• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Nickelodeon All-Stars Brawl General Thread - All Star Brawl 2 Available Today!

Mamboo07

Smash Hero
Apparently Jenny's quote at the start of a battle is getting patched out due to an unintentional reference to a certain animation.

Which I won't speak of.

PK-remling Fire

Smash Ace
Apparently Jenny's quote at the start of a battle is getting patched out due to an unintentional reference to a certain animation.

Which I won't speak of.
The fact that the quote was included in the first place is hilarious to me. There were probably a ton more fitting quotes for Jenny and that quote doesn't even make any sense without context.

Basically the devs totally knew what they were doing when they put it in

Quick Gaming (QG)

Smash Lord
1) Rep himself was the one that noticed and said it was getting removed
2) He doesn't think there was any bad intention by including it
3) The line itself isn't literally from it, they're just similar enough that people make the connection
4) Ludosity is Swedish for the most part, I doubt they'd even know about it

Last edited:

CrusherMania1592

Deaf Smasher
Premium
3DS FC
5472-7454-3545
Between this and Steve's meat, I hope every platform fighter has at least one DLC character that has a reference to something sexual (either intentional or unintentional) that gets patched out at a later date.
Wait, what?

What was the line that was even mentioned? If you can DM me the line, that's fine.

PK-remling Fire

Smash Ace
Considering the devs are pretty on the pulse related to Nicktoons with all their deep cuts, memes, and references, the chances of them not knowing about the parody animation is zero imo. Plus it's no secret that creators try to slip subtle references to age-inappropriate stuff into media all the time for a laugh, so having a seemingly innocuous line added as a joke sounds right up the alley for devs who are adding a bunch of memes and general internet references into the game. They probably just weren't expecting such a sudden negative reaction to it.

Though to be honest, when I first saw the screengrab of Jenny's line, I thought it wasn't real and that someone photoshopped it lol

Last edited:

Quick Gaming (QG)

Smash Lord
Alrighty, I've completed creation of a brand new Nickelodeon All Star Brawl character poll, should have even more characters than the previous big ones so please do fill it out when you get a chance!

Last edited:

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
Little late to the party here - but my boy Rocko's coming in actually!! :113:

Starting with Jenny was really going off strong for this DLC "pass" too, been longhoping to see her due how much of a cult classic she is. Hugh kinda threw me off but mainly due how off-the-loop I am with his memetic best-ofs. Hopefully he doesn't boot Jimmy off just because latter I guess doesn't have as much "meme power".

ivanlerma

Smash Champion
Alrighty, I've completed creation of a brand new Nickelodeon All Star Brawl character poll, should have even more characters than the previous big ones so please do fill it out when you get a chance!

You could've made a team timbers trio option, you know.

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
Quite off topic,but I think the amount of hate nasb gets its pretty sad. I think people are really way too harsh.
I think it comes down to people viewing Smash in a wildly different way from how NASB's devs do. To a platform fighting audience, the appeal of Smash is the movement; subtle character stat differences; and unique mechanics, but to a general audience, the appeal of Smash is the flashy super moves; crossover element; wacky moving stages; and story modes. The latter audience were the ones making games like PSASBR and PTE, while modern platform fighters tend to be made by the prior, and it just so happens NASB was the first platform fighter featuring established characters to use that mentality.

Side note: I had no clue just how much people cared about Final Smashes before NASB's release. I always considered them just another random item in a huge pool, but some people find a lack of them as a dealbreakers!

Last edited:

Geoffrey Druyts

Smash Ace
3DS FC
1993-7715-4423
Switch FC
SW-6723-8387-1403

Will you be sharing this poll on other places aswell?

amageish

Smash Master

I appreciate you making clear what the scale is. I found the last version of these 1-5 point scale rankings suffered from a lot of people obviously giving anyone they didn't recognize a 1 by default instead of it being no opinion... Filled it out~!

(I also appreciate Chip having a gif so we can remember how much his teeth sparkle - and Jenny ((the turtle, not the robot)) being on at it all.)

LimeTH

Smash Lord

I didn't see what the scale was supposed to be the first time I did it, and didn't realize it wasn't a "least to most" until amageish said so.
It cool that I did it a second time?

LimeTH

Smash Lord
it let you do it a second time?
Yes, but now its not letting me do it again. Not sure how this sort of thing works. Maybe the first time didn't count or got written over somehow? Maybe there's a limit where you can only do it two times?

