• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Nickelodeon All-Stars Brawl General Thread - All Star Brawl 2 Available Today!

Fields - Ultimate's Great

Smash Journeyman
Faster reveals would be wonderful and is likely what they're getting. The devs are a lot more open than they used to be and there's no big event to force every reveal in like how Smash tends to be.

And not gonna lie, I'd significantly prefer Ren and Stimpy together than apart. They'd be our only wacky duo of characters that aren't literally glued together like Catdog is.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
So, here's something to consider.

Do you think we'll hear of the next two characters in the Direct? I doubt they'd squat forever just to hold out on half a dozen base characters until November.

Faster reveals would be wonderful and is likely what they're getting. The devs are a lot more open than they used to be and there's no big event to force every reveal in like how Smash tends to be.

And not gonna lie, I'd significantly prefer Ren and Stimpy together than apart. They'd be our only wacky duo of characters that aren't literally glued together like Catdog is.
The key thing here about this orange compared to the apple is that there's no language barrier here, so it'll be easier for fan suggestions to filter through rather than waiting a console gen for payoff.

Unfortunately, that also means it'll be easier for the vocal minority to bombard with flame posting on Twitter if they don't get what they want or complain about anything...

Last edited:

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend

Do you think we'll hear of the next two characters in the Direct? I doubt they'd squat forever just to hold out on half a dozen base characters until November.

The key thing here about this orange compared to the apple is that there's no language barrier here, so it'll be easier for fan suggestions to filter through rather than waiting a console gen for payoff.

Unfortunately, that also means it'll be easier for the vocal minority to do flame posting on Twitter if they don't get what they want or complain about anything...
What Direct? As in a Nintendo Direct? Why would they show spunch bop's multiplatform clone of Nintendo's biggest seller in a Nintendo Direct?

Also, STOP USING "VOCAL MINORITY" AS A STRAWMAN and let people dislike things. Frankly, a vocal minority being more vocal means they're more passionate and therefore more worthy of listening to.

Last edited:

Smash Journeyman

Unfortunately, that also means it'll be easier for the vocal minority to bombard with flame posting on Twitter if they don't get what they want or complain about anything...
"November"

But... we literally have a date of October why are you still using November?

Smash Journeyman
When was there EVER an official, non-placeholder October release date? If anything there's more proof for November due to the quickly reversed pre-order delay.
???

This exact day will probably be changed as it really limits them otherwise but I'm still leaning to October than November. We never got anything for November, for all we know the game is just slated for late October rather than early October.

Last edited:

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
You know, something that shocks me is that despite the game coming out this fall (which isn't that far away) they didn't use Catdog/April's trailer to announce a release date. I hope they don't end up announcing last minute. Most likely fall could also mean November so maybe that's why.
To be fair, they are taking their time and want to do this right, so I won't necessarily see October as solid just yet.

Take it from somebody who saw the date for Shantae's art book having been delayed constantly for a few years.

What Direct? As in a Nintendo Direct? Why would they show spunch bop's multiplatform clone of Nintendo's biggest seller in a Nintendo Direct?

Also, STOP USING "VOCAL MINORITY" AS A STRAWMAN and let people dislike things. Frankly, a vocal minority being more vocal means they're more passionate and therefore more worthy of listening to.

Okay, sheesh. Though it still hurts having seen someone refer to April as "forced female representation".

But really though, I have no idea when and where they'll announce the next character, Youtube, Twitter, somebody's t-shirt, etc. Do you figure we'll hear something in late September? I doubt that we're getting Indie World again any time soon.

Last edited:

CapitaineCrash

Smash Champion
To be fair, they are taking their time and want to do this right, so I won't necessarily see October as solid just yet.

Take it from somebody who saw the date for Shantae's art book having been delayed constantly for a few years.

Okay, sheesh. Though it still hurts having seen someone refer to April as "forced female representation".

But really though, I have no idea when and where they'll announce the next character, Youtube, Twitter, somebody's t-shirt, etc. Do you figure we'll hear something in late September? I doubt that we're getting Indie World again any time soon.
I think they're going to do a countdown on their sites like they did with Future Games show so we'll know when trailer will drop. Assuming the game still release early in october, we should have news very soon (maybe next week). That being said I would't be shocked if the game is internally delayed for late October or even November, but even in that case we won't wait long for news because they have 6 characters to announce in 2 months.

