• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Nickelodeon All-Stars Brawl General Thread - All Star Brawl 2 Available Today!

CapitaineCrash

Smash Champion
To be honest I'm a bit disappointed with those skins. I know that's Nick fault but a lot of them just seems to add a small hat or accesories on the characters. It seems that it will still be pretty hard to follow you character in a 4 player fight. I guess we'll see tomorrow when the update drop.

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
A Double Dare stage?
That seems unique, now I should watch an episode to see what it’s about.
The Double Dare stage's been in the game since launch. With the way stages are handled (character/stage ratio is 1:1 for every series), we can only wonder how they're going to do for the DD stage.

cashregister9

Smash Hero
I like most of the costumes the only one I'm truly disappointed with is Korra's

The season 2 outfit is fine but they should have given her short hair.

Capybara Gaming

Just Vibing
Premium
some people have found some thing relating to the first dlc character. Someone had found their stage music. Pretty catchy if I must say so myself
Well, don't keep it to yourself, post it

...Ninja'd.

The Double Dare stage's been in the game since launch. With the way stages are handled (character/stage ratio is 1:1 for every series), we can only wonder how they're going to do for the DD stage.
I mean, it's obvious that every character's getting their own stage, but they never said "No Bonus Stages"

Last edited:

amageish

Smash Master
Well, the alts being out are nice! On the platforms they are out on, at least... I know Nintendo's approval process sucks, but most development timelines are built to account for it, so it's kind of awkward seeing Game Mill just... let all the Switch content come later.

I like most of the costumes the only one I'm truly disappointed with is Korra's

The season 2 outfit is fine but they should have given her short hair.
I'm glad she got a full outfit change as opposed to just a hat, but yeah... Her season-4/post-canon outfit with short hair would have been nicer and better at telling apart at a balance.

By the way, somebody uploaded on youtube the leaked music. Might get delete soon so listen fast:
Double dare music
Garfield's dream
Both very good! Idk how the Garfield one will sound when looped, but the actual track is fantastic as a song.

Last edited:

dlewis53

Smash Lord
Hot damn, those two songs sound great!

You know, it honestly does amaze me how damn good the soundtrack for this game is; with the exception of Glove World (which for some reason feels incredibly uninspired), I can easily say the stage themes all sound great, and these two are no exceptions!

Also, if the Double Dare stage does end up happening, I don't see there being a character going with it; they've already stated there won't be any live-action fighters, and that'd be the only way a fighter for that stage would make sense.

CapitaineCrash

Smash Champion
I just saw every alts and... damn that Korra alt is just embarassing. I know they couldn't do a lot but come on, you can barely see the differences in game.
unknown (6).png

Also, Rep has stated on Twitter that 1 alt by character isn't ideal, but it seems that for now they can't really do more., but it might be adresses in the future.

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
I just saw every alts and... damn that Korra alt is just embarassing. I know they couldn't do a lot but come on, you can barely see the differences in game.
View attachment 339400

Also, Rep has stated on Twitter that 1 alt by character isn't ideal, but it seems that for now they can't really do more., but it might be adresses in the future.
Everyone else has Pikachu alts
Korra has a Sonic alt

Also the lack of P3/P4 alts makes me think Nick saying no to traditional FG-style palettes happened very late in development.

ivanlerma

Smash Champion
While CaptainCrash brought up the fact that there are no alternate alts planned at the moment, i feel it would've been good to fill a few of the gaps to have more alternate costumes for characters, making this games own equivalents to alternate palettes since nick isn't going to allow color palettes.

Ze Diglett

Smash Champion
Writing Team
NNID
ZeDiglett
THE REPCAR IS UPON US
Also, those Garfield/Double Dare stage themes are moderate to severe slappers, if I do say so myself. At this point, I'm betting that Shredder will come with the Double Dare stage because there isn't any real evidence of him having a stage of his own so far. It'd break the pattern of each character's "home stage" being from their own series, but honestly, I don't see what else could happen at this point unless there's just a secret TMNT stage in the works that hasn't shown up in the game files yet.

Last edited:

amageish

Smash Master
View attachment 339400

It's sad, as it's not like Korra doesn't have other outfits to choose from...

