• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Nickelodeon All-Stars Brawl General Thread - All Star Brawl 2 Available Today!

Teeb147

Smash Legend
Hmmmm. Yeah I don't know what that could mean for the last characters.

Guess best to keep open to characters nobody thought about. But who knows maybe they just didn't see that many predictions for the last ones XD

Ze Diglett

Smash Champion
Writing Team
NNID
ZeDiglett
Patrick's 'boutta be ignorant as **** in this game. Even if he's bad, the idea of a character that can just straight-up kill you at 0 by moving the control stick in a circle is kinda horrifying.

Quick Gaming (QG)

Smash Lord
This whole “nobody has guessed the roster” has me messed up ahhhh

I will say after seeing how many quirks Patrick has, I could see Patrick and Reptar being our only obvious heavies

amageish

Smash Master
Now I'm wondering if this puts a wrench in the idea that there are three Avatar and Loud House characters?
Personally, I'm still onboard with home stages being a thing, unless they picked someone so obtuse that they just couldn't give them their own stage for whatever reason...

I do think these comments means there's probably one more gag/comedy character in the roster though. This could be from Avatar, though I'm also not sure if Avatar has any real comedy characters - I know some have suggested Iroh as a funny pick, but, while Iroh is a funny character, I don't think he's a particularly out-there choice for a fighting game... Really, most of the core cast of Avatar fights and the only meme pick that comes to mind is the already-a-stage-element Cabbage Salesman...

Beyond Avatar, Nick's library is deep and the number of silly minor characters they could use is in the hundreds, if not the thousands... Nick is a big company with a large history.

Speed Weed

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-1814-1029-3514
Honestly I don't think they meant not seeing any correct roster predictions as "literally none of the speculated characters are in" but rather "we haven't seen anyone manage to call the final roster down to a T".

So there could still be some characters we're speculating left, but they haven't seen any prediction rosters that got everything 100% right. At least that's how I interpreted it

Last edited:

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Last edited:

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Wonder how long it'll be before we see Patrick hit people with the "giant fist".

Honestly I don't think they meant not seeing any correct roster predictions as "literally none of the speculated characters are in" but rather "we haven't seen anyone manage to call the final roster down to a T".

So there could still be some characters we're speculating left, but they haven't seen any prediction rosters that got everything 100% right. At least that's how I interpreted it
So, business as usual then. This **** isn't rocket science, let alone power.

At any rate, Rep wouldn't confirm if anyone does a correct guess.

Last edited:

Ze Diglett

Smash Champion
Writing Team
NNID
ZeDiglett
Just wondering if Patrick's up-special gives him height since in the trailer it only moved him forward(I hope this isn't the case)
You can angle it like Fox's Up-B. The devs have confirmed that on Discord.
(Which is good because Patrick would almost certainly be bottom-tier if that weren't the case, no matter how good he is otherwise.)

Last edited:

amageish

Smash Master
I do think these comments means there's probably one more gag/comedy character in the roster though.
You know, thinking about it more, I wonder if maybe what's really going on is the exact opposite of the "One more gag character" idea I was thinking about earlier.

We've had a lot of "Groups aren't getting in just for filling out a group quota" discussion, but groups are still possible! I wonder if the unknown character(s) that the devs haven't seen people guess in an otherwise-all-correct roster is as simple as being a best friend, a rival, a lover, or a family member of a character already in the roster who we've discounted because "Well, they aren't trying to fill out the roster that way anyway"? Like, maybe Arnold or Eliza are getting in after all. Maybe Sam's going to join Danny or Asami's going to join Korra. Maybe Dib's sneaking in to keep an eye on Zim.

I know this post doesn't actually, like, narrow anything down if people are aiming to correct predict the entire roster, but it's just a thought... Maybe there's some doors we closed too early or never bothered to open and the big surprise is going to be an incredibly obvious pick in hindsight.

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
People don't realize that the DLC actually follows a predictable pattern. If you see through this you can predict what kind of characters we get

-A character from a fighting game (Terry, Kazuya)
-First party promotional characters (Min Min, Pyra/Mythra, Byleth)
-A character from a popular JRPG (Hero, Sephiroth)
-A character that is a series/game that is pretty popular all around (Joker, Steve)
-A character that is popular within the fandom (Banjo, ???) *currently the only one we don't have in this pass.

I saw this pattern, which is why I predicted Sol Badguy from Guilty Gear as CP10. I was wrong, it was Kazuya, but we got a fighting game character in this pass. Following this logic, we should get a character popular within the fandom/highly requested as CP11.
You accidentally posted in the Spunch Bop thread.

LimeTH

Smash Lord
You know, thinking about it more, I wonder if maybe what's really going on is the exact opposite of the "One more gag character" idea I was thinking about earlier.