Last edited:

Geoffrey Druyts

Smash Ace
3DS FC
1993-7715-4423
Switch FC
SW-6723-8387-1403
I was checking online to see reactions to our newcomers and it seems there are people upset about April´s inclusion. Commonly cited reasons include
  • Not having other TMNT characters instead,
  • Comments abot preferring the spot be used for MLAATR, Fairly Oddparents or Jimmy Neutron
  • Some preferring her deisgn of 2012 or that of Rise
  • And shockingly enough people thinking she is boring. :c

This looks like the perfect roster. (I´ll wait for DLC for Beavers and Donnie)
I'll be honest, not having all the turtles is kinda weird. I don't mind April, I just wish we would've gotten the other 2 turtles aswell.

I think they're going to do a countdown on their sites like they did with Future Games show so we'll know when trailer will drop. Assuming the game still release early in october, we should have news very soon (maybe next week). That being said I would't be shocked if the game is internally delayed for late October or even November, but even in that case we won't wait long for news because they have 6 characters to announce in 2 months.
I hope they'll fix the counter if they do that.

So I got a question about Ren and Stimpy. I think they'll be duo characters, but you guys think they'll be like the Ice Climbers, or more like Zelda/Sheik where you can swap between the 2 characters?

Last edited:

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
I'll be honest, not having all the turtles is kinda weird. I don't mind April, I just wish we would've gotten the other 2 turtles aswell.

So I got a question about Ren and Stimpy. I think they'll be duo characters, but you guys think they'll be like the Ice Climbers, or more like Zelda/Sheik where you can swap between the 2 characters?
As far as TMNT goes I'm mostly in this for Shredder now at this point anyways, since I just got April. If we do get the other turtles, that'll be gravy.
That said, I do think they'll take the :ulticeclimbers: approach, since they had tag team gameplay in Stimpy's Invention on the Genesis (which is what I think they'd use as a base for some of their moves here, like how Leo and Mikey have nods to Tournament Fighters).

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend

If they're a duo character they will certainly function more like Banjo or Duck Hunt with Ren beating up Stimpy to pull off attacks. The IC mechanic would never work for them.

Sammerbro44

Smash Apprentice
I've updated my predictions list based on all the new information discussed:

Basically Confirmed from Boxart
  • Ren & Stimpy (The Ren & Stimpy Show)
  • Aang (Avatar: The Last Airbender)
  • Korra (The Legend of Korra)

My Predictions
  • Rocko Rama (Rocko’s Modern Life) - I would be legitimately surprised if Rocko doesn't make the cut for the base roster. To me, he just checks all the boxes (One of the first nicktoons to be produced after the big 3, in several Nickelodeon crossover games in the past, extremely popular character, good moveset potential).
  • Toph Beifong (Avatar: The Last Airbender) - Stage theory really makes me believe we will get a 2nd Avatar character. Realistically, I can see it being either Toph, Katara, or Zuko, but I like Toph the most so I'm going with her. Plus, Toph has good moveset potential (I picture her like Little Mac where her ground attacks are much more powerful than her aerials since she relies heavily on the ground to see).
  • Jimmy Neutron (The Adventures of Jimmy Neutron: Boy Genius) - My least confident prediction. Extremely popular, good moveset potential, etc. However, I could definitely see other characters getting in over him. Still, I would love it if this roster got a bit of that Neutron Style going on

Geoffrey Druyts

Smash Ace
3DS FC
1993-7715-4423
Switch FC
SW-6723-8387-1403

My Predictions
  • Rocko Rama (Rocko’s Modern Life) - I would be legitimately surprised if Rocko doesn't make the cut for the base roster. To me, he just checks all the boxes (One of the first nicktoons to be produced after the big 3, in several Nickelodeon crossover games in the past, extremely popular character, good moveset potential).
  • Toph Beifong (Avatar: The Last Airbender) - Stage theory really makes me believe we will get a 2nd Avatar character. Realistically, I can see it being either Toph, Katara, or Zuko, but I like Toph the most so I'm going with her. Plus, Toph has good moveset potential (I picture her like Little Mac where her ground attacks are much more powerful than her aerials since she relies heavily on the ground to see).
  • Jimmy Neutron (The Adventures of Jimmy Neutron: Boy Genius) - My least confident prediction. Extremely popular, good moveset potential, etc. However, I could definitely see other characters getting in over him. Still, I would love it if this roster got a bit of that Neutron Style going on
My predictions are pretty much the same as yours. For Toph I also have Zuko as a close second as the third Avatar rep. And for Jimmy, I have Garfield and Timmy as alternatives. Timmy cuz of being the second longest cartoon series from Nickelodeon, and Garfield cuz he's a recently bought out franchise and has meme potential like Nigel.

