• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Nickelodeon All-Stars Brawl General Thread - All Star Brawl 2 Available Today!

WahHahaha

Smash Ace
Why are people ignoring Fairlyodd Parents? It has to be in the game in some way, there's no way a Cartoon that popular goes completely ignored.

Timmy has to be one of the final 2 right?

TheBrainJem

Smash Hero
NNID
TheBrainJem
At least the devs care for the show, if we're lucky they'll be. Both Vendetta and Charlotte have a lot of moveset potential, either standalone or together. Charlotte's pet that cut through entire trees and houses for example.
That would be nice, though I'd suspect if this game gets dlc support, it would take a lot or get either Charlotte or Vendetta in as playables (here's to hoping)

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
I think a platform fighter is one of the rare places where Garfield's infamous (if somewhat innacurate) status as a "5-joke strip" would help him a lot - newspaper swat? Air strong. Sleeping? Healing down B. Lasagna? slam it in their faces as a throw. Beware the dog sign? summon-counter. You can encapsulate a majority of the strip (or at least its modern version) in a single moveset with ease.

Why are people ignoring Fairlyodd Parents? It has to be in the game in some way, there's no way a Cartoon that popular goes completely ignored.

Most people on this thread have given up on Timmy due to copyright concerns with Frederator - my personal theory is that Danny was added to compensate for no Timmy, like an "Either we pay Frederator and Hartman for Timmy, or we just pay Hartman for Danny" scenario.

Anyway, people demanding Timmy or acting as if the game would be incomplete without him is getting extremely annoying on other NASB socials I check. (same with Jimmy, and to a lesser extent Jenny and Rocko.)

Last edited:

7NATOR

Smash Master

People aren't. Despite Fairly Odd Parents Popularity, there some right Issues that might be going on that prevent Timmy from perhaps being in Base Roster, as can be seen in other Nick games like the Kart Racers

I think he would be perfect for DLC because whatever Rights issues might be plauging him (Whether Butch Royalties, Frederator Royalties, that one Company that owns the Distributing rights to Seasons 1-5, etc) could be more easily payed off from the sales of the Games, or at the least Nick would be more willing too

I also think that his Moveset might be too Complex to make while at the Same time making the Base game. This is just my opinion, but I Imagine Timmy would have ALOT going on with him, if you take the concept of the show and such. I think since DLC focuses less on the Whole Game, and more Individual parts, those parts can get more attention to Detail. yes

FreeFox

Smash Lord

Considering how unusual the whole roster as a whole is (no 4 turtles, some series are missing main characters, Ahh monsters representation), it is kind of hard to tell.

WahHahaha

Smash Ace
Considering how unusual the whole roster as a whole is (no 4 turtles, some series are missing main characters, Ahh monsters representation), it is kind of hard to tell.
But none of what you mentioned is the same as skipping over a whole series that's pretty popular.

FreeFox

Smash Lord
But none of what you mentioned is the same as skipping over a whole series that's pretty popular.
Just pointing out that they are unusual team and that it plays a big part in the character selection.

That comment about popularity actually reminds me, has anyone managed to find out if there were other series that were popular in the devs´s country?

Last edited:

TCT~Phantom

Smash Master
Writing Team
NNID
TCT~Phantom

Timmy is Co Owned by Frederator, and likely would end up being more difficult to license for the game as a result. We have not gotten a single character from Frederator so far, and they made plenty of Nicktoons for this era. Heck, we did not get any Frederator stuff in the Kart Racers, which GameMill made. More fuel to the fire against him.

With only three characters left, Timmy looks in a bad spot with that alone. It does not help that one of the three spots left, so long as stage theory holds which looks stronger by the day, is an Avatar rep. Also given how much 90s pandering there has been, Rocko seems like the safest bet right now. Timmy just does not look to be in a good spot. Most likely will end up as DLC.

Also on the Garfield speculation, I lean DLC strongly. The Viacom Garfield buyout happened in 2019, which might have made it outside the cutoff of when the devs were negotiating the roster. Also, wouldn't you put someone like Garfield on the cover if you wanted to draw more attention to your game? To me, he seems like a solid DLC choice as a result.

