• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Nickelodeon All-Stars Brawl General Thread - All Star Brawl 2 Available Today!

dlewis53

Smash Lord
I'd prefer we table the Rugrats discussion for now.

Anyways, after a few days of playing with voice-acting, speaking as someone who accepted that it wasn't gonna be a thing base-game due to Nick's lack of support, I rather enjoy that we have the feature now; most of the VAs do a pretty good job.

The returning actors all generally sound like they did (with the exception of CatDog; Tom Kenny's voice for Dog here sounds deeper than I remember, and Jim Cummings' Cat sounds closer to Darkwing Duck at times), with my favorite being Richard Horvitz as Zim; he's just so damn hammy that it's hilarious! And it was also nice hearing David Kaufman and Janice Kawaye return for Danny and Jenny respectively, and Mark DeCarlo returning for Hugh has me excited; that's gonna be fun!

As for the actors that served as replacements, in general, I'd say that they did a good job; Nigel and Oblina sound pretty close to how I remember the originals sounded, and not having any real experience with Ren & Stimpy, I have to say that David Kaye's portrayal here sounded pretty damn close to how I imagined Powdered Toast Man sounded like, so I'm happy.

That said, there were a few that I'm not so sure of, namely Reptar, Lincoln, Aang, and Toph. For Reptar, id don't know, he doesn't really sound much like a dinosaur or Godzilla; in some respects he reminded me of the Tazmanian Devil. For Lincoln, I get that the actor is clearly trying, and to be fair, I'm not that familiar with The Loud House, so I could be wrong, but shouldn't Lincoln sound older than he does? Though he doesn't have it nearly as bad as Aang and Toph in that regard; this could very well be my bias towards Avatar speaking, but I'm sorry, I can't get behind these voices; they don't sound like they're ten or twelve; they sound like they're both five or six, and it just doesn't work for me.

But those issues aside, overall, I'm happy with what they did with voice-acting, and I'm looking forward to seeing how the later characters sound!

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Alright I can actually get behind Maddie Fenton, provided we get a member of Danny's rogues gallery first; it's criminal that the one genuine serious superhero is stuck being the sole rep for his franchise
For sure. If you ask me, Ember and/or Desiree would be cool to see, though the former obviously has more demand.

Capybara Gaming

Just Vibing
For sure. If you ask me, Ember and/or Desiree would be cool to see, though the former obviously has more demand.
I still have a hard time separating Ember from a certain controversial figure ever since I heard about him, which is a shame since she was one of the more interesting characters.

I also just think Vlad and Skulker are too iconic to not be the first and second picks for Danny villains. At least one should be in

CapitaineCrash

Smash Champion
I feel like Rugrats would really need a DLC pack. Not only the character Reptar isn't the best representation (although I don't think he's a bad pick at all, just that he shouldn't be here alone), but another Rugrats stage have a lot of potential and the one we have right now is only for a very specific episode and doesn't represent the show overall like other stages.

If we do get more dlc and we get characters from already represented franchise, I think they should really do something with Rugrats.

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
If we do get more dlc and we get characters from already represented franchise, I think they should really do something with Rugrats.
Honestly I think the already-repped shows that have the best shot at DLC are Jimmy Neutron and Avatar.

Jimmy Neutron because its title character is still highly demanded, Avatar because...well, it just feels like it, with its large, vocal fanbase and Korra not really being satisfactory for showing off what water or fire bending can really do.

JOJONumber691

Smash Lord
Honestly really hope that some of the base game characters can get some love and attention in the future. Because the Post-Launch Characters blow them all out of the water. Doubt they will get that treatment, but I really hope they do indeed get it.

Last edited:

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
Honestly really hope that some of the base game characters can get some love and attention in the future. Because the Post-Launch Characters blow them all out of the water. Doubt they will get that treatment, but I really hope they do indeed get it.
I think Danny is the only character who really has a shot at getting redesigned, because the official Discord really thinks he's disappointing, both from a fanservice and a characters-are-functions perspective.

