• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Nickelodeon All-Stars Brawl General Thread - All Star Brawl 2 Available Today!

Peepo T. Skeleton

Smash Ace
Exactly 9.7 inches away from your current location
I love how they literally didn't even try with Goddard.
I totally forgot that they really did just slap some cell shading on Goddard and called it a day.
I think FBCC's problem isn't recentness given the show is about 12 years old now, but rather Nick execs being ashamed of the show. Hopefully by the time DLC comes around they'll see the cult following and "awesome" memes. IIRC Nick allowed FBCC's creator to make a limited run Kyle poster around the time the show was trending, but I'm not certain on that and it's possible my mind just made that up.
Alright real talk, I don't even like FBCC but I'd actually kind of be okay if Kyle was playable.

Quick Gaming (QG)

Smash Lord
Is it safe to rule out Nick shows that didn’t get 3 or more seasons?

I feel like Zim is the obvious exception due to its immense cult status and a clear interest in keeping it relevant, but otherwise all the shows that seem to have been deconfirmed from getting a rep (Fanboy and Chum Chum plus the 4 emojis series) are from shows with 2 or less seasons

Combine this with promo material and the website saying this game will include the biggest Nick franchises and the reason for Oblina’s inclusion being that she was the coolest character from “a big Nick show”, we’d probably be safe in ruling out pretty much any show that hasn’t had 3 seasons or more right? At least for base game, since I think characters like El Tigre and Fanboy and Chum Chum could end up being big requests for DLC

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
If babies are allowed, I want THE MEGA DIAPER BABIES... and Stinky

This boxart shadow is truly the greatest mystery of our time
I swear, I see Pacman in the clouds.
I've personally been saying Danny Phantom. I don't know of another confirmed character whose legs wouldn't be on the ground (since I assume they'd be noticeable based on where the figure is)
I mean, above that 'Garfield' shadow, there is clearly a flying foot. Isn't it already assumed to be Korra's?
Any action shot can have feet off the ground.
Can we just get Jimmy and Timmy not just because they come from awesome shows, but so that we can recreate this awesome matchup again?

View attachment 323271

Seriously, this was the hypest thing on TV as an early 2000's kid and no crossover will ever be better then this one.
Um... Smash Bros is better. Read your audience.

Last edited:

rychu_supadude

Smash Journeyman
Even if there's no voices in the end, Angry Beavers would make me completely pop off!

Also, can we acknowledge that there's a huge difference between Lincoln and Helga fighting and literal diaper-wearing babies? I think the developers have put a fair amount of thought into what characters they actually consider plausible, moreso than anything to do with ratings boards.

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
Even if there's no voices in the end, Angry Beavers would make me completely pop off!

Also, can we acknowledge that there's a huge difference between Lincoln and Helga fighting and literal diaper-wearing babies? I think the developers have put a fair amount of thought into what characters they actually consider plausible, moreso than anything to do with ratings boards.
I see the difference.
The diaper babies are cooler.

Quick Gaming (QG)

Smash Lord
If babies are allowed, I want THE MEGA DIAPER BABIES... and Stinky

I swear, I see Pacman in the clouds.

I mean, above that 'Garfield' shadow, there is clearly a flying foot. Isn't it already assumed to be Korra's?
Any action shot can have feet off the ground.

Um... Smash Bros is better. Read your audience.
Pretty sure he meant best TV crossover but sure be picky

TeenGirlSquad

Smash Master
Is it safe to rule out Nick shows that didn’t get 3 or more seasons?

I feel like Zim is the obvious exception due to its immense cult status and a clear interest in keeping it relevant, but otherwise all the shows that seem to have been deconfirmed from getting a rep (Fanboy and Chum Chum plus the 4 emojis series) are from shows with 2 or less seasons

Combine this with promo material and the website saying this game will include the biggest Nick franchises and the reason for Oblina’s inclusion being that she was the coolest character from “a big Nick show”, we’d probably be safe in ruling out pretty much any show that hasn’t had 3 seasons or more right? At least for base game, since I think characters like El Tigre and Fanboy and Chum Chum could end up being big requests for DLC
I don't feel like there are actually that many popular shows that got less than 3 seasons, besides the ones you mentioned. The only other ones I can think of are Catscratch, Mr. Meaty, and Back at the Barnyard.