We've had a lot of "Groups aren't getting in just for filling out a group quota" discussion, but groups are still possible! I wonder if the unknown character(s) that the devs haven't seen people guess in an otherwise-all-correct roster is as simple as being a best friend, a rival, a lover, or a family member of a character already in the roster who we've discounted because "Well, they aren't trying to fill out the roster that way anyway"? Like, maybe Arnold or Eliza are getting in after all. Maybe Sam's going to join Danny or Asami's going to join Korra. Maybe Dib's sneaking in to keep an eye on Zim.

I know this post doesn't actually, like, narrow anything down if people are aiming to correct predict the entire roster, but it's just a thought... Maybe there's some doors we closed too early or never bothered to open and the big surprise is going to be an incredibly obvious pick in hindsight.
My guess is that everyone keeps guessing the main characters when it could easily be a supporting or side character.
Instead of Rocko, we get Heffer or Filburt
Instead of Timmy, it's Cosmo and Wanda on their own
etc

I also rarely see either of the Beavers or any Rugrats babies on fan roster predictions.

ivanlerma

Smash Champion
My guess is that everyone keeps guessing the main characters when it could easily be a supporting or side character.
etc

I also rarely see either of the Beavers or any Rugrats babies on fan roster predictions.
Really? are the beavers really not that present on predictions lists/rosters

LimeTH

Smash Lord
Really? are the beavers really not that present on predictions lists/rosters
I only see them on roster predictions that are like 30+ character "dream" rosters. When trying to decide the last 2-3, they (and the Rugrats) have never come up as far as I've seen.

Given the 90's bias, Rocko's Modern Life and Angry Beavers are the only two pre-Spongebob Nicktoons left that aren't in some sort of legal red zone to have a character in the game, so I'm fairly confident in them getting characters if the 2-3 remaining slots are from shows yet unrepresented.

Last edited:

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
etc

Heffer over Rocko would make a lot of sense actually. Another ultraheavy and, while I wouldn't go as far as to say Rocko is completely unfit for a fighting game like Arnold or the babies, Heffer certainly seems like more of a fighter than his Wallaby bestie (have you heard Rocko's voice lines in Attack of the Toybots? A lot of his battle quotes seem a little off-character)

Last edited:

LimeTH

Smash Lord
Heffer over Rocko would make a lot of sense actually. Another ultraheavy and, while I wouldn't go as far as to say Rocko is completely unfit for a fighting game like Arnold or the babies, Heffer certainly seems like more of a fighter than his Wallaby bestie (have you heard Rocko's voice lines in Attack of the Toybots? A lot of his battle quotes seem a little off-character)
Yeah, them picking Heffer instead checks out to me. Pretty much every other 90's show that's only getting one character picked someone other than the protagonist. I can see them continuing the trend with Heffer as the Rocko rep. In addition, RML really put more focus on Heffer, Filburt and the Bigheads over Rocko as the show went on anyway, so that's a further point for a character other than Rocko.

With Beavers though, it's either of the two brothers. That show didn't usually concern itself with its supporting cast the same way the other Nicktoons did. There's no way they'd put in Barry the Bear over Dag or Norb.

Last edited:

amageish

Smash Master
etc

Also quite possible! I could see a Bighead getting in to represent Rocko's Modern Life as well, as was briefly discussed earlier in the thread.

Rugrats is another IP people have generally not been predicting further content from, true...

So, in conclusion, we should keep in mind minor characters who would make for interesting fighters, supporting characters who would make for interesting fighters, and protagonists who would make for interesting fighters... wait a minute

LimeTH

Smash Lord
So, in conclusion, we should keep in mind minor characters who would make for interesting fighters, supporting characters who would make for interesting fighters, and protagonists who would make for interesting fighters... wait a minute

Last edited:

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
Also quite possible! I could see a Bighead getting in to represent Rocko's Modern Life as well, as was briefly discussed earlier in the thread.

Rugrats is another IP people have generally not been predicting further content from, true...

Hell Heck, Dr. Hutchinson could've got in just because hooks are a cool weapon for all we know, or perhaps Rachel because she's a cartoonist and can use moves they may have wanted for Rudy or Snap before Frederator happened.

(Though Rachel would unfortunately be very easy to shout "forced representation!" at)

On a semi-related note, if we ignore the whole Frederator thing I'd really much prefer Jorgen over Timmy - the problem I have with Timmy for this game is that I feel he has too much moveset potential, to the point it's impossible to represent even a small portion of what he can do in a moveset - unless wishing was some sort of mechanic? I dunno. Same problem I have with Maxwell in Smash. I don't see any issues with Jimmy though, even if I'd prefer Hugh.

Last edited:
Top Bottom