• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Nickelodeon All-Stars Brawl General Thread - All Star Brawl 2 Available Today!

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
View attachment 352477
I don’t want to jump to conclusions but it’s worth mentioning that the Kung Fu Panda platform fighter released with 20 characters and added 8 DLC characters (and yes I do mean $4 DLC characters)

If that game can get that many DLC characters then I’m cautiously optimistic for NASB
I was always expecting the game to get no more than 3 passes worth of characters (assuming they'd all add 3 more) at best.

Also if you think about it, I shouldn't be worried about Jimmy getting cameo'd at all. Not because the devs can just Alfonzo him, but Arnold, Ickis, Eliza, the babies-they don't have cameos on their shows' stages. If this keeps up, Jimmy should be absent from whatever stage they give Hugh.

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
As someone a little obsessed with vague graphic design trends throughout periods, I love how close Jenny's 3D design is to the sort of "metalic technology" look popular in her show's era - even as someone who didn't grow up on this show, how she's presented in this game still evokes happy memories of my first gaming consoles and gadgets.

Does kinda take away from her distinctive white-and-blue colour scheme, but a worthy sacrifice IMO.

Ze Diglett

Smash Champion
Writing Team
NNID
ZeDiglett
View attachment 352477
I don’t want to jump to conclusions but it’s worth mentioning that the Kung Fu Panda platform fighter released with 20 characters and added 8 DLC characters (and yes I do mean $4 DLC characters)

If that game can get that many DLC characters then I’m cautiously optimistic for NASB
Yo when are we getting Armored Mr. Ping in NASB

CapitaineCrash

Smash Champion
Now that we have Jimmy Neutron representation, I feel like, assuming that we do indeed get more DLC after that, Timmy is now a "when" and not a "if". I mean, Jimmy was never in a Nicktoons game without Timmy, and I'm sure the dev know how popular Timmy is.

Quick Gaming (QG)

Smash Lord
Now that we have Jimmy Neutron representation, I feel like, assuming that we do indeed get more DLC after that, Timmy is now a "when" and not a "if". I mean, Jimmy was never in a Nicktoons game without Timmy, and I'm sure the dev know how popular Timmy is.
hate to burst your bubble but Jimmy's been in a few without Timmy. If it was the other way around I'd agree

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue

I'm not sure if I believe hbox atm, but this is some character development. 😩

amageish

Smash Master

Lol at Dan (Rivals of Aether creator) in the replies...

But, yeah, the "Smash killer?!?!?!" headlines gave the game good press early, but led to a lot of weird unfair criticism/standards when it turned out that the game was getting... Well, the level of reception most mid-budget indie platform fighters get, really.

Quick Gaming (QG)

Smash Lord

I'm not sure if I believe hbox atm, but this is some character development. 😩
I believe HBOX because I've seen him make content post release that didn't really relate to "Smash killer" type memes
My guess is this thread was made as a response to Introspective's new video

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
With Rocko's moveset, I'm expecting to see a jackhammer and brain pop somewhere at least. I also think Spunky will likely be part of moveset, he's a lot more of an involved character than you'd think from a glance.

For Rocko's stage I have a few ideas, not really predictions
  1. The inside of Rocko's house
  2. the Buzzsaw rollercoaster from Carnival Knowledge
  3. Conglom-O HQ (maybe in its destroyed, money raining form from Static Cling)
  4. The Chokey/Chewy Chicken (I believe Kart Racers 2 used the uncensored name) - preferably based on its Eifell Tower takeover from "I See Paris, I See France"
  5. Heck
  6. A Bloaty and Squirmy stage on Spunky's fur
  7. The ship from Cruisin', or alternatively Fish N' Chumps
  8. An episode of Wacky Delly or the Fatheads
  9. The cabin from Cabin Fever
  10. A stage based on SWAK or Unbalanced Load inside the post office machines/washing machine respectively
  11. Nature-O-Rama from "Hut Sut Raw" (already used in Kart Racers 2)
  12. The lounge Filburt sings at in "The Lounge Singer", probably couldn't be a nudist pig club though
  13. The ski resort from Snowballs
  14. The sausage cult base from Schnit-Heads
  15. The game show from Fortune Cookie or Nosey's talk show from Speaking Terms

ivanlerma

Smash Champion
With Rocko's moveset, I'm expecting to see a jackhammer and brain pop somewhere at least. I also think Spunky will likely be part of moveset, he's a lot more of an involved character than you'd think from a glance.

For Rocko's stage I have a few ideas, not really predictions
  1. The inside of Rocko's house
  2. the Buzzsaw rollercoaster from Carnival Knowledge
  3. Conglom-O HQ (maybe in its destroyed, money raining form from Static Cling)
  4. The Chokey/Chewy Chicken (I believe Kart Racers 2 used the uncensored name) - preferably based on its Eifell Tower takeover from "I See Paris, I See France"
  5. Heck
  6. A Bloaty and Squirmy stage on Spunky's fur
  7. The ship from Cruisin', or alternatively Fish N' Chumps
  8. An episode of Wacky Delly or the Fatheads
  9. The cabin from Cabin Fever
  10. A stage based on SWAK or Unbalanced Load inside the post office machines/washing machine respectively
  11. Nature-O-Rama from "Hut Sut Raw" (already used in Kart Racers 2)
  12. The lounge Filburt sings at in "The Lounge Singer", probably couldn't be a nudist pig club though
  13. The ski resort from Snowballs
  14. The sausage cult base from Schnit-Heads
  15. The game show from Fortune Cookie or Nosey's talk show from Speaking Terms
I see Chokey Chicken, mostly in the background of Rocko's Stage however there could be other options they can go for such as the ones you've listed.

amageish

Smash Master

Apparently someone found that Korra Trailer that was never officially uploaded anywhere, I dunno if people here already found it and I'm just late to the party, but thought this was pretty neat still that it was found! Lost media is always an interesting subject
Well, glad to see this mystery has finally been solved! Though, uh, wow, Korra looks... really aggressive in this one lol. Was her face at one point frozen in anger?

