competent looking

Nickelodeon better step up their game and allow ludocity to add VA already along with other stuff like licensed music
Multiversus? MULTIVERSUS!!!!!!!
It Looks...Alright

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719

Nickelodeon better step up their game and allow ludocity to add VA already along with other stuff like licensed music
I don't know if the teamplay focus is the best decision considering 1v1 is the most popular way to play platform fighters competitively. Alongside that, the roster is...eh. I hope they aren't just going with modern CN representation.

ivanlerma

Smash Champion
I don't know if the teamplay focus is the best decision considering 1v1 is the most popular way to play platform fighters competitively. Alongside that, the roster is...eh. I hope they aren't just going with modern CN representation.
The Insiders did say Johnny Bravo was coming, even if he's not here that could mean he's on his way sometime down the road.

Ze Diglett

Smash Champion
Writing Team
NNID
ZeDiglett

...yeah, I'm not impressed. The team aspect of it looks cool, I guess, but the gameplay looks kinda choppy from what we've seen and the game just doesn't really grab me so far. (I mean, I'm not into DC or 2010's Cartoon Network, and the only characters that don't fall under either of those umbrellas currently are Shaggy, Arya, Bugs Bunny, Tom & Jerry, and... Reindog. What?) I dunno, it doesn't look bad, per se, but I don't see this game being all that great. I mean, the whole mobile-F2P model it has going on with "daily missions" and what seems to be a levelling system for each character raises an eyebrow for me already. Add Grim or the Eds and maybe I'll be interested.
Oh, and there's the UI Shaggy joke. Genuinely surprised we haven't seen Big Chungus yet, all things considered.

Last edited:

ARandomFruit

Smash Journeyman

Honestly it looks fun to me. 2v2 seems interesting and I recognize all but two characters (but one seems to be an OC from what I've heard?). I'll probably play it even for a little bit once it comes out, I've never been somebody who hates f2p games. Only thing that seems disappointing is compared to the leaked roster there isn't Rick anymore but hopefully he'll be added later.

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue

Gameplay looks kinda ok, and there's voice acting too, but some of the voices don't sound right like Steven and Batman. Looks a little promising.
Doesn't seem like it might be as fun and exciting to play and watch like Nick Brawl, it feels kinda slowish, but the team play is a unique take on a platform fighter, and it's free. I'll give it a whirl.

Ultra Instinct Shaggy being real is the best thing.

BluePikmin11 BluePikmin11 anymore of those amazing crossover renders? Would be nice to see more of them
Nah. I haven't seen stuff from the user on the r/AllStarBrawl reddit.

Last edited:

TheBrainJem

Smash Hero
NNID
TheBrainJem
Honestly it looks fun to me. 2v2 seems interesting and I recognize all but two characters (but one seems to be an OC from what I've heard?). I'll probably play it even for a little bit once it comes out, I've never been somebody who hates f2p games. Only thing that seems disappointing is compared to the leaked roster there isn't Rick anymore but hopefully he'll be added later.
I think Rick and Gandalf might be base roster unlockables, also should note that Garnet and that other character (I forget who that is, not the oc) were not in the leaked roster either.

More likely there will be a few reveals and surprises, like Johnny Bravo who was mentioned in the leak, and maybe Scorpion (though I suspect scorpion is gonna be later down the road as dlc)

dlewis53

Smash Lord
That game looks...meh, and that's mainly due to the gameplay; I don't know, it just looks a tad slow compared to the likes of Smash Ultimate and All-Star Brawl.

Not to mention some of the voices for characters I recognized (particularly Batman and Steven) sounded...off to me. It honestly reminds me of how off the voice-acting was for the 3DS version of Cartoon Network Punch-Time Explosion.

And again, it just feels weird to me that they're going with a Warner Bros Multiverse and not just limiting it to, say, cartoons or films or something.

I guess I'll keep an eye on this and see how it goes, but I'm concerned so far, especially with the free-to-play format.

Edit: Okay, I just went to the game's website and found out that (at least for now), the game doesn't appear to be coming to the Switch, so even if I WAS really interested in it, I wouldn't be able to play it, which would suck frankly.