Rocko is a lock in my opinion, if he's not in I'll be really surprised

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
I kind of hope the stage theory is just another thing like "this one random menu I'll spend most of my time NOT looking at must be a perfect square".

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
People are going "What about Donny, Raph and Shredder?" and I'm just sitting here accepting the fact that Casey Jones with a business suit alt is probably not meant to be.
View attachment 328132
I'm more concerned about him showing up in Shredder's Revenge period, seeing as we don't know if that'll get much more playable characters aside form maybe Splinter.

I kind of hope the stage theory is just another thing like "this one random menu I'll spend most of my time NOT looking at must be a perfect square".
This one is more of a fan rule, if anything. The current stage "pattern" could be broken by a single random thing.

FreeFox

Smash Lord
Personally I think its important to strike for a balance between personal desires and community needs. This is mostly because without the individual, a community cant exist and grow. At the same time, a community can only stay alive with the nurture and protection that the community offers. Lean to heavily on either side and you end up in oppresion. An individual whose desires ara always put aside, leaves the community. A community that is never at peace, it grows weak and ends up falling apart.

Yeah, I understand the feeling.

Sammerbro44

Smash Apprentice
For Toph I also have Zuko as a close second as the third Avatar rep.
I've been seeing a lot of people say that Avatar will have 3 reps with Aang, Korra, and the mystery 3rd character and it's left me kind of confused. Wouldn't Korra represent not the Avatar: The Last Airbender series, but rather The Legend of Korra series? I haven't seen the show in years, but as far as I can remember, Korra wasn't in Avatar: The Last Airbender. Aren't The Legend of Korra and Avatar: The Last Airbender separate shows?

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
I've been seeing a lot of people say that Avatar will have 3 reps with Aang, Korra, and the mystery 3rd character and it's left me kind of confused. Wouldn't Korra represent not the Avatar: The Last Airbender series, but rather The Legend of Korra series? I haven't seen the show in years, but as far as I can remember, Korra wasn't in Avatar: The Last Airbender. Aren't The Legend of Korra and Avatar: The Last Airbender separate shows?
Yes but Korra takes place like a century later in the same world

RileyXY1

Smash Hero
They are separate, but they are both part of the greater Avatar franchise. It's comparable to Rugrats and All Grown Up.

LimeTH

Smash Lord
do u guys they will show a trailer at pax?
That's actually a pretty good thought. It's another gaming event in the lead up to launch that they can use as an excuse to build hype rather than dropping reveals randomly.

Yes but Korra takes place like a century later in the same world
Not even, it's more 50-60 years, give or take, since a few of the TLA characters are all still alive, albeit elderly.

Though it still hurts having seen someone refer to April as "forced female representation".
I swear, they'd say that to any female character that gets in period. I hate seeing people say that ****.

Last edited:

Ze Diglett

Smash Champion
Writing Team
NNID
ZeDiglett
I'm expecting mostly standalone reveals going forward, mainly because I don't know what venues they could even have reveals at with only 2-3 months until release. Maybe PAX, but that's about the most I'm thinking of.

amageish

Smash Master

Honestly, they've shown weirder licensed game offerings in Directs lol. I doubt Nintendo would be advertising it as a highlight, but I think that Nick has the money to get it into one of those "AND SO MUCH MORE IS COMING TO SWITCH!" compilation sections if Nick really felt it was worth doing.

Though, yeah, I'm not exactly expecting it to happen either. I'm unsure how fast of a turnaround to expect on future reveals - weekly, bi-weekly, etc...

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
With potentially two characters per month, they're gonna have to think fast about how to show them off. They already had to drop their original plans of drip-feeding Catdog and April by themselves in favor of saving them for Gamescom instead.

That said, I do like the idea of Nick hijacking random events.

Last edited:

Capybara Gaming

Just Vibing
If we end up getting a third Loud, I gotta put in my vote for my favorite, Luna. A music-based kit is something we don't have in Smash or this game thus far.

My Predictions
Right now, this is what I'm hoping for. Like, this exact lineup. If I could dump one character, it'd be Korra, but she's basically confirmed, so... Jenny and El Tigre for DLC.

dlewis53

Smash Lord
So I don't get what the issue with Jenny is?

Like, she appeared in Super Brawl Universe, that mobile game that basically was the direct predecessor to All-Star Brawl, and that game released back in March 2019.

So I'm not sure what the big issue is?

Also, separate question: Why is everyone suddenly assuming we're getting a third Loud House character? Was there a stage reveal that I'm not aware of?

