• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Nickelodeon All-Stars Brawl General Thread - All Star Brawl 2 Available Today!

FreeFox

Smash Lord
I was up looking at All Star Brawl reddit posts and I came across this one:

I never seen the ultimate and nasb renders put side by side till now. Most of NASB's renders are definitely of high quality.

If I sent this to my past self a year ago, I would've almost believed it.
I can barely believe how fitting they look to one another.

dlewis53

Smash Lord
What Nintendos paranoia? could someone please bring me up to speed!
From what I understand, it's that Nintendo are very paranoid about any patch/update for a game that could potentially cause an issue for/straight up mess up the Switch's hardware, so when examining a patch for approval, they're overly cautious and thus, it takes a lot longer for a patch to be released compared to the other two consoles.

LimeTH

Smash Lord
I was up looking at All Star Brawl reddit posts and I came across this one:

I never seen the ultimate and nasb renders put side by side till now. Most of NASB's renders are definitely of high quality.

If I sent this to my past self a year ago, I would've almost believed it.
It's actually crazy how natural this looks.

Peepo T. Skeleton

Smash Ace
Exactly 9.7 inches away from your current location
From what I understand, it's that Nintendo are very paranoid about any patch/update for a game that could potentially cause an issue for/straight up mess up the Switch's hardware, so when examining a patch for approval, they're overly cautious and thus, it takes a lot longer for a patch to be released compared to the other two consoles.
Funnily enough I recently experienced the opposite on Xbox; an update to the system messed up a game.

Long story short, a bug appeared in the remaster of Batman Arkham City that made the game stop saving after a certain boss fight.
Luckily some dude on Reddit found out that it had something to do with being connected to Xbox Live so you just have to go offline until you reach a save point past that area.

LimeTH

Smash Lord

Mainstage 2021 NASB Grand Finals.

The halfway point of the video has a nice discussion about the game and its future.
It's nice to see some optimism amongst all the jokes and memes about the game being "dead."

I hope the other characters come soon to boost things up a bit again.

Last edited:

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue

Redacted was most likely a character at this point.

Ze Diglett

Smash Champion
Writing Team
NNID
ZeDiglett
Since it seems that this thread has well and truly run out of things to talk about for the moment (and seeing as it's at least tangentially related to something we HAVE talked about in the past), has anyone else seen that one of the artists for the Garfield strips posted some Undertale fanart?
Toby Fox responded to it favorably, too, so for the sake of the memes, I'm going to consider this an official Garfield/Undertale crossover.

Last edited:

LimeTH

Smash Lord
Since it seems that this thread has well and truly run out of things to talk about for the moment (and seeing as it's at least tangentially related to something we HAVE talked about in the past), has anyone else seen that one of the artists for the Garfield strips posted some Undertale fanart?
Toby Fox responded to it favorably, too, so for the sake of the memes, I'm going to consider this an official Garfield/Undertale crossover.
I never knew I needed this.

Though for real, if Sans and Garfield ever TRULY met, they'd be buds. Both love to eat and sleep, after all, what more does Garfield gotta ask for in a kindred spirit?

ivanlerma

Smash Champion

Redacted was most likely a character at this point.
This might be interesting to see, hopefully this redacted content will spark some news to the playerbase.

Wonder if Papyrus is threatening Jon for some Pasta.

Flyboy

Smash Hero
So, NASB is up for the Best Fighting Game crown at The Game Awards!

I'm aware it is basically a "Here are the 5 fighting games that were somewhat mainstream" award and there's a ~0% chance NASB beats Guilty Gear Strive, but that's still neat to see!
It's especially neat considering how usually terrible the Game Awards is at putting the right games in the Best Fighting category. This time there were no big omissions and between Melty, Nick, and VF some enjoyable nominees as well that deserve the spotlight (even if Guilty Gear should win).

ivanlerma

Smash Champion
Even though i feel Guilty Gear Strive might take the win based on community support, Nick All-Star Could win based on more public recognition(The Nickelodeon Cast are very well known especially Spongebob and the Turtles).

But i am hoping Nick All-Star wins, it would be greatly appreciated if it did.

dlewis53

Smash Lord
Yeah, sadly I'm not really expecting All-Star Brawl to win Fighting Game of the Year, but if nothing else it's cool that it was nominated in the first place!

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
So, REDACTED is next patch, right?

Imagine being a kid who plays NASB but isn't caught up with the online speculation/marketing/fandom e.t.c - one fateful day you and your friends come together to play some Nick Brawl, you realise there's an update, wait through it and then once you get to the CSS, with no prior hints or warning, Garfield and Shredder are there.

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
This isn't exactly about NASB but it is about Nickelodeon

Is Viacom removing their channels from cable services to force people to use Pluto? Because recently our cable service issued us Fire sticks in order to continue getting their service, and I noticed our cable was no longer offering Nick, MTV, Comedy Central etc., while Pluto did.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
While NASB may not win, all this free publicity will surely encourage newcomers to see what the fuss is all about.