Ze Diglett

Smash Champion
Writing Team
NNID
ZeDiglett

Apparently someone found that Korra Trailer that was never officially uploaded anywhere, I dunno if people here already found it and I'm just late to the party, but thought this was pretty neat still that it was found! Lost media is always an interesting subject
It's still weird to me how they got someone to animate/edit this whole thing, then didn't upload it anywhere... you'd think with how pressed for time and money these guys were, they wouldn't want to waste it by finishing something only to never release it.

dlewis53

Smash Lord
Hey, I want your guys' opinion on something:

So with Rocko coming out in the Fall, and with me only being barely familiar enough with the show to at least recognize the characters, I wanted to do research by watching the show myself, and I noticed that the Compete DVD Boxset is on Amazon for 18.99, so I was wondering:

Would you guys say the show still holds up enough today to warrant spending money on the DVD? Or should I just try a different method to watch it?

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend

So with Rocko coming out in the Fall, and with me only being barely familiar enough with the show to at least recognize the characters, I wanted to do research by watching the show myself, and I noticed that the Compete DVD Boxset is on Amazon for 18.99, so I was wondering:

Would you guys say the show still holds up enough today to warrant spending money on the DVD? Or should I just try a different method to watch it?
Depends on your tastes, I'd best describe it as a mixture of the social commentary and mild edge of The Simpsons with the slapstick and surrealism of SpongeBob. If you like both of those shows, Rocko will most likely be right up your alley - that being said, you're gonna have to have a bit of tolerance for gross-out humour and a high tolerance for dumb sidekicks.

Last edited:

dlewis53

Smash Lord
Depends on your tastes, I'd best describe it as a mixture of the social commentary and mild edge of The Simpsons with the slapstick and surrealism of SpongeBob. If you like both of those shows, Rocko will most likely be right up your alley - that being said, you're gonna have to have a bit of tolerance for gross-out humour and a high tolerance for dumb sidekicks.
Sounds like fun!

...Though, how "gross" would you say the gross-out humor is?

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
Sounds like fun!

...Though, how "gross" would you say the gross-out humor is?
A few early episodes have mild moments of blood and gore (not any worse than the few blood moments on SpongeBob) but they quickly stop appearing, characters' eyes falling out and hanging by the nerve is a recurring gag, and a recurring character (Really Really Big Man, a muscular superhero ant) has stretchy nipples he shoves into people's face to show them the future. It's nowhere near Ren & Stimpy levels though, and as a whole few and far-between

Last edited:

dlewis53

Smash Lord
A few early episodes have mild moments of blood and gore (not any worse than the few blood moments on SpongeBob) but they quickly stop appearing, characters' eyes falling out and hanging by the nerve is a recurring gag, and a recurring character (Really Really Big Man, a muscular superhero ant) has stretchy nipples he shoves into people's face to show them the future. It's nowhere near Ren & Stimpy levels though, and as a whole few and far-between
As long as there isn't excess amounts of vomit or drool, it sounds like something I can handle.

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
Do they frequently have shots of him with his mouth open and slobber dripping down it?
He's pretty much always got his tongue out and licks things a lot, but what drool there is is usually just small little teardrops drawn around his tongue for a split second whe he's licking or eating. In one episode there's a particularly gross joke about him creating enough saliva to refill and drink out his dogbowl, but other than that I can't think of any egregious moments of doggy slobber or close-ups

Last edited:

DrifloonEmpire

Smash Champion
It still bothers me that a sentient eagle would be willing to eat a sentient wallaby and that said wallaby's friend would be willing to feed him to the eagle in order to snatch a ****ing wig.

What a show xP It's an experience!

Last edited:

dlewis53

Smash Lord
He's pretty much always got his tongue out and licks things a lot, but what drool there is is usually just small little teardrops drawn around his tongue for a split second whe he's licking or eating. In one episode there's a particularly gross joke about him creating enough saliva to refill and drink out his dogbowl, but other than that I can't think of any egregious moments of doggy slobber or close-ups
Honestly, that doesn't sound that bad to me. I've certainly seen worse.

CapitaineCrash

Smash Champion

Did you watch Camp Lazlo? It's the same creator (Joe Murray) and I would say that both show have a very similar style of humor (also both Lazlo and Rocko have the same voice actor).

Ze Diglett

Smash Champion
Writing Team
NNID
ZeDiglett
Did you watch Camp Lazlo? It's the same creator (Joe Murray) and I would say that both show have a very similar style of humor (also both Lazlo and Rocko have the same voice actor).
Doesn't Heffer basically show up in the finale of Camp Lazlo too? (Except it's not literally Heffer because it was on a different network, so it's just Legally Distinct Not-Heffer?)

Top Bottom