• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Nickelodeon All-Stars Brawl General Thread - All Star Brawl 2 Available Today!

CapitaineCrash

Smash Champion
It's possible that one of the final character will be a big surprise or a joke character like Powdered toast man. Ren & Stimpy are basically confirmed (it's just a matter of knowing if they're a duo or not) and Aang, Korra are also basically confirmed and another Avatar rep seems like a safe bet if stage theory is correct. If he haven't seen any correct prediction maybe Rocko isn't in because he seems to be on a lot of predictions. I guess Jenny and Jimmy wouldn't be too.

amageish

Smash Master
Yeah, if it was a normal choice, then you'd think that someone would have "1,000 monkeys typing on typewriters will eventually predict the Nickelodeon All-Stars Brawl roster" into it by now... though it is also possible that developer just so happens to have missed the screenshots of people being correct.

I could definitely see another out-there side-character-randomly-included choice though. There's a absurdly large amount of Nick side-characters people like and would be eligible for inclusion...

dlewis53

Smash Lord
I'm also wondering if when he says "correct prediction" he means a 100% correct prediction.

So in theory, an "incorrect" predication could be as simple as being one character off.

Of course, considering he doesn't specify on anything beyond that statement, it's hard to say for sure.

dlewis53

Smash Lord
View attachment 328958
Patrick moveset has dropped! He is in fact a grappler
Quite a few things to note.

1. I had a feeling the laser attack would be his down tilt and the ice cream cone attack was his down aerial Smash.

2. I did not call that midair dash-looking attack being his Up Special; I guess this implies that Danny's similar looking move might be his Up Special as well. I'm also curious what exactly the "Hugdriver" involves. Does anyone know if that's a reference to an episode I'm not thinking of?

3. I freaking love how his neutral Strong Attack involving the phone is call "No, It's Patrick!"; that's freaking hilarious and I love it! These guys are having fun with these attack names, I can tell!

So, overall, I imagine Patrick's gonna be a bit of a slower, heavyweight character. Basically, as QG mentioned, a grappler.

Also, since we got SpongeBob and then Patrick's moveset, I'm gonna hazard a guess and say that we'll be getting Sandy's moveset next.

Last edited:

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
I'm also curious what exactly the "Hugdriver" involves. Does anyone know if that's a reference to an episode I'm not thinking of?
I think it's their way of giving Patrick a command grab while he isn't exactly known for wrestling. It might be a reference to Zangief's Spinning Piledriver more than anything, so I can't wait to see Patrick's Final Smash, Final Name'snotrick Buster.

Last edited:

amageish

Smash Master
I'm also wondering if when he says "correct prediction" he means a 100% correct prediction.

So in theory, an "incorrect" predication could be as simple as being one character off.

Of course, considering he doesn't specify on anything beyond that statement, it's hard to say for sure.
I assume it must be a 100% roster prediction. It seems literally impossible that nobody would be right about the remaining 6 because Aang, Korra, and Ren & Stimpy still are officially "unrevealed."

Patrick moveset has dropped! He is in fact a grappler
Very nice moveset! If they can pull from Battle for Bikini Bottom for moves, then they can totally pull from the musical too, right? I don't know how, but I want this to happen. Sandy does have an entire song about karate... so... idk; maybe pull something from that.

dlewis53

Smash Lord
I honestly kind of wish that the game's main website would update with these moveset lists as they came out; as is, it's still just the initial trailer, some blurbs about the game's features, and then the renders of every fighter revealed so far that still do nothing when you click on them.

It feels rather bland if you ask me.

Teeb147

Smash Legend
Ok so there's no 'side' attacks at all? that's a bit of a bummer, but air strong attacks and there being 2 different dash attacks is new.

dlewis53

Smash Lord
Ok so there's no 'side' attacks at all? that's a bit of a bummer, but air strong attacks and there being 2 different dash attacks is new.
...I mean, this was made pretty clear when SpongeBob's moveset was revealed.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
What's funny is that, despite this seeming to be a limitation, NASB actually gives characters one more aerial than Smash does (6 vs 5).

Teeb147

Smash Legend
...I mean, this was made pretty clear when SpongeBob's moveset was revealed.
I've been busy ;)

What's funny is that, despite this seeming to be a limitation, NASB actually gives characters one more aerial than Smash does (6 vs 5).
Considering I'm very much an aerial fighter, I might like the extra aerials quite a bit. Hmm youre right it's only 1 more, but more flexibility because you don't have to face a certain way for certain ones. (would still like for side tilts tho XD)

Last edited:

dlewis53

Smash Lord
Let's see, 1 Neutral + 4 Directionals vs. 1 Neutral and 2 Directions with Strong variants each...

Huh. Yeah, the math checks out.

dlewis53

Smash Lord
Rotate the control stick 360 degrees, starting from forwards.

So Patrick literally is Zangief.
So you spin the control stick in a complete circle and press the Special Attack button? And you start from whichever direction Patrick is facing?

...I'm sorry, you kind of lost me. What move of Patrick's are they referring to? Is it his Up Special?

Quick Gaming (QG)

Smash Lord
So you spin the control stick in a complete circle and press the Special Attack button? And you start from whichever direction Patrick is facing?

...I'm sorry, you kind of lost me. What move of Patrick's are they referring to? Is it his Up Special?
yes, he has Fox's up special but if he grabs anyone it functions like Falcon's where he gets a boost and can use it again. They gave a character with 3 inescapable command grabs that

Last edited:
Top Bottom