• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Nickelodeon All-Stars Brawl General Thread - All Star Brawl 2 Available Today!

TheBrainJem

Smash Hero
NNID
TheBrainJem
To those that asked, it's apparently on the Brazillian e-Shop of the game

Also the game is live on digital stores now!

Anyways taking the boxart into account with how Ren and Stimpy are placed and the fact that these are their major players they have yet to "reveal", I'd say this is probably gonna be our final roster, or at least something similar

View attachment 328575
Pretty much what I think but probably would swap Luan with either Garfield or Rocko (leaning more on Garfield being in the base roster now)

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
To me, the box art does indeed confirm that yes, Ren & Stimpy are seperate. In silhouette, it looked a bit like both were cheering, but with full details they're clearly in different poses that don't bounce off each other like I thought.

EDIT: also consider the speed streak lines, Ren & Stimpy are clearly moving away from each other.

Last edited:

LimeTH

Smash Lord
To me, the box art does indeed confirm that yes, Ren & Stimpy are seperate. In silhouette, it looked a bit like both were cheering, but with full details they're clearly in different poses that don't bounce off each other like I thought.

EDIT: also consider the speed streak lines, Ren & Stimpy are clearly moving away from each other.
Counterargument, remember GIR in the first trailer? How for a moment he looked like a separate character from ZIM because they used him rather than one of the other actually playable characters for that final faceoff shot?

Just because they're posed separate doesn't mean they are.

If they were separate though, I'd learn to live with it purely because it'd make people stop insisting the Angry Beavers absolutely have to be an Ice Climbers duo or Alph alts of each other in any potential DLC or sequel.

Last edited:

FreeFox

Smash Lord
Who would have though that a simple image might have lead to so much? We might be almost about to learn the whole roster. That also means that we should be getting the rest of the reveals this month. Besides a possibility in the smash direct, what other events do we have in september?

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
When I made my point about R&S I was running off the assumption everybody remembered what Rep said about "leg girl"'s placement before the April reveal: that each piece of character art was produced seperately and just placed in any visually appealing position as long as SpongeBob was in front. If Ren & Stimpy were a duo their art likely would've had eithet similar poses or them interacting.

Why would you want Ren & Stimpy as a duo, anyway? Sure it could be fun to have them beat one another up to win as a team, but CD are using that gimmick to an extent and Ren & Stimpy clearly have enough unique qualities to set them apart in battle.

Last edited:

Fields - Ultimate's Great

Smash Journeyman
When I made my point about R&S I was running off the assumption everybody remembered what Rep said about "leg girl"'s placement before the April reveal: that each piece of character art was produced seperately and just placed in any visually appealing position as long as SpongeBob was in front. If Ren & Stimpy were a duo their art likely would've had eithet similar poses or them interacting.

Why would you want Ren & Stimpy as a duo, anyway? Sure it could be fun to have them beat one another up to win as a team, but CD are using that gimmick to an extent and Ren & Stimpy clearly have enough unique qualities to set them apart in battle.
I just prefer them together than apart.

Ze Diglett

Smash Champion
Writing Team
NNID
ZeDiglett

I just think they function better as a pair than they do apart. Imagine if the show was only Ren or Stimpy, it's just wrong. Plus, I think it'd make them way more unique, since we don't have a proper duo character (CatDog is only ostensibly a "duo" in the absolute loosest sense and seems to be closer to a stance fighter archetype-wise) and they could have some really fun moves where Ren swings around Stimpy or Stimpy tosses Ren as a projectile, for instance. It's just more fun that way IMO.

Last edited:

LimeTH

Smash Lord
The vitriol is only ever one sided on Ren's part. Stimpy rarely ever actually fought back, so them fighting each other to fight the opponent wouldn't happen as it does for CatDog. Ren and Stimpy don't go into direct conflict with each other all that often compared to CatDog or the Beavers where their differences and sibling rivalries make up the bulk of the shows' dynamic. Ren abuses and backstabs Stimpy on the regular, but Stimpy never does anything intentionally mean to Ren like that. Otherwise, the two usually work as a unit just fine.

I have no real issue with them being separate characters (heck, we could count Ren as a technical villain rep the same way we can for ZIM). I guess it comes from it being fun to imagine how it would work, how it actually makes sense for these particular characters to have that sort of gimmick than it would for other character pairs, and definitely a bit of denial in wanting the extra slot that a duo would leave open for a character from a show yet unrepresented.

Last edited:

BonafideFella

Smash Journeyman
i still believe (or hope strong enough for delusion's sake) that ren and stimpy are a duo. i can't really imagine the benefits of having them separate that couldn't also be fulfilled by having them together.
keep in mind that while my theory is as much conjecture as anyone else's, i don't see how their poses on the boxart give away that they're separate. they're still positioned together at the top of the box (likely to account for them being together in alternate boxarts) and are facing forward for the sake of consistency with everyone else. at least, that's what i see.

Capybara Gaming

Just Vibing

Because both of them are already boring enough characters on their own, that I don't want them each taking up a slot on the roster.

Am I being a stick-in-the-mud? Maybe, but I just don't see them as particularly interesting enough on their own as opposed to as a duo.

dlewis53

Smash Lord
Having seen that supposed image of the actual box-art...yeah, I'm sticking to my guns on this: I still have a strong feeling that Ren & Stimpy are gonna be a duo character (either fighting directly alongside each other ala Duck Hunt or Banjo & Kazooie, or implementing some sort of switching mechanic ala Pyra & Mythra); just the fact that the two are posing so close together makes me think that they aren't gonna be separate fighters.

