• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Nickelodeon All-Stars Brawl General Thread - All Star Brawl 2 Available Today!

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
I do believe some kind of Rocko rep is almost a lock - Rocko or Heffer are most likely, but Dr. Hutchinson and Really Really Big Man don't seem off the table either. (I was thinking Rachel as there's some unique moveset potential that could come from her being a cartoonist - but then I remembered ChalkZone exists, heh.) I generally don't like saying things are "locks" unless it's as obvious as Inkling was before the SSBU teaser, but I'm confident enough to at least say almost.

Last edited:

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
It would be cool to play as Rattlesnake Jake who's has a freaking gun tail.
(I can picture his attacks having him constrict, bite or using his body like a living lasso)
I was thinking that Rattlesnake Jake would be a great alternative to Rango because while Rango uses a realistic pistol, Jake has an exaggeratedly giant gattling gun on his tail - which, while technically more violent, is also something kids are much less likely to get ahold of than a pistol. Also serpentine fighters are great.

Last edited:

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
View attachment 322981

So Nick was very laissez-faire with the roster selections. Knowing the devs, I would say Garfield is a lock now. Probably Jenny gets a boost from this.
Hmm, that leaves the FBCC comment in a strange area

Garfield all depends on when the game started development - I believe this game's existence (but not IP/company or even genre) has been known for about a year now and Viacom snapped up Garf in 2019 - but we still don't know when development actually started. Garfield could've missed the bus by a few months for all we know, which would be a right shame.

Faso115

Smash Lord
What are the chances the Penguins from Madagascar or Po from Kung Fu Panda gets in the game

Quick Gaming (QG)

Smash Lord
Hmm, that leaves the FBCC comment in a strange area

Garfield all depends on when the game started development - I believe this game's existence (but not IP/company or even genre) has been known for about a year now and Viacom snapped up Garf in 2019 - but we still don't know when development actually started. Garfield could've missed the bus by a few months for all we know, which would be a right shame.
the devs confirmed in a news report on their site that development started in March 2020 (which quite frankly blew my mind)

Kirby Dragons

Smash Hero
View attachment 322981

So Nick was very laissez-faire with the roster selections. Knowing the devs, I would say Garfield is a lock now. Probably Jenny gets a boost from this.
This is a surprise. I'd expect Nick to have some absolute musts. Characters and series they wanted to push. A few of them, at the very least.

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
the devs confirmed in a news report on their site that development started in March 2020 (which quite frankly blew my mind)
Garfield is looking very likely. I do think that foot on the box art could he his given it has 3 toes, even if I can't find a way to draw his outline
2D4A0E61-45E2-4715-9A4D-3F4754AFEB4D.jpeg

One thing that did concern me is that Jim Davis might be opposed to Garfield fighting, but on further inspection I don't think that's a big deal.

From the Garfield's 9 Lives book, which chronicles different reincarnations of Garfield over history - cave Garfield, Roman Garfield, so on.

Additionally, the Nick server has Garfield; Jimmy Neutron; and Mr. Meaty emotes - though I doubt that points to anything, especially in the case of Meaty.

Last edited:

Etheus Rook

Smash Apprentice
Keep in mind that when questioning devs on such things, their prerogative is to typically NOT reveal anything substantial while also not being dismissive or rude. Reading too much into their answers is the stuff of madness.

Let's look at one of the big ones - don't assume someone will be added because they're attached to someone who is. The comment can be read as a deconfirmation of characters like Raph, Donny, Arnold, etc. But it's really a statement of non-commitment. Nothing more, nothing less. It's meant to keep down the hype of people expecting one character because their friends/family are in there. And expect that to be especially applicable to the Louds and other large groups of associated characters.

Enigma735

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-0889-8796-1569
In all seriousness, I could honestly see Hugh Neutron get in this game and I think a possible case can be made for him.

Nickelodeon absolutely loves to cash in on memes. Battle for Bikini Bottom - Rehydrated had the surprised SpongeBob meme as an idle animation as well as chicken SpongeBob, Handsome Squidward was a portrait in Squidward's Dream, Nickelodeon released figures based on SpongeBob memes, a bunch of modern Nickelodeon ads have been an attempt to appeal to "zoomer humor", and this is the sole reason we got Nigel Thornberry in here. Given the fact that Nickelodeon is like a "boomer trying to be hip and cool for the young audience" and especially if Nigel can get in, I think other meme characters, such as Hugh Neutron would not be a stretch in the slightest.
On top of that, Gamemill posted this on Twitter:

Gamemill has taken note of the fan requests for characters, and to me, this tweet came across as less so them wanting to hear our fan requests, and more so them wanting to consider our fan requests. Hugh Neutron, unironically enough, has been one of the most requested characters for this game. He was literally trending on Twitter the day the game was announced and it even the caught attention of Hugh's VA on Twitter, and even he was going along with the memes and it actually seems like he would be down for it as well. If Gamemill is seriously considering fan suggestions, I would not be surprised in the slightest if Hugh wasn't at least brought up, and I see no reason why they wouldn't consider including him, given the other things I just mentioned.

