• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Nickelodeon All-Stars Brawl General Thread - All Star Brawl 2 Available Today!

Sammerbro44

Smash Apprentice
Assuming that both a third Avatar rep and Rocko are in (again, that's not actually be outright confirmed), I'm still keeping my fingers crossed that that last slot goes to Jenny!
Y'know, with as big as the Avatar series is, I'm surprised the only things that have been shown off for it are the stages. I thought that Aang at the very least would've been one of the first characters to get showcased. Makes me really wonder what they've got cooking for their move sets

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Y'know, with as big as the Avatar series is, I'm surprised the only things that have been shown off for it are the stages. I thought that Aang at the very least would've been one of the first characters to get showcased. Makes me really wonder what they've got cooking for their move sets
Seeing what they do, I'm sure it'll be pretty nuts. Stance change?

Last edited:

dlewis53

Smash Lord
Yeah, that's something rather curious I've noticed: despite the leaked boxart heavily implying that both Aang and Korra being playable, not only have neither been officially confirmed, but in the meantime, we've gotten three stages based on the Avatar universe.

And the weird thing is that this is the only case of this in the marketing; even with CatDog, we didn't know about a CatDog-centric stage until the titular duo were officially revealed. So it feels odd that Avatar has had three stages shown, but no playable characters confirmed (even though we know of at least two through unofficial means).

Last edited:

7NATOR

Smash Master
I'm guessing the Avatar characters are gonna be pretty Complex, which is why we haven't seen any

Aang and Korra might have Stance changes with the Elements like Someone suggested. They might also have an Install Mechanic with the Avatar State as well, which all seems complex to implement and Balance

If the 3rd Avatar character (Going by Stage theory) is Toph, then I Imagine she would be pretty complex being a Ground only Fighter and probably have Platform creation based mechanics and such

Ze Diglett

Smash Champion
Writing Team
NNID
ZeDiglett
Oh my god does this mean this game is going to have three attack buttons?
Honestly, thank god. Aerial strong attacks are pretty fun, too. This game is shaping up to be way, WAY better than Smash on gameplay alone IMO.

amageish

Smash Master
It is quite odd, especially if it ends up being that literally half of the remaining reveals are from the same IP... There's definitely a lot of moveset potential, though they also have revealed some characters that we've seen almost nothing for moveset-wise, so idk if they'd need to delay the reveal for that.

Maybe it's some kind of galaxy-brain metagame play to have the final reveals include reps from what is sometimes considered one of the greatest cartoons of all time to minimize salt haha.

Teeb147

Smash Legend
1 stage for each character could be a pattern but not a rule ;)

That is, 3 avatar stages for 2 characters. Though really I'd love Toph so wouldn't complain if it is her :D

Last edited:

Quick Gaming (QG)

Smash Lord
So I just realized that since the game was revealed, I've only ever come in here to ****post, so I might as well say some of the things I'm thinking:

-I still get the vibe that Ren and Stimpy are a single character. It just feels kinda weird to have them separate
-Otherwise, I do also believe in Stage Theory, so I'd imagine a third Avatar rep is coming. It's prolly Toph due to the stage in question coming from the Earth Kingdom, but I want Iroh - I've barely ever watched anything from Avatar, mind you, I just think we need more old people in fighting games
-I'm also in the camp that believes Rocko is a locko. I do not see a reason for him to miss out
-So that would leave 1 more character. I know a third Loud House rep is a popular prediction rn, but I'm still feeling it's one more new series. Based on roster patterns, general speculation and just plain ol' gut feelings, I'm feeling either Jimmy, Garfield or potentially one more 90s character like someone from Rocket Power

anyway they should add Rango I think
I agree with all of this pretty much

cashregister9

Smash Hero
One thing I want to say about the Earth Kingdom stage is that it looks like Omashu, they could just call the stage Earth Kingdom and have the character be Toph, but if it is specifically Omashu then a third avatar rep could potentially be Azula. As the first fight between Aang and Azula took place in Omashu before they met Toph.

Or the Galaxy Brain take of

Omashu being Aang's stage and the Air Temple could be Zuko's stage as that is where he joined.

amageish

Smash Master
One thing I want to say about the Earth Kingdom stage is that it looks like Omashu, they could just call the stage Earth Kingdom and have the character be Toph, but if it is specifically Omashu then a third avatar rep could potentially be Azula. As the first fight between Aang and Azula took place in Omashu before they met Toph.

Or the Galaxy Brain take of

Omashu being Aang's stage and the Air Temple could be Zuko's stage as that is where he joined.
I'm going to be very amused if we get Azula in this game with Omashu as her stage while Sandy Cheeks has a literal ghost ship as her home stage.

Sandy is the new go-to Nick antagonist. This is canon now.

dlewis53

Smash Lord

Sweet. Looks like there'll be Gamecube controller support for the Switch buyers. Since you jump with the Y button, wonder if there'll be no tap jump option.
...Oh, so the strong variants can be mapped to a certain button? It's not based on how hard/light you tap the attack button? Nice! I much prefer this, because I absolutely SUCK with precise button-tapping!

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend

Sweet. Looks like there'll be Gamecube controller support for the Switch buyers. Since you jump with the Y button, wonder if there'll be no tap jump option.
Slightly more complex controls? I dunno about this, I got into Smash because for me they'd be the easiest controls to master for fighting games.