Last edited:

DeviousFish

Smash Apprentice
tbh i think jenny could probably be more likely than timmy due to her being in that mobile nick fighting game that was released two years ago(and timmy was not part of that). I'm only saying this cause this seems like the most likely fredarator show to acquire and it leans to possibly being the only. I'm not saying i want jenny just going over some statistics and considering the other problems with timmy,jenny seems to fit the fredarator pick(though we'll see on that)

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
tbh i think jenny could probably be more likely than timmy due to her being in that mobile nick fighting game that was released two years ago(and timmy was not part of that). I'm only saying this cause this seems like the most likely fredarator show to acquire and it leans to possibly being the only. I'm not saying i want jenny just going over some statistics and considering the other problems with timmy,jenny seems to fit the fredarator pick(though we'll see on that)
Timmy was also in that game.

I should note that SBU is an MTX mobile game - it'd be easier to get character licenses since even if the game is a failure it'd probably earn back licensing costs easily.

DeviousFish

Smash Apprentice
Timmy was also in that game.

I should note that SBU is an MTX mobile game - it'd be easier to get character licenses since even if the game is a failure it'd probably earn back licensing costs easily.
ah ok,your point makes more sense. I suppose this means that fredrator characters will likely just be dlc at this point or won't be in the game at all.

LimeTH

Smash Lord
Timmy is Co Owned by Frederator, and likely would end up being more difficult to license for the game as a result. We have not gotten a single character from Frederator so far, and they made plenty of Nicktoons for this era. Heck, we did not get any Frederator stuff in the Kart Racers, which GameMill made. More fuel to the fire against him.

With only three characters left, Timmy looks in a bad spot with that alone. It does not help that one of the three spots left, so long as stage theory holds which looks stronger by the day, is an Avatar rep. Also given how much 90s pandering there has been, Rocko seems like the safest bet right now. Timmy just does not look to be in a good spot. Most likely will end up as DLC.

Also on the Garfield speculation, I lean DLC strongly. The Viacom Garfield buyout happened in 2019, which might have made it outside the cutoff of when the devs were negotiating the roster. Also, wouldn't you put someone like Garfield on the cover if you wanted to draw more attention to your game? To me, he seems like a solid DLC choice as a result.
I heard it's not so much a Frederator problem as it is they apparently need to pay royalties to Butch Hartman, who, lets be real, has more or less lost his mind in recent times. If this is true, then he's either asking for too much, or they don't find him worth dealing with.

FreeFox

Smash Lord

I remember someone also mentioned Timmy not getting much appearances in Nickelodeon games on recent times.

As for Garfield and this mention about leaning strongly. Here are my thoughs:
1630555508972.jpeg

Fields - Ultimate's Great

Smash Journeyman
Yeah, I am hoping that if the game becomes successful, the devs get more leeway to get more obscure series some much needed love. Not biased for loving Making Fiends
Bias or no bias, Making Fiends enjoyers that would want them in the game are the strongest links.

That would be nice, though I'd suspect if this game gets dlc support, it would take a lot or get either Charlotte or Vendetta in as playables (here's to hoping)
Praying the devs' bias performs another miracle and we get another "Ahhh Real Monsters" situation where a beloved character from a lesser popular show gets in.

I'd pay so much money to see say... Leonardo, Nigel Thornberry, Aang, and Danny Phantom deal with and "react to" Vendetta's fiend making nonsense.

Last edited:

dlewis53

Smash Lord
Well, if it turns out that Timmy can't get in due to both Frederator and Hartman, then at least Jenny doesn't have those same kind of hurdles.

It would just be Frederator.

FreeFox

Smash Lord
Bias or no bias, Making Fiends enjoyers that would want them in the game are the strongest links.

Praying the devs' bias performs another miracle and we get another "Ahhh Real Monsters" situation where a beloved character from a lesser popular show gets in.

I'd pay so much money to see say... Leonardo, Nigel Thornberry, Aang, and Danny Phantom deal with and "react to" Vendetta's fiend making nonsense.
And there is a great amount of potential for a moveset. From the giant monstruous cat, the scissor beaked bird fiend, her pet Hamster, the singing vegetables and even the explosive pigeon fiends.