Also, who do you think will be the next Muppet guest?

So, REDACTED is next patch, right?

Imagine being a kid who plays NASB but isn't caught up with the online speculation/marketing/fandom e.t.c - one fateful day you and your friends come together to play some Nick Brawl, you realise there's an update, wait through it and then once you get to the CSS, with no prior hints or warning, Garfield and Shredder are there.
That'd be the dream. These days it feels like not paying attention to any of that is how anything actually happens sooner or later.

amageish

Smash Master

Oh, what a nice update! I see nothing notable or out-of-place in this tweet, do you?

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend

Oh, what a nice update! I see nothing notable or out-of-place in this tweet, do you?
HE WAS NUMBER ONE!

LimeTH

Smash Lord

I didn't want to say this in front of Patrick, but that hat makes him look like a girl!

EDIT: His ****ing profile picture has the hat on!

Last edited:

amageish

Smash Master
EDIT: His ****ing profile picture has the hat on!
He does on the Discord too lol.

1637186492506.png

Am I a pretty girl?

Now, here's hoping there's more than 1 alt per character...
Hopefully... I've seen people mention multiple alts datamined for a few characters, but idk if those are legit or not. There are so many datamines that it's hard to tell some stuff has been lost in transition lol.

Ze Diglett

Smash Champion
Writing Team
NNID
ZeDiglett
Looks like I was right about alt costumes being the [REDACTED]. Guess we'll see if they're any more than what we saw in the datamines.

amageish

Smash Master
Looks like I was right about alt costumes being the [REDACTED]. Guess we'll see if they're any more than what we saw in the datamines.
At minimum, we'll have to get alt(s) for Korra and Toph, who don't have anything in the datamine... Though I also don't know what those would be given that almost all of the alts we have are either (canon) pallet swaps or (canon) accessories, when Toph and Korra tend to change their entire outfits or change nothing.

Ze Diglett

Smash Champion
Writing Team
NNID
ZeDiglett
At minimum, we'll have to get alt(s) for Korra and Toph, who don't have anything in the datamine... Though I also don't know what those would be given that almost all of the alts we have are either (canon) pallet swaps or (canon) accessories, when Toph and Korra tend to change their entire outfits or change nothing.
I legitimately forgot those two didn't have costumes in the datamine. I also routinely forget those two are in the game, and I'm not even saying that to be smug.

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
Are we getting new renders as well?

I found this R&S render on the site, and I think I like it better than the ones in-game. It resembles the style of the show more, and puts more emphasis on the character being Ren AND Stimpy than the in-game one, where it's easier to focus on Stimpy. (to be fair I can say the same for their moveset too)

It's not the alternate render from their arcade mode either, that one depicts Stimpy by himself.

amageish

Smash Master
I legitimately forgot those two didn't have costumes in the datamine. I also routinely forget those two are in the game, and I'm not even saying that to be smug.
I mean, they're two very low-tier characters and they were pretty obviously the last two to make it into the game (to the point where the Day One patch gave them full model swaps, with the pre-patch models kind of looking like you molded them out of JELL-O). Hard to blame you on that front.

Honestly, the Avatar content in general is the tiniest bit underwhelming. I like aspects of it, but it's obvious they drew the short end of the stick and had to be rushed to hell and back overall. They watched every episode of 80s TMNT to design April, while the Avatar gang's kits all fit the philosophies/skillsets of their characters in a broad sense, but a lot of the actual moves just feel like generic platform fighter choices that don't really fit them that well.

I found this R&S render on the site, and I think I like it better than the ones in-game. It resembles the style of the show more, and puts more emphasis on the character being Ren AND Stimpy than the in-game one, where it's easier to focus on Stimpy. (to be fair I can say the same for their moveset too)

It's not the alternate render from their arcade mode either, that one depicts Stimpy by himself.
Yeah, Toph also has a different render on the website. Rep has acknowledged those in the Discord once, but I guess it'd be Fair Play making those and deciding which ones get used, not him, as he didn't seem aware of what they were for.

dlewis53

Smash Lord

Honestly, I prefer the render that's already in the game. That one above just looks...off to me, and not in the same enjoyable fashion as the in-game models.

TheBrainJem

Smash Hero
NNID
TheBrainJem
Well the original render in the game is based off a pretty classic Ren and Stimpy promotional image I believe
qDLb3c4lhbUwz6EbI7pwFleq-r_2v1tmF4u1zDP4cCU.jpg
51484b6f-5bde-4aae-89ab-2de19d7939c5._SR300,300_.jpg

While the second render from the website seems to be original (I can't find a promotional image or still from the show that matched that but if someone else can be my guest to post it)
So I guess it's kinda ironic to say the second render captures the show more if it's an original render not based on any Ren and Stimpy media prior.

Personally I like both renders, but I do agree that the second render is alot more expressive like the actual show

Top Bottom