• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Nickelodeon All-Stars Brawl General Thread - All Star Brawl 2 Available Today!

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
I recently saw a video on someone commenting on nick all-star brawl online not having anyone available online claiming that it's dead.

And It Hurts....I don't wish to accept it.....and to be honest, he's only saying this for the switch version, he doesn't know what's going on with the rest.
I still get quite a few matches on Switch, just have to be patient.

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
I swear, every once in a while, there's a highly-skilled April player three-stocking me with no room for me to attack at all. It's as if it's their daily routine to do so. ☠
Is this before or after this patch? Because the alt costume patched fixed an issue with April's attacks having too many hitboxes.

DeviousFish

Smash Apprentice
I have a slight prediction that the next patch will be a huge patch. I believe it will contain items,double dare stage and Garfield. Since I believe they are very close to completion. With those out of the way we only have one more character to wait for. I'm am also very curious on what new updates will be found in the files next patch. Perhaps more stuff on the next free dlc character or maybe something entirely different. Only time can tell.

CapitaineCrash

Smash Champion
I recently saw a video on someone commenting on nick all-star brawl online not having anyone available online claiming that it's dead.

And It Hurts....I don't wish to accept it.....and to be honest, he's only saying this for the switch version, he doesn't know what's going on with the rest.
I'm playing on ps4 and it's very long to find someone. Hopefully cross-play is planned and coming soon because honestly, I don't even think that the dlc is really going to save the game at this point.

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue

Ze Diglett

Smash Champion
Writing Team
NNID
ZeDiglett
Last edited:

dlewis53

Smash Lord
Alrighty, new character on Tuesday! Neat!

I wonder how long it'll be before they're available, though.

And based on the wording, it's only one and not both the freebies.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
I'm playing on ps4 and it's very long to find someone. Hopefully cross-play is planned and coming soon because honestly, I don't even think that the dlc is really going to save the game at this point.
With a week as big as the Game Awards, Garfield seems like the only logical option in regards to increasing attention for the game. Right now, people overall don't even realize that he's owned by Nick nowadays, so this would be a pretty big deal.

This is it, no matter which one it is, the Internet will--

It will almost certainly be Garfield or Shredder but like, What if it isn't? That would be funny.

Although I'm super hyped for Garfield.
And I'm hyped for Shredder.

Rep literally said the funny on Twitter.
They know.

Unsurprising; April's just a really solid character. I doubt there's much they could do to make her bad, realistically speaking.
Yeah, got nothing to complain about there, especially with the attention the devs gave her in press before the game launched. They did her justice overall.

I have a slight prediction that the next patch will be a huge patch. I believe it will contain items,double dare stage and Garfield. Since I believe they are very close to completion. With those out of the way we only have one more character to wait for. I'm am also very curious on what new updates will be found in the files next patch. Perhaps more stuff on the next free dlc character or maybe something entirely different. Only time can tell.
We'll probably hear about paid DLC stuff somewhere around April, if the initial improvements Crews foreshadowed are completed by then.

Also, don't forget about Garf's own stage.

Last edited:

amageish

Smash Master
One thing that I haven't seen too many people talk about is that one of the items has changed branding since the previous datamine.

1638654695713.png

This was originally a TMNT blimp; I imagine it's been changed to avoid people confusing it with April's up-special (even though several other items are also used in movesets and don't seem to be being replaced).

Also the screaming ball is missing, which is unsurprising given the fact it was apparently going to a Breadwinners reference. Can't say I am shocked that would be veto'd by Nick lol.

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
Also the screaming ball is missing, which is unsurprising given the fact it was apparently going to a Breadwinners reference. Can't say I am shocked that would be veto'd by Nick lol.
Generally Nicktoons crossovers will feature little-to-no content from Nick shows that don't have playable characters anyway. Game shows I suppose are an exception because of their lack of viable character choices.

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
Generally Nicktoons crossovers will feature little-to-no content from Nick shows that don't have playable characters anyway. Game shows I suppose are an exception because of their lack of viable character choices.
The Suck-O-Matic is fine without playable Rocko, so the issue was more likely that the item was intended to make fun of Breadwinners.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
One thing that I haven't seen too many people talk about is that one of the items has changed branding since the previous datamine.

View attachment 339560

This was originally a TMNT blimp; I imagine it's been changed to avoid people confusing it with April's up-special (even though several other items are also used in movesets and don't seem to be being replaced).

It's certainly interesting. We'll see what happens in the coming months.

(As for the Breadwinners reference, I wouldn't be shocked if they decided to withhold on any references until that series gets a character, maybe.)