Honestly, I'm unsure if Hugh would be a base roster character. A part of me doubts that Hugh was a serious consideration from Nickelodeon, and we don't even have Jimmy yet. But, if their is DLC and if Jimmy is in, I honestly think Hugh may be one of the most likely characters for DLC, and I'm not even joking here. We'll see, but I'm unironically feeling good about Hugh considering all the attention he's gotten to be added in.

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
I do hope they get to be a puppet fighter
Actually you know what a stance fighter might work better, where you're constantly dealing with the leading side switching while playing CatDog. Either way their combos would be typed out as something like "Cat utilt->Dog utilt->Dog nair->Cat fair".

Peepo T. Skeleton

Smash Ace
Exactly 9.7 inches away from your current location
View attachment 322981

So there's no must-haves, but there's definitely some must-not-haves. Hopefully it'll mostly be limited to shows that most people don't like unironically.

MBRedboy31

Smash Lord
I am weirdly and surprisingly excited for this game- and to delve into the meta and pick it apart at top play. What do you think the balance and tech will be like? Pretty nifty.

If Catdog makes it in- I wonder how their dual sense of self would work in terms of mechanics.
My idea for how they work is that, like, Cat would be on the left and Dog would be on the right, permanently; no amount of flicking the control stick back and forth will make them turn around. (They could maybe turn around by spotdodging or down special or something, but IDK if that would ruin the idea that I‘m going for.) They’d each have their own unique forward tilt, forward smash, dash attack, side special, grabs and throws, and side aerial that’d make them have somewhat of a different archetype depending on which side of them the opponent is on. As such, they’d be a weird sort of stance fighter that’s based on positioning instead of actually changing stances.

Last edited:

The Smash Nerd II.0.

Smash Journeyman
What are the chances the Penguins from Madagascar or Po from Kung Fu Panda gets in the game
Um, I say 0% chance of geting in. 3 of the Nicktoons co-produced by DreamWorks Animation (The Penguins of Madagascar, Kung Fu Panda: Legends of Awesomeness and Monsters vs. Aliens: The Series) are based on DreamWorks Ip's (Madagascar, Kung Fu Panda and Monsters vs. Aliens) which are now owned by Comcast Corporation who also owns all of NBCUniversal, so add them on to the deconfirmed list

IzukuXYang4Life

Banned via Warnings
Oh I am so excited for this game!!

I honestly can't tell yah how long I've been waiting for a Nickelodeon Smash Bros style game!!

Though I do hope All Stars Brawl isn't just ShovelWare For The Week.

BTW.

Here's what I want to see in the game!! I want characters like,

Steve And Blue From Blue's Clues

Drake Parker And Josh Nichols From Drake And Josh

Ned Bigby From Ned's Declassified School Survival Guide

Kenan And Kel

Fairly Odd Parents Characters Like Timmy Turner, The Crimson Chin, Crash Nebula, Mr. Crocker, Jorgen Von Strangle, Vicky, ect..........

More Avatar Character's Like Toph, Sokka, Azula, Iroh, Zuko, And Katara

Skulk, Vlad, And Ember From Danny Phantom

Krumm And Ickis From Ahh Real Monsters

Gordon, Waffle, And Mr Blink From Catscratch

Bugs Bunny As A Guest Character (Since Looney Tunes Did Actually Air On Nickelodeon Once)

I also want to see some stages based on the game shows Nick used to have like

A Legends Of The Hidden Temple Stage

Figure It Out

A Nick Arcade Stage

The Agro Crag From Nickelodeon Guts

A Double Dare Stage

Also would be cool to see Either An Are You Afraid Of The Dark Stage Or An Assist Trophy Character From That Series.

As well as a stage based on Nickelodeon Studios at Universal Studios Flordia- https://nickelodeon.fandom.com/wiki/Nickelodeon_Studios?file=Another_photo_of_Nickelodeon_Studios.jpg

With it being a stage that lets you travel around to different shows.