Last edited:

DeviousFish

Smash Apprentice
a bit of a tangent,but judging by some movesets; i think i can put together what characters might be(again this is personal thought based on trailers) Spongebob-shoto Patrick-the common heavy character(maybe an all rounder Sandy-Mix-up Powdered toast man-Hit&run Zim-Zoner Danny phantom-Not sure Catdog-tag team April-Glass cannon Mikey and leo-turtle(pun not intended) Lincoln loud-Zone Breaker Lucy-Not sure Oblina-not sure Reptar-glass cannon helga-not sure Nigel-not sure. Again these are personal thoughts and will most likely not be accurate. Anyone is up to there own thoughts.

dlewis53

Smash Lord
a bit of a tangent,but judging by some movesets; i think i can put together what characters might be(again this is personal thought based on trailers) Spongebob-shoto Patrick-the common heavy character(maybe an all rounder Sandy-Mix-up Powdered toast man-Hit&run Zim-Zoner Danny phantom-Not sure Catdog-tag team April-Glass cannon Mikey and leo-turtle(pun not intended) Lincoln loud-Zone Breaker Lucy-Not sure Oblina-not sure Reptar-glass cannon helga-not sure Nigel-not sure. Again these are personal thoughts and will most likely not be accurate. Anyone is up to there own thoughts.
Just out of curiosity, what kind of archetype is "Turtle"?

DeviousFish

Smash Apprentice
Here is what it says on the site ''Most of the time these are also Zoners, being super defensive characters that focus on wearing their opponents down completely by hitting them from afar or with indirect moves. They can also be Hit & Run characters in the fashion that they poke opponents with projectiles while keeping a safe distance. Some of these characters usually don't perform well at close range, but tend to have fast melee attacks.'' I probably should've just put mikey in that category now that i think about it.

Last edited:

FreeFox

Smash Lord
Well, as far as I know turtle is a term for characters like Guile from street fighter

Patrick might be a grappler based on the amazing grab he had in the first trailer.
Catdog would be a stance character
Danny would probably be rushdown
Oblina might be the speedster, rushdown or glass canon.
Reptar might be our heavy hitter
Helga, I am not sure either
Zim is definitely a trapper
Nigel seems to be the joke character due to its unusual and hard to understand moveset.
April seems like a Frank West style character. Not sure what would be the term be.
Leo looks like another rushdown character to me.

The rest, I would need to see more before deciding.

Last edited:

Ze Diglett

Smash Champion
Writing Team
NNID
ZeDiglett
Speaking of the image on the left. I kind of wonder about the meaning behind some of Catdog scenes. Danny phasing through is just one of them. Later in the video, he tries to kick catdog in that same spot and it seems like the attack doesnt connect. I have to wonder if Catdog´s hurtbox might not include the stomach (the middle area).
Unlikely. On closer inspection, Danny's foot doesn't actually go through CatDog's body; the visual effect just makes it look like it does, kinda like how Mewtwo's tail attacks sometimes look like they whiff when they shouldn't have.

Light Nair not having a hitbox on the main body is likely just a balance decision, since it'd be kinda ludicrous if a frame 5 aerial had a hitbox like this:
lightnair.png

Quick Gaming (QG)

Smash Lord
I think a platform fighter is one of the rare places where Garfield's infamous (if somewhat innacurate) status as a "5-joke strip" would help him a lot - newspaper swat? Air strong. Sleeping? Healing down B. Lasagna? slam it in their faces as a throw. Beware the dog sign? summon-counter. You can encapsulate a majority of the strip (or at least its modern version) in a single moveset with ease.

Most people on this thread have given up on Timmy due to copyright concerns with Frederator - my personal theory is that Danny was added to compensate for no Timmy, like an "Either we pay Frederator and Hartman for Timmy, or we just pay Hartman for Danny" scenario.

Anyway, people demanding Timmy or acting as if the game would be incomplete without him is getting extremely annoying on other NASB socials I check. (same with Jimmy, and to a lesser extent Jenny and Rocko.)
Very true, though at least with Jimmy and Rocko especially they still have a pretty good shot, not gonna lose sleep if they’re not in base though, but I’d definitely be curious to hear how Rocko missed out if he did

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
I wonder if this could be related to the fabled Nintendo Direct everyone is blabbing about.
I mean, it would check out. Last month, we both got an Indie World and Pokémon Presents in two weeks in a row, and there's been a history of Directs airing around the 8th of September.

At least the devs care for the show, if we're lucky they'll be DLC. Both Vendetta and Charlotte have a lot of moveset potential, either standalone or together. Charlotte's pet that cut through entire trees and houses for example.
Yeah, I am hoping that if the game becomes successful, the devs get more leeway to get more obscure series some much needed love. Not biased for loving Making Fiends
Yeah, that would be nice. You can't blame me from talking about El Tigre and TUFF Puppy's Kitty at any given opportunity.

Very true, though at least with Jimmy and Rocko especially they still have a pretty good shot, not gonna lose sleep if they’re not in base though, but I’d definitely be curious to hear how Rocko missed out if he did
I imagine the reason would be as simple as "we wanted to include more 90s series, but we ran out of room".