As it happens, The Loud House did get crossover episodes with game shows anyway.

Last edited:

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
(As for the Breadwinners reference, I wouldn't be shocked if they decided to withhold on any references until that series gets a character, maybe.)
I think you're missing the point, the item supposedly was Buhdeuce, and his only application was to be beat up. The Breadwinners item would've explicitly disconfirmed - and spat in the face of - any playable Breadwinners content.

amageish

Smash Master
The announcer clips for the items specifically mention Turtles for the Turtle Blimp. I suppose the announcer's been brought in to record new voice clips for its de-TMNT'd counterpart?
Probably. They'd need to get the announcer to return for DLC characters anyway, plus a few more items have popped up that appear to be all-new.

Here's the mix of placeholders and new renders found in the files overall.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
I think you're missing the point, the item supposedly was Buhdeuce, and his only application was to be beat up. The Breadwinners item would've explicitly disconfirmed - and spat in the face of - any playable Breadwinners content.
I doubt we'll still be getting any significant Breadwinners content if the only immediate planned content was to abuse a character.
Eh, even if there's no strong demand for that series in the fanbase or staff, there's still plenty of other series to compensate for that.

Probably. They'd need to get the announcer to return for DLC characters anyway, plus a few more items have popped up that appear to be all-new.

I wonder if he'll get paid overtime for this gig.

Last edited:

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
I wonder if he'll get paid overtime for this gig.
He'd need to be brought back into Ludosity's recording booths for DLC anyway. Rep confirmed that the dummied out announcer clips are not the only characters they're allowed to make as DLC.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
He'd need to be brought back into Ludosity's recording booths for DLC anyway. Rep confirmed that the dummied out announcer clips are not the only characters they're allowed to make as DLC.
That's pretty encouraging to hear. That'll help to keep speculation healthy. :dr^_^:

Also, I still hope that the pie bomb will stay for fun meme purposes.

dlewis53

Smash Lord

I do kind of love that one of the items was the exploding pie from "Dying for Pie"; that got a good chuckle out of me!

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend

I kind of wish the announcement of the next brawler wasn't until Monday.

By the way, somebody uploaded on youtube the leaked music. Might get delete soon so listen fast:
Double dare music
Garfield's dream
Oh, I hadn't realized that these were leaked. Not bad at all, actually, the composer's getting better at this.

You Know, Despite the facts that Nickelodeon did with alternate colors there is an "official" alternate palette swap they can use for Spongebob.
View attachment 339420
"I Am SpongeRobert RectangleShorts, Bwahahahahahaha!"
Cool, Ludosity just needs to persuade them to allow Welcome to The Wayne first (good luck).

While CaptainCrash brought up the fact that there are no alternate alts planned at the moment, i feel it would've been good to fill a few of the gaps to have more alternate costumes for characters, making this games own equivalents to alternate palettes since nick isn't going to allow color palettes.
Hearing about this convinces me that Nick execs have never heard of fighting games before approving this. Even Street Fighter II had alternate palettes.

To think that this really would be Nickeodeon Kart Racers all over again if no one paid all that much attention to the game. No one should have to wait until the sequel for characters to get alts in the first place.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Hearing about this convinces me that Nick execs have never heard of fighting games before approving this. Even Street Fighter II had alternate palettes.
I mean, that doesn't change being overprotective of their brands. Look at Sonic and Pokemon in Smash, their palettes barely change. Hell, look at those franchise' fighting games too.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
I mean, that doesn't change being overprotective of their brands. Look at Sonic and Pokemon in Smash, their palettes barely change. Hell, look at those franchise' fighting games too.
Sure, but at least Sonic and Pac-Man get more than one alternate palette (minimal as they are). NASB has the bare minimum compared to even that kind of restriction.

Last edited:

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Sure, but at least Sonic and Pac-Man get more than one alternate palette (minimal as they are). NASB has the bare minimum compared to even that kind of restriction.
That's probably cause everyone has 8 in Smash so guests need 8 too, this would have been handled during negotiations whereas NASB had to deal with this from the getgo alongside being rushed

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719

ivanlerma

Smash Champion
Knowing that Nick All-Star Brawl could be at the Game Awards to announce a new character, i kinda fear their spotlight might get taken by Multiversus and People on the internet will start saying "NASB is Dead!" Again.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Knowing that Nick All-Star Brawl could be at the Game Awards to announce a new character, i kinda fear their spotlight might get taken by Multiversus and People on the internet will start saying "NASB is Dead!" Again.
I don't think they care about TGA as they teased a new character a few days before it.

Top Bottom