To me I think he's not Mewtwo enough, rather than not being Danny enough. I think he should really feel like Mewtwo in the air if Ludosity's goal was to make him the Mewtwo function.

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
Yeah Danny is pretty disappointing overall, even his model I don't think he looks that good.
Apparently they were forced to use an official sculpt of Danny as reference for modeling him, rather than drawings. Jenny didn't have the same restriction so they could actually replicate how she looks in the show.

dlewis53

Smash Lord
Don't know what you guys are talking about; I think Danny's pretty damn great as is! Plus, I don't recall ever hearing the devs saying he was supposed to function similarly to Mewtwo; that kind of sounds like more of the unnecessary Smash comparisons.

RileyXY1

Smash Hero
Honestly I think the already-repped shows that have the best shot at DLC are Jimmy Neutron and Avatar.

Jimmy Neutron because its title character is still highly demanded, Avatar because...well, it just feels like it, with its large, vocal fanbase and Korra not really being satisfactory for showing off what water or fire bending can really do.
As well as SpongeBob, which got three reps in the top 15 of the most recent fan poll. Squidward got 3rd place, Mr. Krabs got 11th place, and Plankton got 15th. Aside from SBSP and Avatar (which got Zuko at 7th), there are no other characters from base game represented series in the top 15, and the only other base game represented series characters in the top 20 are Vlad Masters in 17th place and Dib Membrane in 20th.

LimeTH

Smash Lord
I'm considering the possibility that we might not even get more than one rep per show in the DLC. They may want to do one rep per one show to cover as much ground as possible.

Though given how hardcore the demand for Jimmy is, I might end up being wrong.

RileyXY1

Smash Hero
I'm considering the possibility that we might not even get more than one rep per show in the DLC. They may want to do one rep per one show to cover as much ground as possible.

Exactly, and there's a lot of demand for Jimmy Neutron to get more reps. The show got 3 reps in the top 20 of that poll. Besides Jimmy as the number 1 most requested character, there's also Carl in 16th and Sheen in 18th. Although it doesn't come close to the Fairly OddParents. That show got four reps in the top 20, and two in the top 5. There's Timmy himself in 2nd place, the Crimson Chin in 5th place, Jorgen Von Strangle in 15th place, and Mr. Crocker in 19th place.

Ze Diglett

Smash Champion
Writing Team
NNID
ZeDiglett

I think Jimmy's gonna be the exception, but other than that, you're probably right. There's a lot of shows people wanna see in this game still and the devs definitely know that.

RileyXY1

Smash Hero
I think Jimmy's gonna be the exception, but other than that, you're probably right. There's a lot of shows people wanna see in this game still and the devs definitely know that.
Although the top 20 was full of repeat shows, with JN and SBSP taking three slots and FOP getting four.

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
I didn't even know about the stink cloud.

ivanlerma

Smash Champion
Maddie Fenton would be pretty cool.
Jack: Maddie!

At least if it means getting Otis, El Tigre, and a Chalkzone rep i'd be glad for it.

Last edited:

CapitaineCrash

Smash Champion

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Honestly I don't think think the poll will matter that much. This was our first season pass so they had to hit hard with Jenny, Hugh and Rocko, but I can see a future pass having like 1 big request and the other 2 being something that the dev just want to do.
Meanwhile, Hugh currently got in over Jimmy despite the latter being more highly expected. So we can't overlook what Ludosity decides in the end, anything could happen. Also, asking for Dreamworks characters is a complete waste of effort since Nick already has a movie character in Ringo anyways.

I didn't even know about the stink cloud.
Yeah, I figured the blimp was scrapped. At least April still got the Turtle one.

Last edited:

JOJONumber691

Smash Lord
I think Danny is the only character who really has a shot at getting redesigned, because the official Discord really thinks he's disappointing, both from a fanservice and a characters-are-functions perspective.