Honestly, at this point, I don't care how many characters are revealed next; I just want Ren & Stimpy to be among them so we can finally put this debate to rest!

...And also so we can have some sort of confirmation/de-confirmation of Stage Theory.

Last edited:

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Leaks like this don't surprise me anymore. It's hard to keep base stuff under wraps in general. Rep's gonna have a field day here. :wiismith:

I know there's at least like 6 other characters that'd make it in before him, but I need my main man Barnacle Man and his sulfur vision
View attachment 328567
Too bad they retired the character in SB alongside Mermaid Man, even with the prospect of no voices.

If there is a Nintendo direct this week or the next, do any of you think we might get a new character revealed in it?
Yes. There isn't too many months left before release anyway, so it's getting too late to turn back from standalone announcements now.

That being said, I think we'll get a stream next week.

I just think they function better as a pair than they do apart. Imagine if the show was only Ren or Stimpy, it's just wrong. Plus, I think it'd make them way more unique, since we don't have a proper duo character (CatDog is only ostensibly a "duo" in the absolute loosest sense and seems to be closer to a stance fighter archetype-wise) and they could have some really fun moves where Ren swings around Stimpy or Stimpy tosses Ren as a projectile, for instance. It's just more fun that way IMO.
Not to mention that there's a precedence for this, since Stimpy's Invention on the Genesis had their entire gameplay function like that. Wouldn't be strange to use that as a frame of reference, if the Turtles can get away with using moves from their own old fighting game.

Who would have though that a simple image might have lead to so much? We might be almost about to learn the whole roster. That also means that we should be getting the rest of the reveals this month. Besides a possibility in the smash direct, what other events do we have in september?
PAX was mentioned, I believe.

Last edited:

GilTheGreat19

Smash Master
I’m with Nelson on this one
I was hoping for someone not initially noticeable to be on the box art, especially between Stimpy and Spongebob, but oh well haha

Sammerbro44

Smash Apprentice
Overall, this looks pretty solid (Though Catdog's positioning does feel a bit off to me). Correct me if I'm wrong, but if we look at Ren and Stimpy, doesn't Ren have one of his hands behind Stimpy? Maybe Ren does in fact hold onto Stimpy from behind (though tbf, it could just be Ren having his other fist in the air not touching Stimpy). This does lead me to believe that they are a duo fighter as opposed to separate.

Quick Gaming (QG)

Smash Lord
Overall, this looks pretty solid (Though Catdog's positioning does feel a bit off to me). Correct me if I'm wrong, but if we look at Ren and Stimpy, doesn't Ren have one of his hands behind Stimpy? Maybe Ren does in fact hold onto Stimpy from behind (though tbf, it could just be Ren having his other fist in the air not touching Stimpy). This does lead me to believe that they are a duo fighter as opposed to separate.
imagine if Ren rides Stimpy like a horse

DrifloonEmpire

Smash Champion
Reptar doesn't have a stage yet. They can always show one later.
I know, it's just a bold assumption to make. Nobody predicted a third Avatar rep before Omashu was revealed, and much of the April/Shredder speculation came from having three TMNT stages. Those were both based on solid evidence. Whereas this is just kinda out of nowhere.

Last edited:

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
I know, it's just a bold assumption to make. Nobody predicted a third Avatar rep before Omashu was revealed, and much of the April/Shredder speculation came from having three TMNT stages. Those were both based on solid evidence. Whereas this is just kinda out of nowhere.
It's anecdotal but I was absolutely predicting a third Avatar character up until we knew there were going to be two character announcements at Gamescom. I stopped then because I figured the announcements were Aang and Korra and it would've been odd to reveal two but not three...only for it to be CatDog and April with Omashu implying a third rep anyway lol.

I always thought we'd get Zuko with a chance of it being Toph instead, though since Omashu I've been leaning more towards Toph, but it could still be Zuko.

ivanlerma

Smash Champion
Most likely from a few people believing loud house(and ren & stimpy) would get three characters since they are popular similar to Spongebob, TMNT, and probably Avatar.

Last edited:

DrifloonEmpire

Smash Champion
It's anecdotal but I was absolutely predicting a third Avatar character up until we knew there were going to be two character announcements at Gamescom. I stopped then because I figured the announcements were Aang and Korra and it would've been odd to reveal two but not three...only for it to be CatDog and April with Omashu implying a third rep anyway lol.

I always thought we'd get Zuko with a chance of it being Toph instead, though since Omashu I've been leaning more towards Toph, but it could still be Zuko.
If it were Ba Sing Se I'd definitely make a case for Zuko there since he has connections to it, though a more general Earth Kingdom stage like Omashu definitely leans Toph for me.

...or we could just get King Bumi instead! I mean his whole shtick IS making us think differently than we normally do! XD

Last edited:

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
Well we now know that there weren't any hidden characters inside the obvious silhouettes.

Now we truly know 19 characters (20 if Ren & Stimpy are separate)

CapitaineCrash

Smash Champion
Considering that the dev said themselves that they have big biais for 1990 and early 2000's cartoon, I personnally don't think we'll get a third Loue house rep even if the show is pretty big.

FreeFox

Smash Lord
PAX was mentioned, I believe.
When is Pax?

A for the duo discussion. I kinda hope they are our duo character for the game. My main reasoning is that the more gimmicky characters are the ones that havemt been revealed yet. I think all the rest have some sort of gimmick to themselves. My main reason is for different styled gameplay though its just my guess.

WahHahaha

Smash Ace
So it appears that there are only 2 characters that we don't know about now.

I'm betting on another Spongebob character, probably Squidward and then probably another TMNT character. Chances aren't too good for Jimmy Neutron in the base game.

Top Bottom