1638479473365.png
1638479497617.png
1638479535336.png
1638479570000.png

1638479601218.png
1638479628591.png

But all of these would have required changing her hair/headgear AND her clothes, when it seems like they only had the budget/time for one or the other. And I guess Nick's requirement everything be canon means they couldn't have, say, given her clothing a recolour to match her Earth Kingdom outfit without actually making a unique render with that outfit...

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble

View attachment 339402View attachment 339403View attachment 339404View attachment 339405
View attachment 339406View attachment 339407

But all of these would have required changing her hair/headgear AND her clothes, when it seems like they only had the budget/time for one or the other. And I guess Nick's requirement everything be canon means they couldn't have, say, given her clothing a recolour to match her Earth Kingdom outfit without actually making a unique render with that outfit...
Damn, Korra being overly detailed in the show was an issue for the animation budget iirc and she brought that **** with her

amageish

Smash Master
Damn, Korra being overly detailed in the show was an issue for the animation budget iirc and she brought that **** with her
Yeah, I believe Nick's not-great budgeting of Korra led to "Remembrances" in Season 4... as, y'know, why else would a narrative series have a clip-show episode.

NASB as a whole is suffering from a lot of the same problems as TLoK now that I think about it: It's product being made by passionate creatives, whose every idea may not be super popular, but are certainly invested in and excited by the project they are working on... but the project's scope is constantly being shifted by Nick, who set unmovable deadlines, shortchange them on the budget, and demand they change things mid-way through the project's development... and also a lot of people online insist it is actually a cynically-made cashgrab treading in the footprints of greatness. in spite of the obvious passion of its creators.

It's sub-optimal to say the least.

DeviousFish

Smash Apprentice

View attachment 339402View attachment 339403View attachment 339404View attachment 339405
View attachment 339406View attachment 339407

wish they would've changed her hair in the alt costume

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Yeah, I believe Nick's not-great budgeting of Korra led to "Remembrances" in Season 4... as, y'know, why else would a narrative series have a clip-show episode.

NASB as a whole is suffering from a lot of the same problems as TLoK now that I think about it: It's product being made by passionate creatives, whose every idea may not be super popular, but are certainly invested in and excited by the project they are working on... but the project's scope is constantly being shifted by Nick, who set unmovable deadlines, shortchange them on the budget, and demand they change things mid-way through the project's development... and also a lot of people online insist it is actually a cynically-made cashgrab treading in the footprints of greatness. in spite of the obvious passion of its creators.

It's sub-optimal to say the least.
OK but that recap episode had Mako eat **** for the bull**** he pulled in season 2. Thank god season 3 is the peak of the franchise with 4 being incredibly fun

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
For you youngsters who first heard of Kablam/Action League Now via me posting here, you might think someone who's super naked wouldn't be able to have alts, given Nick's restrictions.
You'd be wrong...although a P4 costume might be an issue, unless Nick allows Ludosity to reference how the crew behind ALN used Conan the Adventurer figures to make The Flesh.

RileyXY1

Smash Hero
THE REPCAR IS UPON US
Also, those Garfield/Double Dare stage themes are moderate to severe slappers, if I do say so myself. At least point, I'm betting that Shredder will come with the Double Dare stage because there isn't any real evidence of him having a stage of his own so far. It'd break the pattern of each character's "home stage" being from their own series, but honestly, I don't see what else could happen at some point unless there's just a secret TMNT stage in the works that hasn't shown up in the game files yet.
Double Dare is its own thing because it has its own codename which is "life", rather than using Shredder's codename, which is "cheese".

Last edited:

Ze Diglett

Smash Champion
Writing Team
NNID
ZeDiglett
Have you noticed that Christmas Helga's render seems a bit higher-quality than default Helga?
View attachment 339434
Patrick and Sandy also seem to have some shading changes on their alt costume renders.
It looks like most, if not all of the character renders got subtle updates for the alt costume versions. I wonder if the base renders will ever be updated to reflect the new changes?

ivanlerma

Smash Champion
I recently saw a video on someone commenting on nick all-star brawl online not having anyone available online claiming that it's dead.

And It Hurts....I don't wish to accept it.....and to be honest, he's only saying this for the switch version, he doesn't know what's going on with the rest.

Top Bottom