CapitaineCrash

Smash Champion
I just think of a show that might have a shot in the roster and I haven't seen dicussed here is Winx club. The show was pretty popular, spawing 8 seasons, movies, video games, lots of merchandise and there's an ongoing live action series. The show reception was always very good. The main character, Bloom, have fire magic power, which could translate easily to a fighting game. Winx club could also be an opportunity to add a character from a show more aimed to girl if they want the game to gather different fanbase.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
I just think of a show that might have a shot in the roster and I haven't seen dicussed here is Winx club. The show was pretty popular, spawing 8 seasons, movies, video games, lots of merchandise and there's an ongoing live action series. The show reception was always very good. The main character, Bloom, have fire magic power, which could translate easily to a fighting game. Winx club could also be an opportunity to add a character from a show more aimed to girl if they want the game to gather different fanbase.
I never saw it personally but it was pretty much everywhere so you know what? Maybe. Would be funny to see pushback against more humanoid characters as we've gotten a few with others being highly requested

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
So after going over the trailer I think I narrowed down some tourney legal stages. I initially thought Air Temple was one since it seemed to have a Kalos-like layout, but it turns out it has a higher platform making it capable of circle camping

View attachment 323319
Doesn't the Turtles' rooftop have a wall?

Last edited:

Quick Gaming (QG)

Smash Lord
I thought Winx Club was acquired programming? Not that I’d be opposed

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
I'd mentioned it once at the start, and it didn't seem to stick.
Yet even in the 90 minutes I have been awake today, I was already singing the song in my head.
(I've also got 'The Toys that Made Us' on in the background).

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
I have a gut feeling there's gonna be two more reveal trailers and those will be:

An independent Avatar trailer with Aang, Korra, and possibly Zuko.

A reverse of the reveal, with mostly 2000s Nicktoons (Jimmy, Timmy, Jenny, so on), two or three 90s Nicktoons (CatDog and R&S at least, likely Rocko too), and possibly Garfield and/or the remaining Turtles. Perhaps a third Loud Sibling or fourth Bikini Bottomite.

There are no facts to back this up so don't take this too seriously - just a gut feeling. Makes sense from a marketing standpoint at least.

Last edited:

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
I have a gut feeling there's gonna be two more reveal trailers and those will be:

A reverse of the reveal, with mostly 2000s Nicktoons (Jimmy, Timmy, Jenny, so on), two or three 90s Nicktoons (CatDog and R&S at least, likely Rocko too), and possibly Garfield and/or the remaining Turtles. Perhaps a third Loud Sibling or fourth Bikini Bottomite.

There are no facts to back this up so don't take this too seriously - just a gut feeling. Makes sense from a marketing standpoint at least.
I could see there being two more trailers if they make them one per month, personally. And I do think that if any property were to get a standalone trailer, it would be Avatar.

Quick Gaming (QG)

Smash Lord

Love this idea

dlewis53

Smash Lord
Hi!

First, I'm pleasantly surprised this game has a discussion thread here! Nice!

Second, this game's actually been growing on me the more I watch that trailer, and now I'm hoping that we get at least a few more character reveals before the game releases.

Third, I don't know if this has been discussed already or not (if it has, I apologize), but apparently, not that long after the launch of the game's official website, someone datamined it and found several codenames supposedly indicative of characters that had not yet been revealed and are similar to codenames seen when you hover over a character's profile on the website (for example, Zim is "Alien", and Oblina is "Snake").

Here's the tweet where I learned this (as well as the list of codenames):

What's more, there's this tweet in response to the above one that lists potential characters that could be tied to these codenames:

According to this, the only codenames they weren't able to figure out/speculate were "Pasta", "Entranced", and "Meat".

So, if it turns out that this is legit, who do you guys think these last three codenames could indicate?

Personally, I think "Pasta" could be referring to CatDog considering they've already been potentially spotted on that shadowed-out box art (and their body-shape in general resembles that of a noodle).

Not entirely sure about the other two, though.

Peepo T. Skeleton

Smash Ace
Hi!

Second, this game's actually been growing on me the more I watch that trailer, and now I'm hoping that we get at least a few more character reveals before the game releases.

Third, I don't know if this has been discussed already or not (if it has, I apologize), but apparently, not that long after the launch of the game's official website, someone datamined it and found several codenames supposedly indicative of characters that had not yet been revealed and are similar to codenames seen when you hover over a character's profile on the website (for example, Zim is "Alien", and Oblina is "Snake").

What's more, there's this tweet in response to the above one that lists potential characters that could be tied to these codenames:

According to this, the only codenames they weren't able to figure out/speculate were "Pasta", "Entranced", and "Meat".

So, if it turns out that this is legit, who do you guys think these last three codenames could indicate?

Personally, I think "Pasta" could be referring to CatDog considering they've already been potentially spotted on that shadowed-out box art (and their body-shape in general resembles that of a noodle).

Pasta sounds like it could be for either Garfield or CatDog and entranced might be for someone with mind control or something of the sort.

Meat could refer to either Krabs or Plankton, maybe the Mr. Meaty Bois if the Discord emotes were a red herring.

Or maybe I need to prepare myself for becoming a Skeet main.
Skeet.png

Edit: Anyone got a screenshot of the devs saying it was fake?

Last edited:

CapitaineCrash

Smash Champion
Honestly if Garfield isn't in the next character announcement I'm just going to call that he's not in the game. Garfield is so huge that I'm sure that if he was in the game, they would make sure that he's announced as soon as possible. I don't think they will keep a huge surprise like that as a last announcement, even less as a secret character.

