• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Nickelodeon All-Stars Brawl General Thread - All Star Brawl 2 Available Today!

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Unless they announce Shredder in short order apart from Garfield, a Game Awards reveal seems doubtful at this stage.

Although it would be hilarious if a NASB character related to TMNT was announced at a noteworthy event for the second time in a row.

Two days from now, actually. Which will be two days before TGA, so I guess there could be a reminder about Garfield at TGA but not his actual trailer.
Yeah, that seems much likelier. Seeing Garf there would be almost as much of a fever dream for people as the requisite Muppet guest we've got these past few years.

Last edited:

TheBrainJem

Smash Hero
NNID
TheBrainJem
Even if there is a reveal at the game awards I won't be watching it, and I encourage everyone else not to either, due to the scummy and horrible practices that the game awards is allowing. If you don't know what I'm talking about, I won't elaborate much here since it's offtopic but just know it's regarding Activision Blizzard, and I just hope other people listen and don't just ignore what is happening for the sake of reveals and games.

Anyway, regard NASB, I'm expecting Garfield and Shredder to be seperate released as DLC rather than released at the same time, though that's mostly on the fact we haven't seen of Shredder has a stage or not of if the Double Dare stage is actually his, cus if it isn't then I think he will take longer than garf

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Game Awards has been a joke for years now, it's little more than a centerpiece for pointless music performances and nonsense like that Fast & The Furious game announcement (which I'm sure people still haven't got over). Now that Ultimate's support ended, there's little reason to see it anyways.

Although it's the biggest publicity NASB is going to get (even if it doesn't win anything which is likely), so it's basically a monkey paw wish here.

That aside, I feel like further NASB news would only come after a significant amount of time, seeing all the development catch-up Ludosity has to do.

Last edited:

Ze Diglett

Smash Champion
Writing Team
NNID
ZeDiglett
I won't be watching TGA regardless simply because it's an utter trainwreck every year without fail. (That, and award shows in general are a sham anyway.) If there are any reveals I care about there (unlikely), I'll just watch them after the fact. It's not worth sitting through the hours of garbage just to maybe see some good stuff.

Last edited:

ivanlerma

Smash Champion
I won't be watching TGA regardless simply because it's an utter trainwreck every year without fail. (That, and award shows in general are a sham anyway.) If there are any reveals I care about there (unlikely), I'll just watch them after the fact. It's not worth sitting through the hours of garbage just to maybe see some good stuff.
I cared about watching the game awards cause i mainly watch them for the game announcements, though 2019 did feel like it dragged on which i could kinda admit a little & i avoided 2020's event knowing how much they were gonna go hard on the last of us part 2.

Edit 12/5/21 8:28 PM: For 2020's Game Awards, i stayed for a little while and manage to watch Sephiroth's Reveal There.

Last edited:

amageish

Smash Master
I wonder if he'll get paid overtime for this gig.
1638776986730.png

Well, someone already took two tries, so I guess summoning for actual new content would be pretty normal/doable.

Anyway, yeah, the games industry sucks and TGAs definitely reflect... all aspects of it, so to speak.

Also, this is probably unnecessary to say, but in case anyone was wondering: The live-action Loud House movie is, in fact, not good! It is very bad! It's the kind of bad that just makes me feel bad for some of the production designers, as it is clear so much care was put into the costume and set designs but... this plot premise and general "Making Loud House live-action with an age-appropriate cast" were both bad and were not redeemable by good costumes.

Capybara Gaming

Just Vibing
View attachment 339668

Well, someone already took two tries, so I guess summoning for actual new content would be pretty normal/doable.

Anyway, yeah, the games industry sucks and TGAs definitely reflect... all aspects of it, so to speak.

Also, this is probably unnecessary to say, but in case anyone was wondering: The live-action Loud House movie is, in fact, not good! It is very bad! It's the kind of bad that just makes me feel bad for some of the production designers, as it is clear so much care was put into the costume and set designs but... this plot premise and general "Making Loud House live-action with an age-appropriate cast" were both bad and were not redeemable by good costumes.
...I gotta admit, I have no idea who he could be talking about. Oblina, Aang, or Toph would be my best guess if it's not someone unrevealed.