I also think it would be sweet seeing all the old school single player modes Smash Ultimate just could not get.

Home Run Contest

Break The Targets

Trophy Rush

Smash Run

Board The Platforms

A Boss Rush Mode

An All Star Mode

An Actual Story Mode That's More Like Subspace Emissary

Multi Man Smash

Event Matches

And maybe some new modes

Like A Bowling Mode Similar To Tekken 7's Bowling Mini Game

An Arcade Mode That Gives You Cute Character Cutscenes

A Chess Mini Game Similar to Mortal Kombat's Deception Mini Game.

All of that would be most appreciated. In addition to them actually throwing in trophies.

I want to see all of that in the new Nickelodeon All Star Brawl game.

Feel free to either agree or disagree with me.

The Smash Nerd II.0.

Smash Journeyman
Here's a list of deconfirmed characters so far:
Alex Mack
Fanboy and Chum-Chum (presumably, based on producer comments)
GIR (presumed to be a part of Zim's moveset)
My take of a list of deconfirmed characters
Alex Mack
The Flying Dutchman (in the backgound of The Flying Dutchman's Ship stage)
Any characters from the Nicktoons co-produced by DreamWorks (because they are now owned by Comcast)
Doug from Doug (his cartoon is owned by Disney) (A add-on with help from Sammerbro44 Sammerbro44 )
Characters from Making Fiends, Catscratch, Mr. Meaty and Robot and Monster (same as Fanboy and Chum-Chum)

Last edited:

Sammerbro44

Smash Apprentice
My take of a list of deconfirmed characters
Alex Mack
The Flying Dutchman (in the backgound of The Flying Dutchman's Ship stage)
Any characters from the Nicktoons co-produced by DreamWorks (because they are now owned by Comcast)
We should probably add Doug to that list since the cartoon is owned by Disney

TeenGirlSquad

Smash Master
View attachment 322981

This is actually pretty interesting. It means that even universes that have never been in crossover games before, can appear. And if we assume this was the same process used for the Kart Racing roster selection (GameMill pitching characters), then it makes more sense, since:

I guess we can use this roster as a reference for what we are likely to get in the full game
It looks like that game also had Ren and Stimpy, Catdog, Reptar, Helga, Danny Phantom, Zim and GIR, Aang and Korra, and Lincoln and Lucy specifically. I think that substantially improves the chances of Rocko, Arnold, Tommy and Angelica, Squidward, the other two turtles, and maybe even Shredder.

But ofc we can't necessarily expect them to pitch the same characters or even have the same characters accepted every time. It also means that universes we take for granted, like Fairly OddParents and Jimmy Neutron, may just get snubbed because they weren't pitched and weren't required by Nick, like in Kart Racing. But I think that with Ludosity also pitching characters, that might not happen. And it means that some of the more obscure characters we've wanted, might get in just because GameMill or Ludosity had interest and Nick had no problem with them. Even if they've never appeared in a crossover before, like Nigel, Powdered Toast Man, Oblina, etc.

Last edited:

evanwoo10

Smash Lord

I guess we can use this roster as a reference for what we are likely to get in the full game
In Nickelodeon Kart Racers 2, there were also these Smash Ultimate Spirit equivalents in the form of Crewmates. Crewmates basically gave you special effects and power ups while racing. The top row are the Chief Crewmates and the bottom row are the Crew Members. Many popular characters in those shows that didn’t become racers, still got represented in Crewmate status. Maybe this list could also be used to help narrow down some candidates for a spot on the roster.

Link to Website
5908D68C-5787-49CF-B863-F438E9F17C86.jpeg

C08B3AEF-F7B6-4723-9A18-2524DEB372E9.jpeg

Last edited:

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
I want to see all of that in the new Nickelodeon All Star Brawl game
As long as you're prepared for the inevitability of not getting all this I guess

Honestly I think the biggest issue with the roster will be the sitcoms as actor likeness is infamously an absolute ***** so that explains the one reject we know of so far

Sammerbro44

Smash Apprentice
I really hope we get some real gameplay soon. I think this game has potential but I’m sorta sus about it at the same time.
I agree. The little snippets of gameplay we got from the announcement trailer were nice and all, but they felt pretty fast and short. An actual video highlighting the gameplay, such as full matches between the characters, would be much better

Wigglerman

Smash Ace
Since we know, at least if the boxart is correct, that Cat-Dog is in the game. If each series gets at least two reps I really hope we get everyone's favorite Whip-poor-will. It'd be 'unbelievable'.

Last edited:
Top Bottom