Last edited:

Quick Gaming (QG)

Smash Lord
Yes, but now its not letting me do it again. Not sure how this sort of thing works. Maybe the first time didn't count or got written over somehow? Maybe there's a limit where you can only do it two times?
Should’ve only been able to do it once, you might’ve just reset your first one

Quick Gaming (QG)

Smash Lord
Ok the poll isn't done yet and I wanted to hold off on discussing results from it but something cropped up that I find very interesting

For the longest time the Holy 4 have been untouchable (besides Rocko for a bit there) and while Jimmy is still obviously on top, I can surprisingly report that Timmy and El Tigre are currently neck and neck

DrifloonEmpire

Smash Champion
Ok the poll isn't done yet and I wanted to hold off on discussing results from it but something cropped up that I find very interesting

For the longest time the Holy 4 have been untouchable (besides Rocko for a bit there) and while Jimmy is still obviously on top, I can surprisingly report that Timmy and El Tigre are currently neck and neck
GoodGrief and I predicted that El Tigre would become a powerhouse now that Jenny was in, and looks like that's turning out to be true!

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
Looks like Nelvana isn't going to be as much of a hurdle as we thought.

View attachment 352752

If it's not that, then what could be holding back potential Fairly Oddparents representation?
I think it could be a case of either Nelvana requiring bigger royalties for a bigger show, Nelvana's MLAATR contract expiring, or the deal for FOP being different from the deal for MLAATR.

Also, what Wikia is this? Some aren't as reliable as others, and there are people who love to lie about kids' shows being made or distributed by other companies and channels.

Last edited:

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
Looks like Nelvana isn't going to be as much of a hurdle as we thought.

View attachment 352752

If it's not that, then what could be holding back potential Fairly Oddparents representation?
Pretty much nothing at this point. I think if a character whose show Nelvana distributed outside the US is in, Timmy is basically a lock for a potential second pass.

Also hot take: If we get more passes, I expect the decade ratio to stay the same: 2 2000's characters, 1 90's character. The fans are 2000's focused, but Ludosity and Nick still love their 90's nostalgia, but admittedly we are running out of 90's Nicktoons. And I think the 2010's are screwed for various reasons which I will state later, so that won't solve anything.

Last edited:

JOJONumber691

Smash Lord
Bruh with how low this game’s budget is we’re never getting Fairly Odd Parents. I mean, Voice Acting in and of itself is a miracle, so you’d need S E V E R A L more to get ANYTHING from the Fairly Odd Parents into NASB. Suck it up it ain’t happening.

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
I feel the 90s does still have potential for newcomers, but it primarily comes from side characters (and infants) - y'all are sleeping on Gerald.

Bruh with how low this game’s budget is we’re never getting Fairly Odd Parents. I mean, Voice Acting in and of itself is a miracle, so you’d need S E V E R A L more to get ANYTHING from the Fairly Odd Parents into NASB. Suck it up it ain’t happening.
No need for that kind of attitude, whether you think FOP is possible or not.

Last edited:

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
Maybe Rocket Power (though that's just barely 90s)
Rocket Power would be pass 3 at best, and that's if it's the winner to this question:

Do we skip over KaBlam! because of its modern obscurity, or do we skip over Rocket Power because of its modern reputation as How Do You Do Fellow Kids: The Nicktoon?

Ze Diglett

Smash Champion
Writing Team
NNID
ZeDiglett
I would ask what makes you think that, but I get the feeling you're speaking from pure ignorance here rather than any actual knowledge.

Last edited:

LimeTH

Smash Lord
Also, what Wikia is this? Some aren't as reliable as others, and there are people who love to lie about kids' shows being made or distributed by other companies and channels.
I got this screencap off Twitter. I did some further poking around and it seems they DID distribute MLAATR in Cananda during it's run, but they seemingly don't have the distribution rights anymore.

Angry Beavers feel like a when rather than an if.
Boy I sure hope so.

Last edited:

LimeTH

Smash Lord
Well that'd be in a similar situation to FOP: Nelvana owns the rights to the first five seasons, but only those seasons and Paramount owns the FOP characters, world etc.
Does Butch Hartman have some sort of stake in the ownership of or control over the characters?
I can't claim to understand how this sort of thing works. I know they did just put out Fairly Odder (🤮) so it's not like he's blackballing them from using the FOP IP or that Nick is trying to distance themselves from him and from the IP, but perhaps having to go into negotiations with Hartman would be something of a hassle that is just not seen as worth it at the moment for what they probably see as just a dinky little cash in game.

Last edited:
Top Bottom