Mamboo07

Smash Hero
View attachment 339668

Very bad?

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
If anyone wants any significant change in the game industry, nothing short of a tactical nuke would do it but if one doesn't want to watch an event, one could just see a streamer's stream of it. At the end of the day, you just pick what interests you and ignore anything else.

That said, in my experience, trying to pry any info out of a staffer for a game's Discord is pretty difficult, so I don't think we can narrow anything down from mispronounciation, of all things.

Also, live-action adaptations of Nick anything are obviously not going to end well. FOP already showed this.

RileyXY1

Smash Hero
Very bad?
Lincoln as a character was completely degraded. The movie turned him into an ungrateful, selfish prick who basically wants to punish his family for not celebrating Christmas his way. He sabotages Luan's performance, gets Leni fired (which is ironic given that there was a Season 3 episode called "Crimes of Fashion" where Lincoln and Clyde try to save Leni's job), breaks up Luna and Sam, and causes a big media frenzy with a hoax called a "Sharkodile". He does not get off scot-free for this, as he does get 300 hours of mandatory community service by the end of the movie.

Mamboo07

Smash Hero
Lincoln as a character was completely degraded. The movie turned him into an ungrateful, selfish prick who basically wants to punish his family for not celebrating Christmas his way. He sabotages Luan's performance, gets Leni fired (which is ironic given that there was a Season 3 episode called "Crimes of Fashion" where Lincoln and Clyde try to save Leni's job), breaks up Luna and Sam, and causes a big media frenzy with a hoax called a "Sharkodile". He does not get off scot-free for this, as he does get 300 hours of mandatory community service by the end of the movie.
The live action one, I think.

Edit: my boy was degraded...

Last edited:

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
Of the datamined names, i remember the announcer said Sokka's name wrong
The announcer has "soh-ka" and "sah-ka" voice clips. Funny enough this applies to both announcer clips for Sokka as a potential fighter, and his boomerang as an item.

amageish

Smash Master
Very bad?
RileyXY1 already touched on the writing and how it basically is a work of character assassination, but it also just is really trying to have a cartoonish tone... which makes the entire live-action pretense super distracting, as you're left thinking "Well, that could maybe stand a chance of being funny if it was done animated" for most of the physical comedy...

Yeah, uh, maybe just don't do cartoon-to-live-action movie adaptations...

Capybara Gaming

Just Vibing
RileyXY1 already touched on the writing and how it basically is a work of character assassination, but it also just is really trying to have a cartoonish tone... which makes the entire live-action pretense super distracting, as you're left thinking "Well, that could maybe stand a chance of being funny if it was done animated" for most of the physical comedy...

Yeah, uh, maybe just don't do cartoon-to-live-action movie adaptations...
The Ben 10 ones were decent. Not Nick, but still it CAN be done.

CapitaineCrash

Smash Champion
View attachment 339668

It's already hard enough to find one good child actors, there was no way they could have a good cast of 12 child lol.

The Netflix animated movie that released this summer was pretty good tho. Not amazing but it gets the job done.

amageish

Smash Master
The Ben 10 ones were decent. Not Nick, but still it CAN be done.
I haven't seen that one, but glad it works out some of the time, at least...

It's already hard enough to find one good child actors, there was no way they could have a good cast of 12 child lol.

The Netflix animated movie that released this summer was pretty good tho. Not amazing but it gets the job done.
The child actors were definitely... not amazing, especially when the younger children had to react to an effect that was going to be added in post or a scene that was going to be played back at a higher speed for the sake of comedy. They did largely do very good voices though - the only characters who didn't really sound like their animated counterparts were Lucy Loud (which isn't hugely shocking given how deep her voice is in the animated series) and Luna Loud (who didn't have the same gruffness to her voice).

I'm also just not convinced that the Loud Family depicted with their actual age range is... a good idea? Like, it just raises a lot of questions when everyone is the correct age and you're not living in a cartoon world with cartoon logic.

The good news is that they used the mother for a joke about a male character (named Rip Hardcore; don't ask) being hot! So, y'know, we don't get the weird "Why are these literal children attracted to adult men" vibes that we got from some early TLH episodes...

Top Bottom