IzukuXYang4Life

Banned via Warnings
So after going over the trailer I think I narrowed down some tourney legal stages. I initially thought Air Temple was one since it seemed to have a Kalos-like layout, but it turns out it has a higher platform making it capable of circle camping

View attachment 323319
Hey speaking of Stages.

I really they were set up like the stages from Playstation All Stars.

Were you get crossover stages that merge different worlds from Nickelodeon.

For example- You Fight In The Sewers And you have the kids from Rocket Power Show up and stakeboard around everywhere.

Jellyfish Fields- Maybe Have It Be Invaded By The Spirit World From Avatar With A Whole Bunch Spirits Flying Around

Rooftop- Maybe Have The Foot Clan Wreck Half The Town And Have Bob The Builder And His Trucks Come In And Fix The Town

Irken Armanda- Maybe Have the Yokians From Jimmy Neutron be at War WIth The Irken Armies.

I would honestly love to see that in the game. As well as other fighting games like Smash. That's one awesome aspect about Playstation All Stars we do need to see more of in crossover fighting games.

Feel free to either agree or disagree with me,

RGFS

Smash Journeyman
I just realized how the biggest problem with Timmy in the Jimmy Neutron crossover is how his eyes are basically bulging out of his head. If they made his eyeballs bigger and pushed them back it would work better.

His models in other games or action figures look pretty good.

Peepo T. Skeleton

Smash Ace
I just realized how the biggest problem with Timmy in the Jimmy Neutron crossover is how his eyes are basically bulging out of his head. If they made his eyeballs bigger and pushed them back it would work better.

Timmy just couldn't handle the Neutron style.

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719

The Jimmy Neutron animation staff just took FOP's character designs and copied them 1:1 in their 3D modeling program, while FOP's animators took some subtle creative liberties to make Jimmy Neutron's characters blend in. That's something I've noticed from rewatching Jimmy Neutron recently.

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
The Jimmy Neutron animation staff just took FOP's character designs and copied them 1:1 in their 3D modeling program, while FOP's animators took some subtle creative liberties to make Jimmy Neutron's characters blend in. That's something I've noticed from rewatching Jimmy Neutron recently.
I've heard a few stories of the Neutron staff having to make insane cost cutting measures because of faulty hardware and tight deadlines, so that could have something to do with it.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Hi!

For starters, there's nothing that fits Sandy, second, it's a 4chan text leak with no reason to believe it beyond "Dude, trust me". Finally, why would playtesters have access to the codenames?

RGFS

Smash Journeyman
Since the game is called Nickelodeon instead of Nicktoons, we might get live-action characters similar to how Smash has realistic-looking characters like Snake. What are your opinions on that? Do you want any? Did you like any live-action Nick shows to begin with?

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Since the game is called Nickelodeon instead of Nicktoons, we might get live-action characters similar to how Smash has realistic-looking characters like Snake. What are your opinions on that? Do you want any? Did you like any live-action Nick shows to begin with?
I think a lot of people loved the sitcom stuff to the point it'd be positively received, only issues are actor likeness which probably shuts the entire idea doen and Drake and Josh being very unfortunate if they happened now. My favourites were Kenan and Kel, the aforementioned Drake and Josh and iCarly. I know Zoey 101 and Victorious were especislly popular too

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
I've heard a few stories of the Neutron staff having to make insane cost cutting measures because of faulty hardware and tight deadlines, so that could have something to do with it.
The amount of time the third Power Hour itself spends in Dimmsdale (or with FOP's artstyle) itself is a cost cutting measure, because DNA Productions was about to be shut down thanks to the Ant Bully.

And considering they had 2-3 weeks per episode and the series had 60 of them, the biggest surprise is that every single Jimmy Neutron episode was completed by 2003, regardless of when it aired. The Power Hours are the only exception, they were animated later.

Last edited:

CapitaineCrash

Smash Champion

I think a lot of people loved the sitcom stuff to the point it'd be positively received, only issues are actor likeness which probably shuts the entire idea doen and Drake and Josh being very unfortunate if they happened now. My favourites were Kenan and Kel, the aforementioned Drake and Josh and iCarly. I know Zoey 101 and Victorious were especislly popular too
Ned Declassified was pretty popular too around the same time as Drake and Josh and ICarly. I think the biggest problem with live action characters is how you can make a fun moveset around them. We know the team wanted Alex Mack, which make sense because she actually have telekinetic power and other power too. I'm not sure how "funny step brother" or "girl who make video blog" can really make a good fighting game moveset.

Honestly considering Nick wasn't interested in Alex Mack in the game, I would say that the chances of having other live action characters are quite low, if not 0%. I feel like the game is going to focus on cartoon, and maybe live action stuff will have more chances if there's a sequel or maybe as dlc.

Top Bottom