Hopefully they'll become second-nature like Suda 51 game controls...

Last edited:

TheBrainJem

Smash Hero
NNID
TheBrainJem
I Dunno if anyone has seen the newest Papagenos video about the box art leak, but it also mentioned some stuff about the Garfield Leak that happened that may potentially point to it possibly being real.

I think more and more I think it's very likely a real leak that the developers didn't realize was real because it came from FairPlay Labs and not Gamemill or Ludocity.

However it's possible it's a real leak, but someone threw in Garfield for ****s and giggles (however the Garfield model shown seems to be one that has never been seen before and I can't find any that match it on Google, fan models or official)

Last edited:

dlewis53

Smash Lord
Slightly more complex controls? I dunno about this, I got into Smash because for me they'd be the easiest controls to master for fighting games.

Hopefully they'll become second-nature like Suda 51 game controls...
...Wait, how are these controls any more complex than Smash? From what I can tell, the only addition is an extra button for strong attacks, while the usual attack button is mapped for normal attacks.

And that doesn't seem all that complex to me.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
...Wait, how are these controls any more complex than Smash? From what I can tell, the only addition is an extra button for strong attacks, while the usual attack button is mapped for normal attacks.

And that doesn't seem all that complex to me.
What I'm saying here is that I usually jump with X in Smash, but now I'll have to remember not to hit that accidentally in Brawl. Small **** like that is important to keep track of, you know.

Last edited:

Quick Gaming (QG)

Smash Lord
What I'm saying here is that I usually jump with X in Smash, but now I'll have to remember not to hit that accidentally in Brawl. Small **** like that is important to keep track of, you know.
actually I asked a dev and they confirmed that button mapping is a thing, so you can set the controls to whatever

dlewis53

Smash Lord
Ah, I see. So it's more that they're switching the buttons around a bit.

Although, frankly, I can easily see there being an options menu where you can customize your control scheme. So I wouldn't really worry about that.

Edit: Darn it, QG! You beat me to it! :p

Last edited:

TheBrainJem

Smash Hero
NNID
TheBrainJem
...Man, people just won't let go of that leak being real despite being told to the contrary, will they?
It just seems possible that it's a real leak, and honestly there's no harm in talking about it,looking into it or discussing it.

Part of the fun is just the speculation period afterall

I think Garfield is probably happening regardless of this is real or not, it just seems with the stuff that was gathered it may be possible a real thing.

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
I hope this means there's a chain combo system, where you can cancel light attacks into heavy ones, and then heavy attacks into special ones.

WahHahaha

Smash Ace
For people saying that it makes sense for Ren and Stimpy to be one character, no it really doesn't. In the show they are 2 separate characters, not 2 characters in one like Catdog, I also feel like it would be harder to make them into one character than having them be separate.

WahHahaha

Smash Ace
...You know, even though one of the developers themselves have stated directly that it wasn't real while also indirectly acknowledging that the box-art leak from earlier was real.
Still I think this leak might be a good thing, because it could lead to people actually asking for Garfield to be a fighter, and it would be cool if he's playable.

TheBrainJem

Smash Hero
NNID
TheBrainJem
...You know, even though one of the developers themselves have stated directly that it wasn't real while also indirectly acknowledging that the box-art leak from earlier was real.
Im guessing you didn't watch the video because that's addressed.

Basically, the leak first came up on a Latin American site, and the studio responsible for 3D modeling for the game, FairPlay Labs, is located in Costa Rica. Pair that with the fact the Garfield model isn't one we have seen before and that April O'Neil is there, the scenario could be that the leak is real but the main dev team might not have realized it was real since the background is different since it wasn't what they were using.

I dunno if the devs have commented on it since then or if anyone has brought up this fact to them (I am not part of the server) but it's entirely possible

dlewis53

Smash Lord
For people saying that it makes sense for Ren and Stimpy to be one character, no it really doesn't. In the show they are 2 separate characters, not 2 characters in one like Catdog, I also feel like it would be harder to make them into one character than having them be separate.
...You do realize that just because they're not literally joined together like CatDog doesn't mean they can't still function as a duo fighter? Or even have a switching mechanic? I mean, Duck Hunt functions pretty well in that regard.

Heck, the fact that they still haven't been revealed yet says to me that there's something about their moveset that the developers want to be ironed out before showing off, and them being a duo fighter or having a switching mechanic like Zelda and Sheik used to would fall into that category.

dlewis53

Smash Lord

Basically, the leak first came up on a Latin American site, and the studio responsible for 3D modeling for the game, FairPlay Labs, is located in Costa Rica. Pair that with the fact the Garfield model isn't one we have seen before and that April O'Neil is there, the scenario could be that the leak is real but the main dev team might not have realized it was real since the background is different since it wasn't what they were using.

I dunno if the devs have commented on it since then or if anyone has brought up this fact to them (I am not part of the server) but it's entirely possible
I don't know, that still feels like a stretch to me. You'd think the two devs would be in touch with each other than that.

WahHahaha

Smash Ace

The problem with that theory is that all developers should know about who's playable, in fact that kind of stuff is probably planned out very early. It's not like a co developer can just start "secretly" working on Garfield without anybody else knowing.

I do want Garfield to be playable, so the better thing to do is ask for him to be DLC right now instead of believing a fake leak. I don't think the DLC is mapped out yet.

Last edited:
Top Bottom