Last edited:

cashregister9

Smash Hero
I finally have some predictions

Rocko - He always tends to show up in these crossovers
Ronnie Anne - A third Loud House rep and she could represent The Casagrandes
A 2000's Character - I think another 2000's character will get it, I'm just not sure who, A Third Avatar character seems likely, but I also feel like a Wild Card character like XJ9 or Timmy are very possible.

Mamboo07

Smash Hero

Like, she appeared in Super Brawl Universe, that mobile game that basically was the direct predecessor to All-Star Brawl, and that game released back in March 2019.

Also, separate question: Why is everyone suddenly assuming we're getting a third Loud House character? Was there a stage reveal that I'm not aware of?
I think Jenny is a pretty popular requested character.

For the Loud House rep, there's no stage reveal but people think we might get another rep, someone like Luna.

amageish

Smash Master

Like, the issue as in why people are skeptical of her making it in? I think it's just that roster slots are looking limited and, while Nick has a history of working with Frederator Studios and it seems very likely that they could get Frederator Studios IPs for the game, people are concerned that they would pick other Frederator Studios IPs over her, as Timmy Turner would be far more mainstream of a choice.

That said, personally, if this game is getting DLC, I am not deeply concerned about Jenny not being able to make it in ever. Jenny has proven to be a super-duper-popular character with the specific fanbase that is speculating about and interested in this game; she seems like she'd be a high priority for DLC if she didn't make it into the base game and the developers are now planning an expansion.

I don't think anyone is assuming anyway; it was just thrown out as a possibility and people are discussing their feelings about who they would want. The roster is currently quite 90s-focused, so one of the non-Avatar unknowns being someone from the 2000s or 2010s or 2020s doesn't seem unreasonable as a prediction, with The Loud House being their biggest super-modern hit.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
If we end up getting a third Loud, I gotta put in my vote for my favorite, Luna. A music-based kit is something we don't have in Smash or this game thus far.
This, a hundred times. It's almost impossible for us to get Ember from Danny Phantom, but Luna is the next best thing as far as rocker girls go.

Plus she doesn't have song license or creator issues getting in the way, so they can do whatever. And she would fit the staff's reasoning for some characters getting in simply because they're cool.

Last edited:

dlewis53

Smash Lord
Like, the issue as in why people are skeptical of her making it in? I think it's just that roster slots are looking limited and, while Nick has a history of working with Frederator Studios and it seems very likely that they could get Frederator Studios IPs for the game, people are concerned that they would pick other Frederator Studios IPs over her, as Timmy Turner would be far more mainstream of a choice.

That said, personally, if this game is getting DLC, I am not deeply concerned about Jenny not being able to make it in ever. Jenny has proven to be a super-duper-popular character with the specific fanbase that is speculating about and interested in this game; she seems like she'd be a high priority for DLC if she didn't make it into the base game and the developers are now planning an expansion.

I don't think anyone is assuming anyway; it was just thrown out as a possibility and people are discussing their feelings about who they would want. The roster is currently quite 90s-focused, so one of the non-Avatar unknowns being someone from the 2000s or 2010s or 2020s doesn't seem unreasonable as a prediction, with The Loud House being their biggest super-modern hit.
In regards to Jenny, I think it's possible Ludosity might fight for her to be in base game over Timmy, mainly because for as mainstream as Timmy is, Jenny would probably prove to be more interesting as a fighter, which is something that Ludosity seems to be focusing on based on past comments.

As for a third Loud House rep, I guess it's just sometimes it comes off to me as people assuming that these kind of choices are in as opposed to simple speculation. I blame the Smash speculation scene for this.

But if we were to get a third Loud House rep, I'd probably go with Luna; from what little I've seen of the show so far, she seems like a really cool character, and as others have pointed out, having a music-based fighter would be pretty cool and something I don't think even Smash has done yet.

LimeTH

Smash Lord
After seeing this ESRB rating, I'm pretty certain Ren & Stimpy are seperate. Every move sans the pizza throw (Mikey) sounds like a perfect Stimpy move but not a Ren move.
Well Toot Laser is already Patrick's. He uses it in the first trailer.

Smash Journeyman
After seeing this ESRB rating, I'm pretty certain Ren & Stimpy are seperate. Every move sans the pizza throw (Mikey) sounds like a perfect Stimpy move but not a Ren move.
That doesn't mean much. Toot laser belongs to Patrick and there's nothing really stopping it from being a Catdog case where one of them does an attack while the other is apart of the animation somehow. First fart and log toss are only two moves.

Top Bottom