For the record, I don't mind if FOP doesn't get in, since I'm mostly only interested in the only other Hartman show anyways.

Last edited:

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Yeah, from what I can personally gather, the biggest issue with Fairly Oddparents, My Life as a Teenage Robot, and even ChalkZone is that Frederator seems to own at least some of the licensing rights, and as such they'd cost more money to get.

I really don't think it's a coincidence that despite FOP's size, almost no Nicktoons game in the past decade or so (in other words, when they started having Essentially No Budget) contained any Frederator characters. Nicktoons Globs of Doom, the fourth in the Unite series, was much lower budget, and not only did it drop Jenny after the third game, but it was the first and only game in the series without Timmy, who had been one of the original four. The most telling bit, though, is what game did include Timmy and Jenny: Super Brawl Universe, the mobile 2D fighter. However, what's notable there is the context of their inclusion: Timmy and Jenny were both added very late into the game's life cycle, likely after it had made enough money in microtransactions to afford their licensing rights.

To me, what that says is that if anything, Timmy and Jenny (and if someone up there really likes me, Rudy) will be DLC. But even that would likely depend on the base game selling well enough.

Last edited:

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
Can someone repost the confirmed game controls? I'm having problems finding it.

Also do we know if it's mappable ?

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Yeah, from what I can personally gather, the biggest issue with Fairly Oddparents, My Life as a Teenage Robot, and even ChalkZone is that Frederator seems to own at least some of the licensing rights, and as such they'd cost more money to get.

I really don't think it's a coincidence that despite FOP's size, almost no Nicktoons game in the past decade or so (in other words, when they started having Essentially No Budget) contained any Frederator characters. Nicktoons Globs of Doom, the fourth in the Unite series, was much lower budget, and not only did it drop Jenny after the third game, but it was the first and only game in the series without Timmy, who had been one of the original four. The most telling bit, though, is what game did include Timmy and Jenny: Super Brawl Universe, the mobile 2D fighter. However, what's notable there is the context of their inclusion: Timmy and Jenny were both added very late into the game's life cycle, likely after it had made enough money in microtransactions to afford their licensing rights.

To me, what that says is that if anything, Timmy and Jenny (and if someone up there really likes me, Rudy) will be DLC. But even that would likely depend on the base game selling well enough.
So, with that knowledge in mind, do you think it'd be possible to have an extra Avatar/Loud House/unrepresented 90s property character in the base game?

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
If we're constantly hyping up the non-existant Nintendo Direct for no reason, we also have to keep this in mind. It goes both ways.

yeah theres not gonna be nick brawl news there. or in the ninty direct

Last edited:

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
If we're constantly hyping up the non-existant Nintendo Direct for no reason, we also have to keep this in mind. It goes both ways.

yeah theres not gonna be nick brawl news there. or in the ninty direct
I can't even pretend to get excited about PS Showcases a lot of the time, given how little legitimately interesting stuff they show. :tired:

That said, when do you'll think Game Mill will randomly drop the next character trailers on Twitter? Assuming it's not dumping all of them on the day before launch. Other than that and PAX East, I don't know any other way they'd advertise the rest of the roster before early October.

Last edited:

Teeb147

Smash Legend
I'm not banking on ren and stimpy being in 1 slot, so in that case there'd be just 2 characters we don't know (besides possible dlc)

If it's garfield + toph or jenny, I'd be really satisfied :D.

I wonder how the newer generation feels about the characters. Most of them are ones I grew up with.
And fairly odd parents would make a lot of sense, didn't know it was so hard to get the copyrights.

Last edited:

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
So, with that knowledge in mind, do you think it'd be possible to have an extra Avatar/Loud House/unrepresented 90s property character in the base game?
I don't really follow. If you mean whether or not we'll get more than 22 at base, absolutely not. Twenty two is definitely the magic number.

If you mean among the 2/3 (depending on whether or not Ren and Stimpy are a duo) remaining, then sure. I think a third Avatar character is practically confirmed with the presence of the third stage, and I think Rocko in particular stands a very good chance of making it. There are quite a few non-Frederator Nicktoons IPs not present yet, like Jimmy Neutron, Angry Beavers, Rocket Power, As Told By Ginger, and the aforementioned Rocko's Modern Life, to name a few.

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
Making Fiends enjoyers that would want them in the game are the strongest links
The amount of Making Fiends love I've seen since this game was announced makes me regret not having access to Nicktoons Network in 2008.