Last edited:

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
And again, it just feels weird to me that they're going with a Warner Bros Multiverse and not just limiting it to, say, cartoons or films or something.
Even as someone who was more of a Nick kid than CN, I can tell that the CN selection is going to be boring because they're going to have to dedicate resources to all of WB...and OCs, apparently.

Regardless, Looney Tunes and Hanna-Barbera are still fine for a CN game, because of the network's history and Boomerang being its sister network. And HB was responsible for several CN originals anyway.

TheBrainJem

Smash Hero
NNID
TheBrainJem
unknown.png

Even Rep low-key calling out Nickelodeon for being cheap and restrictive to the devs lol

I hope this is a wake up call for the out of touch Nickelodeon/Viacom executives to get their heads out of their asses and give the devs more freedom and a bigger budget and time and resources to make NASB even better than it is

Last edited:

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Would probably be best for this new game to get it's own thread as opposed to derailing this one.

Am at work so I cannot create one myself but if someone wants to I can take a look at stickying it. I'd imagine it'll probably warrant one. lol

SneakyLink

NNID
bne9635
Switch FC
SW-6259-3694-6593
Would probably be best for this new game to get it's own thread as opposed to derailing this one.

Am at work so I cannot create one myself but if someone wants to I can take a look at stickying it. I'd imagine it'll probably warrant one. lol
Would this one I stumbled across suffice? It was created shortly after the reveal.

https://smashboards.com/threads/multiversus.516122/

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211

amageish

Smash Master
View attachment 338068

Even Rev low-key calling out Nickelodeon for being cheap and restrictive to the devs lol

I hope this is a wake up call for the out of touch Nickelodeon/Viacom executives to get their heads out of their asses and give the devs more freedom and a bigger budget and time and resources to make NASB even better than it is
I can't really blame him for that one haha. I really wonder what kind of stuff NASB had in the pipeline that had to be scrapped due to Nick's interference...

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
Full DLC cycle everyone! No fears of getting Making Feinded.
Technically the promotion it already got meant it was already being treated better than Making Fiends.

Instead we should fear being...The X's'd? Back at the Barnyard'd? Any 2010s Nicktoon that isn't TMNT or the Loud House'd?

amageish

Smash Master
I'm not entirely sure where the idea that DLC was seriously a risk of being cancelled... came from? It feels very speculative as a result of the intense amount of anti-hype this game got on social media post-Multiversus reveal...

That said, it's good to hear Rep is confident he'll continue to work on the project for the foreseeable future.

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
It feels very speculative as a result of the intense amount of anti-hype this game got on social media post-Multiversus reveal...
It's been suffering from anti-hype even before Multiversus was revealed and showed off its own voice cast. Besides the lack of voices, there seems to be people who refuse to play it simply because it's not the #1 fighting game. This has been a problem with the FGC for a while, although issues some of us have with SFV have allowed games like Guilty Gear Xrd and The King of Fighters XIV to acquire some more fans.

amageish

Smash Master
It's been suffering from anti-hype even before Multiversus was revealed and showed off its own voice cast. Besides the lack of voices, there seems to be people who refuse to play it simply because it's not the #1 fighting game. This has been a problem with the FGC for a while, although issues some of us have with SFV have allowed games like Guilty Gear Xrd and The King of Fighters XIV to acquire some more fans.
Yeah, I have played copious amounts of BlazBlue Cross-Tag Battle in my life, so I know the awkward situations that arise from fighting games that are still getting support but aren't big within the FGC itself... though hopefully updates will come for NASB with more regularity then they did BBTAG.

Peepo T. Skeleton

Smash Ace
Exactly 9.7 inches away from your current location

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend

Kevin Conroy
1989 Batmobile in the Batcave stage
Valkyrie Bugs Bunny
Well, this officially has my attention now. Can't wait for the eventual OK K.O. stuff, if they get to that.

It helps that the rep for MV actually got to do an explanation video right off the bat, whereas NASB only got those after the fans noticed the game.

Anyway, if I say anything else about the game I'll take it elsewhere.

Costume Update News!
I mean, they were supposed to be in the game day one, so. This ain't a Dead Or Alive situation.

Full DLC cycle everyone! No fears of getting Making Feinded.
I never had any doubt, really. Well, barely any, but Ludosity has proven themselves to be more reliable than Bamtang.

Last edited:
Top Bottom