To me I think he's not Mewtwo enough, rather than not being Danny enough. I think he should really feel like Mewtwo in the air if Ludosity's goal was to make him the Mewtwo function.
Honestly Aang and Korra need it the most considering they’re pretty rough in terms of being themselves alongside Danny. But honestly I think everyone besides CatDog, April, and maybe Lucy needs some sort of new animation, Playstyle tweaks, etc.

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
Honestly Aang and Korra need it the most considering they’re pretty rough in terms of being themselves alongside Danny. But honestly I think everyone besides CatDog, April, and maybe Lucy needs some sort of new animation, Playstyle tweaks, etc.
Aang is the competitive fan favourite, you do not mess with the competitive fan favourite, source accuracy be damned.

DrifloonEmpire

Smash Champion
Fair idea, but the only slight issue with Stu is that the other notable remaining cartoon dads that aren't already in have more demand (except Lynn Sr., since his daughters take priority).
Lynn Sr. fighting with cookware and his cowbell sounds fun as hell! XD

Alright I can actually get behind Maddie Fenton, provided we get a member of Danny's rogues gallery first; it's criminal that the one genuine serious superhero is stuck being the sole rep for his franchise
Completely agreed! If we don't get Vlad then someone like Skulker, Ember, or Technus would be PERFECT!

Maddie's a great character but I feel like she'd definitely get hit with the "April Problem". Same goes for Kitty Katswell. She's also in a similar situation where her male counterpart (in this case Husband) Jack Fenton fits the goofier tone of the game much more (much like Dudley Puppy).

Last edited:

RileyXY1

Smash Hero
Lynn Sr. fighting with cookware and his cowbell sounds fun as hell! XD

Completely agreed! If we don't get Vlad then someone like Skulker, Ember, or Technus would be PERFECT!

Maddie's a great character but I feel like she'd definitely get hit with the "April Problem". Same goes for Kitty Katswell.
I don't think that Kitty would. She's more in demand than Dudley himself and is in fact the most requested post-2010 character according to the recent fan poll. She took 22nd place overall.

DrifloonEmpire

Smash Champion
I don't think that Kitty would. She's more in demand than Dudley himself and is in fact the most requested post-2010 character according to the recent fan poll. She took 22nd place overall.
I wasn't talking about fan demand. I'm just afraid they'd end up with the same "top tier slender action girl with great frame data" that April has had since launch.

Quick Gaming (QG)

Smash Lord
It’s not settled or anything but the generally agreed upon tiers for the cast at the moment is (mind you these are not ordered within the tiers, only by the tiers themselves):

S Tier - April, Zim

A Tier - Nigel, SpongeBob, Jenny, Danny, Michelangelo, Garfield, Helga, Shredder, Sandy

B Tier - Ren and Stimpy, Powdered Toast Man, Lucy, Lincoln, CatDog, Aang, Leonardo, Patrick

C Tier - Toph, Oblina, Reptar

D Tier - Korra

And even then barring maybe Korra most agree that everyone is solo viable

dlewis53

Smash Lord
Honestly, Aang and Korra are fine, both from a moveset/playstyle angle and from an "accuracy to the character" angle.

And again, I'm confused on why you're including Danny in this.

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
frankly I don't understand what they want out of Danny
For him to have every single one of his powers I guess.

This is something I think people need to understand when they want movesets overhauled: Fighting game movesets can't showcase every single thing a character has done, otherwise you run the risk of making them Ryu+Ken+Terry+Kazuya combined. Or if they're a one-off like PTM, their moveset becomes as small as an assist trophy's.

Even the FG characters in Smash, who usually have more moves than the other fighters, still cut plenty of punches and kicks to fit them into Smash.

Last edited:

Quick Gaming (QG)

Smash Lord
Yeah, well that's their problem, and frankly I don't understand what they want out of Danny; considering what the devs were trying to do with him, I think they did a really good job.
The grinders server thinks he's very annoying and fast

Still pales to the real NASB menace though

1654808175112.png

Top Bottom