...to be honest I never really got to watch said network until Katrina forced me to move away from my home for a few months, but I made sure to watch the hell out of it and Nick GAS while I could.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
I don't really follow. If you mean whether or not we'll get more than 22 at base, absolutely not. Twenty two is definitely the magic number.

If you mean among the 2/3 (depending on whether or not Ren and Stimpy are a duo) remaining, then sure. I think a third Avatar character is practically confirmed with the presence of the third stage, and I think Rocko in particular stands a very good chance of making it. There are quite a few non-Frederator Nicktoons IPs not present yet, like Jimmy Neutron, Angry Beavers, Rocket Power, As Told By Ginger, and the aforementioned Rocko's Modern Life, to name a few.
I mean that with only 2 of the characters left that we don't know about from the base game (assuming that Ren and Stimpy take up a slot), unless my math is wrong. It seemed obvious enough.

Also, I was specifically talking 90s, Ginger and Jimmy are both early 00s.

The amount of Making Fiends love I've seen since this game was announced makes me regret not having access to Nicktoons Network in 2008.

...to be honest I never really got to watch said network until Katrina forced me to move away from my home for a few months, but I made sure to watch the hell out of it and Nick GAS while I could.
That's lucky, I could only watch Nick when I'd visit my auntie and late gamer uncle's former house.

Last edited:

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
That's lucky, I could only watch Nick when I'd visit my auntie and late gamer uncle's former house
I got to watch plenty of the main Nick channel at home, just not its extra channels. But a few months of getting to watch Nicktoons and Nick GAS was still enough to notice how infamous the Shrine of the Silver Monkey is.

CapitaineCrash

Smash Champion
Just pointing out that they are unusual team and that it plays a big part in the character selection.

That comment about popularity actually reminds me, has anyone managed to find out if there were other series that were popular in the devs´s country?
I couldn't find a lot of information, but I found the Nick sweden site link. First thing I noticed is that despite the dev saying that the live action show barely aired in their country, the site focus a lot on them like ICarly, Sam and Cat, Big Time rush and Victorious. My guess is that those shows were translated way later, so the dev didn't grew up with them even if they're aired today. Avatar and Legend of Korra are showcased on top, I'm not sure if they're still aired or they're just there because they're popular. Some more recent shows are not showcased on the sites, like both Spongebob spinoff, although It's Pony is there. I also found the schedule for tomorrow here. It seems that they're playing older show like ICarly and Victorious. Loud House, Spongebob and Henry Danger seems to aired a lot. It's just one day so it's hard to tell if that's the usual schedule or it's always like this.

Something weird is that according to wikipedia Fairly oddparents is broadcast on Nickelodeon and Disney channel in Sweden. I don't think it affects their chances, but it's something weird to notes.

On a related notes, I know Lazy town was hugely popular in Nordic countries. Unfortunatelty, the show has been bought by Turner broadcasting system, but it would have been pretty cool to get Sportacus (even though it seems that Live action characters are hard to work with).

FreeFox

Smash Lord
Yeah, that would be nice. You can't blame me from talking about El Tigre and TUFF Puppy's Kitty at any given opportunity.
Deal!

I couldn't find a lot of information, but I found the Nick sweden site link. First thing I noticed is that despite the dev saying that the live action show barely aired in their country, the site focus a lot on them like ICarly, Sam and Cat, Big Time rush and Victorious. My guess is that those shows were translated way later, so the dev didn't grew up with them even if they're aired today. Avatar and Legend of Korra are showcased on top, I'm not sure if they're still aired or they're just there because they're popular. Some more recent shows are not showcased on the sites, like both Spongebob spinoff, although It's Pony is there. I also found the schedule for tomorrow here. It seems that they're playing older show like ICarly and Victorious. Loud House, Spongebob and Henry Danger seems to aired a lot. It's just one day so it's hard to tell if that's the usual schedule or it's always like this.

Something weird is that according to wikipedia Fairly oddparents is broadcast on Nickelodeon and Disney channel in Sweden. I don't think it affects their chances, but it's something weird to notes.

On a related notes, I know Lazy town was hugely popular in Nordic countries. Unfortunatelty, the show has been bought by Turner broadcasting system, but it would have been pretty cool to get Sportacus (even though it seems that Live action characters are hard to work with).
Interesting. Well at the very least, this should dissipate doubts about a possible third Avatar character.

Top Bottom